Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Tilsley

Coronation Street star Ben Price has warned that his character Nick Tilsley won't have a speedy recovery after his upcoming road crash horror.

Nick is left in a coma next week after his Bistro van is hit by a lorry during a fateful drive with his half-brother David Platt (Jack P Shepherd).

Speaking on BBC One's Breakfast today (July 31), Price revealed that Nick's family will be on tenterhooks for weeks as it's unclear whether he will survive.

Previewing the crash, he explained: "We struggle over the wheel, the van spins, and it spins onto the wrong side of the road. There's a truck coming towards us, which comes into me.

"The truck merges with the car and then drives a couple of hundred yards down the road, with me crushed in it. David's fine, but I've taken my belt off. I end up in hospital in a coma.

"I get cut out the car, and for the next six weeks or eight weeks, it's touch and go."

With Nick's character expected to go in a new direction as a result of the crash, Price added that he is delighted to see the businessman become more like his dad Brian.

"You all have moments in Corrie, when it was your moment and you started watching it," he added. "I think Brian getting stabbed [was mine]. That's very useful for me as an actor, incredibly useful. I can look back and go, 'Oh, that's my dad, and he was a bit of a rogue'.

"It's so useful, because you can feed that in. I can see, if my father was like that, how I could be like that."

Coronation Street star Ben Price has said that the Platt family's current storyline has the potential to run for two years.

The actor's character Nick Tilsley sparked a terrible chain of events last Christmas as he had a one-night stand with his sister-in-law Kylie (Paula Lane), who may now be carrying his baby.

When Nick and his half-brother David (Jack P Shepherd) finally discuss the issue next week, their showdown builds up to a huge road accident which leaves Nick in a coma.

Price told Real Radio today (July 31): "I think the idea is that these incidents are so huge that you play this out for a year or two years. The baby's got to come, my revenge on David, and how the crash affects me personally, mentally.

"I don't think I'll ever be the same, so it's great. You get to play that for as long as you stick around I suppose, as long as they want to write it. That's what's so fantastic about this story. You've got many avenues."

He added: "I think the audience will get the big crescendo they want from that storyline, and then it will carry on. Actually there's another level again, beyond what you're about to see next week."

Price also gave his reaction to being on the longlist for the 2013 Inside Soap Awards in the 'Best Actor' category.

Playing down the nod, he laughed: "I think it's more to do with the story. You're more concerned [with] that, so you think, 'Okay, the story's working'. I know that sounds a bit strange! I just find it a bit embarrassing, to be honest!"

Coronation Street airs Nick's crash horror on Monday (August 5) from 7.30pm on ITV.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2013), lizann (01-08-2013), tammyy2j (01-08-2013)

Coronation Street star Ben Price has said that the Platt family's current storyline has the potential to run for two years
    Please no

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-08-2013), lizann (01-08-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-08-2013 at 17:04.

If that's the case the baby will be Nicks'

kill of nick i say

Coronation Street star Ben Price has said that he expects to get a hard time from fans when his character Nick Platt comes out of his coma.

Tonight's episodes of the soap will see the brother arguing in the Bistro van over Nick and Kylie's one-night stand when David (Jack P Shepherd) grabs the wheel and causes a collision with an oncoming lorry.

In the aftermath, Nick ends up in a coma and will suffer further complications when he undergoes surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain.

When he eventually does wake up, his personality has changed and he will become nasty and irrational.

Speaking to The Sun, Price said: "He is no longer Mr Nice Guy. The consequences of the crash are significant and his anger is off the scale.

"His character totally flips. He gets obsessive and he isn't rational at all. When the girls fuss over him, he reacts very, very angrily - every part of him is floundering.

"People have always been very kind to me when I meet them on the street because Nick is 'Mr Nice', but when they see him change, I expect them to shout at me instead.

Price described his latest storyline as his 'best ever' during his four-year stint on the ITV show, and added that he worked closely with the brain injury charity Headway to help him portray Nick after the accident.

"Physically a person can look the same after time but under the surface, their personality can change," said Price. "It affects relationships so much - it's not about the survival, it is about the years ahead.

"It will be up to the viewers to decide whether they think David intends to crash the car or not, but later Nick definitely thinks he did."

Coronation Street airs Nick and David's crash tonight (Monday, August 5) at 7.30pm on ITV.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-08-2013), lizann (05-08-2013)

Did Nick and Leanne ever contact the police after their apartment break in?

Don't think it will last as focused on all the time , but the kid will be his and it will be in a year or so it will become known. As for just now, either 1 of 2 things will happen - 1 When he wakes up he will have no memory of the crash and David will be please 2 He wakes up remembers everything, but will make a deal with David that if he drops all the hassle and never mentions any of it again , he won't tell the cops it was him behind all the hassle he's been having and won't tell them he undid his seat belt and pulled the steering wheel so that the car came to rest side on in the road and thus was hit by the lorry ..
    Last edited by walsh2509; 10-08-2013 at 02:20.

The gloves are off! Nick turns nasty as he remembers that David caused the crash that nearly cost him everything, Ben Price has revealed.

Ben, who plays Nick, said: "Nick’s come so close to dying and has been left with brain injuries that have put him in a place he’s never been before. He’s not Mr Nice Guy anymore."

"David tried to kill him and that will never go away. David will only ever try and save his own skin, and Nick knows that. His apologies are lost on him completely."

"As far as Nick’s concerned, David can go to hell. The gloves are off..."

"He knows his brother tried to kill him. David is really hoping that Nick won’t be able to remember what happened, but he does, and that’s really important," said Ben.

As Nick regains consciousness, he summons David to his bedside.

"Nick wants everything out in the open, no more secrets or lies. He is more than ready to come clean and get everything off his chest," said Ben.

"He asks David to get a DNA test, which David doesn’t want to do, but Nick threatens to expose him unless he agrees."

"Nick says if the baby is David’s, then he’ll keep quiet. But if it’s his, Nick tells him that will change things. Nick knows they need to do this in order to be able to move on. David’s so scared about losing Kylie."

"Nick wants everything out in the open, no more secrets or lies..."

Nick's severe injuries have left him bitter and frustrated.

"He’s in a bad place physically and mentally," said Ben. "He's a man who just doesn’t care anymore. Nick has always cared, he’s always made sure his mum is okay, his brother is okay, that Leanne is okay. Nick’s always been so calm, but now that has changed."

"Nick is told to expect a long road to recovery, and that it will be very difficult. He’s told there will be a lot of things that may shock or surprise him. Things won’t be the same for a long while, but you can’t keep Nick down. He has so much drive within him.

Thread Information