Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Tilsley

Coronation Street businessman Nick Tilsley is currently involved in one of the soap's biggest storylines as his half-brother David Platt is secretly plotting against him.

Having learned of his wife Kylie's one-night stand with Nick, scheming David (Jack P Shepherd) is hell-bent on destroying his life.

We recently caught up with Ben Price, who plays Nick, to hear what the consequences for his character will be in the long-term.

Has this been an enjoyable storyline to film?
    "Yeah, it's great - it's got all the elements that you want, really! First of all, it revolves around a secret and a very big one. Second of all, it's also great that it involves the whole Platt family and it sets the two brothers against each other. It's very exciting for us to film."

Do you think the writers chose the right time for David to find out the truth?
    "If I'm honest, I don't mind either way. There's two schools of thought - we could have dragged it out and extended the story over a year or two with David staying in the dark, but in this case we've brought out the truth now - and that maybe means we're going to have a bigger aftermath.

"Maybe the aftermath was more interesting from a storyline perspective. I don't know what happens when the writers have story conferences, but they obviously felt it would be exciting to reveal the secret now and have big consequences as a result. I'm quite happy with that!"

Are you pleased that they've held back on the David/Nick showdown for now?
    "Yes, I think it's fantastic that we're going to see a different David now. The earlier evil David would have probably just tried to kill Nick straight away! There's a development now, as David is older and things have changed for him. Having him be more devious is a good move from the writers, I think!"

This week, David tries to fool Nick into thinking that something is going on between Leanne and Peter again. How does Nick react?
    "Nick never thinks about it in terms of David - he only thinks about it in terms of Peter. Peter is the person Nick hates, so David has chosen a good way of getting to his brother. Nick hates Peter and that will be the case until the end of time! Even mentioning Peter's name annoys Nick. He doesn't like seeing him, he doesn't like him coming into the Bistro and he doesn't like walking past the bookies. He just doesn't like him!"

With Nick getting suspicious, what does Leanne make of it all?
    "Leanne just thinks that Nick is stressed because of the business and other things that have happened recently. I don't think she has any idea at the moment that something is untoward. There's nothing going on between Leanne and Peter, so from her point of view, there's nothing to hide. It's just Nick and his little mind!"

Is Nick worried now that the flat has been broken into?
    "He's a little bit worried, but he's mainly just thinking, 'Should have got a better lock!' He doesn't think about it initially, it's only when things start to add up that it gets to him."

How do things progress in the longer term?
    "This story will get very dark! I think we're going to see a very different, dark Nick for a long time. It could change him forever and it will change the dynamic in the Platt family. This story will have repercussions for a long, long time. But that's all quite a way into the future!"

Do you think the viewers will enjoy seeing Nick squirm?
    "Probably! Not necessarily him squirming, but I think they'll possibly enjoy watching a nastier side of Nick in the longer term. He'll squirm for a while, the truth will eventually come out about what David's doing, and then Nick will fight back. I don't think he's the sort of bloke to just take something like this lying down.

"Don't get me wrong, Nick has behaved badly. He doesn't really have a leg to stand on and knows it doesn't look good! But at the same time, he's not going to take it lying down when David starts confronting him."

Could this destroy the Platt family forever?
    "I'd say no! It won't end them forever, but it's essential to try and blow a family apart before bringing them back together again. It was similar with the Lewis Archer storyline.

"What's fantastic about the Platts is that they're bonded by blood, so in some ways it doesn't matter what happens. This family can rage and rage, but send one of the Barlows over, and they'll all immediately team up to have a go at them! That's the essence of it. You can fight tooth and nail within the family, but the minute someone threatens to harm the family, they'll turn on you."

Are you all still unaware of who the father of Kylie's baby is?
    "You don't know until you read it! There are whispers and various scenarios being thrown around, but until we get the scripts, we're not going to know. I think they change it depending on where they are and what they think is better dramatically in the long term. But that's not my choice, I just have to act it."

Do you have an opinion on which would be the better outcome?
    "Not on which would make the better storyline, as I don't think about stories in that way - it's not my job. With that said, I would like the baby to be Nick's. That's me thinking from Nick's point of view, because he wants a child. Whether this would be the best way for him to have a child I'm not sure, and if it was him, would him and Leanne ever get back together? Again, I don't know!

"Sometimes what you think would be better initially in the storyline isn't great in the long term. That's what the storyliners look at - they look at what would be better for the characters, in much more detail and in a much bigger timeframe."

Nick keeps on forgiving Leanne for things. Do you think it's her turn to forgive him for his secret?
    "It probably is, but I'm not sure she will, though! I think Nick can forgive but I don't think Leanne's very forgiving. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her. She's got a right temper on her! It's pretty big as Nick could have got his sister-in-law pregnant. I'd like to think that Leanne would forgive Nick, but I think it would take a while. It definitely wouldn't take five episodes!"

Are you still happy at Corrie?
    "Of course! If you get great storylines and great scenes to play every day, then why wouldn't you be happy? It's a great place to be. It's all about story for me and the character. Waiting to see what comes up next is the most exciting part for me. I get just as excited as you guys might to see where the story is going."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-06-2013)

Ben Price: Corrie's David 'deserved' cheating

Coronation Street's David Platt ''deserved it'' when his wife cheated on him with his brother.

The bad boy hairdresser - who is portrayed by Jack P. Shepherd - will go on a rampage when he discovers his brother Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) slept with his wife Kylie Platt (Paula Lane) on Christmas Day night (25.12.12), but Ben thinks his on-screen sibling has got what was coming to him.

He joked: ''David deserved this! I mean, come on. If you could choose Nick or David, who would you go for? It's an obvious choice!''

David will wreak havoc when he obtains a set of keys to Nick and Leanne Tilsley's (Jane Danson) flat and begins a revenge campaign of terror against his unsuspecting brother, and Ben teased there is a ''huge showdown'' to come between the pair.

He added to Inside Soap magazine: ''The story is really clever, as the pair of them were closer than ever prior to David learning the truth. But as David starts turning nasty again, Nick also becomes harder.

''They've both been hiding these sides to their personalities, and it's not going to end well at all!

''David's being incredibly helpful, and then incredibly obtuse at certain points - I think Nick is beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable.

''There's a huge showdown on the cards.''

Ben Price: Corrie's David 'deserved' cheating

Coronation Street's David Platt ''deserved it'' when his wife cheated on him with his brother.

The bad boy hairdresser - who is portrayed by Jack P. Shepherd - will go on a rampage when he discovers his brother Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) slept with his wife Kylie Platt (Paula Lane) on Christmas Day night (25.12.12), but Ben thinks his on-screen sibling has got what was coming to him.

He joked: ''David deserved this! I mean, come on. If you could choose Nick or David, who would you go for? It's an obvious choice!''

David will wreak havoc when he obtains a set of keys to Nick and Leanne Tilsley's (Jane Danson) flat and begins a revenge campaign of terror against his unsuspecting brother, and Ben teased there is a ''huge showdown'' to come between the pair.

He added to Inside Soap magazine: ''The story is really clever, as the pair of them were closer than ever prior to David learning the truth. But as David starts turning nasty again, Nick also becomes harder.

''They've both been hiding these sides to their personalities, and it's not going to end well at all!

''David's being incredibly helpful, and then incredibly obtuse at certain points - I think Nick is beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable.

''There's a huge showdown on the cards.''

Coronation Street bosses are planning a shock car crash storyline for David Platt and Nick Tilsley, according to a report.

The half-brothers - played by Jack P Shepherd and Ben Price respectively - will both be hospitalised after a huge accident in August, The Sun claims.

David is currently plotting against Nick after finding out that his wife Kylie had a one-night stand with the businessman at Christmas.

The crash is expected to take place as tension between the siblings boils over, with Nick left in a particularly bad state.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "The pair of them end up getting into a car together and there is an almighty row. With tempers frayed, David causes the car to spin out of control and it ends up crashing, leaving both brothers needing emergency treatment.

"But while they both end up in hospital, it's Nick who bears the brunt of it. He's knocked unconscious and remains in a coma in intensive care."

In his recent interview with Digital Spy, Price warned of tough times ahead for the Platts.

He said: "This story will get very dark! I think we're going to see a very different, dark Nick for a long time. It could change him forever and it will change the dynamic in the Platt family. This story will have repercussions for a long, long time. But that's all quite a way into the future!"

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-06-2013), Glen1 (27-06-2013), tammyy2j (25-06-2013)

Coronation Street actors Jack P Shepherd and Ben Price have been filming out on location for their characters' upcoming road crash horror.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that David Platt and Nick Tilsley will be involved in a huge accident later this summer as tension between the half-brothers escalates.

© Rex Features / McPix Ltd
    Ben Price sports fake blood on night shoot.

Ben Price and Jack P Shepherd

The shock storyline has now been confirmed as cast and crew were spotted shooting the dramatic scenes in Manchester.

Paparazzi pictures show that David and Nick will be in the Bistro's van when a huge row takes place between them.

With tempers at boiling point, David causes the vehicle to spin out of control - leading to a collision with a truck.

Reports have suggested that Nick will come out worse in the accident as he ends up in a coma in hospital.

The scene of David and Nick's deadly car crash

The scene of David and Nick's deadly car crash

The latest crisis for the Platts will occur as David's ongoing revenge story comes to a head.

David is currently plotting against Nick after finding out that his wife Kylie had a one-night stand with the businessman at Christmas.

The scenes in question are expected to air in August.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-06-2013), Glen1 (27-06-2013), lizann (08-07-2013)

Looking forward to this. I wonder if the row will involve the affair or something else. Because it seems like the reveal may be a bit later at Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    Looking forward to this. I wonder if the row will involve the affair or something else. Because it seems like the reveal may be a bit later at Christmas?
    i want david to tell nick he knows and this leads to the accident but of course when nick wakes up he wont remember

does nick's bistro do deliveries now and that is why the van?

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    i want david to tell nick he knows and this leads to the accident but of course when nick wakes up he wont remember

does nick's bistro do deliveries now and that is why the van?

Coronation Street airs potentially life-changing scenes for the Platt family next week as Nick and David have a horrifying road accident.

The brothers are arguing in the Bistro van over Nick and Kylie's one-night stand when David grabs the wheel and causes a collision with an oncoming lorry. In the aftermath, it's Nick who ends up much worse off as he's left in a coma with his life hanging in the balance...

Here, Ben Price - who plays Nick - teases the shock accident and the longer-term impact for his on-screen family.

When Leanne receives a poison pen letter which reveals that Nick was with another woman at Christmas, does Nick suspect that David is responsible?
    "No, he doesn't suspect it's David. He thinks there is a vendetta against him but he thinks Peter is behind it at first. Then when he starts to think about it, he works out that it has to be someone who was there at the time and knows he was with Kylie that night.

"Nick confronts Kylie, but then he just thinks maybe it's someone trying to have a spurious go. He hopes they don't really know something has happened and they're just trying to wind him up to inflame the situation.

"Nick is still very panicked, though. The last thing he wants is for someone to find out he slept with Kylie, but he palms it off pretty well when Leanne asks him about it."

Is Nick tempted to tell Leanne the truth?
    "No, he isn't tempted to tell her the truth at all. The truth is not going to help this situation. Nick is quite ruthless - when he wants to keep the equilibrium, he is quite ruthless about it. He slightly turns it back on her by saying, 'Nothing happened but if it had could you have blamed me?' So he slightly twists it on her."

When does Nick start to suspect that David is behind the vendetta?
    "He sees David talking to Tina and it gets very heated and aggressive. Nick starts putting things together and then he thinks, 'Okay he knows', and he has a word with Tina. Tina doesn't know it's Nick that slept with Kylie. She says David knows someone slept with Kylie, so then Nick therefore realises David knows it's him."

How does Nick feel about that?
    "I think what's quite good is we see Nick panic, but also see him get quite annoyed. He is panicked about David's reaction but then thinks, 'Okay, I slept with your wife but you're not going to ruin my life'. I think Nick still sees David as the younger brother, and although he thinks that what he has done is bad, what David has tried to do to him since is worse.

"Nick has a huge arrogance. Deep down nobody should ruin his life. He has the Bistro, he has the wife, he has a child, maybe not his, but he buys him things and supports a family. He doesn't want that ruined. Yes what he did at Christmas was bad, but David was nasty to Kylie, Leanne ran off with Peter and it was just one of those things. How could she resist Nick Tilsley?"

What happens when Nick tries to confront David while they're in the Bistro van together?
    "I think Nick gets annoyed because David doesn't admit to what he knows at first. Nick's prepared for the fact that they are going to have an argument, but when David starts to not admit what he's been up to and starts to be obtuse about it, Nick realises they're not getting anywhere. He says they'll go home, he'll admit it was his fault and they can move on. However, David doesn't want to do that because he doesn't want to lose Kylie.

"The reason that he's prepared to tell the truth to Leanne is that he believes he can talk his way out of it, because let's face it, she was off with Peter Barlow on their wedding day."

How does David react to Nick's plans to come clean?
    "He's worried. David doesn't want to go back and have it out with Kylie and risk losing her. So he grabs hold of the wheel while Nick's driving, forcing them off the road, then into the path of an oncoming lorry and puts Nick into a coma… as you do."

What kind of a reaction had Nick been expecting?
    "Nick thought David would go off on one like normal, go absolutely loopy, punch him, and then be grumpy for a few years. I don't think he expects him to not want to go back and tell the truth. I don't think he can quite work it out. Nick thinks, 'Why not?' Nick's prepared to take the blame, it's all going to be on Nick, so what's his problem? Nick has accepted the game is over."

Can you tell us a bit more about the crash?
    "David grabs the wheel and they only spin, but then he doesn't realise that there is a lorry going to run into the car. Nick's just thinking, 'Look, you could have killed us', but then it's too late to do anything as the lorry hits them.

"I don't think David is trying to kill Nick. It's a spur of the moment reaction, but if Nick does wake up, I think he'll blame David for it. I think we could see Nick turn back into his dad. Under the veneer there's an edge and David has gone too far this time. I think Nick could look exactly the same, appear exactly the same to most people, but underneath there would be an obsessed point of trying to ruin David's life like he's ruined his."

How badly injured is Nick?
    "He's in a coma, so it's pretty bad! He's got a brain injury and needs surgery, so no-one knows if he's going to pull through. We don't know whether he's going to live or die. In fact, they're pretty certain he's going to die, or if he lives it will be with huge complications. I think whatever happens he will never be the same, mentally, emotionally or physically."

What have the hospital scenes been like to film?
    "They're a little bit strange, because I am actually in the scene but just lying there with my eyes closed listening to what people are saying about me. That's what is different, people are talking about you whilst you're there. People don't talk about you whilst you're sitting in the room normally and it's strange listening to everything going on around you!"

Because Nick has a brain injury, you had to have your head shaved for these scenes. How did that feel?
    "I'm not bothered, I quite like it actually. If you've been playing a character for a while, coming up to four years now, it's really nice to mix him up and change him again. It's a real gift that our producer Stuart Blackburn has given me really. It's totally different.

"I've been able to do some research into brain injuries and it's something different to get my teeth into. Stuart has given me the chance to give Nick another side, always, permanently. As long as I play Nick then I can always play that little bit of him which has been affected by this. Because even if he comes through this, he is going to be different, affected by his injuries but also affected by what happened."

Do you think Nick would be willing to send David to prison for his part in the accident?
    "I don't think he would be bothered about having him go to prison. I think Nick would be more focused on hurting David. It wouldn't surprise me if Nick didn't try and go after Kylie to get him back where it would really hurt. I think he would have an obsessive side to him. The brain injuries doctor I spoke to about this storyline said he could have an obsessive side to him, and I think that's what his obsession would be, to hit David back where it hurts."

Do you think the brothers could make a pact whereby David agrees not to say anything to Kylie or Leanne, if Nick keeps quiet about the accident?
    "That wouldn't work. Sally knows about that night and she was the worst person for Gail to tell, big mouth Sally. Tina knows as well, Gail knows, so that would never work. I think the only way of resolving it would be to have a big face-off at some point. The brothers would need someone else to fight to eventually get them together again."

If Leanne finds out the truth, do you think the fact that Nick is at death's door will make a difference?
    "I don't know, I'm not sure if it would be enough. She is a right old feisty one. I can't see her sticking around with Nick if this all comes out. I think initially she would tell him where to go."

Can the Platt family survive this?
    "Yes of course, they could survive a nuclear attack. If you attacked them, they would all turn on you, that's what could bring them back together. That's the thing with the Platts, it's within blood. It's fine for them to be at war, but if you attacked them they would all turn around and fight back!"

Last edited by tammyy2j; 30-07-2013 at 00:22.

Thread Information