Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Gately has died

Stephen Gately has died

Boyzone star Stephen Gately has died while on holiday in Majorca, reports claim.

Gately, 33, died in his sleep yesterday following a night out on the island, according to the News of the World.

Bandmate Shane Lynch said that he, Ronan Keating, Mikey Graham and Keith Duffy will fly out to Majorca today following the news.

The group's manager Louis Walsh is quoted as saying: "We're all absolutely devastated. I'm in complete shock. I was only with him on Monday at an awards ceremony. We don't know much about what's happened yet.

"I only heard after The X Factor and we will rally around each other this week. He was a great man."

Meanwhile, a friend of Keating told the newspaper that the singer is "completely distraught", saying: "No-one saw this coming. He loved Stephen like a brother, they were so close, it's absolutely floored him.

"It's a massive shock to everyone and no-one can take it in yet. He was a man in the prime of his life, and this is a huge tragedy."

Irish-born Gately, who announced that he was gay in 1999, leaves behind husband Andrew Cowles. The pair married in a civil ceremony in London in 2006.

Boyzone split in 2000 and Gately went on to have a Top 10 solo album and three Top 20 singles before being dropped by his record label. He also played the lead in the West End production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and later appeared on ITV's Dancing On Ice.

The boyband reformed in 2007 and released two singles and 'best of' album Back Again... No Matter What last year. They have recorded a new album for release in spring 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...s-aged-33.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-10-2009)

How sad. RIP Stephen and condolences to his friends and family.

I just read this on the DM site and I was so so shocked he was so young

Wonderful voice and when I think of him I think of him singing that wonderful song 'No Matter What'

RIP Stephen a real sad lost

thats so sad, RIP stephen
    Maisie Mouse

Im in Shock! I cant believe it, i loved Boyzone, and he was brilliant. I love the song he sings in Billy Elliot, is it I Believe

This is so sad and sudden ! RIP Stephen Gately ! xx

Still can't believe it - I love Boyzone, saw them in concert when they came back last year and again this year - a brill night out - he will be dearly missed

Very sad news. RIP Stephen.

I read it on the guardain website and was soo shocked RIP

RIP Stephen

Thread Information