Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cain and Charity

Interview with Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle)

Cain Dingle's jealousy over his partner Charity's working relationship with Jai Sharma reaches boiling point next week as the pair head off together for a business trip in Leeds. Jai sees the getaway as the perfect chance to turn on the charm, telling Charity that he's only booked one room at their hotel and that she deserves better than Cain. Although Charity spurns Jai's advances, Cain is convinced that she has been unfaithful and, determined for revenge, ends up having a night of passion with Faye. Here, Jeff Hordley - who plays Cain - chats about the storyline twists in a quick Q&A.

How hard is Cain finding Charity and Jai's relationship?
    "He's been getting very jealous and angry and Charity is winding him up further. Debbie tells him he's got to stop acting like this and suggests he should apologise for being on her case all the time. But he's not happy about her going away for the night to a hotel with Jai and he doesn't understand why they're staying over."

What happens next?
    "He decides to go to the hotel with flowers and champagne and asks them to be sent up to Charity's room. When he finds out there is no room booked under Charity's name - just one under Jai Sharma who has now checked out - he instantly assumes they've had a bit of a fling. So he throws the flowers away, smashes the bottle of champagne, goes to the village, sees Faye in the pub and sleeps with her…"

Does Charity find out?
    "It's unfortunate, really, because the next day he comes out of Faye's house and kisses her in front of Charity. Charity storms over and slaps Faye, and they have a huge row. She tells him that she turned Jai down and they stayed in separate rooms at another hotel. So she's actually done nothing wrong, but Cain's still convinced even the day after that she has cheated on him."

Why does Cain find it so difficult to trust Charity?
    "She's not been a very trustworthy soul in the past. I think that's why he wanted them to get married last year so they were technically more committed to one another. It's not a relationship that's based on trust at all."

Does Cain actually fancy Faye?
    "Faye kind of said to him in the pub, 'You'll want to get back at her, won't you?' Faye's playing a game as well because she and Jai have split and she doesn't like Charity, so they both have an ulterior motive and it's no strings attached."

How gutted is Cain when Charity breaks up with him?
    "He's still absolutely convinced Charity has slept with Jai and he wants her to admit something was going on. They've had arguments like this before and I think he just assumes she'll be back."

Are you surprised that they've lasted this long?
    "No not really, they're kind of made for each other in a lot of ways, they absolutely adore each other. But they struggle in normal domesticity."

What advice would you give to Cain?
    "I don't think I could get through to someone like Cain! I'd literally tell him to do the opposite of what he's doing, but he wouldn't listen to somebody like me."

Is this the end for Cain and Charity?
    "Cain and Charity can't live with each other but they also can't live without each other…"

DS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

southlundon (02-02-2011), tammyy2j (24-02-2011)

Emmerdale's Jeff Hordley has teased that the drama between Cain and Charity will go "on and on".

Next week, the latest twist in the ongoing plot will see Cain sleep with Faye Lamb (Kim Thompson) when he incorrectly believes that Charity (Emma Atkins) has spent the night with Jai at a hotel. However, Hordly revealed that when his plan backfires Cain will have to fight harder than ever to win Charity back.

"When she then accuses him, he doesn't deny it and admits he has slept with Faye but tells Charity he's 'within his rights' as she's slept with Jai," Hordley told Soaplife. "It's a tit-for-tat thing for Cain. She's telling the truth when she tells Cain that she hasn't slept with Jai, but he doesn't believe her for a second."

However, Charity decides that she is not hanging around and tells Cain that she is moving out.

The actor continued: "Cain just thinks, 'She'll be back' but he isn't happy. He thinks she's probably gone straight to Jai's, but she says she’s taking Noah and leaving the country.

"Cain, meanwhile, sleeps with Faye again. He just thinks 'why not?'. It's wholly a sexual thing. He has no feelings for Faye."

"Cain and Charity have a massive argument, but even after that he still thinks she'll come round before long," he added. "It’s not going to be that straightforward, though. This storyline is going to go on and on. Charity doesn't come round and Cain's really going to have to fight for her. I think he'll do what he can to get her back as, at the end of the day, she is the love of his life."

Jeff Hordley has predicted that he will never share an Emmerdale storyline with his wife and co-star Zoe Henry.

The actor, who plays bad boy Cain Dingle on the ITV1 soap, has been married to Henry (Rhona Goskirk) since 2003 and they have two children together. They first met in the early '90s.

However, the pair's real-life partnership has never been replicated on screen, where Cain and Rhona have nothing to do with each other.

Speaking about his relationship in an interview with Soaplife, Hordley commented: "We met at drama school in 1994. I saw Zoe and realised she was the girl for me."

Asked about the challenge of juggling work with family life, he continued: "We don't film at the same time so we can share the childcare. I don't think we'll ever have a storyline together - Cain and Rhona are too different. Cain thinks Rhona's a bit of a snobby cow. For me and Zoe, it works well."

Hordley also praised his current Emmerdale plotline, which has seen Cain split from partner Charity in acrimonious circumstances.

He said: "I'm loving [Emmerdale] - especially now that Cain and Charity have split up and I can really get my teeth into sparring with Emma Atkins, who plays Charity."

Emmerdale's Charity Tate risks the wrath of former fiance Cain Dingle after she sleeps with her boss Jai Sharma. S

The manipulative minx - played by Emma Atkins - has had her sights set on the rich businessman (Chris Bisson) for a while and finally does the deed with him, now she has split from evil Cain (Jeff Hordley).

However, her ex-lover will be furious when he finds out and Emma admits no one's sure how far he will go to get his revenge.

She said: "Charity is playing with fire, but that's part of who she is - it's just her. She can't resist an element of risk because it's exciting. It makes every day in the village more interesting.

"She's the sort of person who doesn't really know what she's doing in a small village like 'Emmerdale', and she thinks she shouldn't be there. She's got much bigger fish to fry."

As well as getting revenge on Cain - who bedded Jai's ex-flame Faye - Charity knows Jai offers her the security she can't provide for herself.

Emma added to Inside Soap magazine: "She's seen an opportunity with Jai. His business is the biggest thing she's been involved in for a long time. It's offering her some freedom from Cain because she's being paid well. It's been her ticket away from relying on her ex."

(C) BANG Media International

Emmerdale's Cain to kill Charity?

'Emmerdale's Cain Dingle will try to kill ex-fiancee Charity Tate when he flies into a jealous rage

The village bad boy - played by Jeff Hoardley - tricks his former flame into meeting him at a hotel and when their heart-to-heart is interrupted by a porter bearing a gift Charity (Emma Atkins) has bought for new man Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), Cain sees red and pounces on his ex-lover.

Jeff said: "There's quite a personal note with the present and Cain wants to know why she never wrote stuff like that for him.

"Charity throws a flippant comment back and a red mist comes down. In a moment of craziness, he pushes a pillow over her face. He thinks, 'If I can't have you, nobody else can', but thankfully he realises what he's doing just in time."

Cain's rage comes after an evening of revelations between the pair.

Jeff revealed: "Cain pushes Charity and it's a real cat-and-mouse game for a while. She almost gives in - but then he brings up her past as a prostitute again.

"She ends up telling him stuff he never knew though, like how she was abused by one of her first clients and never got paid much - it's a real heart-to-heart."

As well as trying to win back Charity, Cain also plans revenge on Jai - by attacking the businessman's brother Nikhil (Rik Makerem).

Jeff added to Inside Soap magazine: "Despite what Cain says and does, Jai makes out he's not bothered. So Cain's plan B is to get to his brother instead.

"He tells Nikhil to have a word with Jai or he'll suffer the consequences. He gags Nikhil and ties him up - then dumps him in a bin to prove his point. Nikhil is stuck in there overnight - but Jai later tells Cain that, no matter how much bullying he does, he's not getting Charity back."

(C) BANG Media International

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (02-03-2011)

^ Sounds like a great episode - two of the best characters ever on the show are Cain and Charity

Emmerdale's Emma Atkins has hinted at an upcoming "ugly" confrontation between Cain and Charity Dingle.

The actress revealed that the pair will come face-to-face in a hotel as Cain (Jeff Hordley) tries to convince Charity to end her new relationship with Jai Sharma.

"She tries to [leave] but Cain grabs her and tells her she's staying put while she hears him out," Atkins told What's On TV. "She swallows her fears and agrees to listen. Cain says she's made her point but now it's time to come home.

"She admits they had good times but that's all over. She's with Jai now. It's not just a tit-for-tat fling. Cain goes ballistic. He pushes her onto the bed and holds a pillow over her face."

She continued: "They're both devastated by how toxic their relationship now is. They start having a go at each other - he mocks her for having been a prostitute while she tells him how he's abused her over the years. It's really ugly."

However, Atkins admitted that there could still be a future for Cain and Charity.

"She may not have the fierce passion with Jai that she had with Cain but where did that get her?" she said. "Charity wants success - and Jai's the man to help her achieve it. Her relationship with Cain is in the past. But she's said that before…"

Emma Atkins has predicted that Charity Dingle will never be free from her "obsession" with former lover Cain.

The Emmerdale actress, who has portrayed the feisty blonde on and off since 2000, told Soaplife that Charity's connection to Cain (Jeff Hordley) is "not healthy".

"Charity and Cain have an obsession with each other and it's not healthy. They seem to love seeing each other suffer and they're both addicted to this constant one-upmanship. It's pretty awful," Atkins explained.

"She's really enjoying being with Jai [Sharma, portrayed by Chris Bisson] but she just can't shake off Cain. Jai might get fed up with that. Charity's a selfish woman who rather enjoys having two men fighting over her."

In coming scenes, Charity will report Cain to the police for a break-in at her home, but is torn when she considers the fall out, particularly the impact it has on her relationship with daughter Debbie (Charley Webb).

"[Charity's] already feeling unsure. She could put Cain behind bars but then there would be his vengeance to deal with," the actress said.

"She knows how dangerous Cain can be. But most of all she can't bear the thought of losing Debbie."

Atkins previously said that she has sympathy for Cain's predicament in the wake of his split from Charity.

Chris Bisson has revealed that his Emmerdale love triangle storyline will continue to cause fireworks in the village for some time to come.

The actor's character Jai Sharma won the heart of Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) earlier this year, stealing her away from her villainous partner Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley).

Unhappy over being dumped, Cain has recently tried to make life hell for Jai and Charity and he returns to his old tricks later this week when he breaks into the Sharma residence and steals some of his ex's possessions, prompting her to call the police.

Speaking about the plot on This Morning today, Bisson commented: "It's been a great storyline, actually, and it continues for a long time. Jai's been pursuing Charity for a long time, and now he's finally got her, that brings a whole raft of problems with Cain along the way."

Pondering whether Jai could eventually resort to desperate measures to get rid of Cain, he replied: "I'm not entirely sure where it's going ultimately, but I pick up the scripts and there's a scene that I did with Charity where I say getting him locked up was the best way of getting rid of him, but clearly not the only way of getting rid of him!

"I've alluded to having a plan B a couple of times, but as yet, I don't know [what it is] so every time I get a script I'm looking!"

Bisson also refused to rule out the possibility that Jai could have a darker past, making him a more dangerous adversary than Cain realises.

He teased: "I think Jai and the Declan character have some connections - they're quite well connected. There's a scene in The Woolpack coming up shortly where we touch on it!"

DS

Emmerdale star Emma Atkins has hinted that Jai Sharma may not be the best match for her character Charity Tate.

The pair are currently planning their wedding on screen, but Charity finds herself drawn back in by ex-partner Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley) in forthcoming episodes.

Charity and Cain receive a shock in tonight's hour-long edition of Emmerdale when their granddaughter Sarah is diagnosed with a rare genetic condition.

The news prompts Charity to tell Jai (Chris Bisson) that she will be spending more time with Cain from now on, and she goes on to share another kiss with the bad boy mechanic next week.

Atkins told Inside Soap of the storyline: "Cain and Charity are so alike, and it's history repeating itself. Being apart has given them time to again build up this sexual tension between them."

However, Charity soon turns against Cain again when she discovers his recent treatment of troubled teen Amy Wyatt (Chelsea Halfpenny), before frantically trying to repair relations with Jai.

Atkins added: "Charity is determined to make this relationship work. But as much as she does love Jai, I think her heart truly belongs to Cain."

Thread Information