Thread: Casualty v X Factor on 18 October

Casualty v X Factor on 18 October

The BBC is facing further scheduling controversy after moving an episode of Casualty to a Sunday night - putting it head to head with The X Factor.
    BBC1 was already under fire from viewers after putting Strictly Come Dancing directly against the ITV talent show on Saturday evenings.

Now it plans to shift an episode of the popular hospital drama, which normally goes out on Saturdays, to Sunday October 18, when The X Factor results show is on.

The corporation says it had to make the move because of obligations to show qualifying sessions for the Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix.

There would not be enough time to show the motor racing, Strictly and Casualty before Match of The Day.
    The shakeup also means there will be no episode of Merlin on October 17 or Antiques Roadshow the following night.

The move comes after the new series of Strictly Come Dancing has been scheduled head to head with the The X Factor.

Viewers claimed that the corporation was ruining their Saturday night viewing and even BBC chairman Sir Michael Lyons was critical.

The F1 qualifying coverage means Strictly Come Dancing will start at 7.15pm with the National Lottery at 9.25pm and the news ten minutes later.
    Casualty will be replaced by a repeat of Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow.

'On the Sunday Casualty will begin at 8.10pm, while the X Factor results show is due to go out between 7.45pm and 9pm.
    The BBC is claiming that the move is a one-off to accommodate the motor-racing coverage.

A spokesman said: 'Casualty has clashed with The X Factor many times before on Saturday nights. On this occasion the Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday means the schedule has changed and the show will be moved to Sunday and Merlin will have a break for a week.

'Casualty moves occasionally to make way for certain sporting events or other pieces of programming which come into the schedule and can't be moved. We knew it was happening and planned for it. This is the best solution for our audience.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0TPaqN6V9

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

'Casualty moves occasionally to make way for certain sporting events or other pieces of programming which come into the schedule and can't be moved. We knew it was happening and planned for it. This is the best solution for our audience.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0TPaqN6V9
    Correction: Casualty moves time slot EVERY week to make way for other programs. Surely for what is probably the BBC's longest running drama they should show it more consideration and give it a regular time slot.

If the BBC really want to cause a storm in a teacup they should have moved Strictly to Sunday night.

Correction: Casualty moves time slot EVERY week to make way for other programs. Surely for what is probably the BBC's longest running drama they should show it more consideration and give it a regular time slot.
    Good point well made!

Yeah I so agree. Holby has a regular slot, and its been running for less time than Casualty!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

The only way I know when casualty is on at the moment is cos I watch strictly

I agree ! It seems to be getting later and later on a saturday and they just keep moving it and sometimes if Strictly over runs it then makes casualty even later.

well i need to watch F1, casualty and X Factor......and its my birthday that night...

good job they invented sky plus....i never actually watch anything when its on any more anyway! wizz through all the boring bits then

Quote Originally Posted by annette_tr9 View Post
    well i need to watch F1, casualty and X Factor......and its my birthday that night...

good job they invented sky plus....i never actually watch anything when its on any more anyway! wizz through all the boring bits then
    I won't be watching X factor, F1 all the way for me.. X factor is repeated anyways
    Super Mod

I always miss the repeats cos I never wake up in time to watch them

Thread Information