Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Claudia (Rula Lenska)

i hope Rula stays in it for a while, she's great fun and it's nice for Audrey to have a female friend her own age
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    i hope Rula stays in it for a while, she's great fun and it's nice for Audrey to have a female friend her own age
    I agree, Claudia's a great addition to Corrie.

I'm glad to hear that Steve and Becky aren't losing the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I agree, Claudia's a great addition to Corrie.

I'm glad to hear that Steve and Becky aren't losing the pub.
    Sorry to disappoint you both but .................

CORONATION Street star Rula Lenska is to quit the soap after nearly two years playing glamorous salon owner Claudia Colby.
    Rula, 63, has just filmed her final scenes, which will play out over the next six weeks.
    Show insiders say her departure will pave the way for her character's pal Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) to get together with Claudia's cross-dressing boyfriend Marc Selby (Andrew Hall).
    A source said: "We're really going to have some fun with this. Audrey will fully embrace Marc's cross dressing, and even help him pick out outfits."
    Audrey, also a hair salon boss, has been a shoulder to cry on for Marc after she discovered his secret life as alter-ego Marcia.

Their relationship will heat up after Claudia leaves Weatherfield - and their first kiss will be seen in July. The pair will then spend wild nights out - both dressed up to the nines - in Manchester's gay village.
    Rula has asked producers to leave the door open for a comeback. A Corrie spokeswoman said: "We've loved having Rula. She's been absolutely brilliant as Claudia and we hope one day she'll return."
    Rula - a Polish countess born Roza-Marie Leopoldyna Lubienska - said she is leaving to "concentrate on other commitments".
    Fans can see her on stage in Calendar Girls, touring the UK from August, with ex-Brookside beauty Jennifer Ellison and former Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup.

(c) The Sun

thank god!! sorry but i cant stick her

she been in corrie for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by thestud2k7 View Post
    thank god!! sorry but i cant stick her

she been in corrie for 2 years
    I agree. I think she is a bit OTT and her voice is more masculine than Marcs

Fans can see her on stage in Calendar Girls, touring the UK from August, with ex-Brookside beauty Jennifer Ellison and former Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup.
    Last edited by alan45; 18-05-2011 at 00:52.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (20-05-2011)

Rula Lenska will reportedly leave Coronation Street as her current storyline comes to a conclusion.

According to The Sun, the 63-year-old actress recently filmed her final scenes as glamorous hairdresser Claudia Colby.

An ongoing plot has seen Claudia confide in her friend Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) her suspicions that her boyfriend Marc Selby (Andrew Hall) is having an affair, unaware of his cross-dressing secret. However, viewers saw Marc unveil his alter ego Marcia to a shocked Claudia last week.

Her departure will reportedly allow Audrey and Marc to begin a relationship, with the new couple tipped to share their first kiss in July.

"We're really going to have some fun with this," an insider told the paper. "Audrey will fully embrace Marc's cross-dressing, and even help him pick out outfits."

However, Lenska - who will tour the UK with the stage production of Calendar Girls from August - has asked bosses to leave the door open for her to return to the Manchester serial.

A spokeswoman for the soap said: "We've loved having Rula. She's been absolutely brilliant as Claudia and we hope one day she'll return."

Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson previously spoke out to dismiss rumours that Claudia was being lined up as the next landlady of the Rovers Return.
    Shame I liked her

Before she goes , they should cut the wires holding her jaw shutr and allow her to speak properly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to walsh2509 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (20-05-2011)

Rula Lenska has confirmed that she is hoping to reprise her role as Coronation Street's Claudia Colby in the future.

The actress recently filmed her final scenes as the outspoken character, who has recently featured in a love triangle storyline with her friend Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) and cross-dresser Marc Selby (Andrew Hall).

Coronation Street sources have indicated that Claudia's exit paves the way for Audrey and Marc to begin a relationship at last, having formed a firm friendship in recent months.

Lenska told The Mirror of her departure: "I'm hoping they will leave the door open for my return, as I adore Coronation Street so much. I love everyone I work with. I'll be looking forward to doing more theatre when I leave but I hope to return."

Discussing Claudia's disapproval over Marc's cross-dressing, she commented: "I don't think Claudia was very happy when she found out about Marc, but you'll have to wait and see what happens."

Lenska has appeared in Coronation Street on and off since 2009 and Claudia has featured as both a friend and rival for Audrey.

She added: "There's something charming about the Street - what it does with the older generation. It's fantastic that we have so many interesting and fun storylines involving people over 60.

"There are just so many wonderful characters, they can be mischievous and endearing and people love to watch them. That's what they do so well, and what makes it the best soap."

Lenska will go on tour with the stage production of Calendar Girls later this year

It sounds like Audrey Roberts is going to have a very busy summer on Coronation Street.

Audrey (Sue Nicholls) will be at the centre of two separate comedic storylines over the summer months that will bring back former Corrie cast members Nigel Havers and Rula Lenska, a spokesperson for the show has told Digital Spy.

Havers memorably played Audrey's on-off lover Lewis Archer in two previous stints, having most recently gone on the run to Belize to escape the law. We imagine any reappearance on the cobbles will cause trouble for Audrey and Gail Platt (Helen Worth).

Rula Lenska will be reprising her role as salon owner Claudia Colby, whose friendship with Audrey went south when both became romantically involved with the same man. Lenska's soap experience also includes playing Frank Butcher's girlfriend Krystle in a 2002 EastEnders special.

Rula Lenska
    © GETTY IMAGES DAVE J HOGAN
    (Rula Lenska)

A return to the cobbles for Nigel Havers is coming a year after he very publicly campaigned to reprise his role as conman Lewis Archer on the long-running ITV soap.

"I would love to [return], actually," he said on Piers Morgan's Life Stories. "I do owe [character] Gail 40 grand at the moment and I think as an honourable man, I'd like to pay that back. It was wonderful doing the show."

The ITV soap is currently building up to the departures of both Aidan Connor (Shayne Ward) and Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley), while the Pat Phelan (Connor McIntyre) murder spree is expected to come to a head this year as well.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-03-2018 at 05:03.

Thread Information