Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Rula Lenska to guest in Corrie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    44,060
    Thanked: 35186

    Rula Lenska to guest in Corrie

    Actress Rula Lenska is to film a guest appearance in Coronation Street.

    The 62-year-old Polish countess, who made her name in the late '70s by pretending to be famous in a US haircare advert, will take on the role of Claudia, an old friend of Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls).

    A Coronation Street spokesperson this morning told DS: "Rula will play a glamorous friend of Audrey's who she meets up with at a function. She makes Audrey think about her life and what she wants out of it."

    She will film her scenes on Friday, October 16 and will appear on screen in the run-up to Christmas.

    Lenska's other screen credits over the years have included Minder, Footballers' Wives, Casualty and EastEnders, in which she played Frank Butcher's (Mike Reid) girlfriend Krystal in the BBC soap's Spanish special in January 2002.

    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...in-corrie.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    If I told you I would have to kill you
    Posts
    16,131
    Thanked: 7710
    Actress Rula Lenska is reprising her role as hairdresser Claudia Colby in 'Coronation Street'.


    Lenska - Returning as Claudia Colby

    Lenska's agent, Paul Pearson, said: "Her current contract finishes in January but they're talking to us about extending it.

    "They really like the character of Claudia. And she just loves the show and loves the cast.

    "There are some very nice storylines ahead."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    21,591
    Thanked: 11053
    She could come and work with Audrey

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In Purgatory.
    Posts
    10,587
    Thanked: 1220
    She could get Natasha's job in the salon.

    Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    If I told you I would have to kill you
    Posts
    16,131
    Thanked: 7710
    Rula Lenska is reportedly being lined-up as the next landlady of the The Rovers Return.

    Coronation Street bosses have reportedly discussed the move after signing the actress up for more appearances as hairdresser Claudia Colby. The Mirror reports that Claudia will discover that current landlady Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) is quitting the Weatherfield boozer next month.

    "Running the pub would be a massive step," an insider told the paper. "But it’s one that has definitely been talked about.

    "Claudia ticks all the boxes for a feisty, no-nonsense landlady of a certain age. She could certainly make a great Rovers boss to follow in Liz's footsteps."

    The 63-year-old's agent added: "They’re talking to us about extending her contract. They really like the character of Claudia. And Rula loves the show and cast. There are some very nice storylines ahead."

    Lenska will make her next appearance in the ITV soap on New Year's Eve.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

    Dazzle (29-12-2010), lizann (05-01-2011), tammyy2j (29-12-2010)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    If I told you I would have to kill you
    Posts
    16,131
    Thanked: 7710
    Andrew Hall is joining Coronation Street.

    Andrew will arrive as Claudia's boyfriend. We'll see him on screen on Friday 7 January.

    Some of you may remember him from Butterflies

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    19,149
    Thanked: 11773
    I like Claudia

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In Purgatory.
    Posts
    10,587
    Thanked: 1220
    Quote Originally Posted by Nollaig chridheil huibh View Post
    Andrew Hall is joining Coronation Street.

    Andrew will arrive as Claudia's boyfriend. We'll see him on screen on Friday 7 January.

    Some of you may remember him from Butterflies
    Do you think Claudia has set up Marc to chat up Audrey, or will this be a new romance for Audrey?

    Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    44,060
    Thanked: 35186
    Quote Originally Posted by Horny Hollie View Post
    Do you think Claudia has set up Marc to chat up Audrey, or will this be a new romance for Audrey?
    That went through my mind too

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    44,060
    Thanked: 35186
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Rula Lenska is reportedly being lined-up as the next landlady of the The Rovers Return.

    Coronation Street bosses have reportedly discussed the move after signing the actress up for more appearances as hairdresser Claudia Colby. The Mirror reports that Claudia will discover that current landlady Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) is quitting the Weatherfield boozer next month.

    "Running the pub would be a massive step," an insider told the paper. "But it’s one that has definitely been talked about.

    "Claudia ticks all the boxes for a feisty, no-nonsense landlady of a certain age. She could certainly make a great Rovers boss to follow in Liz's footsteps."

    The 63-year-old's agent added: "They’re talking to us about extending her contract. They really like the character of Claudia. And Rula loves the show and cast. There are some very nice storylines ahead."

    Lenska will make her next appearance in the ITV soap on New Year's Eve.

    Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson has insisted that Claudia Colby will not be taking over the reins of the Rovers Return.

    Claudia - played by Rula Lenska - was tipped to become the new landlady of the iconic pub late last year following the announcement that Liz McDonald is leaving the cobbles for good.

    However, speaking to Inside Soap about The Rovers' future, Collinson explained: "Steve still owns the pub and that's not going to change in the foreseeable future. He and Becky are definitely at the heart of it and they're not going anywhere.

    "We will get a new licensee, as that was Liz. It won't be Claudia, though - that was just a silly rumour. I think Rula Lenska is wonderful, but she won't be taking over."

    Collinson also dismissed claims that Sean Tully will tie the knot with ex-lover Marcus Dent on the same day that Prince William and Kate Middleton marry. Antony Cotton - who plays Sean - has also previously denied the rumours.

    Collinson said: "Don't believe everything you read - there'll be no gay wedding on that night. But the residents of the street will definitely be celebrating the wedding of Wills and Kate. It would be a bit odd if you tuned in that day and it wasn't mentioned!"

    DS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •