Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Spooks

I think he probaly did jump by the tears back on the grid, and because we know that Richard Armitage will be going to New Zealand to film "The Hobbit" so it's unlikely he'll be back next year pity. Should Harry and Ruth marry. Oh hell yes but I don't want the writers to go all romantic like the Americans do with their dramas. Harry has to be back in charge next year who else could take over from Peter Firth?

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (08-11-2010), Dutchgirl (09-11-2010)

Well we all know characters usually survive two series, but now all the strong characters are gone.

We still have Harry, Ruth and Tariq left. What makes Spooks a great drama is that it's not afraid to take risks and axe top characters. Lucas, Adam and Ros were all neebies once and they gelled well with the viewers. It's up to Max and Sophie to do the same.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (09-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    We still have Harry, Ruth and Tariq left. What makes Spooks a great drama is that it's not afraid to take risks and axe top characters. Lucas, Adam and Ros were all neebies once and they gelled well with the viewers. It's up to Max and Sophie to do the same.
    I do agree with what you're saying. But The others were bystanders until now. I do think there is potential there. But some are strong characters from the beginning.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchgirl For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (09-11-2010)

Another point is that the series only usually replaces one character at a time. Like Lucas replacing Adam. but this year we're having to get used to two new spooks. And if they do replace Harry that is almost a whole new cast to get used to.

Anyone up for this.

'Spooks' triggers MI5 recruitment surge

The BBC's espionage drama Spooks is reportedly helping to increase interest in working for security service MI5.

According to The Daily Mail, the number of visits to the MI5 website triples from an average of 500 to 1,500 during the Monday night slot when Spooks is on BBC One.

While the programme is on-air, seven of the top ten phrases used in search engines to find the site are related to jobs, including 'MI5 careers', 'MI5 jobs', and 'How to join MI5'.

However, the Service is understood to be concerned that the violent and bloody storylines in Spooks could deter female candidates from joining. (Wouldn't bother me. I love a bit of violence and torture.)

MI5 has launched a recruitment drive specifically aimed at attracting more female intelligence officers, as 59% of its employees are currently male.

A senior Whitehall source said: "Spooks is a great TV show, but the violence can put women off applying for jobs at MI5.

"A career in the Service is about brain, not brawn - carefully piecing together vital intelligence to protect the UK and its people."

Spooks, which is one of the BBC's longest-running dramas, reaches the climax of series nine tonight with the hunt for renegade operative Lucas North.

I applied to MI5. I can tell you this because I didn't get through to any security clearance stages I'm quite intelligent but the critical thinking challenge went straight over my head. I know terrorists sometimes write in code or different languages but this was English with a twist!
    Thanks CrazyLea

Anyone go see the film with the guy from Games of Thrones?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Anyone go see the film with the guy from Games of Thrones?
    I've read it's not that great so I'm not tempted even though I was a Spooks fan.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I've read it's not that great so I'm not tempted even though I was a Spooks fan.
    Yes I liked the tv show but the film trailer didn't appeal to me

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-05-2015)

Thread Information