Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spooks

Spooks series 9 to begin in September The BBC's Press Office has released Programme Information for Week 38 (18th-24th September), and the new series of Spooks is listed as beginning during that week, although the exact date and time have yet to be announced.

There's also an interview with Richard Armitage about the series. He says, "Deception and betrayal are key. Of course there are also exciting and intriguing stories of the week but the overall series arc really unravels the character of Lucas North and blows his whole world apart. His loyalty and his future at MI5 are all under the microscope." He also introduces the new characters joining the Grid, and the Government, in this series, and reveals that after Ros's death, Lucas becomes head of Section D.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Abigail (07-09-2010), Dazzle (07-09-2010), Dutchgirl (09-09-2010), lizann (07-09-2010)

So Ros is definitely dead

As long Richard Armitage is back all is well

How did Ros die? I can't remember. Was Harry kidnapped at the end of series 8 or was it 7?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Ros died in a huge explosion in a hotel as she was trying to get someone out. Harry was kidnapped at the end of series 7.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 08-09-2010 at 15:14.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Abigail (08-09-2010)

Hmm that rings a bell. Might have to watch the last episode again to refresh my memory

Just read the episode synopsis and I remember Ros dying now.
    Last edited by Abigail; 08-09-2010 at 16:01.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Spooks, series 9 episode 1

Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Spooks Ep 1/8

Unplaced
    Day and time to be confirmed BBC ONE
    www.bbc.co.uk/spooks
    Feature
    The team at Section D is in mourning following the tragic death of Ros Myers, who was killed in an explosion while trying to save the British Home Secretary, as the award-winning spy drama returns for its ninth series. Section Chief Harry Pearce is hit particularly hard by the loss and he's dismayed to learn that a trusted friend has blood on their hands. Harry wants revenge and will stop at nothing to get it.

One month later, Lucas North boards a ship in Tangier to track rising Somalian Al Qaeda star, Abib. Alongside Lucas is Special Boat Service (SBS) agent Dimitri Levendes, who is masquerading as the ship's captain. An unexpected interruption from what appears to be Somali pirates puts Lucas in mortal danger. His unlikely saviour is an Eastern European prostitute, who he later discovers is undercover mercenary Beth Bailey, also sent to track Abib.

The pirates are a much bigger threat than first anticipated – they are in fact an Al Qaeda cell who have smuggled explosives onboard and are headed for the UK.

After escaping the ship and returning to London, Lucas and the rest of Section D concentrate on stopping the floating bomb. Beth, who is keen for a job on the Grid, turns up unexpectedly with information about the boat. Harry remembers Beth from the past and is unsure whether she can be trusted but, with time running out, the team has no other option. Harry is forced into taking drastic action to prevent a terrorist attack that could hit Britain at its very heart – the Houses of Parliament.

Meanwhile, Lucas is shocked when he is visited by an unwelcome ghost from his past.

Harry Pearce is played by Peter Firth, Lucas North by Richard Armitage, Abib by Peter Bankole, Dimitri Levendes by Max Brown and Beth Bailey by Sophia Myles.
    Thanks CrazyLea

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-09-2010)

Spooks starts on Monday 20 September
    Thanks CrazyLea

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-09-2010)

That's next Monday Yipee.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

House and Spooks returning on the same night and Private Practice two days later I love the Autumn tv season
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information