Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah Patterson (Ada Nicodemou)

Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is loving juggling life as a new mum with her role on the soap.

Nicodemou, who gave birth to a baby boy called Johnas in August 2012, returns to Australlian screens this week as her character Leah Patterson-Baker comes out of hiding.

Nicodemou said to The West: "Every working parent understands what it is like. You're always running with a lot of different hats on. So life is crazy at the moment.

"Of course it was tough leaving Johnas for the first time. But to be honest, I am loving being back at work with so many old friends, who have all been so welcoming."

Nicodemou credited her chef husband, Chrys 'Zippo' Xipolitas, with helping her with the transition back to work so soon after Johnas arrived.

She said: "I am so lucky that Chrys is a chef. He can stay home all day while I am on set.

"Home and Away isn't like a normal nine-to-five job. Sometimes it is more like seven in the morning until six at night.

"But, on the other hand, I might go in three or four days a week and then get a couple of days off.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has praised her return storyline, which sees Leah Patterson-Baker plan big changes in her life.

Australian viewers have seen Leah return to Summer Bay this week after a few months away. In real life, Nicodemou took maternity leave and welcomed the arrival of her baby boy Johnas in August last year.

With Leah still suffering from anxiety following her ordeal with stalker Jamie Sharpe, she makes a number of resolutions in order to put herself back in control of her life.

Nicodemou told Home and Away's official website: "When Leah returns, she has real troubles finding her place back in the Bay and initially really doesn't know what to do to overcome her anxiety.

"She is not sure whether to redecorate her house or what to do at the Diner, but the real problem is she doesn't have a place to be. That is when she decides to make a complete 360-degree change and just go for it. Now is the time she must do something for herself.

"Her child VJ is now a teenager and developing his own life and is busy at school, but Leah is not feeling fulfilled. She is on her own and searching for something, so she has a shift. For her, she is discovering her passions again and deciding what it is she wants out of life."

She added: "I like playing this storyline as I have had a massive life change as well, so I think both of us are finding ourselves again after big changes."

Home and Away's UK fans will see Leah's return on July 17.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2013), tammyy2j (05-07-2013)

I think once Natalie leaves Leah might get with Zac

It's currently a period of positive changes for Home and Away's Leah Patterson-Baker as she rebuilds her life in Summer Bay following her stalking ordeal with Jamie Sharpe.

In real life, the past 12 months have also opened an exciting new chapter for actress Ada Nicodemou - who plays Leah - as she is now the proud mum of baby boy Johnas.

With Ada currently on a trip to the UK, Digital Spy caught up with her this week for a chat about storylines and all things Leah.

Are you enjoying your trip to the UK with co-star Kate Ritchie?
    "It's been great being back in the UK. Last time I was here, I was actually on my honeymoon about seven years ago. That wasn't in London, though, so the last time I was in London was probably about ten years ago. It's lovely to be back and be a bit of a tourist this time around!

"Meeting everyone has been great too. Everyone still seems to love Home and Away and are excited to have us over here. That's really nice."

What do you think of the decision to film some Home and Away episodes in London next month?
    "I think it's a great idea, because the UK has always been a massive supporter of the show. It's always nice for fans to see Home and Away filming on their home turf. It also means that fans can be extras in the show, which is lovely. We've been doing a lot of this in Australia, too - travelling around the different states. It's really good for ratings and it's a nice chance to give something back to the fans.

"I can't give away what happens, but I've heard that the storyline for the London episodes is a really, really good one, so I think everyone will enjoy it."

Leah arrives back in the Bay.
    © Channel 5
    Leah with Roo in Home and Away

Leah is one of the characters our readers are always asking to see more of. Are there some big stories ahead for her?
    "There isn't any massive stuff at the moment, but I think the producers have been quite nice because I've just had a baby so they've been easing me back into work, which is really lovely. It gives me a good chance to juggle everything!

"One thing that is going on with Leah at the moment is that she has come back to the Bay after the Jamie storyline, and she realises that she's dedicated so much of her life to her son and her friends. That's all been great, but she needs to do something for herself as well. She needs more fulfilment, and as much as she loves the Diner and will always be the owner of it, she wants to be doing something else.

"Leah has always had a passion for helping people, so she decides to study youth work and starts working at the school. That's been a really interesting shift for the character, because I feel that both Leah and me are at parallels at the moment. We're both finding our way - me as a new mum, and Leah with a new career."

Leah's also had some new arrivals to deal with, now that Zac and his family are in the show!
    "It's funny, as when I first started back after having six months off, I didn't know anyone in my house! (Laughs.) I had to get to know all of these new characters.

"Leah was initially quite standoffish with the character of Zac, as she didn't quite know how to take him. Now they've become really good mates and I'm getting a lot of comments on Twitter from people who are wondering whether Zac and Leah are going to get together. I didn't even think of that when we were filming those scenes, but so many people want to see it! It's not happening anytime soon that I know of, but the reaction is really unexpected."

Would you like Leah to have a new romance?
    "I think so! I know a lot of the fans want that. It's the one question I always get asked, because people feel sorry for Leah and they want to see her happy. I certainly do too, as it's nice seeing people in love. Leah's had some hard times, so it'd be nice to see her have a bit of loving!"

Irene, Roo and Leah find Eddie's profile on a dating website.
    © Channel 5
    Irene, Leah and Roo

You've been on the show since 2000. What is it that has kept you with Home and Away for so long?
    "I feel that I'm challenged all the time and I work with lovely people. I'm just never bored. There's never a day where I rock up to work and think, 'Oh, I really don't want to be here today'. Also, the producers allow us to do other things outside of Home and Away, which keeps us interested. I've been doing a lot of presenting recently, and that's been really fun.

"Home and Away really is a family. A lot of the crew are the same people who were there when I first started on the show. They're a really good bunch of people."

Would you like VJ to have more to do on screen?
    "Well, the funny thing is that I went away and Felix who plays VJ was still a little boy. I came back six months later and he'd shot up! He's taller than me, although that isn't hard! (Laughs.) Felix has turned into a young man and I was thinking, 'When did this happen?!' There's a lot coming up with VJ and Jett where they're causing mayhem in the Bay. It's nice to see Felix having his own storylines rather than just with Leah all of the time."

Has being a mum in real life affected the way you portray Leah as a mother on the show?
    "I think Leah has always been maternal anyway. That probably comes from me, because I've always been a maternal person. I'm always one to mother the young kids on set, give them advice and look out for them. But I think motherhood has changed me more in real life because I'm usually such a perfectionist and super-organised, and now I've had to let go of some of that. Now sometimes 'near enough' is good enough!"

Leah isn't impressed when she learns VJ wants to join the River Boys.
    © Channel 5
    Leah and VJ

A lot of Home and Away stars have gone on to make it big in the US. Are you still in touch with any of them - in particular Ryan Kwanten who played Leah's husband Vinnie?
    "Ryan and I kept in contact for a while, but I actually haven't seen him for about three or four years. We went out for dinner but we're both terrible at keeping in contact, but next time he's in town, we'll definitely catch up! I'm so proud of him and Chris Hemsworth. Chris is another one who I keep in contact with every now and again.

"During this trip to the UK, I was actually walking through Leicester Square and Chris's face was there promoting Rush. I wanted to stop and take a photo! It's so nice when good things happen to good people. Chris is such a good guy and he hasn't changed at all - he's still so down-to-earth."

With Steve Peacocke (Brax) doing a film in the US, are you expecting him to be the next big star?
    "I think he will be, and I've thought that from day one. It's funny, as Steve Peacocke reminds me a lot of Ryan Kwanten when it comes to his level of acting ability. When I worked with Ryan, I didn't have to act - I just reacted because he's such an amazing actor. Steve was also like that when I worked closely with him a while ago. I loved working with him and I'd like us to do more scenes together."

Leah often stays away from the guns and gangster element of the show. Do you prefer it that way?
    "It's not necessarily that I prefer it that way as I do like high drama, but I think Leah is not that type of character. She's not going to get involved with crime, so the writers stay true to the character in that respect. I always describe Leah as quite a moral character on the show. As a viewer, you know how you feel on a topic when you listen to Leah's opinion! She's always quite reasonable and fair.

"I just can't imagine Leah getting together with a Braxton! She's a mother before anything else, so she wouldn't do that to VJ as she doesn't want him to have a bad role model in his life."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-09-2013), tammyy2j (18-09-2013)

Home and Away bosses are lining up a new romance storyline for Leah Patterson-Baker, Digital Spy can reveal.

Ada Nicodemou, who plays the popular character, has recently been filming scenes which see Leah begin to find happiness with a new man.

Speaking about Leah's future, Nicodemou told Digital Spy: "There will be some romance eventually! We film quite far in advance, but there are definitely some love scenes and stories coming up. It's really nice to see Leah finally happy."

Asked whether Leah has found the right guy this time, the actress laughed: "Oh, I hope so! She is so unlucky in love and we all joke on set that Leah is the black widow! When any actor comes in and is cast opposite me, we feel sorry for them because we know something bad is going to happen to them!

"I hope this time around this doesn't happen, but I can't guarantee that! I'm not sure what happens yet as we've only just started filming it."

There are also more interesting times ahead for Leah's family life as Digital Spy can also confirm that the role of her son VJ has been recast.

Felix Dean finished filming at the show earlier this year and a new actor has now been recruited to take over the part.

© Channel 5
    Leah and VJ

Nicodemou explained: "Felix has been on the show for years and I've seen him grow up. I'm quite close to him and he comes over for dinner with his real-life mum. It was sad to see him go, but I will still see him anyway.

"We've got a new bloke, Matt, who's started in the role. He is really lovely and eager. I think he's going to be really, really popular as well.

"VJ does leave the screens for a while and then he comes back definitely grown up! He's quite a big boy now, as physically they wanted him to grow up a bit and look a little bit older."

Home and Away bosses are lining up a new romance storyline for Leah Patterson-Baker, Digital Spy can reveal.

Ada Nicodemou, who plays the popular character, has recently been filming scenes which see Leah begin to find happiness with a new man.

Speaking about Leah's future, Nicodemou told Digital Spy: "There will be some romance eventually! We film quite far in advance, but there are definitely some love scenes and stories coming up. It's really nice to see Leah finally happy."

Asked whether Leah has found the right guy this time, the actress laughed: "Oh, I hope so! She is so unlucky in love and we all joke on set that Leah is the black widow! When any actor comes in and is cast opposite me, we feel sorry for them because we know something bad is going to happen to them!

"I hope this time around this doesn't happen, but I can't guarantee that! I'm not sure what happens yet as we've only just started filming it."

There are also more interesting times ahead for Leah's family life as Digital Spy can also confirm that the role of her son VJ has been recast.

Felix Dean finished filming at the show earlier this year and a new actor has now been recruited to take over the part.

© Channel 5
    Leah and VJ

Nicodemou explained: "Felix has been on the show for years and I've seen him grow up. I'm quite close to him and he comes over for dinner with his real-life mum. It was sad to see him go, but I will still see him anyway.

"We've got a new bloke, Matt, who's started in the role. He is really lovely and eager. I think he's going to be really, really popular as well.

"VJ does leave the screens for a while and then he comes back definitely grown up! He's quite a big boy now, as physically they wanted him to grow up a bit and look a little bit older."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (29-05-2014), tammyy2j (29-05-2014)

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has hinted that she has another dramatic exit storyline on the way.

The actress, who plays Leah Patterson-Baker, will be taking maternity leave again later this year as she is currently pregnant with her second child.

When Nicodemou took time out for the arrival of her first baby Johnas, viewers saw Leah flee Summer Bay as she was being stalked by Jamie Sharpe.

Speaking to Digital Spy about Leah's next on-screen break, Nicodemou explained: "I've only just found out how they're writing me out, but obviously I can't give anything away.

"I originally wanted them to write in the pregnancy, but they have decided not to do that - so we are hiding the bump this time round as well. But at least there's a storyline around her leaving - and it's definitely quite a big storyline again!"

Discussing her joy at falling pregnant again, Nicodemou continued: "I'm really excited for Johnas to have a little brother or sister and for us to be a complete family. It's a really nice time and I feel really blessed to be pregnant again.

"I think you're blessed every day to have a child in your life. My son is just amazing, he's gorgeous and I love spending time with him. You can't imagine loving someone else just as much, but like my husband says, you just grow another heart. I'm really looking forward to it."

Home and Away's Leah Patterson-Baker will come to blows with friend Nate Cooper about his former wife Sophie in an upcoming storyline.

The fallout comes after Leah (Ada Nicodemou) becomes increasingly suspicious of Sophie's motives for reconciling with Nate (Kyle Pryor) and lets her feelings known to her housemate.

It was previously reported that Sophie had struggled with a drug addiction that led to the breakdown of her relationship with Nate. However, Leah remains unconvinced that Sophie has turned over a new leaf.

As Sophie decides to move in with her husband to recover from her recent ill health, Leah becomes further irritated and ends up having a massive showdown with Nate, leaving their friendship in jeopardy.

Pryor said to TV Week: "Leah isn't convinced. Her and Kyle have lived together for a while, so she feels she can delve into his personal life.

"He gets very tired of it. Her and Sophie have had their issues but he wants to move forward. He wants it to be a fresh start but Leah is dredging up the past."

leah fancies nate

She is not the only one

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-07-2014), lizann (24-07-2014), tammyy2j (27-07-2014)

Thread Information