Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah Patterson (Ada Nicodemou)

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has expressed delight over her character's new romance storyline.

Fans will soon see Nicodemou's alter ego Leah Patterson-Baker falling in love with new arrival Elijah Johnson, played by Water Rats actor Jay Laga'aia.

Nicodemou told Sunrise: "There's a whole lot of love in the Bay and I get a love interest. It's nice and it's really fun and happy and comedy - a lot of warm and fuzzy moments.

"And it's Jay Laga'aia and I'm loving working with him as well. It's all happy times ahead. We're moving away from the darker storylines into lighter stuff."

Home and Away's leading producer Cameron Welsh recently revealed that romance plots would be one main focus on the soap this year.

His comments came after the show's long-standing actor Ray Meagher argued that Summer Bay had seen "too many guns and balaclavas and bank robberies and that sort of thing".

^ this is him

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-02-2010)

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has admitted that she would like Leah Patterson-Baker to show an "evil" side in the future.

The actress, who has played the devoted mum since 2000, told RTÉ Guide that she would like a break from playing Leah as a good guy in Summer Bay.

"I'd like her to have a nervous breakdown and come back as evil Leah for a few episodes," Nicodemou explained.

"I do like playing bad characters and I feel like I haven't played one for a long time, so I think it would be a lot of fun."

Nicodemou also confirmed that she wants a happy outcome for Leah's romantic storyline with Miles Copeland, played by Josh Quong Tart.

"I hope she finds happiness with Miles. I think they are very well suited," she said. "They have been great friends for a long time and I think it's a great start to a relationship."

In January, show bosses tipped 2011 to be the year where Leah would find "ultimate happiness".

Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has divulged that her character Leah tries online dating.

Nicodemou teased to TV Week that the date, encouraged by Roo (Georgie Parker), is "really embarrassing" after she gets drunk in Angelo's.

"She goes out on a date, and - of course - she's at Angelo's - and she starts drinking because she's so bored," she explained.

"Her date has his own issues, and before she knows it, she's drunk - it happens sometimes when you're a bit emotional and you haven't eaten properly.

"It's quite an embarrassing storyline - the whole episode is really embarrassing and you feel for Leah. It's quite funny, as Leah is such a good person who very rarely lets her hair down and is not usually out of control like this."

Recalling how the situation arises, the actress added: "It's not like Leah really wants it to happen either, because Charlie (Esther Anderson) was her best friend, so she doesn't want to be feeling like this. Brax isn't interested. so everything about this is wrong.

"Roo knows about Leah's feelings towards Brax and encourages her to try online dating. It's all just a bit of fun."

In recent weeks, Leah has begun to fall for Brax, whose lover Charlie recently lost her life in tragic circumstances.

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has revealed details of how Leah Patterson-Baker's new romance plot begins.

Leah is to catch the eye of Summer Bay newcomer Jamie in an upcoming episode of the soap, kicking off a new storyline for the pair.

When Leah heads out to a fundraising event with Natalie and Marilyn, her friends try to interfere in her love life by approaching Jamie and urging him to ask her out.

Not long afterwards, Jamie approaches Leah and the pair end up sharing a kiss after hitting it off.

Nicodemou told TV Week: "I think we can all agree Leah has not had great luck in the romance department. But she hasn't been sitting waiting for another man to come into her life. Any potential partner would need to fit into a family unit, because her relationship with VJ comes first.

"Her last crush on Brax was a bit humiliating for Leah, but she has a full life with the Diner and her son and friends, so she hasn't been actively seeking a partner."

On the interference of Natalie and Marilyn, the actress continued: "It's very embarrassing for Leah, but all you can do is play along in that moment. The night ends up bringing something quite unexpected for Leah. I can say this won't be the last time we see Leah with Jamie."

Jamie is played by actor Hugo Johnstone-Burt, who has previously appeared in Cloudstreet and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.

However, as Johnstone-Burt described his Summer Bay character as a "super-creepy stalker guy" earlier this year, fans may wonder if Leah's new romance could take an unwelcome turn.

Home and Away airs Leah and Jamie's kiss next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in December on Channel 5 in the UK.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-10-2012), lizann (08-10-2012)

Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou has revealed that her character Leah Patterson-Baker feels "uncomfortable" when her new love interest starts to come on too strong.

Leah has a fresh romance storyline on the way as she grows close to Summer Bay newcomer Jamie in upcoming episodes of the soap.

Jamie, played by Hugo Johnstone-Burt, meets Leah at a fundraising event - and things go well when the pair head out for an official date the following week.

However, Jamie is so smitten that he later bombards Leah with gifts, leaving her questioning whether she should see him again.

Nicodemou told TV Week: "Jamie sends Leah flowers to the Diner, then slowly starts showering her with expensive gifts throughout the day.

"She's convinced that him sending her the flowers means it may be over. However, when he starts sending more gifts, it makes her feel uncomfortable."

Leah eventually decides to keep an open mind when it comes to Jamie, even when he insists that they go for a second date that night.

Nicodemou added: "He's very interested in Leah at this stage and already wanting to organise another date. I think it's been a while since Leah has been in the dating game, so she's slowly getting into the swing of things."

Johnstone-Burt has previously described Jamie as a "super-creepy stalker guy", hinting that the situation could become sinister for Leah in the coming weeks.

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in January on Channel 5 in the UK.

Over on Home and Away, Leah Patterson-Baker is left terrified as Jamie Sharpe remains obsessed with her.

Jamie's interest in Leah (Ada Nicodemou) escalates in upcoming episodes as he breaks into her house in the middle of the night to watch her sleep. Leah has no idea of what Jamie has been up to until the next day, when he texts her a photo of her sleeping.

When the police seem reluctant to help Leah, her young son VJ decides to take matters into his own hands, angrily confronting Jamie (Hugo Johnstone-Burt) at the beach.

Jamie angrily grabs VJ when the schoolboy insists that his mum isn't interested, but fortunately Leah and Liam arrive on the scene before things turn too nasty.

Feeling totally helpless, Leah decides to flee Summer Bay with VJ for the foreseeable future, hoping that Jamie will be gone by the time they return…

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Tuesday, January 29 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-01-2013)

Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has confirmed that she is back at work after taking maternity leave.

Australian viewers saw the actress's character Leah Patterson-Baker leave the bay in November in a desperate bid to escape her stalker Jamie (Hugo Johnstone-Burt), who left her terrified by breaking into her home and scaring her son VJ.

In real life, Nicodemou took time away from Home and Away after giving birth to her baby boy Johnas in August 2012.

However, Nicodemou has revealed that whilst she is pleased to be back on the soap, it is hard juggling motherhood with the long working hours.

"It's hard, I'm not going to lie. I've just gone back to work, so juggling everything and being a new mum to Johnas is really challenging. I'm doing lots of long hours, which can be hard but I'm pleased that I've gone back", she told Woolworths Baby and Toddle Club.

"I always wanted to be a mum but it's meant my life has changed dramatically. I don't have as much time to do things I enjoy."

Nicodemou revealed her pregnancy news in February following a course of IVF treatment.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-03-2013), tammyy2j (15-03-2013)

Home and Away favourite Leah Patterson-Baker will struggle with anxiety when she returns to Summer Bay.

Leah fled from the Bay in terror when she was being stalked by creepy Jamie Sharpe a few months ago. However, she finally comes out of hiding in an episode due to air next week in Australia.

Although Leah no longer needs to worry about Jamie, it quickly becomes clear that she is still haunted by memories of her ordeal.

Leah even becomes distrustful of new housemate Zac McGuire (Charlie Clausen), fearing that his shady past could spell trouble.

Ada Nicodemou, who plays Leah, told TV Week: "Leah is happy to see everyone. But she is starting to feel quite anxious about being back in the Bay, what with all of the problems that Jamie caused.

"She's not herself. She's feeling anxious, scared and quite shaken about the last six months, including her quick exit."

Leah feels even worse when she discovers that Jamie's father Adam (Martin Lynes) has been causing havoc in the area.

Nicodemou added: "That sends her into a massive panic. The fact Adam is still around, and that he's Jamie's father [makes her] feel unsafe all of a sudden and her anxiety kicks in."

Leah left screens as Nicodemou was on maternity leave. The actress gave birth to baby boy Johnas in August last year.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-06-2013)

Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is loving juggling life as a new mum with her role on the soap.

Nicodemou, who gave birth to a baby boy called Johnas in August 2012, returns to Australlian screens this week as her character Leah Patterson-Baker comes out of hiding.

Nicodemou said to The West: "Every working parent understands what it is like. You're always running with a lot of different hats on. So life is crazy at the moment.

"Of course it was tough leaving Johnas for the first time. But to be honest, I am loving being back at work with so many old friends, who have all been so welcoming."

Nicodemou credited her chef husband, Chrys 'Zippo' Xipolitas, with helping her with the transition back to work so soon after Johnas arrived.

She said: "I am so lucky that Chrys is a chef. He can stay home all day while I am on set.

"Home and Away isn't like a normal nine-to-five job. Sometimes it is more like seven in the morning until six at night.

"But, on the other hand, I might go in three or four days a week and then get a couple of days off.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information