Home and Away's Ada Nicodemou has revealed that she is loving juggling life as a new mum with her role on the soap.

Nicodemou, who gave birth to a baby boy called Johnas in August 2012, returns to Australlian screens this week as her character Leah Patterson-Baker comes out of hiding.

Nicodemou said to The West: "Every working parent understands what it is like. You're always running with a lot of different hats on. So life is crazy at the moment.

"Of course it was tough leaving Johnas for the first time. But to be honest, I am loving being back at work with so many old friends, who have all been so welcoming."

Nicodemou credited her chef husband, Chrys 'Zippo' Xipolitas, with helping her with the transition back to work so soon after Johnas arrived.

She said: "I am so lucky that Chrys is a chef. He can stay home all day while I am on set.

"Home and Away isn't like a normal nine-to-five job. Sometimes it is more like seven in the morning until six at night.

"But, on the other hand, I might go in three or four days a week and then get a couple of days off.