Thread: Out of date medication

Out of date medication

I have got a bag with tablets and creams that are out of date or that I had allergic reactions to and could not finish taking. Now I don't know how to dispose of them in an environmentally friendly fashion. Will chemists or doctors surgeries take them off my hands or can you suggest another way please? Thanks guys.

If you take them to your local chemist they will dispose of them for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Perdita (25-09-2009)

Yes, chemists with take any drugs you don't need any more. If you have syringes you need to get a sharps bin from the doctors or chemist before they will take them, even if they are capped and unused.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Perdita (25-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Yes, chemists with take any drugs you don't need any more. If you have syringes you need to get a sharps bin from the doctors or chemist before they will take them, even if they are capped and unused.
    No syringes or needles, thankfully don't need that kind of medication, just pills and creams. Will take them to the chemist on Monday, thanks to all for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I have got a bag with tablets and creams that are out of date or that I had allergic reactions to and could not finish taking. Now I don't know how to dispose of them in an environmentally friendly fashion. Will chemists or doctors surgeries take them off my hands or can you suggest another way please? Thanks guys.
    flush them down the loo
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    flush them down the loo
    You should never flush medication down the toilet. A quick Google would tell you it's not a safe or recommended practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    flush them down the loo
    I would never do that

Thread Information