Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McAlpine wants Cilla back in Corrie

McAlpine wants Cilla back in Corrie

Coronation Street actress Jennie McAlpine has called for the return of her screen mother Wendi Peters.

The pair last worked together on the ITV1 drama's 2008 DVD special Out Of Africa, which saw Peters's scheming character Cilla Battersby-Brown being reunited with daughter Fiz and son Chesney (Sam Aston) in Sun City.

McAlpine has now suggested that it would be "lovely" to see Cilla causing trouble with another stint in Weatherfield.

"It would be great. I think she'd definitely stir things up. Fiz definitely would not want her to come back, that's for sure," McAlpine is quoted by PA as saying.

"I think Chesney would because he loves her whatever she's done. He always seems to forgive her. So it would be great for Corrie and for us. But not for Fiz, I don't think."

Peters quit her Coronation Street role in January 2007 to spend more time with her family. However, she has always refused to rule out returning to the part in the future.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...in-corrie.html

I would love for her to return, always liked her character

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (25-09-2009)

Hmm not sure i'd want her back, she was very OTT and selfish!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

She was very funny though, you must agree, surely?

she had her funny moments yeah, the wedding to Les was good haha
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

No thank you

LOL!!
    Cilla and Lez's wedding was the BEST! Coronation Street wedding.

Yes, I agree, Perdy. I'd love her back. I thought she was a great character.

Thanks, I am glad I am not alone on this one

I feel for Ches having a mother like Cilla who dont want him and a sister like Fiz again who dont think much of him either

Cilla was way OTT and i cant see her working without Les
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 25-09-2009 at 10:02.

Coronation Street's Cilla Battersby-Brown ran off and left her children in the lurch in 2007, but now it has been revealed she may return to the cobbles.

The crazy Corrie character, played by Wendi Peters, was certainly not a model mum to Fiz and Chesney, but they might need her after having their lives turned upside down by murderer John Stape.

Jennie McAlpine, who plays Fiz, revealed to Inside Soap magazine: "Sam [Aston, aka Chesney] reckons that Fiz and Chesney's mum Cilla might be back to help her out."

It has been revealed that Chesney and Fiz are to be part of a dramatic storyline leading to the exit of Graeme Hawley, who plays Fiz's husband John Stape.

John, who has already killed two people and has hidden the body of his friend Colin Fishwick so he could steal his identity, is set to suffer a breakdown and kidnap Chesney and baby Hope, before throwing himself off a building as he flees the police.

Hope would certainly need some looking after given the current state of the Stapes' affairs.

But while Graeme is leaving the soap in June, Jennie hinted he may not be killed off.

She joked: "John's a bit like the Terminator. He could well be back."

Thread Information