Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cougar Town

Rex FeaturesCougar Town creator Bill Lawrence has denied claims that Jennifer Aniston has signed up to guest on the show.

Earlier reports had suggested that Aniston was "nearing a deal" to appear opposite her former Friends co-star Courteney Cox.

However, Lawrence told E! Online that there are currently no plans for Aniston to join the show.

"Nothing's happened yet," he said. "I'd kill to get Jennifer on the show, and if I had any inclination it was happening, I would be telling everyone 'cause I don't really give a s**t. I would love it to happen and the second it did I would tell everybody in the world, but nothing's happened."

He continued: "By the nature of Jennifer and Courteney's friendship, they're gonna have to answer questions about that forever and ever... But the reality is Jennifer Aniston I think does anywhere from 70 to 80 movies a year. She works a lot, so it's tough to make that stuff work. But I'd love it to happen."

The new season of Cougar Town will premiere on September 22 on ABC.

Cougar Town's executive producer Bill Lawrence has revealed that he has dropped plans for a name change.

Lawrence first announced in May that he was thinking about rebranding the show and later reports claimed that a number of different titles were being considered.

However, Lawrence has now told Entertainment Weekly that he has reluctantly decided to keep the show's current name.

"I'm not changing the title," he said. "We never thought of a good new one, which kind of sucks. And when you look at the modern landscape of television, changing the title means changing your DVR and all this other stuff."

Lawrence admitted that he is still unhappy with the title but suggested that the press surrounding the possible name change will "get the message out" that the show has evolved since the pilot.

"It'll be a funny burden to have," he added. "It might be the worst-titled show of all time."

Cougar Town will return for a new season on September 22 on ABC.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Cougar Town's executive producer Bill Lawrence has revealed that he has dropped plans for a name change.

Lawrence first announced in May that he was thinking about rebranding the show and later reports claimed that a number of different titles were being considered.

However, Lawrence has now told Entertainment Weekly that he has reluctantly decided to keep the show's current name.

"I'm not changing the title," he said. "We never thought of a good new one, which kind of sucks. And when you look at the modern landscape of television, changing the title means changing your DVR and all this other stuff."

Lawrence admitted that he is still unhappy with the title but suggested that the press surrounding the possible name change will "get the message out" that the show has evolved since the pilot.

"It'll be a funny burden to have," he added. "It might be the worst-titled show of all time."

Cougar Town will return for a new season on September 22 on ABC.
    Thats good I like the title

Cougar Town exec producer Bill Lawrence has promised that the show's second season will feature a guest appearance by one of the stars of his previous comedy Scrubs.

Lawrence told E! Online that he will remain tightlipped on exactly which Scrubs actor will appear.

"I promise you either Sarah Chalke, Zach Braff, John C. McGinley, Donald Faison or Judy Reyes will be on the show this year," he said.

Lawrence added that he would be not opposed to reuniting McGinley with his former on-screen wife and current Cougar Town star Christa Miller, should the right situation arise.

"I think enough time has past that they're not husband and wife anymore," he said.

The second season of Cougar Town premieres September 22 on ABC.

it must have been hard on Bill Lawrence working on scrubs to see his wife (Christa Miller) doing love scenes with McGinley
    Super Mod

Christa Miller is reportedly hoping for a new relationship on Cougar Town.

Miller’s character Ellie is married to Andy (Ian Gomez) but the actress is said to want more romantic scenes.

Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence, who is married to Miller, told E: “All my wife does is pitch different fantasy ideas of actors that she can make out with besides Ian Gomez.

“It’s not against Ian Gomez. But in her head she feels a) she’s kissed Ian Gomez and b) she doesn’t get sexy makeout scenes with any other actors.”

He continued: “Literally, there was a meeting at my office with Jeremy Sisto and this is how it went – ‘He’s cute. Maybe we can have a flashback scene that Ellie had sex with him’. I’m like, ‘Maybe not’. There’s no safe way to let your wife have fun.”

Ryan Devlin will rejoin the cast for multiple episodes.

The actor will reprise his role as Smith, a love interest for Laurie (Busy Philipps), in the upcoming second season.

Devlin was previously cast as the lead on new William Shatner sitcom $#*! My Dad Says but was later dropped from the series.

Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence explained: “We went into this year prepping for Ryan to be on [his new show], so now we’re in the middle of trying to decide what we’re going to do. I enjoy him, so I think I want him to still be in our world. But I don’t know if [Laurie's] going to be [tied down] the whole year.”

Busy Philipps previously admitted to DS that she was unsure how long the relationship between Smith and Laurie will last.

Cougar Town returns for a second season on September 22 on ABC.

ABCDan Byrd will reprise his role as Travis in future episodes of Cougar Town.

Travis, the son of Jules (Courteney Cox), left to go to college during the first season of the show.

However, creator Bill Lawrence revealed that he made sure Byrd can return.

"Travis is at TV College, come on!" he said. "TV College is 20 minutes away! We had him going to a local school just so he can walk into any scene without us having to explain it."

Lawrence also hinted that Travis may end up moving home in a later episode.

Cougar Town returns on September 22 on ABC.

Jennifer Aniston has officially signed to guest star on ABC comedy Cougar Town.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, series creator Bill Lawrence confirmed that Aniston will appear on the show's upcoming second season premiere with star and ex-Friends castmate Courteney Cox.

"She's going to play Courteney's shrink named Bonnie," he said.

Lawrence added: "[She's] kind of a get-too-involved-in-her-life type of therapist. Those guys are so close in real life they kind of do that for each other anyway. Bonnie has the life Jules wishes she has."

The former co-stars were last seen on screen together in Cox's FX series Dirt.

Lawrence added that the two are enjoying working with each other on the show.

"It starts and ends with Courteney and Jennifer being really great friends and excited to work together again - especially doing comedy together," he said.

"Every day that those two talk they have more ideas about [the role]. It's definitely something they're both involved in creatively."

Cougar Town premieres September 22 on ABC.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-08-2010)

Ken Jenkins the actor formerly known as Dr. Kelso has been tapped to play the father of Courteney Cox’s Jules. There are no story details yet and no air date, but obviously, it’ll be among the fall episodes. And it’s probably a safe bet that Pops will pass through Town to weigh in on his little girl’s big romance with her neighbor, Grayson (Josh Hopkins).

has season 2 started in the uk on living yet?
    Maisie Mouse

Thread Information