Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: SoapBoards Member Spotlight

I have been away this week in Manchester for work so I am sorry for not being able to post my questions to you sooner Abbie. Am I too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I have been away this week in Manchester for work so I am sorry for not being able to post my questions to you sooner Abbie. Am I too late?
    No. If u can get them to me today I'll get them answered over the weekend

Just let me know who they have been sent to

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Just let me know who they have been sent to
    Not got yet

Come on what happended to the interrogation. This is more excting than the bill when Burnside was in charge.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I just submitted my questions to Abbie.

I apologise once again for it being so late

75 questions for you Norman

I wonder if I have got time to add a few more questions for you........

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I just submitted my questions to Abbie.

I apologise once again for it being so late

75 questions for you Norman

I wonder if I have got time to add a few more questions for you........
    75? Holy ****!

Make that 101

Norman Bates Interview

1. What made you join SoapBoards and how has your time on here changed over the years?

Not really a question of why I joined SB but really why it started off in the first place.
    I don't have time to watch soaps, but like to know what storlines are coming just so I can annoy everyone in my family. The BBC boards is where I'd read the spoilers and when they closed down spoilerboards was born (later rebranded as Soapboards). Over the years I'm pleased to say I've seen a lot of people mature on SBs which wasn't the case initially (you all know who you are!).

2. What are your Hobbies and how did you get into them?

I really have two hobbies: computers and motorbikes. Computers I have been into since the early days of the vic/speccy/bbc - I think I was about 8 when I got interested in them. I can remember spending hours at the local Asda messing about on the computers on display. My parents finally conceeded and bought me one for �300 which back in the day was a lot of money. Best investment they ever made in me. Originally the plan was to play games but I quickly became bored with that and became interested in how I could write applications for them. I think I was 11 when I wrote a fully working spreadsheet in BASIC.
    My other passion is motorbiking. I got into this by accident really. A friend was already into it, but I was of the attitude its too dangerous. Then I went on a holiday and rode about on a 125cc. After that I had the bug. Came back to the Uk, got my CBT done and a few months later passed my bike test. This year I'm planning on doing more touring and race track days.

3. Do you have any special talent or ability?

Not really

4. Do you have a favourite quote from literature, TV, a famous person, etc.? Explain why it is your favourite.

"By any means neccessary" - Malcolm X. Actually, it's part of a bigger quote: "We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary". Read about it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_any_means_necessary

5. What do you consider your best physical feature and your best aspect of your personality?

All of them Best aspect of my personality is my all round friendliness

6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Be less trusting

7. Do you have a life philosophy? Is so, what is it?

"**** it"

8. What are the happiest and Saddest moments of your life?

Happiest - birth of my children and watching them grow up. Saddest is the day my mum died.

9. What’s the craziest thing you've ever done?

Running across a dual carriageway and getting whacked by a car. Lucky to be alive. This back in the old days of schools where we got caned. The rule at our school was if you are late for registration three times you got caned. Having been late twice already, I was in a rish to get to school. So I ran out in front of a bus and got whacked by a car. Broke my tubula/fibula/rib/cheek. Right eye popped out of socket. Looked right out of a horror movie

10. Do you have any regrets, if yes, what and why?

I have tons of regrets but the paradox is I don't regret them because its made me the person I am today.

11. who’s your Idol and why?
    Don't have idols. I have people who I admire. From sports it is Muhammad Ali who transcended sport. I know people talk about Michael Jackson but true fame is what Ali achieved. Summed up by one quote "Even the people that hate Ali love Ali". The other is probably more controversial: Malcolm X. IMHO, totally misunderstood and he was one of the drives for change in America. The Govt. of the time had two options: either listen to Martin Luther King, or be confronted by the nationalist views of Malcolm X". MLK was the safe option. I really recommend reading the autobiography of Malcolm X. It is a real eye opener. In fact, I could probably do a mastermind on Ali And Malcolm X.

12. If were an animal what would you be and why?

An eagle. The freedom to fly is enough for me.

13. If you were any object, what would you be and why?

Easy - the TARDIS

14. What quality do you like best in a person and what quality do you hate the most?

I like people who are decent. I really detest slimy grease balls

15. If heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

I can tell you want I DON'T want to hear: "wrong turn I'm afraid"

Members Questions

Submitted by Trinity
    1. How has being a father changed you?

The wife would probably say it hasn't! I don't really think about myself any more, everything is for the kids. Children take up a lot of time but I wouldn't have it any other way

2. Did you enjoy living in Scotland?

Loved it. Nice, peaceful, friendly people. I would say you have more time in Scotland as not everything is rushed. Best part was managing to get super fit as I had so much time on my hands.

3. Do you still watch soaps?

Not really. Don't have the time tbh. I do try and watch Lost, Dexter etc.

Submitted by Siobhan :

1) what is your favourite type
    of frog

Any that I can't see

2) who would win in a fight, Rimmer or Norman Bates

Rimmer would be too much of a coward to turn up. If he did turn up, he'd probably win because of the underhand dirty tricks he has up his sleeve

3) How far do you think a hamster would fly if you kicked it?

Probably further than the dog I kicked yesterday (only j/k). Dunno how far. Shall we try and see?

4) A beard of fleas or a beard of bees, choose?

I've seen pics of beards made of bees and they don't look that bad, so bees.

5) If tigers were purple do you think I can have a giraffe?

Yes.

6) Do you understand the above question? if yes,

Yes

7) can you explain it to me?

Nellie is a pink elephant.

Submitted by Abigail:
    Have you joined the mile high club?

There's hardly room for one person to tango, so no

What are your views on the Afghanistan war?

Bring our soldiers home firstly. I see too many parallels with 1984 e.g. "The war is really about peace" was quoted in 1984 and then Bush users the exact same phrase for justification. The war on terror is a perpetual war. If the politicians feel that strongly about it, let them send their children to the front line. Last time I checked there weren't any.

Apart from Prince, who is your favourite music artist?

Don't really have one. After Prince it's more of the 80s genre.

Nights out or nights in?

Too old, so nights in.

There’s a spider on your pillow when you go to bed. Do you scream and get your wife to move it or deal with it yourself?

Deal with it myself - normally with a vacuum cleaner

Submitted by Chloe O'brien :

1)What made you come up with the idea of soapboard and is it as successful as you hoped it would be?

It was originally just for spoilers and the idea came about when the BBC shutdown their boards. I wouldn't say its a success on the scale of DS, but that's partly because I don't have the time to invest in the site. I have tons of ideas, just no time to do implement them.

2) Has Mrs Bates ever shown and interest in joining SB and would you let her knowing she could be corrupt?

She is a member on here. She obviously isn't going to admit it in any of her posts!

3) Given that SB is almost 5 years old now and there is a number of members who clearly are not right in the head, have you every regretted granting anyone a membership?

Not really. Think about how dull SBs would have been without some of the characters. I won't name names, but we'd had the outrageous, the fickle, and the plain stupid.

4)How did you go about picking the mods when SB was first set up?

I just looked at how people posted I think. I think I made one big mistake though!

5) when we met up in Livingston with Luna and Trin. Did you not feel stupid sitting in waterstone wearing a motorbike helmet?

The Stig must always protect his identity.

Posted by Perdita

1. s/a/l
    M/37/Yorkshire

2. Who decided on the name SoapBoards and why is it called SB?

It was Spoilerboards originally. Decided to rebrand as the site wasn't just about spoilers and Soapboards was born

What is your favourite pudding?

I have a sweet tooth. I love Rass Malai and also Toffee Pudding with Icecream. Drooling just thinking about it
    Last edited by Meh; 01-11-2009 at 19:42.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

Perdita (02-11-2009)

Thread Information