Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I did my second degree and the first year of my...

I did my second degree and the first year of my part-time masters while working, and it was hard going. I think the saving grace for me was that I am doing it for interest - a hobby really - nothing...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Congrats Siobhan! Great news! It is wonderful...

Congrats Siobhan! Great news! It is wonderful to follow your dreams. I have retired early (55) and am just completing my masters - I am contemplating a PhD, but may just try writing - we will see!...
  3. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I am so sorry to hear this Siobhan, losing a...

I am so sorry to hear this Siobhan, losing a sibling is a terrible thing. Please take care of yourself. I lost my younger brother in June 2018, he was my only sibling and I spent a lot of time...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Hi Perdy (and Parkerman) Nice to hear from...

Hi Perdy (and Parkerman)

Nice to hear from you too...gosh I can't think how long it has been. I am hoping to do an MA starting next year, I am on target at the moment, so failing an unexpected...
  5. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I have a 3000 word essay on Renaissance art to...

I have a 3000 word essay on Renaissance art to complete for Thursday... and procrastinating as usual I logged in for the first time in eons!

Hello everyone, new faces and old.

Amazingly I am...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Wow, Spanish seems so fast, I cannot imagine...

Wow, Spanish seems so fast, I cannot imagine being able to follow it, so well done you.

Good luck with everything :)
  7. Replies
    Views

That is only men, lol, women are too busy to have...

That is only men, lol, women are too busy to have a mid-life crisis ;)

I would say that as you get older you do get a touch more selfish - I have anyway - I am now much more likely to ask for what...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Sounds wonderful! The dark days of winter are...

Sounds wonderful!

The dark days of winter are here, and it is frosty this morning; a milder winter climate sounds very appealing.

Essay will get done, they all do, my problem is that I am a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I am busy, busy busy. Uni is going really...

I am busy, busy busy.

Uni is going really well, still working full time too and wish I had Hermione's time-turner - sometimes think I do - I just don't control it well.

I do drop by...
  10. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Perdy, I have just seen the picture of your...

Perdy, I have just seen the picture of your gorgeous grand-daughter! Oooh, so cute -and what a lot of hair! Congratulations x
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Hey Kath! My God, I must have my head in the...

Hey Kath!
    My God, I must have my head in the sand or something, I hadn't heard about the merger going on in further education in Edinburgh. You should think about registering with jobs.ac.uk for...
  12. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Wow, Abigail - things have really moved on for...

Wow, Abigail - things have really moved on for you, which is terrific! Good luck with the job and the relationship - and keep happy x
  13. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I am only in Galveston for the week, and it is...

I am only in Galveston for the week, and it is really historic (by Texan standards!). Why, the Galvez Hotel is over 100 years old, y'all, and the Tremont is one of the 100 Historic Hotels of...
  14. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I am only in Galveston for the week, and it is...

I am only in Galveston for the week, and it is really historic (by Texan standards!). Why, the Galvez Hotel is over 100 years old, y'all, and the Tremont is one of the 100 Historic Hotels of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Well right now I am in a hotel room in Galveston,...

Well right now I am in a hotel room in Galveston, Texas, trying to stop procrastination and get on with righting an essay on Medusa :)

I am still working full-time, doing a part-time classics...
  16. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Congratulations on your engagement Shiv, that is...

Congratulations on your engagement Shiv, that is terrific news :D
  17. Replies
    Views

I am currently doing my second OU course ,...

I am currently doing my second OU course , Exploring the Classical World, and the convention used for dates is the CE/BCE one - it is the norm in academia now.

To be honest I cannot see how this...
  18. Replies
    Views

I fully intend to miss every episode, and those...

I fully intend to miss every episode, and those of the X Factor, too. I will be spending my winter evenings reading Homer (and no, I don't mean Simpson!).
  19. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Thank you for your post Tori, it is a painfully...

Thank you for your post Tori, it is a painfully honest insight that we do not usually get. I am glad that you have made it through what must have been hell and I wish you all the best x
  20. Replies
    Views

Sticky: My father was also a policeman, and I am sure...

My father was also a policeman, and I am sure that he would agree.

I tend to think that people who commit suicide mainly do so when their mind is unbalanced due to stress or illness. Unless you...
  21. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I feel really sad when I hear of pointless death....

I feel really sad when I hear of pointless death. It is so sad, why do some people fell that they can just take life as though it is nothing? I am not religious at all but I really believe that...
  22. Replies
    Views

Helen's business plan was such a let down - no...

Helen's business plan was such a let down - no USP at all. I personally know two people who offer a similar service locally, and I cannot see a concierge business working on a national level. TBH,...
  23. Replies
    Views

"During her 15-year reign from 1558, Queen...

"During her 15-year reign from 1558, Queen Elizabeth I of England encouraged explorers to travel and find new plants. Both Sir Francis Drake and Sir Walter Raleigh brought potatoes back from South...
  24. Replies
    Views

I liked the idea of MyPy, the name was catchy, it...

I liked the idea of MyPy, the name was catchy, it was a bit different and most importantly both the product and the money were spot on. I liked the way that Tom and Helen worked together, and also...
  25. Replies
    Views

I have had a quick internet search and cannot...

I have had a quick internet search and cannot find any official information, but there is no way that the orders for apprentice developed products could be fulfilled. They cannot manually make 800K...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4