PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Current Episode Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

StarsOfCCTV
13-09-2009, 02:19
Since there didn't appear to be a thread I made one :D

Jay: “Mrs Bassey that’s not nice. Give me that chicken. I’m serious give me that chicken.” :rotfl: Some great one liners tonight!

Ruth was funny with those F2's, Adam was all relaxed and there she was taking their jewelry off them. :lol:

Apart from the bit where my eyes went a bit funny with that running/jumping montage thing they were doing at the beginning I thought it was a really good episode. :D I can't wait for tomorrows!

Abigail
13-09-2009, 09:39
I thought there was too much fluff ans set up to get to the main accident. It was a good episode once it got going but the explosion at the end was predictable.

Why does Casualty always have to go for the big two part explosive (literally) opener at the start of every series? I'd be quite happy to just have a regular episode.

It was a funny episode. Really like Yuki and Lenny. Yuki reminds me of Toby.

no1abbafan
13-09-2009, 14:36
It took me a while to get into the episode, but by the end loving it. Love the newbies - think this could be a good series.

Abigail
13-09-2009, 21:57
I'm sat here watching tonight's episode and thinking, don't they know not to climb up a lift shaft or use a lift when there's a fire?

Kitten has just become a squashed kitten. Oh dear.

StarsOfCCTV
14-09-2009, 01:12
The only way out apparently. :p Poor Heather. :(

Really liked Jay in this episode he was sweet with Mrs Bassey, also liked the end scene with him, Charlie, Big Mac and Noel.

I'm loving Yuki, and how he gave his shoes to the homeless guy.

Lenny annoys me. :rolleyes:

Next weeks looks good!! :thumbsup:

Abbie
19-09-2009, 23:35
omg its killing me! I mean finally we got another ruth and jay kiss :wub: I dont want to complain cos we have waited AGES but it was short and interupted
And awwww the moment under the table, omg it really is killing me lol

no1abbafan
21-09-2009, 23:33
Just watched it on Iplayer - took a bit of time to get into it, all the chopping and changing between scenes but Toby at the end, bless it was all lovely.

Abbie
22-09-2009, 00:30
I liked the episode we needed more from the F2s after last week

WelshHorizon
22-09-2009, 21:20
I hope we see loads more Ruth/Jay moments, he could be just what she needs to be happy!!

I am loving the new F2s already!! Lenny was so funny with his reconstruction of the car crash.:rotfl:

You've got to love Yuki too though haven't you? Felt so sorry for him when he got locked in the ambulance.

(Ooh, if you guys want to see some pictures/videos of the Casualty guys, check out my Youtube channel! I am doing slideshow type videos with screenshots. :) )

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlaiddDrwg2009

StarsOfCCTV
22-09-2009, 22:59
omg its killing me! I mean finally we got another ruth and jay kiss :wub: I dont want to complain cos we have waited AGES but it was short and interupted
And awwww the moment under the table, omg it really is killing me lol

That kiss was so sweet! :p :love: May has totally twigged what's going on. :lol:

I think Yuki fancying May is quite sweet as well.

I hope next week or whenever we get a scene with Ruth and Toby in it, like for them to catch up.

Abbie
22-09-2009, 23:48
Yeah there wasnt much of that, I got the impression there was gonna be more

WelshHorizon
26-09-2009, 22:01
Poor Nick just wants to die doesn't he? Zoe is trying to do the right thing but in fact it is wrong. Can't believe she forged the signature to the surgery consent form...

Do you think she really will kill him like he wants?

Chloe O'brien
26-09-2009, 22:28
If she does she will be charge with murder.

CrazyLea
26-09-2009, 22:30
That was such a hard episode to watch! I feel so drained now! Hope there isn't another episode like that, don't think I can watch if there is.

Really enjoyed it though. Really good episode!

WelshHorizon
26-09-2009, 23:21
Really enjoyed it though. Really good episode!

Agreed, it was moving too. I don't recall seeing Zoe cry like she did tonight

Abbie
27-09-2009, 00:32
That was such a good epsiode, very gripping but hard to wacth at times!

Its so sad :(

I wonder what will happen

Abigail
27-09-2009, 00:36
That episode stuck a chord with me, especially when Nick had all his affairs in order :(

I hope he gets better and Zoe doesn't help him die.

Abbie
27-09-2009, 00:38
I liked how they linked the past 3 epsiodes in

matt1378
30-09-2009, 01:27
Hi, does anyone know what the classic music was Nick was listening to near the beginning?
Thanks

WelshHorizon
03-10-2009, 21:44
I loved Ruth tonight!! She was nice for a change! Lol.

I feel so sorry for Nick though. :-(

Abbie
03-10-2009, 22:36
Awwww :wub: I loved all the ruth and jay moments, finally we are getting more and more

lizann
03-10-2009, 22:45
Poor Nick he looks terrible

I do like Jay and Ruth together

senorita
03-10-2009, 23:13
Jay and Ruth were really sweet together, was nice to see finally lol.

Poor old Nick, really going through the mill. He still looks hot though with staples in his head lol.

rubylilly
04-10-2009, 07:27
awwwwwwwww ruth and jay were so sweet.x:wub:
:heart: :heart: :wub: :heart: :heart:

Beaney192
04-10-2009, 10:47
I loved last nights episode, Its nice to see Ruth finally being nice to jay at work! Was funny seeing how the F2's are trying to figure Adam out still

:love: :heart: :love: :heart:

WelshHorizon
04-10-2009, 14:25
They were so sweet kissing in reception. :love:

Although I do wish Jay was mine!!!:heart: :wub: :heart::wub: :heart::wub:

I thought it was great seeing Ruth being that happy and confident, don't remember the last time I saw her like that!

Abbie
04-10-2009, 14:46
I know I sooo loved Ruth like that, Im gonna have to watch this episode a few times this week =D

rubylilly
04-10-2009, 16:54
me too :)

awwwww me and my friends have watched yuki ripping his glasses a billion times already :)

WelshHorizon
04-10-2009, 17:28
Thought that was a good moment with Yuki destroying his glasses. He looks so much better without them.

I can't download that episode onto the iPlayer though, so I will have to settle with watching it online! Has anyone else managed to download it?

rubylilly
04-10-2009, 17:30
tis brilllliant. but his glasses were sooo cute, as well as lenny twiddling with them :)

Beaney192
05-10-2009, 15:48
yeah wasnt it sweet the fact he couldnt get on with the contacts :) he does look so much better without them, cant wait to see what happens next week counting down the days already hehe :rotfl:

:heart: :love: :heart: :love:

rubylilly
05-10-2009, 16:31
wouldnt it be amazing if casualty was on more than once a week? then i wouldnt get annoyed that much because it couldnt be bumped by strictly come dancing!!!!!!!

me wants more casualty :)

Abbie
18-10-2009, 16:09
How long after it airs does it go on the iplayer?

StarsOfCCTV
18-10-2009, 19:20
Not long. Usually within half an hour. I'm guessing you don't have a tv either? :p

Abbie
19-10-2009, 01:27
lol no I have my tv with me :p

But me and my flatmate watched the X-factor in the living room earlier

WelshHorizon
19-10-2009, 20:57
I felt so sorry for Jay!

Bless 'im with his little cake.:wub:

Ruth didn't look so good though....

fraggle1961
26-10-2009, 14:17
I felt so sorry for Jay!

does anyone know who the actor was who played the dad of the two boys admitted to a&e. The youngest child was recovering from leukemia.Its driving me mad, can't remember what he used to be in. OH thinks emmerdale, but he thinks every actor has been in emmerdale!!

Abigail
26-10-2009, 14:32
I felt so sorry for Jay!

does anyone know who the actor was who played the dad of the two boys admitted to a&e. The youngest child was recovering from leukemia.Its driving me mad, can't remember what he used to be in. OH thinks emmerdale, but he thinks every actor has been in emmerdale!!

According to the spoilers he's Mark Jordan and was in Heartbeat.

fraggle1961
26-10-2009, 15:38
I felt so sorry for Jay!

According to the spoilers he's Mark Jordan and was in Heartbeat.

thanks abigail, of course he was!! He played the nice policeman who was in love with the landlady of the pub. He never used to have so much hair!!

Abigail
26-10-2009, 16:06
Oh yes, I remember him now. Was he the one with the motorbike?

Perdita
26-10-2009, 17:00
Yes, he was. He got killed off in the end after marrying Tricia :(

Abbie
26-10-2009, 17:48
Lol It was bugging me to

InsanitySquares
08-11-2009, 19:45
What the heck was Polly playing at at the end of the episode? After last week's, she should have known Alistair was dangerous, and going round to his house was only asking for trouble really. Shame, because I did rather like her, then the writers go and make her do something stupid. Funny thing is, I said earlier in the episode after Jeff got attacked that Alistair will probably attack Polly as well, I just didn't think it'd be quite so soon.

Sparklet
08-11-2009, 23:32
What the heck was Polly playing at at the end of the episode? After last week's, she should have known Alistair was dangerous, and going round to his house was only asking for trouble really. Shame, because I did rather like her, then the writers go and make her do something stupid. Funny thing is, I said earlier in the episode after Jeff got attacked that Alistair will probably attack Polly as well, I just didn't think it'd be quite so soon.

I don't think Alastair is dangerous, or that he'll attack Polly.

It's himself he'll hurt.

Well as he hit Jeff, I should clarify that, as he obviously is a bit dangerous - but not to Polly. He's desperate and damaged.

mizzbl
08-11-2009, 23:57
Hmmmm I see where you're coming from. You'd think if he loves her so much he wouldn't. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
He seemed really scary and mad though - can't believe we have to wait so long :(
He's a great character though, even if he is creepy.

Abigail
09-11-2009, 16:43
Mentally ill people are more likely to hurt themselves than other people. Alastair is probably blaming himself for not realising Polly was lying or not making her love him enough.

I think there's more to it than meets the eye :hmm:

mizzbl
09-11-2009, 17:04
Yeah thats a good point, but saying that if thats true where is he going with the whole "you will be [sorry]" thing?
Argh i just don't want to wait.

Sparklet
09-11-2009, 18:06
Yeah thats a good point, but saying that if thats true where is he going with the whole "you will be [sorry]" thing?
Argh i just don't want to wait.

As soon as he said that, I thought that he was planning to do something to make her feel guilty.

mizzbl
09-11-2009, 18:22
Ooh yeah thats an idea...
I just read spoilers and without ruining everything for everone, its confused me more.

Abbie
23-11-2009, 23:35
I dont get why it ended the way it did

CrazyLea
23-11-2009, 23:37
No me either :s The way it was going was like it was going to be something really exciting.. but that was it :lol: Talk about anti climax.

Abbie
23-11-2009, 23:38
Lol I know :lol:

I mean its like hes not going to give her ajob or anything

Abigail
24-11-2009, 00:05
The spoilers indicate there's more to come with Alister :hmm: Obviously not now that he's dead, but what happened between him and Polly when she visited him.

Abbie
24-11-2009, 00:05
Did anyone watch the webisode?

Abigail
24-11-2009, 00:10
I saw it. Wasn't much to it to be honest, just Alister wandering around and doing a voice over of what he thought about Polly.

Abbie
24-11-2009, 00:11
Yeah thought it was like that, I watched a minute and got bored- didnt watch the rest

StarsOfCCTV
24-11-2009, 00:17
Yeah not much happened. But I did get excited that I knew some of the places in Holby Bristol he was at. :lol:

Abbie
24-11-2009, 00:18
:lol: lol bless you!

He really freaked me out

StarsOfCCTV
24-11-2009, 00:22
I wonder if they will do flashbacks to how he died.

Sparklet
24-11-2009, 16:27
They filmed his death scene so will probably show it as a flashback.

If he freaked anyone out it shows what a good actor is because Joe McFadden looks more like an angel than a devil...he's adorable!

Katy
29-11-2009, 21:27
I thought Sasturdays episode was brilliant, i think Polly is a great actress, i love the paramedics.

Thought Ruth was a tad harsh on the F2

WelshHorizon
05-12-2009, 21:16
Awww that was so sweet when Ruth went to find her brother!

I think nice Ruth suits her more than ice-queen Ruth!

Abbie
06-12-2009, 14:16
I agree, I prefer the nicer side to ruth

StarsOfCCTV
06-12-2009, 16:07
So do I but I don't quite trust her brother though.

Beaney192
06-12-2009, 23:33
Im not sure about her brother either, but i think its sweet she went after him it proves that she is afterall human :) ! i felt a bit sorry for lenny at the end of the last episode even if he does wind me up! :p

Abbie
08-12-2009, 16:12
I like how ruth found him though :p made me smile

WelshHorizon
12-12-2009, 21:01
Go Yuki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Did anyone else feel so sorry for May? :crying: I think she is becoming so similar to Ruth.

Abigail
28-12-2009, 01:38
Good episode tonight. Sean shocked me :eek: I know he's a slimy git but he overstepped the mark. Devilishly attractive too :ninja:

Ruth and Jay :wub: I hope it lasts this time.

WelshHorizon
28-12-2009, 10:52
:)I made a new video on Youtube with clips from last nights episode.

Personally I am proud with my lickle self of it, what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3AOGoepE84

Abbie
02-01-2010, 23:04
really good episode tonight :D I was so glad it was on much longer

but omg how sad :(

Is nick going to be staying now?

Abigail
02-01-2010, 23:42
What a great episode :) Terribly sad at the end when Harry died.

It seemed liked two episodes joined together though. The abused girl and her party didn't feature at all in the second part of the episode.

I hope Jay forgives Ruth.

Jojo
03-01-2010, 10:45
Very sad episode, but very well done but so blimming sad!!! But you kind of knew (even without reading spoilers) that something HAD to happen. :(

alan45
03-01-2010, 11:09
I watched Casualty last night and thought \i had tuned into an episode of Deadenders by mistake. The delays in the groom getting to the wedding, the farce that was the wedding that never happened because rather than wait 10 seconds for the registrar to pronounce them man and wife Adam rushed back to the hospital. As if this would actually happen in the real world. Then we had the story of the daughter and her friend being abused by her father, the kidnap of a child many years ago which was only discovered because the kidnapper just happened to pick Adam and Jess to get involved in an accident with. Nick Jordan letting junior doctors who have not completed their training take part in what even he described as an extremely risky and dangerous procedure. WTF was wrong with Henry helping. Im sure not veery other qualified doctor in Holby was too busy. Oh yes and to crown it off we had the obligitory death of Baby Harr. Where was Sean. Surely he would have been informed that HIS children were involved in a serious RTA.

That said however what differentiated Casualty and Deadenders was the fantastic acting by all involved last night even with a decidedly ropey and ridiculous storyline.

parkerman
03-01-2010, 11:56
You forgot Nick Jordan still having his own office even though he had resigned some time before.

I do agree that the acting was excellent.

Abigail
03-01-2010, 13:12
Where was Sean. Surely he would have been informed that HIS children were involved in a serious RTA.

Charlie did get the contact book out and say he was ringing Sean to let him know what had happened.

freckleface
03-01-2010, 14:06
OMG last nights ep was amazing!! O.o seriously WOW!
the RJ stuff was lusssssh but i was angry when she told him abotu the abortion, i mean, they've only just got back together again!! Garrr..
however they WILL get back together, for if it don't happen soon, I'ma gonna go mow down all the SW for casualty with a mahcine gun :D

Tannie
03-01-2010, 15:09
First time I've watched Casualty in ages but i thought I'll go watch it. I was nearly in tears by the end of it espically when Harry died :(

Bit strange that Nick still had a office althrough he had resigned :S. I found some bits funny, but the acting was well done by everyone. I now realize why i love casualty so much :D

tammyy2j
03-01-2010, 19:56
omg that was so sad

Abbie
03-01-2010, 22:52
I thought the actor who plays Adam was great, Ive always liked adam but lately hes been annoying me, however after last night, he really turned it around

*soap*star*
04-01-2010, 12:43
BRILLIANT episode....but why God why did they have to kill off baby Harry?!
seriously what was the point?

Abigail
04-01-2010, 13:07
BRILLIANT episode....but why God why did they have to kill off baby Harry?!
seriously what was the point?

It's New Year, someone has to die. It's almost become tradition to kill someone off at New Year. This leaves Jess open to go back to Sean if she wants to, no messy arguments between Adam and Sean about who Harry lives with.

Abbie
04-01-2010, 15:21
She cant go back to him

alan45
04-01-2010, 15:31
Cannot believe that the NHS is so badly stretched that they could not give Adam a couple of hours off work to get married. The fact that the most of the ED and the Holby Ambulance Service were there would have meant that some sort of cover had been arranged. Im sure that whatever the emergency could have waited another 10 or even 20 seconds until Adam and Jess were pronounced man and wife.

Abbie
04-01-2010, 15:34
I was shocked he did that

alan45
04-01-2010, 20:08
Ruth and Jay? X

What is the point of this post????

Jojo
04-01-2010, 21:23
Ruth and Jay? X

Ruth and Jay.....?? Check out the spoilers section re any info on forthcoming episodes which might feature them, or did you mean something else :)

Abigail
04-01-2010, 21:45
What is the point of this post????

I think it's in response to this post

I was shocked he did that

Jojo
04-01-2010, 22:51
I think it's in response to this post

I thought the "I was shocked he did that" was referring to Adam running off to treat the injured before being declared husband and wife at the wedding :searchme:

alan45
04-01-2010, 23:12
I thought the "I was shocked he did that" was referring to Adam running off to treat the injured before being declared husband and wife at the wedding :searchme:

So did I

Abbie
04-01-2010, 23:14

Yeah thats what I was responding to :D

Abigail
04-01-2010, 23:16

So did I

I know, that's how I read it but perhaps the poster didn't realise Abbie was responding to Alan's post about Adam.

parkerman
04-01-2010, 23:21
I know, that's how I read it but perhaps the poster didn't realise Abbie was responding to Alan's post about Adam.

Can anyone without the initial A join in? :D

Abbie
04-01-2010, 23:22

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

alan45
04-01-2010, 23:26
Can anyone without the initial A join in? :DWhy not mate. we could make this the New Bill discussion and play a game of spot the holes in the plot.

Jojo
05-01-2010, 10:20

Ahhhhhh thats what I thought.

Ahhh tis all so confusing, especially at my age :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

AmzH4
05-01-2010, 18:10
Well...Overall incredibly exagerated as if someone would leave their wedding?!
I did like it though with the grumpy registrar and then Jess and Adam laughing in the ceremony and the registrat getting all huffy! lol
I think Jay will appreciate Ruth more now...if you get me? Coz she has told him now, and she obviously doesn't want to hurt him and does care about him with the hug e.t.c. before hand and then she looked upset when he walked out. He is probably just shocked and i am sure they will get back together.

With the whol Nick Jordan operating with the F2s...right a) isn't Sean like a surgeon or something? He couldve operated on Jess surely, i mean he would do it for his kids and i am getting the feeling he still cares quite a lot for her (Jess) so surely if he had the chance he would get out of any other operations he had to do hers? Or at least help...
Plus there must've been plenty of other peopleother than F2s more qualified. ie. Ruth? Who got so close to being a surgeon she couldve helped out Jordan?
Pfft anyway must tell myself it is just TV program and all that is for effect etc blah blah

Sad baby harry died...uh oh Adam has to tell Jess :( Do you reckon Adam will want another child now he has had Harry? Did Lucas and Amelia know Harry had died by the end?
So Adam and Jess are or aren't married!?! Was te ceremony in the hospital chapel legal? Plus it is sooo silly why they couldnt have just cut to the i do i do bit in the wedding before he left...pfft

Anyway its tv...looking forward to thrusday when the next spoler comes out at bbc press office for the 23rd of January...Desperate to know more!
lol

Abigail
05-01-2010, 20:32
With the whol Nick Jordan operating with the F2s...right a) isn't Sean like a surgeon or something? He couldve operated on Jess surely, i mean he would do it for his kids and i am getting the feeling he still cares quite a lot for her (Jess) so surely if he had the chance he would get out of any other operations he had to do hers? Or at least help...

Sean is an orthopaedic surgeon, cardiothorasics isn't his area so he couldn't operate. Not to mention being her ex-husband, it wouldn't be allowed anyway because he has a conflict of interest which may cloud his judgement.

StarsOfCCTV
10-01-2010, 00:39
Firstly - where'd the original Lucas go?! I swear the kid in that crash episode was different. :lol: Secondly, I hope Ruth and Jay sort things out, because they are so sweet together. :wub: :p

Abigail
10-01-2010, 00:54
I think Lucas might have been recast. Didn't the original have dark hair and this new one blonde? Or did I just imagine that?

AmzH4
10-01-2010, 09:22
Right i like last nights episode...just had a few niggly things...
Sarah Evans ( i tink thats her name !!) was sooooo nasty to Adam...i mean if she didn't know him would she have been that mean? When someones wife is unconscious/in a coma (?) you don't talk to them like that...Adam should be treated just like any other patients..how horrible she was!!

Plus I know everyone was recording messages for Jess, i laughed at Yukis one! Is Adam gonna record a message sayinng Harry died? Coz if he is surely if Jess can hear them (they say they sometimes do) then she is gonna be soo upset but coz she is asleep (or whatever) then no one can comfort her e.t.c. so she will jsut be all duistraught inside.
surely they should just say nice things. Plus werent Tess and Adam talking about Harry infront of her...bad idea if she could hear them?

Ah its a tv show i guess...
Can't wait til next week peoples!

Jojo
10-01-2010, 09:44
I think they were in Tess' office talking about Harry (at least its how it looked to me :S)

Sarah Evans - omg, totally agree with you there! Her attitude was frankly disgusting and you don't speak to anyone about a loved one like that, whether the partner is a colleague or not - if anything it made it worse that she was talking to a colleague about her like that - she should be more sympathetic, or not be in that job. Yes she is a doctor, but helllllooo - bedside manner love!

Where on earth did Louis' attitude come from?! Why did he start on Charlie like that - in the hope he'd be sent off like he was! Good on Jay I say, for pulling him up on it and making him shake Charlie's hand. I know teens go through attitude problems (my 16 yr old has a tendancy to be a bit hormonal too) but he would never dare speak to me like that or shove into me like that either. One min, Louis is all, love you dad, next he's like that and Charlie shouldn't be apologising (in a roundabout way) for his behaviour!

Where was May yesterday?? Saw a different side to Lenny yesterday - quite felt for him. Yuki - why did whatshername suddenly decide to take just him for a drink? He hadn't had a seemingly hard shift, although, she is his mentor I suppose :S)

Good to see Jordan stepping up too

freckleface
10-01-2010, 11:25
can't believe i had to wait like 20 minutes before Jay appeared. :(

and SE, bleeeurgh, though the bit about 11 minutes past 5 did make me chuckle, until i realised I was laughing at SE's jokes so i then slapped myself and came to my sense's.

Louis is a right prat, but I will admit, a fit prat :wub:

though NO where near Jay, in his footie gear too :D

and the bit where he grabbed Louis neck and marched him round made me laaaugh sooooo much :P

btu was quite sad specially the bits with "so you found it easier to kill our baby than talk to me?" and "you'll find this out when you're a parent. Right" :(

StarsOfCCTV
10-01-2010, 13:01
btu was quite sad specially the bits with "so you found it easier to kill our baby than talk to me?"
It was sad but he does have a point. However I still hope they kiss and make up at some point. :)

CrazyLea
10-01-2010, 20:14
They've got to make up. Surely :wub:
I thought it was good for Ruth asking what he was doing later... the old Ruth wouldn't have. She luuurves him.

Yuki - why did whatshername suddenly decide to take just him for a drink? He hadn't had a seemingly hard shift, although, she is his mentor I suppose :S)
Hahah I thought that was a bit odd too :p Though I do like how Zoe is with Yuki :p It makes me laugh because they are so opposite.

Jojo
10-01-2010, 20:31
:rotfl: @ Emsy Wemsy :rotfl:

Zoe - thats her!! Lol, I went completely blank when typing the post lol. I love her confidence building exercises with him, if thats what you can call them. She has a lot of faith in him as she can see how knowledgeable he is, its just getting him to believe in himself.

Abbie
13-01-2010, 20:19
Zoe and Yuki makes me laugh! :lol:

I felt sorry for Lenny but hes still the most annoying one for me

WelshHorizon
16-01-2010, 21:09
Wow... this is the first time I have been freaked out while watching Casualty!!!

Abbie
16-01-2010, 21:29
I never thought I would but I really like this episode, im finding it really interesting and sad

WelshHorizon
16-01-2010, 21:31
It is good the way they are doing it.

Clever! But just the way they have her wandering around is freaky.

Abbie
16-01-2010, 21:32
Yeah that is scary, and when she was having the op - I really wish I hadnt been eating my tea at the time!!

WelshHorizon
16-01-2010, 21:34
Aww poor you!

I learn not to eat while watching Casualty. :o)

I am getting prepared though, when the "whooooosh" sound comes I expect to see her.

Abbie
16-01-2010, 21:39
omg that swimming and the light bit! that was werid

Im really confused! why is she so sad and stuff, is it cos she knows somehow about Harry?!

WelshHorizon
16-01-2010, 21:41
I think she does know about him. Poor Jess. :(

Abbie
16-01-2010, 21:48
Aww ok now that makes sense- its so sad :(

AmzH4
16-01-2010, 22:03
Woahhhh
One wierd episode!
wierd witha capital W!!! hehe
It was like a horror film with the whole jess thing!! It was cool to see her past though..
Back in sarah evans' nice days hehe!!

Pleased she is awake now though :) shame adam wasn't awake to see her wake :( i wanted an emotional reunion :)

Abbie
16-01-2010, 22:40
Will be interesting to see next week

WelshHorizon
17-01-2010, 00:28
Aww I am watching a young Gillian (Jess) now on Shirley Valentine. Bless her!!

Abbie
17-01-2010, 00:36
It was also really werid to hear the accent

Chloe O'brien
17-01-2010, 01:02
Why didn't her friend want her to know she visited. Is she dying and didn't want Jess to know.

StarsOfCCTV
17-01-2010, 10:16
I'm looking forward to a normal episode next week! This felt a bit disjointed and random...

Abbie
17-01-2010, 12:52
Why didn't her friend want her to know she visited. Is she dying and didn't want Jess to know.

actually good point! I have no idea! it really didnt make sense!!!

AmzH4
17-01-2010, 13:08

Mmm yeah...
I was thinking perhaps Linda (?) thought if she told Adam to tell Jess it was her who visited she would feel she would have to visit Jess again...And perhaps she didn't want to visit Jess again...
I dunno..
It was wierd we will never know.

freckleface
17-01-2010, 17:24
that episode freaked me out a tad. i was like, well this is a bit whacked! :L
and omg, where did that accent come from?? i was like okay she has a different accent :L but then it was explained.
it was a different side of things, and i literally had 5 seconds to squeee at jay before he was cut off ¬¬

Abbie
17-01-2010, 17:25
Was jay in the episode? I sort of was making my tea at the time some missed a couple of bits here and there

freckleface
17-01-2010, 17:26
yesh, like right at the beginning. he literally went to Adam, "how's jess?" and adam walked off ¬¬ and that was it basically.

CrazyLea
17-01-2010, 17:27
Wasn't a huge fan of the episode tbh.. got rather bored lol.. which doesn't usually happen for me in Casualty :p

Abbie
17-01-2010, 17:32
yesh, like right at the beginning. he literally went to Adam, "how's jess?" and adam walked off ¬¬ and that was it basically.

oh right :lol: well to be fair the episode didnt have many people in it

Oh and about her accent! at the begining I couldnt hear it only noticed a couple of scenes later

WelshHorizon
17-01-2010, 17:57
Apparantley Gillian is really a scouser...... she uses a fake accent in Casualty normally!! She uses the same scouse accent when she was in Shirley Valentine.:lol:

Anyway, I think I figured why she was crying at the end, because all she remembers was dropping Harry in the lake, she never knew that he died later in hospital so I think she thought he died then.

Perdita
17-01-2010, 18:29
She is a true scouser, heard her talk, she is more scouse than OH :eek:

Katy
17-01-2010, 19:02
she started in brookside didnt she years a go, i seen clips from like the 80s where shes really scouse.

I got rather bored with it as well, though it was good how it explained things but dragged a bit.

Abigail
17-01-2010, 20:05
You can hear the scouse in her accent when she talks normally.

The episode didn't bowl me over to be honest, would have preferred a normal episode.

WelshHorizon
17-01-2010, 20:21
I think they tried to recreate what they did for Ruth when Harry was reading through her diary, that was good but the thing they did for Jess was a bit weird. Right at the start I was thinking "What the hell?", especially when she stood up and walked off. When the water began building up around her feet though further on, I was sat there saying "Uh Jess.... you're leaking..."

I am glad it will be back to normal next week though.

AmzH4
31-01-2010, 12:35
Last night we got to see a nicer side of Sarah Evans, she was surprisingly sweet to May, and in the end was kinda alright to Ruth. Ruth was nice to May which surprised me a little, but it was nice to see Ruth being nice to someone for once.
Poor May when her dad didn't want her to treat Sarah...i did feel sorry for her...but then we saw the envolope in her bag so it was obvious she had cheated, tut tut tut.

It was so saaad when Jess pretended harry was still alive, and then she rejected adams support poor adam...
Since when did alice babysit Lucas and Amelia?!?!
Jes made a rapid recovery from practically dying...

Hmmm i look forward to next week :)

alan45
08-02-2010, 00:13
What a BIATCH Jessica turned out to be. Does she not think that Adam has feelings for their lost baby yet there she is wallowing in self pity and about to jet off to the US of A with her dizzy pal. So realistic

NOT!!!!!

Chloe O'brien
08-02-2010, 00:31
Oh I loved the ending when Adam opened his front door and they were all standing there. I agree Jess is only thinking of herself. What would she have done if Adam up sticks and took off.

CrazyLea
08-02-2010, 00:33
Was it a good episode? My sister forgot to tape it for me :(
Can't believe Jess did that though!!!

Anything else, that might be important next week happen?

Abigail
08-02-2010, 00:35
Watch it on iplayer

CrazyLea
08-02-2010, 00:42
Yeah thought that. But my broadband or computer not sure which is a bit rubbish, and when you watch something on iPlayer, the sound is fine, but the piv is jumpy, like there's no actual "action" if you get me, it's just stills..

Abigail
08-02-2010, 00:47
Try letting it buffer for half an hour before you watch it. My uni internet connection isn't fast enough to stream live but its fine if I leave it to load.

parkerman
08-02-2010, 08:42
What a BIATCH Jessica turned out to be. Does she not think that Adam has feelings for their lost baby yet there she is wallowing in self pity and about to jet off to the US of A with her dizzy pal. So realistic

NOT!!!!!

I thought it was realistic. Who can know what it's like tolose a baby except those who have gone through it? Of course it's not fair on Adam but how rationally is someone thinking at a time like that? I felt really sorry for both of them. It was heartbreaking and such a sad episode.

alan45
08-02-2010, 11:03
The bit about going to the US is unrealistic. Jess and Adam are professional medics and would have greater acces to profession bereavement groups. The programme should have used this story to show what help is available

parkerman
08-02-2010, 11:19
I'm still not convinced, alan. I think any rational thought is likely to go out of the window at a time like that. Fortunately I have never been in a position to know.

Perdita
08-02-2010, 11:32
I am on parkerman's side in this one. The death of a baby can bring a couple closer together or tear them apart, for a while at least. Being in the medical profession, they might actually not realise that counselling could be something to be considered by them, as they are too close to it all. But it could have been something for the scriptwriters to include, it could maybe help viewers in a similar position.

alan45
08-02-2010, 12:27
I'm still not convinced, alan. I think any rational thought is likely to go out of the window at a time like that. Fortunately I have never been in a position to know.

Fortuneately neither have I personally but in my professional life I have dealt with many many cases involving infant death some explained and some unexplained. I am not saying that Jessicas reaction is unbelieveable, in fact far from it. The whole idea of her upping sticks and going to the US of A is preposterous. The scriptwriters have obviously not thought that aspect of the storyline out fully.

AmzH4
08-02-2010, 17:41
In my opinion what she did was extremely selfish to the kids.
However i understand why she did it...it doesn't mean she wont call/email/keep in touch with Adam and the others...she just can't bear to look at him coz he reminds her of Harry. Obivoulsy she wouldn't just move in one day etc but thats all for the purpose of tv. but she admitted she still loved Adam and was obviously distraught to go...however she will probs come back at some point one day, they always do!. It's just a shame they never did marry properly...i feel sorry for both of them though, mainly Lucas and Amelia although i'm pretty sure they will have a blast in America!

Anyway people it's a soap...a good soap...but it's tv...and not real...if it was real life it would be a little boring so the writers must exagerrate to get people to carry on watching.
However unless you have been it that position yourself which i sincerely hope is a tiny majority of people then who are you to judge how someone else must feel? The writers may have also not been in that situation so they can't judge either...it would be an impossible situation and either way there would be no way to escape the never ending pain...

I hope we see Jessica again...she was a good actress and managed to play out this storyline very well, and made it all very real...good for her :)

WelshHorizon
13-02-2010, 21:43
Is it just me or has there been an increase in swearing in the last couple of episodes?

alan45
13-02-2010, 23:32
Is it just me or has there been an increase in swearing in the last couple of episodes?
Im fu**ed if I know

Perdita
14-02-2010, 06:54
:rotfl: :D

parkerman
14-02-2010, 08:45
I agree with Perdy....:rotfl:

Katy
04-04-2010, 11:15
I can't stand May! she is so irritating.

CrazyLea
21-04-2010, 23:36
I have not seen casualty in like 2 months it must be! Is it any good any more lol?
I don't even miss it :|

StarsOfCCTV
21-04-2010, 23:44
Not really. I watch out of habit. Its a bit silly nowadays.

CrazyLea
21-04-2010, 23:46
I miss some of the characters. But I am honestly not bothered if I see it anymore haha!
10 years ago I would have been shocked if I felt like this ha! So obsessed back then :p

StarsOfCCTV
21-04-2010, 23:48
I know! I like Ruth and Jay but they aren't together anymore so... Everyone else irritates me really.... especially Adam I used to like him but really have gone off him!

Hmm...I should really just give Casualty a break instead of complaining about it all the time. :lol:

CrazyLea
21-04-2010, 23:50
Haha if you give it a break, you won't want to go back ( like me :p). Keep watchinggggg :p
I miss Ruth, Jay and Nick!!!
Wish Ruth and Jay would get back together :(

StarsOfCCTV
21-04-2010, 23:52
Nicks still there. And yes, I will let you know if they do! I still read the spoilers so if I miss an episode I still know what's going on. :)

JustJodi
14-05-2010, 15:04
Well well well I am glad that May finally grew some BAlls and fessed up and LEFT... I was so sick of her,,Adam and Jessica,, they were just WOODEN together...
Can any one tell me if Dixie and Jeff are still MARRIED ??? and did Dixie's dad die ??? ( I missed 3 episodes )When is NICK gonna leave????and Adam??? I guess I never warmed up to Ruth..shes such a COLD fish!!!

Abigail
14-05-2010, 21:09
I'm pretty sure Dixie and Jeff are still married. I think Dixie's dad died although I'm not 100% certain of that.

Chloe O'brien
15-05-2010, 00:36
Got to agree with you Jodi aout Ruth being a cold fish, but I much prefer he being a cold hearted cow than a soppy one. Once they start changing characters to be all sweet and romantic they ruin them. Keep Ruth heartless.

Katy
16-05-2010, 16:08
not seen casualty in ages watched last night and its just not the same anymore, the storylines just arent what they used to be and neither are the characters.

Abigail
16-05-2010, 16:09
I found Kirsty really annoying actually. The way she spoke to the psych patient was completely out of line.

Abbie
26-06-2010, 22:12
Noooo! what is ruth doing :(

EastEnders2013
30-06-2010, 17:15
I know!!!!!!!! Poor Jay!

Mollie
24-07-2010, 18:18
I've just been reading through this thread which has been interesting. I stopped watching Casualty years ago, but started again in about February this year; but I've been watching all the old series on YouTube so I'll catch up eventually. :D

StarsOfCCTV
27-07-2010, 10:37
You haven't missed much. :lol: I used to adore Casualty in the Comfort/Bex/Luke/Lara etc days but now its just like a soap, silly characters and non existent patient storylines.

JustJodi
27-07-2010, 14:18
missed the last two saturdays due to our busy summer social life LOL I guess that Charlie hasn't had his grand baby yet???? Has Nick left ??? Have they exposed the drug trials ??? oh well I presume I will catch up EVENTUALLY lol

parkerman
27-07-2010, 14:31
missed the last two saturdays due to our busy summer social life LOL I guess that Charlie hasn't had his grand baby yet???? Has Nick left ??? Have they exposed the drug trials ??? oh well I presume I will catch up EVENTUALLY lol

No baby, Nick still there, drug trial not finally exposed yet.....so you haven't missed much!:D

JustJodi
27-07-2010, 16:43
Thanks Parkerman :-) much appreciated :-D

bernie 206
28-07-2010, 22:17
well sophiebaby love ruth and jays in casualty the sooner they get back together the better and she finnally admits her true feelings for once and for all to jay was gutted when she got married to edward thurlow and she only knew him for 3 weeks i felt so sorry for jay when he ran to stop the wedding but it was to late wat were the producers thinking.

Abigail
04-09-2010, 22:18
Brilliant episode. I loved the way the pace slowed down at the end from the rush of people getting shot and dying to the guy wanting to shoot himself. Lenny showing some emotion was what got me, I think.

alan45
16-09-2010, 00:34
Casualty has been named as the longest-running primetime medical drama in TV history by the Guinness World Records 2011 Edition.

The programme, which recently began its 25th series, was also named as the longest-running emergency medical drama. With over 700 episodes broadcast since its launch in 1986, it surpasses other dramas such as ER, Grey's Anatomy and its own spinoff Holby City.

Speaking about the recognition, the show's executive producer Belinda Campbell said: "It is an absolute thrill to be able to call Casualty the world's longest-running primetime hospital drama.

"It's a great testament to the hard work and expertise of the casts and crews over the years that Casualty is now its 25th year and still in such fantastically good health."

StarsOfCCTV
14-11-2010, 12:33
Really good episode!

Jay why didn't you have your phone on you man. Ahh! :lol: Disappointed that Ruth did what she did to Charlie. Especially since her put her up for that job and has only tried to help.. it just seems all that progression she made in the last two years is just disappearing all because of this whole Edward thing.

The Kirsty storyline is really interesting as well, but what is it about Adam and married women and possessive husbands. :lol: Its like Jess 2!

JustJodi
14-11-2010, 12:50
:)Ok I know I was gone for 8 weeks on vacation, but whoa wait a min, when did Ruth get married, and I presume that Ruth has just found out that her husband is GAY ??? Why was Jeffery up for review?? When did Jay and whats her name ( the other paramedic) start "seeing" each other ??? Did charlie's grand baby eventually get born ?? sighhhhhhhI appreciate any one helping me with this :thumbsup:

StarsOfCCTV
14-11-2010, 13:07
Ruth met Edward and married him literally after a couple of weeks - Jay tried to stop her doing it but he was too late....Polly was the rebound girl. Jeff was up for review, I think, because he beat up a patient. Charlie's granddaughter was born (but I missed that episode), but the mother left her with Charlie soon after. :)

pipette
14-11-2010, 18:27
Really good episode!
Jay why didn't you have your phone on you man.

Yes if only, he seems to be the only one she's ever really opened up to, here's hoping that over the next few weeks they start get back together

StarsOfCCTV
28-11-2010, 12:16
I liked yesterdays episode.

Ruth seems to be getting a bit paranoid, and I can't see this whole Edward thing working out well - what the Advisor lady said at the end was good advice. Jay was sweet, you can tell he still loves Ruth. :wub: :p

Kirsty and Adam.. ahh as I said in the spoiler video thread, she might as well be called Jessica. I like the character of Kirsty, but I find Adam increasingly annoying with his whole married women with abusive husband sort of storylines the SW's keep giving him.

Sophiebaby
01-12-2010, 11:52
Last weeks episode was good, but I really wish that ruth and jay would get back together, he's so sweet and you can tell that he loves her. Is it me or is ruth alot colder without jay, she never would have been so mean to her colleauges before, infact she was quite well liked. It really isn't going well for her at the minute is it?, her husbands gay, no one likes her and by looks of spoilers she isn't going to have a good time for quite abit, but I won't mention that incase you dont want too know. Please get back together and sooner rather than later, there only reason I watch casualty!,:)

Abbie
02-01-2011, 14:31
Aww I really felt for ruth last episode and everyone saw as well! Its just worst way it could have happened

JustJodi
02-01-2011, 15:33
Aww I really felt for ruth last episode and everyone saw as well! Its just worst way it could have happened

Worst possible place too,, right in front of her peers,,

StarsOfCCTV
02-01-2011, 18:21
Yeah....typical Casualty style, poor Ruth! Wish Jay had gone after her. :p

Abbie
03-01-2011, 16:34
Ahhh silly ruth! :(
I really feel for Jordan

Abigail
03-01-2011, 18:17
I really felt for Ruth when Jay said he wasn't her friend anymore. She seems to be pushing everyone away again. I think Ruth is one of the most interesting characters Casualty has ever had. She wants to love and be loved but somehow she can't manage it.

Abigail
09-01-2011, 21:03
Is it really realistic to portray a man with muscular dystrophy who has trouble walking, showering etc. as a violent and abusive person? Sure he could be on pain killers but MD affects the strength of muscles so surely he should be a lot weaker than a man his age without MD, especially as he's been undiagnosed for years and without proper treatment. A few weeks ago he couldn't lift his arms above his head but last week he managed to break his wife's ribs as well as old injuries showing up on the X-ray. Ribs have got a lot of give in them, they're designed to bend before they break so it takes some considerable force to break them. Granted he could have pushed her down the stairs or hit her with something like a rolling pin but I can't see a guy who uses a wheelchair having much strength to drag his wife across the kitchen and beat her up, like he did last night.

StarsOfCCTV
10-01-2011, 01:09
^ I thought that too about Warren and the MD. However, forgetting any inaccuracies with that storyline that last scene was truly chilling and uncomfortable to watch. Brilliant acting.

Nick's storyline just irritates me. Firstly, he drives his car without a licence and crashes. But that's alright because it turns out he didn't actually kill the child and to quote Nick "no harm done". :rolleyes: Then this week he gets kidnapped, driven to a warhouse somewhere and operates on a girls neck and now he has the surgical interview back. Its just a bit unbelievable..

Plus, he is really arrogant, he told Zoe in a way that seemed like he couldn't quite believe it that Henry said he "was lucky for him to still have his job in the ED" - well, frankly he is?

I really felt for Ruth when Jay said he wasn't her friend anymore. She seems to be pushing everyone away again. I think Ruth is one of the most interesting characters Casualty has ever had. She wants to love and be loved but somehow she can't manage it. I stopped watching Casualty a while ago but I started watching again because of Ruth. Georgia is an amazing actress I hope she stays on the show for a good while yet! :D

StarsOfCCTV
19-01-2011, 22:27
Ruuuth :( Bless Jay for trying to help, though he was just a bit confused! & yay Charlie!! :D After what Ruth did to him, I wouldn't have expected him to give advice to Jay and help him out.. nice to see he can rise above any grudge he may have against her, unlike some of the rest of the staff. Can't wait until this Saturdays episode..

Katy
20-01-2011, 08:36
i know im looking forward to this saturdays as well, ive really got into casualty again.

parkerman
30-01-2011, 10:34
I did find the latter stages of last night's Casualty quite tense and exciting....UNTIL....they trotted out the same old road blocked cliche. After that I didn't see what happened as I was too busy throwing things at the television.....

StarsOfCCTV
30-01-2011, 10:54
These silly Holby rubbish people do collections at such inconvenient times! :lol:

I think Nita might have pushed Warren down the stairs, either that or he threw himself down the stairs - he does seem like that sort of person, who'd do that do see Kirsty get arrested or something like that.

Bit annoyed at the whole 'oh we didn't notice' moaning, yeah you guys didn't notice because most of you were too busy taking the mickey out of her, but you've conveniently forgotten that. :rolleyes:

Next weeks looks so good, can't wait!

pipette
30-01-2011, 12:18
I did find the latter stages of last night's Casualty quite tense and exciting....UNTIL....they trotted out the same old road blocked cliche. After that I didn't see what happened as I was too busy throwing things at the television.....

Yes I seem to rember that they did the same when Jay was trying to get to Ruth before she got married (insert colourful language here) roadblocks

LFC FOR LIFE

parkerman
30-01-2011, 12:39
It's the lazy scriptwriters best tool. It happens in Corri, Eastenders, Casualty, you name the soap it's happened at some crucial moment.

In any case, I really didn't even see the point of it last night. What difference would it have made if Adam had driven to Kirsty's house without that incident? It would have detracted absolutely nothing from the would he/wouldn't he suspense.

taungfox
16-02-2011, 09:26
Is it really realistic to portray a man with muscular dystrophy who has trouble walking, showering etc. as a violent and abusive person? Sure he could be on pain killers but MD affects the strength of muscles so surely he should be a lot weaker than a man his age without MD, especially as he's been undiagnosed for years and without proper treatment. A few weeks ago he couldn't lift his arms above his head but last week he managed to break his wife's ribs as well as old injuries showing up on the X-ray. Ribs have got a lot of give in them, they're designed to bend before they break so it takes some considerable force to break them. Granted he could have pushed her down the stairs or hit her with something like a rolling pin but I can't see a guy who uses a wheelchair having much strength to drag his wife across the kitchen and beat her up, like he did last night.

Hi,
I am pleased that unlike most people you have taken on board the fact that Warren does have Muscular Dystrophy. We at the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign have been watching the storyline with great interest. To answer your point, it is not inconsistent to see Warren's actions as they have been portrayed. MD is by nature a variable condition and not all encompassing across all organs. Having said that our position is that it is more serious a condition than has been shown and after making a few valid points in the diagnosis episode MD has not even been mentioned. We are straight back to the image of "Nasty Despicable Warren". Of course it is not acceptable under any circumstances to hit people but no effort has been made to put across the situation from Warren's position. As we have been told he was a hard working, brave and committed fireman married to a nurse and having a great life. Then along comes this horrible medical condition and it gets worse and worse so that he loses his career and indeed cannot get any other work at all. Worst of all unlike most diseases MD is often undiagnosed for many years. Warren knows he has a serious conditon and will know his working life is over yet the whole world refuses to believe him. Even his wife Kirsty as they are doing the tests says "you can test him all you like, it is all inside his head". There you have it, poor Warren can see his himself losing his career, his livlehood, his marriage and his house and the only response is that no one believes him, even the wife does not accept it. Who amongst us would not feel frustrated in this situation. I was undiagnosed for 12 years and this insidious and cruel disease has cost me a career, a relationship and a house. This does have an effect of a person, particulrily when you get no sympathy at all. Warren faces a very bleak future. There is no cure to Muscular Dystrohy, it will pprogress to many other different muscle groups throughout his body including heart and lungs. Since the diagnosis episode MD has not been mentioned, the oppotunity to publicise this disease has been lost. It has been totally overshadowed by the scriptwriters reverting to the normal "blood and guts" storylines with child molesters and "legs cut off" type incidents. They have not put across that his is the more srious and life changing than all these.
Even the falling down the stairs incident. You will notice there were sturdy bannisters both sides. An able bodied person would just arrest thier fall with his hands. Warren as we have seen has the symptom of Myotonia (totally bad grip) and just cannot grip
the bannisters and thus fell. Indeed if you remember Warren was only diagnosed because the doctor having misdiagnosed him shook his hand to say goodbye and realised the degree of myotonia. So after making a few good points the scriptwriters have changed the idea of publicising MD and pandered to the more populist wfie beating story . An opportunity missed!

Abigail
16-02-2011, 10:33
Hi,
I am pleased that unlike most people you have taken on board the fact that Warren does have Muscular Dystrophy. We at the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign have been watching the storyline with great interest. To answer your point, it is not inconsistent to see Warren's actions as they have been portrayed. MD is by nature a variable condition and not all encompassing across all organs. Having said that our position is that it is more serious a condition than has been shown and after making a few valid points in the diagnosis episode MD has not even been mentioned. We are straight back to the image of "Nasty Despicable Warren". Of course it is not acceptable under any circumstances to hit people but no effort has been made to put across the situation from Warren's position. As we have been told he was a hard working, brave and committed fireman married to a nurse and having a great life. Then along comes this horrible medical condition and it gets worse and worse so that he loses his career and indeed cannot get any other work at all. Worst of all unlike most diseases MD is often undiagnosed for many years. Warren knows he has a serious conditon and will know his working life is over yet the whole world refuses to believe him. Even his wife Kirsty as they are doing the tests says "you can test him all you like, it is all inside his head". There you have it, poor Warren can see his himself losing his career, his livlehood, his marriage and his house and the only response is that no one believes him, even the wife does not accept it. Who amongst us would not feel frustrated in this situation. I was undiagnosed for 12 years and this insidious and cruel disease has cost me a career, a relationship and a house. This does have an effect of a person, particulrily when you get no sympathy at all. Warren faces a very bleak future. There is no cure to Muscular Dystrohy, it will pprogress to many other different muscle groups throughout his body including heart and lungs. Since the diagnosis episode MD has not been mentioned, the oppotunity to publicise this disease has been lost. It has been totally overshadowed by the scriptwriters reverting to the normal "blood and guts" storylines with child molesters and "legs cut off" type incidents. They have not put across that his is the more srious and life changing than all these.
Even the falling down the stairs incident. You will notice there were sturdy bannisters both sides. An able bodied person would just arrest thier fall with his hands. Warren as we have seen has the symptom of Myotonia (totally bad grip) and just cannot grip
the bannisters and thus fell. Indeed if you remember Warren was only diagnosed because the doctor having misdiagnosed him shook his hand to say goodbye and realised the degree of myotonia. So after making a few good points the scriptwriters have changed the idea of publicising MD and pandered to the more populist wfie beating story . An opportunity missed!

I think you raise some very good points there. Having a disability is no excuse for being violent but I can also see how being disabled and losing control can cause anger and rages. It's part of the process of accepting an illness.

An opportunity missed indeed. Perhaps we will start to see more consistent behaviour after his fall down stairs. I guess its difficult to get the balance right and avoid excusing violence with frustration at being ill but also not overdoing the wife beater angle.

taungfox
16-02-2011, 12:09
[QUOTE=Abigail;742033....Having a disability is no excuse for being violent but I can also see how being disabled and losing control can cause anger and rages. It's part of the process of accepting an illness.

......... I guess its difficult to get the balance right and avoid excusing violence with frustration at being ill but also not overdoing the wife beater angle.[/QUOTE]

With respect, the points I was making was that Warren could not accept his illness as he had not been diagnosed. He had no chance over many years to accept an illness, he
was told he was not ill. In the diagnosis episode the doctor diagnosed a mild heart condition, a few pills and you are fine. Warren is just as much a victim as Kirsty. Just
ten minutes before the correct diagnosis she told the doctor "test him all you want, it is all inside his head". Warren had to put up with years of that, the exact
same from the medical profession and the loss of his beloved career and indeed any other work. He is only human. This is the only consistent thing about
Muscular Dystrophy, that we all go years without a diagnosis and face discrimination and persecution even from our nearest and dearest. Warren should
have had help from the medical profession and especially from Kirsty, he did not get either. He is simply portrayed as a wife beater, this is wrong.

taungfox
16-02-2011, 15:56
....... avoid excusing violence with frustration at being ill.......

I apologize if I have upset anyone or appear to be condoning violence in anyway. This is not the case, I am merely trying to get the balance right and correct the complete
ignorance of the the condition of Muscular Dydtrophy which has completely been lost in the populist theme of wife-beating. Violence of any sort is wrong, but it does happen
in our society. If Warren was up in court for assaulting his wife he would be able to at least have his extenuating circumstances aired. This does not seem to be the case
on TV drama and soapboards where people are just presented as one dimensional characters.
I obviously feel strongly about this because I am Warren. MD took away my career and my house and shortly the tiny flat I live in. My partner left when things got difficult and
even took my dog as I might fall on her. Who is to say that even a fervently non violent person like myself might for one second lash out and in today's climate be completely
pilloried. People suffering from MD do have an incredibly difficult time and people in general, the medical profession and even their own familes just do not understand. Unitil
you have been in Warren's shoes please do not judge him.

Abigail
16-02-2011, 18:01
You haven't upset me. I'm just too tired to digest your posts and write a coherent reply.

I do know how a serious, non-visible disability affects people and their families; my sister has fibromyalgia which affects the muscles and joints. Because people can't actually see the pain in the muscles they think she's putting it on. My mother tells her to pull herself together but that's a whole other story.

I'm feeling a bit stressed and over sensitive at the moment so I'm not going to say any more. I'll come back to your posts when I'm feeling more alert :)

taungfox
19-02-2011, 19:00
You haven't upset me. I'm just too tired to digest your posts and write a coherent reply.

I do know how a serious, non-visible disability affects people and their families; my sister has fibromyalgia which affects the muscles and joints. Because people can't actually see the pain in the muscles they think she's putting it on. My mother tells her to pull herself together but that's a whole other story.

I'm feeling a bit stressed and over sensitive at the moment so I'm not going to say any more. I'll come back to your posts when I'm feeling more alert :)

I have decided I must apologise to Abigail. It was wrong to take out all my frustrations on one person.

The reason my apology is delayed is that I have had a major scalding incident. Another "Warren Incident", people just do not understand !

Perdita
19-02-2011, 19:20
Hope you are ok again, sorry to hear that :(

taungfox
19-02-2011, 19:29
Looking forward to following the warren story in tonights episode.

At "the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign", we have been following the Warren has Muscular Dystrophy storyline with great interest.

Putting aside our disappointment that this has morphed into the more populist wfie beating angle, the MD diagnosis
episode was superb.

I enclose the review of the episode I put on our website. It was important publicity for a little understood disease.

""Just watched Casualty on the I Player.

DEJA VU...!!!!.........Spooky......Uncanny......

This is me.

Well done BBC. This a is a stunningly accurate portrayal in every respect.

From the movements, to the falls, to the myotonia, to attitude of family, to misdiagnosis, to
confusion, upset and worry and an almost accidental diagnosis.

Good way to portray it. Causualty episode with blood and guts everywhere. He is seemingly making a fuss
about nothing. The wife says you can test him a thousand times, it is all in his head. Then gradually
the truth comes out that he has as serious a condition as anyone else, and when explained she
feels she has to stay and look after him. Great touch that the doctor relises something is wrong
when he shakes hands with the patient and realises the degree of myotonia.

The only gripe, they did not mention timescale, would have been better to
make the point he had been misdiagnosed for years. They condensed my
12 years into 50 minutes.

Well done BBC."

Katy
20-02-2011, 09:47
i really hope jays ok

One question, how has Charlie popped up in the place where Ruth is?

I liked last nights episode...oh the next question what on earth has the woman who was playing warrens mum been in? its bneen bugging me all night!

parkerman
20-02-2011, 10:26
i really hope jays ok

One question, how has Charlie popped up in the place where Ruth is?

Ruth had him moved there when she was in charge of ED.

Although I thought last night's episode was quite amusing in parts, the whole scenario of the second clinical lead was just preposterous. She suddenly appears with no prior warning to any of the staff and presumably she was unemployed if she was able to start straight away. They then argue and bicker in front of the staff and patients. Sorry, none of that would happen in real life....oh, I forgot, this isn't real life!

And how did she get to the hospital before Nick seing as he was in his sports car and she was waiting for a bus?

Katy
20-02-2011, 10:28
yeah i loved that!! he sped off yet somehow she got there before him!

Abigail
20-02-2011, 12:06
I have decided I must apologise to Abigail. It was wrong to take out all my frustrations on one person.

The reason my apology is delayed is that I have had a major scalding incident. Another "Warren Incident", people just do not understand !

No apology necessary :)

taungfox
20-02-2011, 14:16
iwhat on earth has the woman who was playing warrens mum been in? its bneen bugging me all night!

She is Mary Jo Randle. She played Jo Morgan in The Bill from 1993 to 1995 and she played Bernie Quinlan in The Lakes. Also in Wire in the blood, Heartbeat, Dalziel and Pascoe
and two other episodes of Casuaalty (albeit as different characters).

taungfox
20-02-2011, 15:04
......the condition of Muscular Dydtrophy which has completely been lost in the populist theme of wife-beating... .

I am pleased to say my pessimism has been unfounded on the Warren / Muscular Dystrophy storyline. Suddnely in this episode the writers are exploring all
sorts of aspects and coming up with great drama I might add.
The introduction of Warren's mother (played by superb Mary Jo Randle) is perfect to put forward Warren's case and as so often happens "muddy the waters"
with misunderstanding and confusion. Shr does drop a bombshell which most people will not have picked up. Warren's father Jimmy we are told was a
very strict disciplinarian. This is vital information. What I forgot to say is that warren's MD is an inherited condition from one of his parents. Now we are
being told almost certainly it came from his father. All people deal with disabiliy differently, we see Warren lashes out and the liklehood is that his father did too
from Mrs Clements comments. Indeed the probability is that Warren faced violence as a child and as has been widely documented children suffering from
abuse in childhood often perpetuate that violence and can also be classed as victims. Warren's father just like my mother would have gone his whole
life undiagnosed, so there is no understanding and coping or accepting of the MD condition.
I am not taking away from the fact that Kisty being hit is completely wrong. Just trying to take a balanced view and highlight the very difficult position Warren is in. That is
rather than the simple one dimensional view that Warren is a despicable wfie beater. Even is this episode he wakes from a coma to hear the wife saying sweet nothings/ dreams
with Adam, wirnesses his daughter rejecting him for Adam and then is told by his mother (albeit a confused mother) of infidelity. He is at the extrem edge
of existence and sadly lashes out again. In hia despair and paranoia he even accuses Kirsty of trying to kill him. As in my earlier post the fall would have
been caused by Warren's MD symptom of Myotonia which the writers made very clear. Once again in this episode we were shown twice the very substancial
bannisters that any able bodied person without Myotonia would have simply arrested their fall. Muscular Dystrophy killed Warren not Kirsty.
Warren was healthy committed firemen with a lovely famiuly but gradually the condition he inherited from his father took everything away from him
in the worst and cruel way possible. It seems he also inherited the wrong way of dealing with his problem and this took away any sympathy and
gradually his wife and family. A tragic story. MD killed Warren. Well done BBC, great drama.

Katy
20-02-2011, 17:02
it was a great story.... i thought especially as i wasnt expecting it, i just assumed it would be the usual wife beater domestic abuse and the MD proved a great twist with brilliant acting that made sure it wasnt a let down,

Ah thank you Bernie Quinlan, of course she was! that has been doing my head in for ages!!!

Perdita
21-02-2011, 18:47
Stephen Lord has revealed that he has experienced a mixed reaction to his Casualty character Warren Clements.

Warren has been at the centre of a domestic violence storyline on the BBC medical drama in recent months, tormenting his wife Kirsty (Lucy Gaskell).

However, in an interview with The People, Lord explained that Warren's poor health has earned him some sympathy from fans despite his abusive ways.

The actor explained: "I would never defend what he did to Kirsty, not in a million years. But the fact he has muscular dystrophy and that he's been sat at home while she's been out flirting with her colleague Adam means it's not been absolutely black and white.

"I was over in Ireland when he first started getting violent. On the ferry going back to England, a woman said to me, 'I think your character is a real b**tard but I also feel for him because of his illness', and I do think people have a degree of sympathy for him."

He continued: "I rather like that the audience is in two minds about the story because I never wanted to play Warren as some kind of pantomime villain. Although, taken in isolation, I hope the domestic violence will prompt the right response from viewers.

"One in four people in this country suffer domestic violence; 25% of all recorded crime is domestic abuse. So if our storyline leads to just one person picking up the phone and seeking help when they need it, then it will have been worth showing - however hard it has been to watch sometimes."

Casualty continues on Saturday at 9.10pm on BBC One.

DS

taungfox
21-02-2011, 19:30
Stephen Lord has revealed that he has experienced a mixed reaction to his Casualty character Warren Clements.

Warren has been at the centre of a domestic violence storyline on the BBC medical drama in recent months, tormenting his wife Kirsty (Lucy Gaskell).

However, in an interview with The People, Lord explained that Warren's poor health has earned him some sympathy from fans despite his abusive ways.

The actor explained: "I would never defend what he did to Kirsty, not in a million years. But the fact he has muscular dystrophy and that he's been sat at home while she's been out flirting with her colleague Adam means it's not been absolutely black and white.

"I was over in Ireland when he first started getting violent. On the ferry going back to England, a woman said to me, 'I think your character is a real b**tard but I also feel for him because of his illness', and I do think people have a degree of sympathy for him."

He continued: "I rather like that the audience is in two minds about the story because I never wanted to play Warren as some kind of pantomime villain. Although, taken in isolation, I hope the domestic violence will prompt the right response from viewers.

"One in four people in this country suffer domestic violence; 25% of all recorded crime is domestic abuse. So if our storyline leads to just one person picking up the phone and seeking help when they need it, then it will have been worth showing - however hard it has been to watch sometimes."

Casualty continues on Saturday at 9.10pm on BBC One.

DS

This does reflect the way the scriptwriters morphed the storyline from the Muscular Dystrophy scenario into the more
populist and "blood and guts" issue of Wife Beating which would always get more ratings. Indeed the last two episodes
the name of Warren's condition was not even mentioned.
Not complaining though, at the Muscular Dydtrophy Campaign we think the diagnosis episode was brilliantly done and went a
long way to publicising a much misunderstood disease. Time constraints in such prime time TV mean none of their
stories get developed as much as they could be. Warren's MD could have filled a series all on it's own if they explored the issues fully. For instance the fact that Warren had inherited the MD from his abusive father Jimmy. That once diagnosed the first thing to do would be to DNA test daughter Nita who will have a 50 % chance of having the disease. Just not the time to do it justice. Glad they put their efforts into the diagnosis episode which was chillingly accuruate.
Well Done BBC.

taungfox
25-02-2011, 11:57

This is a very valid and understanding response. Thank you. Right on the point of non-visible disability. Indeed five years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia before the
Muscular Dystrophy symptoms "kicked in".
Our main point on the Warren storyline is that on balance the BBC did a valuable job in publicising the very misunderstood disease of Muscular Dystrophy and how
very difficult it is to diagnose. They just did not have time in a prime time show such as this to explore it further. I note many of their stories are infuriatingly truncated.
If they had continued to explore the story of Warren Clements they could have followed up the bombshell that the disease was inherited from from his abusive
father Jimmy and how much of a victim Warren is due to that. Also not mentioned is that there is a 50 % chance that daughter Nita has inherited the disease. What
terrible stress for affected families. The lilehood is that she would be an adult onset case and only find out at about the age of 40 by which time she would have children
of her own of whom 50 % would also have MD (and 50 % of their children of course).
It is an evil insidious disease, Thanks to the BBC.

taungfox
18-03-2011, 18:17
A Happy Ending to the Warren Clements Saga.

Actor Steven Lord who plays Muscular Dystrophy sufferer
Warren Clements has become greatly involved in helping
the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign fight the disease. We
enclose an article from our publication "Target MD" where
he relates how carefully he reseached his role.
This is the reason that we are pleased that he was able
to so accurately display this misunterstood disease.

"STEPHEN LORD DOESN’T play the nicest
characters on TV, but he has strongly voiced his
support for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign
after his character on Casualty was diagnosed
with muscular dystrophy last month.
“Throughout the autumn, BBC One viewers
saw Warren Clements at home, struggling with
what he thought was ME,” says Stephen. “Now
that he has a diagnosis of limb girdle muscular
dystrophy, I feel a huge responsibility to help
– and also make clear that Warren’s abusive
behaviour is not related to muscle disease.”
Stephen has already attended one Microscope
Ball and is becoming very personally involved
with the charity.
Stephen joined Casualty after EastEnders,
where for two years he played Dawn Swann’s
boyfriend Jase Dyer, who was dramatically
killed off the show in a mob-style murder.
Stephen says he was surprised to learn that his
Casualty character was to be diagnosed with
muscular dystrophy, but took the opportunity
to carefully research the role. BBC medical
advisors introduced him to people living with
muscle disease who told Stephen the hard
facts. “The condition can be so debilitating
that I wanted to support the charity that is
searching for a cure. It’s a small contribution
on my part to the lives of people who have
helped me play the role truthfully.” Stephen
especially wants to highlight the emotional
side of living with muscle disease. “People see
what the illness can do when they are made
aware of its physical effects, but the emotional
turmoil of living with it can engulf some. It
highlights the importance of having fully
integrated care and support."

Watching the Warren's Death episode for the fourth
time I had missed that Warren's mother definately related
that her husband beat her. It seems likely Warren was
more of a sad case and victim than we thought. As the
actor tells us above "the emotional turmoil of living with
it can engulf some".

JustJodi
07-05-2011, 15:30
I see no one is keeping up with Casulty?? Polly is dead, Jay is cancer free... no one seems to be watching this show any more ??? LOL I was shocked that Nick was not upset getting the clinical lead...he was quite nice about it :-O This new doctor is a bit creepy !!!!!!!!!

Abigail
12-05-2011, 17:32
I've been watching.

I like Dylan, he's interesting. I think there's something going on with him though (let's be honest, there always is with new characters!)

Polly dying makes me feel indifferent. She's always struck me as over the top and annoying.

I wonder if Jay and Ruth will ever get back together :hmm:

parkerman
12-05-2011, 18:37
I've been watching but I think it's lost its way a bit. I think the whole clinical lead saga was ridiculous and very unrealistic.

I'm still hanging in there but it might not be long before I join the ranks of ex-watchers!

alan45
13-05-2011, 13:53
Who would actually fancy being a patient in Holby. If its not the staff being killed ar dying tragically its patients who suffer because of the Ego trips of the doctors. Oh yes and mentioning doctors Boy Valentine isnt even qualified and Dr Big Ego is content to cover it up. Thank God for BUPA

Abigail
13-05-2011, 13:54
Who would actually fancy being a patient in Holby. If its not the staff being killed ar dying tragically its patients who suffer because of the Ego trips of the doctors. Oh yes and mentioning doctors Boy Valentine isnt even qualified and Dr Big Ego is content to cover it up. Thank God for BUPA

Dylan isn't qualified? I'm so out of the loop.

JustJodi
13-05-2011, 13:56
Dylan isn't qualified? I'm so out of the loop.

Hes talking about Ollie on Holby sweetie ....

Abigail
13-05-2011, 13:58
Hes talking about Ollie on Holby sweetie ....

:wall: I understand now. My brain is going to mush with this research :p

alan45
13-05-2011, 15:26
:wall: I understand now. My brain is going to mush with this research :p

My Fault entirely. I was talking about Holby the hospital and not just A&E

JustJodi
04-06-2011, 14:03
Ok now what do u folks think is going to become of Maddy?? Seems like she has been attacked by a Asian taxi driver..this may sound bad, but shes going to be struggling with her religion and telling her future husband she is no longer "pure" I think this will give Lenny and Mads a jump start on their relationship, and can see Lenny 'growing up" a bit ..What do U guys think ????Now that Tess is gone..I guess Charlie will step in and fill her shoes ??? Looking forward finding out what happens to Mads tonight .....

JustJodi
04-06-2011, 22:50
this was a very interesting episode..did any one watch it ????????????????????

parkerman
05-06-2011, 09:13
Yes, I watched it!

Abigail
05-06-2011, 16:12
I watched it. I so wish she had told Lenny. This is going to be really interesting because of Mads' religion and culture.

alan45
20-08-2011, 20:12
Items used in the television series Casualty are to be sold to raise funds for Bristol Children's Hospital.

The BBC show filmed its final scenes in the city where it has been based for 25 years before its move to Cardiff.

A Holby Hospital sign, scrubs worn by the character Charlie Fairhead, photo IDs used by the characters and a clapperboard used in the last programme are all to be sold.

The items will be auctioned online and funds raised donated to the hospital.

"Bristol has played a vital part in the success of Casualty and we are hugely grateful to the people of the city for putting up with us for all these years," said executive producer Jonathan Young.

Derek Thompson, who plays Charlie Fairhead, said there was good memorabilia in the auction and added the neighbouring Bristol Royal Infirmary had given a lot of support to the programme.

"It's a great way to to raise money for the Grand Appeal and to show our support for all the help the BRI has given us over the years," he said.

Casualty will join a growing stable of BBC drama programmes to be produced in new studios in Cardiff Bay, including Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Abbie
21-08-2011, 23:09
Is it just me or are there a lot of nurses in the show now?

alan45
22-08-2011, 00:46
HE BBC got more than 60 complaints from Scotland after a doctor on hit show Casualty claimed drug abuse was a "national pastime".
Furious viewers bombarded the Beeb after the controversial exchange between English doctor Nick Jordan and his Scottish junior Lenny Lyons.
In the opening scene of the Saturday night drama, doctors were seen battling to save the life of a young heroin addict, rushed to hospital with a needle sticking out of his arm.
When 40 minutes of resuscitation proved fruitless, Scots-born junior doctor Lenny Lyons voiced his frustration over having to treat self-inflicted illnesses.
Emergency room boss Nick Jordan - played by Michael French - told him: "I thought you would be more sympathetic to heroin users."
When the Scot, played by 29-year-old actor Steven Miller, from Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire, asked what he meant, his boss replied: "You are Scottish. It's a national pastime."
Labour's health spokeswoman Jackie Baillie said: "This is just insulting nonsense, which has no basis in fact.
"The BBC should not engage in this type of ill-informed cultural stereotyping."
Fan Steve Frew said: "This is not the first time the show has put us down as a nation.
"Every time you get a drunk or a tramp on Casualty, he turns out to be a Scot.
"Now they've made us famous for being drug addicts too."
The Scottish Drugs Forum said: "Figures show that 0.3 per cent of Scotland's population used heroin within the last year - that can hardly be described as a national pastime."
Last night, the BBC admitted that they had received a total of 62 complaints.
A spokeswoman said: "Dr Lyons is well known to viewers as a patriotic and passionate Scot.
"His banter with Dr Jordan about his lack of sympathy towards the death of a drug addict is a reflection of his hot-headed temperament and strong moral code.
"There was no intention to cause any offence to viewers."
The Scottish government recently reported a drop in the number of drug deaths in the country, with heroin and morphine accounting for half of the 485 total in 2010.
Community Safety Minister Roseanna Cunningham said: "Tackling the misuse of drugs is a complex issue which the Scottish Government have been working hard to address.
"Our national drugs strategy offers a framework to tackle Scotland's legacy of drugs misuse through action, not words."
In 2007, a plan to screen a Muslim terror attack on Casualty was axed following an internal row.
It was reported that producers had already started shooting the controversial episode but were overruled by Beeb bosses.
The episode was said to have featured a Muslim terrorist detonating a suicide bomb at a bus station.
But editorial guideline staff said it breached editorial and ethical standards.
Instead, the attack was portrayed as having been the work of extreme animal rights activists.

(c) [email protected]

xcarlyx
11-12-2011, 17:34
Last night's episode was one of the best programmes that I have watched in a while. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Well done Casualtty

StarsOfCCTV
11-12-2011, 18:30
I watched last weeks and this weeks having not watched Casualty since August and now Ruth and Jay have just upped and left! I hadn't read any spoilers or anything so I was a bit shocked but awww what a lovely exit. I LOVE that they got a happy ending.

& I also love how when Casualty wants to rebuild its set etc (or in this case make the big move to Cardiff) there's always a fire/explosion. Typical Casualty. :D

& I find it amusing that the new doctor and Dylan are 'technically' married. They do seem suited, although I'll have to watch some of the previous episodes she's been in.

parkerman
12-12-2011, 10:18
Last night's episode was one of the best programmes that I have watched in a while. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Well done Casualtty

Yes, I was on the edge of my seat too worrying that they might kill off the gorgeous Zoe.

Actually, if I was in Casualty I'd refuse to appear in the last episode of a series as this sort of thing is bound to happen!

JustJodi
12-12-2011, 15:06
Yes, I was on the edge of my seat too worrying that they might kill off the gorgeous Zoe.

Actually, if I was in Casualty I'd refuse to appear in the last episode of a series as this sort of thing is bound to happen!

Hi, did I miss something ?? a spoiler or something ??? guess I did :-(

JustJodi
12-12-2011, 15:08
I watched last weeks and this weeks having not watched Casualty since August and now Ruth and Jay have just upped and left! I hadn't read any spoilers or anything so I was a bit shocked but awww what a lovely exit. I LOVE that they got a happy ending.

& I also love how when Casualty wants to rebuild its set etc (or in this case make the big move to Cardiff) there's always a fire/explosion. Typical Casualty. :D

& I find it amusing that the new doctor and Dylan are 'technically' married. They do seem suited, although I'll have to watch some of the previous episodes she's been in.

it is not often our night time shows have happy endings,,like Jay and Ruth,, I mean that was so cool they left in a VW van awesome happy ending all they needed was some PEACE decals on the side of the van LOL I throughly enjoyed the show Sat nite, it was the bite your nails and end of your seat type of thing,, but I cursed that silly little kid for being STUPID,,,

pipette
12-12-2011, 21:01
Loved the episode on saturday for a moment I thought they were gonna give Lenny a shock exit or even Zoe or Dylan but not Ruth and Jay oh noo, I think the writers released if they killed either one of those two off and didn't give them a happy ending then they would loose serious viewing figures. Loved the ending with Charlie and Jordan too made me laugh after having bitten my nails for the best part of an hour.

LFC FOR LIFE YNWA JFT96

xcarlyx
13-12-2011, 18:47
I want Dylan and Zoe to get together

parkerman
14-12-2011, 06:17
I want Dylan and Zoe to get together

Personally, I just want Zoe....:)

TaintedLove
23-07-2012, 05:36
Does anyone know Casualty is coming back please? I don`t see any spoilers later than July 21st.
:(

TaintedLove
23-07-2012, 05:36
Does anyone know Casualty is coming back please? I don`t see any spoilers later than July 21st.

JustJodi
23-07-2012, 13:36
I bet it will come back on the Saturday after the closing ceremonies of the Olympics,, I thought the 2 parter was great,, want to see what happens with Yvonne, and Scarlett

TaintedLove
24-07-2012, 19:34
Thanks JustJodi
The riot scenes were chilling weren`t they. And like you, I`m looking forward to hearing more about Scarlett and Yvonne. I hope Yvonne survies.
It was good to see Wesleys wife get arrested too. She`s the one who started all of it.

TaintedLove
Thanks JustJodi
The riot scenes were chilling weren`t they. And like you, I`m looking forward to hearing more about Scarlett and Yvonne. I hope Yvonne survies.
It was good to see Wesleys wife get arrested too. She`s the one who started all of it.

TaintedLove
What is with all the double posts lately?

TaintedLove

JustJodi
24-07-2012, 21:41
Faith started it all, I am just glad the autopsy showed all the "evidence' that pointed to her. Wesley was drug free and Faith was the coke head.( that has not been said YET but we know it will come out ). cops got it all wrong,,glad that part was resolved...

JustJodi
24-07-2012, 21:42

Did U report it to the adminstration ??????

TaintedLove
24-09-2012, 22:19
Fingers crossed all is well now.
:)

TaintedLove
24-09-2012, 22:19
Fingers crossed all is well now.
:)

Splashy
01-03-2016, 09:43
No Reeta in last eppp :cheer::cheer::cheer::

alan45
06-03-2016, 11:10
Surely in the real world Lofty would have been taken off duty after being involved in the death of the Bank nurse.

flappinfanny
07-05-2016, 23:53
We finally get a good episode of Casualty. Sad to see Zoe leave. Poor Max. :( Glad Jaye Griffiths has joined the cast, a good actor. Loved her in the Bill. She may be a spy for Hanssen? It looks like they have history and know each other?

Robyn is really annoying. Almost smack in the mouth annoying. I thought the scenes with Dylan and Zoe were lovely.

lizann
08-05-2016, 00:08
was thinking zoe was going to die, really like new oddball david

Splashy
29-05-2016, 00:26
Love this show but oh boy do I have issues with Fishty Freds spawn on this show....Reeeeta ..the creation of him off Eastenders fish stall is just a dire actress,appalling useless and soul sucklingly terrible just dosent touch describing how incompetent she is in the role. (I may need an intervention over my Reeet hating)

I mean I loved the painting sitcom back in the day and I soaked up the Minders, Terry s off spring in EE, even thou she did my nut in with her pronunciation of BABY but this is beyond the pale. ..(love that term, its far from PC now but dosent confuse folk as much as saying pouring oil on stormy waters)

Splashy
29-05-2016, 00:27
Love this show but oh boy do I have issues with Fishty Freds spawn on this show....Reeeeta ..the creation of him off Eastenders fish stall is just a dire actress,appalling useless and soul sucklingly terrible just dosent touch describing how incompetent she is in the role. (I may need an intervention over my Reeet hating)

I mean I loved the painting sitcom back in the day and I soaked up the Minders, Terry s off spring in EE, even thou she did my nut in with her pronunciation of BABY but this is beyond the pale. ..(love that term, its far from PC now but dosent confuse folk as much as saying pouring oil on stormy waters)

lizann
27-08-2016, 21:54
so no deaths so far, was thinking cal was a goner, fletch could die in holby city, good 30 anniversary episode