PDA

View Full Version : Den proved a point

callummc
10-03-2005, 01:16
Does anyone agree that Den proved in a peculiar way that he did love Dennis by sleeping with Zoey,When he said "dennis was well rid of her i think he was right,i mean what father would want his son with a girl who will sleep with anyone just to get her own way.

Jade
10-03-2005, 01:18
Uh no!! :) I think Den and Dennis have a very twisted Father and Son relationship. Den may have been able to justify it in his own head but anyone else's :confused:

callummc
10-03-2005, 01:29
They certainly have a strained relationship probably cos Den didn't know he existed and found it hard to communicate with Dennis,this is where i think EE messed up,they should have spent more time on scripts and slowly built a bond between the 2 of them instead of continuing with the shannis storyline which in my opinion was only any good till Den found out i mean what father would allow his son to sleep with a daughter he had brought up as his own.I think Dennis seeing Sam and Sharon seeing Andy would have been a far better storyline,and it would have really sent Den round the twist.

Alisha
10-03-2005, 01:53
From Den's perspective, I could see why he would not want them to be under the circumstances but walking into the vic with the intention of destroying his son mentally (despite what he had just found out) was pure evil. He went to far and has manipulated Dennis throughout the year. Though I must say -fantastic episode and brilliantly acted by everyone. That was one of my favourate last year and the scipts was fab. I also thought Den useing his own daughters fertility against them was the lowest of low.

Im glad that they continued with the Shannis storyline beause it was obvious that they were far from over and it would have been very unrealistisc if they went back to being brother and sister, especially after portraying the depth of thier feelings to the viewers in such a way. They had me convinced and I know Im not alone in saying that. I think you have nit a nail on the head over Zoe though and the aftermarth of Den's discovery. I think that was the turning point in the storyline and the part where the scriptwritters messed up big time. The great thing about the whole Sharon and Dennis story was the family (mainly Den). However viewers were pathetically fobbed of with Zoe - a love stuck distraction which wasn't in the same league as Den and it went on for months. It was so pointless. Speaking as a Shannis fan, I was not happy with the twist within the story because all of a sudden it was like the story was all about Sharon/Dennis/Zoe when in actual fact it was Dennis/Den/Sharon. I dont think anything would tops Den's reaction to finding out that is princess is sleeping with his son Dennis. Im glad that ee went down that road as its was a great storyline. Too bad tptb dont know a good thing when they see it. Although I cant agree on Dennis and Sam, I would have loved to see Sharon and Andy date for a while. Not only for Den's reaction but Dennis's aswell. It would be intresting especially how he regards Andy as a close freind. Beats Sharon/Dennis/Zoe. :rolleyes:

As for Zoe, I dont think Den particually liked her either but just put up with her for the hell of it. Afterall it was keeping Sharon and Dennis apart and thats all that mattered to him. I do think though that even if Dennis and Zoe made a proper go of things and were happy together for a while, Den wouldn't like it and try and sawy Dennis into his way of thinking. e.g, when he tried to persuade Dennis to sleep with another women while he was with Zoe.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 05:17
I never liked "Zonnis" as it is affectionately known but I did like the way it developed into the plot that left us with Den being murdered with a blow to the head from a dog shaped doorstop.