PDA

View Full Version : Being Human

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 08:20
At work most people have been going about this for the last few weeks and I wondered has anyone been watching this?

What is it about?

Is it worth watching

Meh
06-09-2009, 10:46
More about it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/beinghuman/about/

Looks OK. Can't say it really grabs me by its synopsis

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 10:48
I have read it and was fighting to keep my eyes open - it's not the type of thing I can see myself getting into. i wonder why on Friday so many people are talking about it.....?

Meh
06-09-2009, 10:51
Maybe its worth giving it a go. Its probably on iPlayer

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 10:57
The last time I gave something a go I was disappointed. I thought I needed something new to watch so started watching Personal Affairs

Meh
06-09-2009, 11:14
If you need something new to watch and haven't done so already, watch Lost.

Best
Show
Ever

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 11:18
Lost I never got into :(
I watched series 1 and that was all I could take. Unlike 24 which I loved from the moment I started watching

Meh
06-09-2009, 11:21
Lost is the only show that had me hooked from the first episode.

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 11:30
It didn't with me I don't know why - has it ended now? Did they get off the Island?

Meh
06-09-2009, 11:37
Last season airs early next year.

Yes, some got of the island and then they had to go back

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 11:40
I think my curious nature is kicking in now and I may have to look into watching this just to see what happened to the characters.

Kirsty :]
06-09-2009, 12:18
Hannelene, I watched Being Human... I loved it!!!

I'm not big on things like that, but it was really good.
I definately reccomend it :)

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 12:33
Really? So most that have been talking about it have good reason to?

Kirsty :]
06-09-2009, 12:39
Yes definately. I enjoyed it because it has everythign in it.. there's romance, humour, it's quite gory at some points too lol. There's a good twist in Series 1 :)

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 12:40
What series is being shown at the moment on TV?

LostVoodoo
06-09-2009, 14:23
i absolutely LOVE Being Human! it works on so many levels; its hilarious in places but also so touching and sad and a little bit scary too. all the actors are perfect for their roles too.

i think series 1 is being shown on BBC1 at the moment and on iPlayer. they're recording series 2 now so it'll probably be on BBC3 sometime early next year. can't wait!

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 14:24
Is it a British Drama or American?

LostVoodoo
06-09-2009, 17:17
British, it's set in Bristol. and very British in some of its humour too.

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 19:47
I may see if I can watch it on iplayer

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 19:47
is this still on series 1?

lizann
02-11-2009, 12:13
BBC America has announced the air date for the premiere of the supernatural drama Being Human. Make sure you set some time aside to check it out at 9pm (ET/PT) on July 25, 2009.

Being Human follows the story of a Vampire (Aidan Turner), a Werewolf (Russell Tovey) and a Ghost (Lenora Crichlow) who all share a flat in Bristol and who battle their dark natures – and those of their enemies. It is part drama, part comedy and part supernatural thriller.

Although the first season of Being Human ran for only six episodes in the UK, the series received instant critical acclaim and by episode five it had been approved for an 8 episode second season. By the time its sixth episode had aired its viewer numbers were almost as high as Lost.

It has been called one of the best new series to hit television screens in a long time and so US viewers would be wise to check it out in July.

For UK fans the second season of Being Human is scheduled to commence filming in August with a planned UK air date during January 2010.

LostVoodoo
03-11-2009, 20:45
January?! ooh fabulous, I thought we were going to have to wait forever for the new series :)

LostVoodoo
27-12-2009, 15:12
Series 2 starts on January 10th, hope you're all as excited as me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fgoD8UpfnI - here's the trailer

LostVoodoo
03-01-2010, 11:32
All the Being Human fans need to head over to the Centre for the Study of Supernatural Activity (CenSSA) website the BBC have set up. It's a fictional site for a parallel storyline and is really well done, it's given me the creeps so they've done their job!

http://censsa.co.uk/

LostVoodoo
10-01-2010, 11:48
new series starts tonight, so excited! Also, there's a special video from Lloyd online on the CenSSA website at 7pm tonight - he's found the house and knows about George, Mitchell and Annie!

Perdita
11-01-2010, 14:19
Lenora Crichlow has teased that the series two finale of Being Human will leave fans wanting more.

Speaking exclusively to DS, she revealed that the plot takes "a massive twist" which will lead into a third series.

"It's very exciting where Annie ends up and it's definitely not a happy ending!" she said.

"There's a really exciting end and a massive twist. It happens to Annie but it has ramifications for everybody."

Crichlow added that her character Annie will contemplate a romantic relationship in the show's second series, but that she will eventually "get beaten down and down and down".

Being Human returned for its second series Sunday, January 10 on BBC Three.

Perdita
11-01-2010, 14:21
2009 was all about the Being Human boys: within a matter of months we gave you a sneak peek at series two via Russell Tovey and Aidan Turner. But now, since we've hit a new year, we thought it best to turn our attentions to the girls. Ahead of Human's return on Sunday, we hooked up with leading ladies Lenora Crichlow and Sinead Keenan - the show's resident ghost and is-she-isn't-she werewolf respectively - to find out what's in store this time around. Is a happy ending in sight? Read on to find out!

Where does series two pick up?
LC: "A few things have changed: Nina's moved in and she's kind of with George, Annie's visible having confronted all of her stuff, and Mitchell is back on the wagon. Their friendships are really cemented now, so when things starts happening to them as individuals, it really changes the dynamic of the house. There's a lot more at stake now that they're friends."
SK: "It picks up 27 days after we left series one. George has killed Herrick, Annie has got her mojo back, and Mitchell feels he's moved away from the vampire lot. Meanwhile, upstairs in the bathroom Nina's discovering a couple of scratches she didn't have before and panicking! Certainly from Nina's point of view this first episode kicks off with is she/isn't she..."

And is she?
SK: "I couldn't possibly say but it's very exciting!"

Has it been different playing this new side to her?
SK: "Well, that's if there is a new side to her! I couldn't possibly say. She's a lot more present in this series than the last one. She's moved in so when we start the first episode she's living with George, Annie and Mitchell so she's very much at the centre of things."

What's her relationship with George like?
SK: "In those 27 days it's gone through a lot. You find out your boyfriend's a werewolf and that you're living with a ghost and a vampire! It's not necessarily what somebody from the medical profession would naturally encounter so that's all a bit weird. There are cracks beginning to show for various reasons."

How do you think she'd cope if she'd been turned?
SK: "In the first series you see that she's been scarred and when you first see her meet George she's very stand-offish - she's built up this barrier. Slowly, throughout the first series, you see that something's clearly gone on there and underneath she's quite vulnerable but she's learnt to cope with whatever, and you find out what those scars are in the first episode as well. So she's coped with that and I think she's very strong and she has good coping mechanisms. If she was turned she would just get on with it but it would be very difficult, naturally."

And if she wasn't would that put a strain on their relationship?
SK: "There are so many questions whether she is or she isn't - what does this mean for their relationship? Once a month do they steer clear for a couple of days? If we have kids will they be kids or will they be pups? There's lots to find out."

What's in store for Annie this series?
LC: "When we first meet Annie again, she's very excitable. But throughout the series she gets beaten down again and again and again. Poor girl! She questions the idea of a relationship, but there's not a romantic one for her at the moment. Now that she's a poltergeist, she's got an up and down journey. She's got more powers though like reading auras."

The first series had the vampire mythology as the overriding theme. Is there a big theme this time?
SK: "The overriding theme - certainly the threat last time - was vampire. This time it's human and all the more scary for it in a way. It's human - all about the humans."

What can you tell us about the end of series two?
LC: "It's very exciting where Annie ends up and it's definitely not a happy ending! There's a really exciting end and a massive twist. It happens to Annie but it has ramifications for everybody..."

Dazzle
11-01-2010, 14:45
I really enjoyed the first episode of the second series. It looks like series 2 will be even better than the first.

tammyy2j
20-10-2010, 12:00
A third series of paranormal drama Being Human will air on BBC Three early next year, but there's another treat in store for fans of the show. Filming has now begun on a US remake, featuring former Smallville star Sam Witwer as the tortured vamp Aidan! The show is due to air on Syfy net year and also stars Sam Huntington as the werewolf Josh and Meaghan Rath as the ghostly Sally. Get a first look at the new trio below!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AkrZ09GYiws/TCjbII0uMvI/AAAAAAAASD4/i7KLWoQZPPU/s1600/beinghuman_uscast.jpg