PDA

View Full Version : Chelesa FC

tammyy2j
03-09-2009, 15:10
Chelsea have been banned from registering any new players for the next two transfer windows in a shock move by FIFA after being found guilty of inducing a French teenager to breach his contract with another club.

Gael Kakuta, 18, joined Chelsea from Lens two years ago after which the French club lodged a complaint with FIFA.

Now FIFA's dispute resolution chamber has ruled that Kakuta breached his contract with Lens and that Chelsea induced him to do so.

They now cannot make any signings until January 2011, while the player has been fined £682,000 and banned for four months.

FIFA said in a statement: "The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

"The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such breach.

"As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of 780,000 euros (£682,000), for which the club, Chelsea, is jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches is imposed on the player Gael Kakuta while the club Chelsea is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.

"Furthermore, Chelsea, has to pay RC Lens training compensation in the amount of 130,000 euros (£114,000)."

Katy
04-09-2009, 23:40
2 transfer windows is a lot!

This could be awful for them in the long run. I think alot of there loan players who are at other clubs will be returning.

Chloe O'brien
05-09-2009, 00:42
this is devasting news for the club if they want to win the championship. The only chance they have against Man U is to hope that Man U drop points throughout the season.

Katy
05-09-2009, 19:09
You mean the mighty Man City arent you favourites to win the league (i am living in a dreamworld i know! )

It is, i mean if you look at all clubs you want to move forward especially with a new ish manager they want to bring there own type of player to the club,

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2009, 01:11
If I was to pick a team in the Premership who I wanted to win the league it would be Liverpool. But ideally we know it's more likely to be Man U. It's just a matter of time before they start banging in the goals.

lizann
06-11-2009, 12:23
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has granted Chelsea's request to suspend their transfer ban.

Fifa ruled against Chelsea in August when they deemed that the English club had induced teenager Gael Kakuta to break his contract with Lens.

As punishment for this, the world's governing body imposed a transfer ban on Chelsea and stated they could not register new players for two transfer windows.

This meant Chelsea would not be able to sign a new player until 2011. However the Blues have successfully lobbied CAS that their ban should be suspended until their full appeal against Fifa's decision is heard by the Swiss-based court.

This now means that Chelsea will be in a position to buy players in January, if they wish.

CAS also ruled that Gael Kakuta - who was banned from playing for four months - has also had his suspension 'stayed' making him available for selection.

The CAS statement read: "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has granted the request for a stay filed by Chelsea Football Club Ltd and Mr Gaël Kakuta in relation to the decision taken by the Fifa Dispute Resolution Chamber on 27 August 2009.

"The Fifa Dispute Resolution Chamber imposed, inter alia, a restriction of four months' ineligibility on Mr Gael Kakuta, and Chelsea Football Club Ltd was banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the next two complete, consecutive registration periods.

"Such sanctions are now stayed until the CAS renders its final decision in this matter."

As of yet, Chelsea are yet to receive a date from CAS for their appeal - although this is not now expected until after January.