PDA

View Full Version : Bill Episode Discussion

DaVeyWaVey
28-08-2009, 15:18
Discuss episodes of The Bill here :)

I wasn't too keen on last night's episode at all which is surprising as I've loved all the other 9pm episodes so far.

It really did remind me of the American dramas last night. The shots on the gangs were reminiscent of the camera shots we see on US shows like The Wire.

The story wasn't strong enough to stretch over an hour. It didn't really hold my interest at all and I guessed that girl did the murder 20 minutes in - predictable!

They also seem to be trying to tackle token issues such as race, but it's being handled really poorly.

Uniform characters are still being underused too...

Hope next week is better.

Abigail
28-08-2009, 15:21
I have to agree Dave, last night's program was poor. I didn't think it was a good idea to bring the Sisolou's back into another story, they're dull and boring.

The scriptwriters are going to have to up their game if ITV are to continue showing The Bill in the new year. At the current standard, I don't blame people for switching over. The storylines are hardly gritty and explosive as we were promised.

alan45
28-08-2009, 15:32
Ooops a new Bill episode discussion forum.

I have to say Im not a particular fan of the new Bill. It just seems biased towards CID. They are in danger of making it a cheap clone of an american cop show. Where has the new Jacob ''Is it coz I's black'' Banks appeared from.

Last nights episode was poor in the extreme. Full of stereotypes.

What has happened to the uniform coppers. Have they all been transferred.

Is Sun Hill a CID only station.

Chloe O'brien
28-08-2009, 23:49
Sorry if it's the wrong place, but I haven't seen any of the new episodes since they were axed in scotland. Which night on ITV 3 can I see them or are they on itvplayer.

thestud2k7
29-08-2009, 03:41
they should rename the bill to sun hill CID! where are the uniform based storylines sort it out!!!!!!!!!!!

parkerman
29-08-2009, 09:34
I have to agree with the comments above about this week's episode. But, frankly, I have been distinctly unimpressed since The Bill changed to 9:00 to allow for "grittier" episodes. I think it has lost its intimacy; the "characters" seem more distant somehow and not like real people as they did before. It is more like a film than real life. What should have offset this - i.e. the grittiness - I have failed to see. I don't think that any of these stories so far could not have been shown at the old time of 8:00.

Maybe running the whole thing down to make it more unpopular is ITV's precursor to axing the show altogether.

DaVeyWaVey
03-09-2009, 22:37
Will there be a moral message to every episode each week? It's all getting a bit annoying now. "Don't judge people in care" was clearly the message they wanted to bring across in this episode. So blindingly obvious and Neil's confrontation with Max was so contrived and shoe horned in. Max's comment may have been a bit inappropriate, but it didn't need to evoke that much of a response!

Apart from that, the episode was watchable. The ending was really emotional and I did have a tear in my eye. The actress who played Maxine was extremely good.

Still a bit peed off by the lack of uniform presence though...

thestud2k7
03-09-2009, 22:50
I agree it was watchable but why is it C.I.D based again??????????????

alan45
03-09-2009, 23:01
I was really disappointed in tonights episode. Uniform precence 4m 34 secs. WTF is going on. Has Paul Marquess returned to put the final nail in the coffin of what was once Britains Best TV Cop show.

If it continues like this I wont be watching it.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

thestud2k7
03-09-2009, 23:04
they should rename it Sun Hill CID

Abigail
03-09-2009, 23:04
What's with the sudden fascination with the incident room? It was only used a few times in the 8pm slot, now we have murders and all sorts on the incident room white board.

The show is going in completely the wrong direction. It's now the Neil Manson and CID Show.

So far I have yet to see the new format deliver anything that was promised.

parkerman
04-09-2009, 08:54
I can't understand this fascination with Neil Manson. He's taken over. Does he have some sort of hold over Paul Marquess? Are there fivers in old brown paper bags being exchanged?

Not only have the uniformed police been completely sidelined but so has Jack. He gets his well-deserved promotion to Superintendent only to disappear from our screens.

When they closed Broad Street Station in London (bear with me, there is a point to this...), Liverpool Street took over the Watford service, but they kept cancelling the trains at the last minute and it became very unreliable, so people who wanted to go to Watford started using other methods, i.e. the Underground. In the end, British Rail (as it was in those days) said that not enough people were using the Watford service so they were axing it altogether. It seems to me this is what is happening to The Bill. Run it down, then say not enough people are watching it and axe it.

alan45
04-09-2009, 11:35
It seems to me this is what is happening to The Bill. Run it down, then say not enough people are watching it and axe it.

I would be inclined to agree with you there although after the soaps and X Factor Clones the Bill is one of ITVs most popular shows so it seems stupid to me that they are alienating the shows core viewers.

Its not just here on SB that people are complaining about the all new CID Bill but on other forums as well. Its unlikely that ITV will listen to the fans. After all look how long they kept the Chimp and Kiddiecop for.

DaVeyWaVey
04-09-2009, 14:54
It is silly if they are wishing it to fail. Very few shows get over 4 million these days on ITV - they are in real trouble if they let go of The Bill, as it's so long running and iconic.

Abigail
04-09-2009, 17:52
they are in real trouble if they let go of The Bill, as it's so long running and iconic.

ITV and TalkbackThames are already in trouble. They need to pull something out of the hat soon if the show is going to survive past the new year.

I'm not one for conspiracies but when a program has ~5million regular viewers, it's hard to axe. Change the format and airing time, make it clash with programs like The Mentalist and New Tricks and whaddya know, viewer numbers drop below the four million mark within weeks :thumbsdow

If ITV are wanting a cut of my tv license fee then they better up their game. The quality of programs they produce and buy is shocking compared to the BBC channels.

alan45
11-09-2009, 11:06
Thats it!!!!!!!!

I've had it with The Bill.

This once great and realistic show has degenerated into a dark place. Since moving to it nine o'clock slot it has become totally CID orientated. Just as when Marquess was the Producer they seem obsessed with one type of storyline. Gone are the good old days when there was a bit of a laugh with the likes of Reggiebabe, Jim Carter and of course the delicious St June.

Then the Bill was a REALISTIC programme showing the everyday lives of London's Finest. Of course in the past they had a few ridiculous storylines too but the least said about Gabriel K*nt and the equally ridiculous Kiddiecop the better.

Even looking at the spoilers for the next few episodes I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel. Next week we have the Mad Max show where he again follows his own agenda.

So thats it no more Bill for me for a while. Ive had enough of the crap for now. They are trying to copy an American cop show and failing miserably:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

parkerman
13-09-2009, 09:16
Thats it!!!!!!!!

They are trying to copy an American cop show and failing miserably:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Got it in a nutshell, alan.

parkerman
16-10-2009, 07:49
Another night of DS Carter and DI Manson last night. Yawn....

alan45
16-10-2009, 09:48
It really was pathetic last night. The way he spoke with Leon was particularly unbelievable. In fact the whole storyline was rubbish.:wall: :wall:

Abigail
16-10-2009, 09:59
I watched the first part and fell asleep. The Bill is really up the creak. There's very little right with it at the moment.

alan45
16-10-2009, 10:24
It has become woeful since they changed to the new format. The producers seemed to have forgotten the age old maxim. 'If its not broken dont fix it'

The Bill was excellent in its old format with just the right interaction between the Uniform and Cid branches. It allowed realistic stories to develop (Kiddiecop being the obvious exception) and showed in my opinion a realistc portrayal of police life.

What they are trying to do now is show a new moody Detective Show based around the wonderful Max Carter and his tales and exploits. Max like Samantha Smug before him follows his own somewhat dodgy agenda and disregards everyone. In reality he would have done this once or maybe twice before having his wings well and truly clipped. Manson is a weak DI for leting him away with it.

The Bill as I have already said are trying to emulate an American Cop Show and have in my opinion failed miserably,

Abigail
22-10-2009, 22:01
Not a bad episode considering the usual tripe we've had to endure recently. Minimal CID involvement, back to real police work, I enjoyed it.

thestud2k7
22-10-2009, 22:51
Not a bad episode considering the usual tripe we've had to endure recently. Minimal CID involvement, back to real police work, I enjoyed it.

yes agreed abigail i hope keeps on with next weeks

alan45
23-10-2009, 00:44
Have to disagree. Thought tonights episode was poorly scripted, poorly researched and very poorly acted.

The Bill appears to have lost the plot.

parkerman
23-10-2009, 08:33
Who were all those strange people wearing uniforms last night?

alan45
03-11-2009, 13:02
Having just watched last Thursday's (29 Oct) episode of The Bill I have to say it was a load of old TOSH. What a pathetic last episode for Tony Stamp. He just happened to mention by the way to Smithy that he had applied for and been accepted for the job at Hendon.

Unless things have changed then surely both Smithy and Callum would have been aware of his application as it would have passed through the chain of command. That aside they should have had a much better storyline for Tony's last episode.

The decision to scrap all our favourite characters will come back to haunt them. They have totally ruined TB and personally I do not care whether I ever see another epsiode of this piss poor programme any more:angry:

parkerman
03-11-2009, 13:03
Exactly what I thought about his application, alan. Surely Smithy would have been asked for a report on him.

However, it wasn't Tony's last episode. This week is Tony's last.

alan45
03-11-2009, 13:09
Exactly what I thought about his application, alan. Surely Smithy would have been asked for a report on him.

However, it wasn't Tony's last episode. This week is Tony's last.

In my day you would have submitted the application through your Sgt to the Inspector. Both would have wriiten their views on it and passed it on up the line. Even if that is not now the case it would have been common knowledge on the Station Rumour Network.

Thanks for letting me know about Tonys last episode. I may just watch it then although the trailer with ludicrous Leon was enough to put me off.

alan45
06-11-2009, 00:14
What a woeful episode tonight. A complete disgrace for Tony Stamps last episode befor he leaves the sinking shi* that is The Bill.

The hole episod was poor. They arrested Gavin way at the start. I wonder where they got their power of arrest from as no-one had even mentioned him being there. As for that music. ITS CRAP!!!!!! and no doubt someone got paid a fortune to write it:angry: :angry: :angry:

thestud2k7
06-11-2009, 00:20
What a woeful episode tonight. A complete disgrace for Tony Stamps last episode befor he leaves the sinking shi* that is The Bill.

The hole episod was poor. They arrested Gavin way at the start. I wonder where they got their power of arrest from as no-one had even mentioned him being there. As for that music. ITS CRAP!!!!!! and no doubt someone got paid a fortune to write it:angry: :angry: :angry:

Why are you suprised alan? look how they wrote out reg hollis

alan45
06-11-2009, 00:50
Bet the suits at Thames are sorry now that they binned so many good actors. If the Max Carter show keeps going the way it is then I cant see it lasting past next year

parkerman
08-03-2010, 19:01
Did anyone notice anything strange about the latest episode of The Bill?

There were lots of people wearing uniforms in it. Who were they?

parkerman
23-06-2010, 10:29
I saw Sun Hall CID (Formerly The Bill) for the first time in a couple of months last night. It was dire! The two stars were - gasp gasp - DI Manson and DS Carter. There was hardly a uniform in sight and the story was absolute garbage.

It's very sad to have to say this but it seems the decision to pull the programme is the only thing that can now be done to put it out of its misery...

alan45
23-06-2010, 12:09
I saw Sun Hall CID (Formerly The Bill) for the first time in a couple of months last night. It was dire! The two stars were - gasp gasp - DI Manson and DS Carter. There was hardly a uniform in sight and the story was absolute garbage.

It's very sad to have to say this but it seems the decision to pull the programme is the only thing that can now be done to put it out of its misery...
You are a braver man than me Gunga Din. I just cant bear to even look at it now. Sad to think how good this programme once was.

Splashy
01-03-2016, 09:26
Watching the show on W and DRAMA ...its pre drunk camera man and annoying mood music that killed it off.

Versus that new cops excrement from the BBC this needs to come back as was with no mood music and arty farty producers.

Splashy
01-03-2016, 09:26
Watching the show on W and DRAMA ...its pre drunk camera man and annoying mood music that killed it off.

Versus that new cops excrement from the BBC this needs to come back as was with no mood music and arty farty producers.

Splashy
15-09-2016, 17:39
Oh boy the Bill on Drama Chanel has got to the Louise Lyton period, she was the gangsters daughter in Eastenders, who ironically was a bad boy originally in the Bill who got John killed and had loads of epps about Johns ex hunting him down.. anyway Louise was terrible in Eastenders and got binned off, most of her last scenes cut she admitted herself but then she won dancing on the dance floor thing and some fool decided she would be great in the Bill... to this day I think that casting director had some issues with reality.

Anywho this four foot nothing actress became the central focus of the show, despite not being able to deliver any line in a believable manor and nor it being very obvious she just didnt have any talent. I always knew the show was doomed with her in the cast, they then made it certain soon after by employing wobbly Steven on the camera and norman on his organ doing the mood music.

Even Cath from Eastenders didnt damage the show as much when she joined.

Splashy
15-09-2016, 17:39
Oh boy the Bill on Drama Chanel has got to the Louise Lyton period, she was the gangsters daughter in Eastenders, who ironically was a bad boy originally in the Bill who got John killed and had loads of epps about Johns ex hunting him down.. anyway Louise was terrible in Eastenders and got binned off, most of her last scenes cut she admitted herself but then she won dancing on the dance floor thing and some fool decided she would be great in the Bill... to this day I think that casting director had some issues with reality.

Anywho this four foot nothing actress became the central focus of the show, despite not being able to deliver any line in a believable manor and nor it being very obvious she just didnt have any talent. I always knew the show was doomed with her in the cast, they then made it certain soon after by employing wobbly Steven on the camera and norman on his organ doing the mood music.

Even Cath from Eastenders didnt damage the show as much when she joined.

alan45
15-09-2016, 17:48
Kiddiecop

Splashy
15-09-2016, 18:04
Kiddiecop

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ironicaly one of the cast, I think maybe Rodger said, "I dint know we are running a creche"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::cartman:

alan45
15-09-2016, 18:07
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?77209-Beth-Green-the-new-Gabriel-K%2Ant&highlight=kiddiecop

She had her own thread

alan45
15-09-2016, 18:07
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?77209-Beth-Green-the-new-Gabriel-K%2Ant&highlight=kiddiecop

She had her own thread

Splashy
15-09-2016, 19:21

She had her own thread

Thank you for the link, had me chuckling reading it, I said the same kind of thing back on DS T or maybe it was the old now gone C4 forum at the time.

I kinda felt sorry for her, like I did Michelle's daughter Vicky in EE, when they made her do an American accent and she did it badly then they tried to get her to do an London accent, which she did badly.. it was all just terrible on the ears just like Reeta from Holby was. But dont get me started on Chelsea Dees daughter and her question intention. She just sounded like she was constantly asking a question.

But yes Beth was the last straw, it seemed to me they started to employ short actors to be able to blend in with her in scenes, but then she seemed unable to interact with anyone and most of her bits where to camera and any interaction edited in after the event, just like Reeta in Holby who I rekon only got the job in the first place because of who her papa is on Eastenders, must like Watermans daughter before her.

Splashy
15-09-2016, 19:21
duplicate

parkerman
16-09-2016, 13:12
Whatever happened to our favourite actress by the way?

alan45
16-09-2016, 15:50
Whatever happened to our favourite actress by the way?

Disappeared back to oblivion from whence she came. Bit like Todd Crappy

Splashy
16-09-2016, 17:15
Oh Lyton was done for drink driving in 2011.. what a gal :ninja:

Most current I can track her is that she is interviewing for parts in America.

Seriously who voted her sexiest new comer in Eastenders back in 2006? I mean who? :moonie::D 95th out of a hundred best charterer ever on the show :wall:

Couldnt make myself watch the epp on Drama today, its just sad that one actress was the route cause of why the producers went with shaky ken on camera and music from a lift to try get back the ratings and all was doomed from then on. doomed I say.

alan45
16-09-2016, 19:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM

How true

Splashy
21-09-2016, 00:04
Oh wow, Id forgotten how she just couldn't get a coherent sentence out, it just sounds like babble.

parkerman
21-09-2016, 10:59
I don't kniow if you've ever read the thread "All Purpose Soap Storyline" in the "Fantasy and Classic Storylines" section of this Forum, but, if not, you might like to take a look at how alan and I portrayed Kiddiecop in that. She enters the story at the bottom of page 6: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?105625-All-purpose-soap-storyline/page6

Splashy
23-12-2016, 00:40
Oh boy, back in the day I just gave up watching at this point, I mean you could see the other actors despairing having any scene with kiddie cop, in this one she suddenly from a drunk late nite hangover mess became the rainman girl who could memorise facts and figures in a second and impress her super. :wall::wall::wall: I mean her ickle legs couldnt actually catch the perp not that she could of done anything if she did .. but well done beth was the supers theme .. oh this can only get worse.

Splashy
23-12-2016, 23:44
Oh goodie Beth goes under cover next week... I think I might read some Vogon poetry instead. :crying:

Add to that shaky drunk camera man has now secured his place, just add the naff back ground mood music and then the show is cancelled. Its the perfect storm.

parkerman
23-12-2016, 23:55
Oh goodie Beth goes under cover next week...

Is that in a kindergarten?

Splashy
25-12-2016, 17:17
Is that in a kindergarten?

Nah shes too short and not potty trained. :ninja::D

Splashy
29-12-2016, 07:59
I bailed on that epp in the end, I couldnt work out what she was saying nor did the other cast at most points, the poor guest guy was all at sea with her.

Potential producers should be made to watch all epps from now in as they show what not to do if you want to keep a soap going.

parkerman
03-06-2017, 10:18
I've just been watching an old episode this morning and I know we used to joke about Louisa Lytton, but having seen her in action again, I have reappraised my view of her.

She is even worse than I remember her! What on earth were they thinking when they gave her that role!!!????

Perdita
09-08-2017, 05:06
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bill-cast-now-10952066

Tori
13-08-2017, 11:00
Just caught up on some episodes on the Drama channel and remembering the old days here!

I absolutely love The Bill but it's showing its age now - still absolutely love it mind!

alan45
22-08-2017, 23:39
Just caught up on some episodes on the Drama channel and remembering the old days here!

I absolutely love The Bill but it's showing its age now - still absolutely love it mind!

Althought its showing its age it certainly is more realistic in its storylines than after that clown Marquess took over as producer. They had more bombings and shootings than Beirut. I wont even mention the Chimp or Kiddiekop.

deeCee
20-10-2017, 12:14
I have to say i've been throughly enjoying this series from the beginning on the Drama channel.

In particular, the storylines and characterisation of both the police roles and the supporting characters has been an absolute joy to watch, and also a shout out to the diverse - and realistic - portrayal of London and it's residents.

It's *exactly* what continuing drama should be!! Why on Earth ITV allowed it to be sabotaged will forever remain a mystery :thumbsdow

alan45
01-11-2017, 11:33
I have to say i've been throughly enjoying this series from the beginning on the Drama channel.

In particular, the storylines and characterisation of both the police roles and the supporting characters has been an absolute joy to watch, and also a shout out to the diverse - and realistic - portrayal of London and it's residents.

It's *exactly* what continuing drama should be!! Why on Earth ITV allowed it to be sabotaged will forever remain a mystery :thumbsdow

I have watched every episode of it since it started its rerun on Drama. Even though the cars are out of date and mobiles havent been invented its great to see the Real Bill. No pinko PC Nonsense here. Good old fashioned police work with Ted Roache and Frank Burnside. The beauty supplied by the Beautiful St. June of Sunill. The Bill and Londons Burning. Brilliant !!!!!!!!

parkerman
01-11-2017, 12:07
Just wait till Mark Fowler and Kiddiecop turn up......

alan45
01-11-2017, 16:40
Thankfully we have a lot of great characters before then.

deeCee
01-11-2017, 20:24
I have watched every episode of it since it started its rerun on Drama. Even though the cars are out of date and mobiles havent been invented its great to see the Real Bill. No pinko PC Nonsense here. Good old fashioned police work with Ted Roache and Frank Burnside. The beauty supplied by the Beautiful St. June of Sunill. The Bill and Londons Burning. Brilliant !!!!!!!!

Frank and Ted are just a joy to watch :thumbsup:

There's not really any character I'm not enjoying to be honest.

alan45
03-11-2017, 09:19
The Bill fans angry as Drama Channel changes plans to air every episode ever
Somebody call the police.

Somebody needs to get on the phone to the telly police, because the Drama Channel has annoyed a lot of viewers after going back on its promise to fans of The Bill.

In case you weren't aware, the Drama Channel had made plans to air every single episode of classic police drama The Bill. A mammoth task, we're sure you'll agree.

But instead of airing every single episode ever, the channel has now decided to 'fast-forward' and resume viewing proceedings with series 14.

Announcing the decision on Twitter, the broadcaster wrote: "We've loved #TheBillRewind but due to demand we're now fast-forwarding. On Monday, we're joining Rosie Fox and Eddie Santini in series 14."

We’ve loved #TheBillRewind but due to demand we’re now fast-forwarding. On Monday, we’re joining Rosie Fox and Eddie Santini in series 14.

Somewhat surprisingly, die-hard fans of The Bill were outraged by the decision, and accused the channel of not 'having the rights' to the earlier series, which were originally shown on ITV.

Drama Channel, however, has insisted that's not the case, reassuring viewers that "this is not a rights issue".

Explaining that it's simply keeping its audience happy, the channel added: "Series 14 onwards have always been fan favourites so we're moving on to these."

deeCee
03-11-2017, 10:30
WTF!!!!

:searchme::mad:

parkerman
03-11-2017, 11:07
Explaining that it's simply keeping its audience happy, the channel added: "Series 14 onwards have always been fan favourites so we're moving on to these."

Yes, can't wait for Kiddiecop.

Kim
03-11-2017, 23:40
There are a couple of early episodes on Monday before they skip ahead, but they look like repeats of ones shown tonight (starting 23:50.) They're going up to episode 48 of series 4.

"Series 14 onwards have always been fan favourites" ... so we've decided to start from episode 89 of that series!