PDA

View Full Version : Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy)

tammyy2j
16-03-2005, 14:59
Kieran is leaving Corrie in September. He is to die. I've heard he will die trying to help Shelley get away from Charlie.

Bad Wolf
16-03-2005, 15:01
do you have a source?

stacyefc
16-03-2005, 15:06
oh my god. yeah i read that he is getting back with boyzone

Annie
16-03-2005, 16:25
Does anybody know when the Charlie storyline will end yet?

chamone256
19-03-2005, 15:11
i don't think it ends until early next year because the person who plays charlie appeared on GMTV and said its going to run for quite a while and apparently charlie gets his commupance or something like that.

Bad Wolf
19-03-2005, 15:15
Does anybody know when the Charlie storyline will end yet?

it will run for a while, there is no point doing a domestic violence story line over a few weeks, thats not how it works

i think the writers are trying to make it believable, so that people can relate to it. in a way they are tring to do the issue justice by highlighting it properly, many people suffer for years

<*alexxx*>
19-03-2005, 16:05
wow really?!
alexxxxxx

Bad Wolf
19-03-2005, 16:10
wow really what? i you were refering to my post i was explaining things because people sometimes expect plots to happen over night

*JSW*
19-03-2005, 17:12
wow really what? i you were refering to my post i was explaining things because people sometimes expect plots to happen over night
I think that was in relation to the origional spoiler about Kieran dieing.Presumption but thats what it looks like to me RG.

Please can people be aware that that spoiler has not been confirmed by any source and has been in no newspaper so take it as a pinch of salt (we know where potentially fake spoilers can lead :thumbsdow )

sheerhell666
20-03-2005, 15:48
i am sure i have read somewhere that kieran is definately leaving the show but it didn't mention how he was leaving.

*JSW*
20-03-2005, 15:55
i am sure i have read somewhere that kieran is definately leaving the show but it didn't mention how he was leaving.
Yes he is leaving that has been confirmed but whether he dies is speculation at the moment! :)

alan45
19-08-2009, 10:49
BOYZONE hunk :rolleyes: Keith Duffy is making a sensational return to Coronation Street.
The 34-year-old pop star has been in comeback talks with producers this week.

Duffy played barman Ciaran McCarthy for two years before leaving the ITV1 soap in 2005 to spend more time with his family.

Writers want to bring the charmer back to team up with old pal Peter Barlow on his gastro-pub venture to rival the Rovers.

Ladies' man Ciaran could also make a play for ex-girlfriend Sunita Parekh (Shobna Gulati), also returning to Weatherfield later this year.

Dubliner Keith is currently on a reunion tour with Boyzone stars Ronan Keating, Stephen Gately, Mikey Graham and Shane Lynch but has always been keen to resume his TV career.

He is set to sign a six-month deal with an option to extend it by six months. During his time on the street, Ciaran was involved in a string of romantic entanglements with women including Sunita, Tracy Barlow and Bev Unwin.

He also proved his bravery by dashing into a burning building to rescue Sunita and husband Dev.

A Corrie source said last night: "Everything is in place for him to return in the New Year. It's exciting to have him back."

Katy
19-08-2009, 10:58
I loved him in this, hes been in fair city recently i think as well.

alan45
19-08-2009, 11:13
I think he will be a good double act wit Peter Barlow.

Katy
19-08-2009, 11:15
yeah, i think you could be right there, especially back behind a bar. Could be entertaining.

Perdita
19-08-2009, 11:32
Good news, always liked him :)

LostVoodoo
19-08-2009, 11:46

yes very true. i was puzzling over who he actually knows in the street at the moment!

Choccie
19-08-2009, 13:05
I'm glad he's back - I enjoyed his character

tammyy2j
19-08-2009, 14:02
great news :cheer:

crystalsea
20-08-2009, 09:39

lol thats a very positive comment Alan

lizann
20-08-2009, 13:56
good he could be Michelle's new love interest

Chris_2k11
20-08-2009, 14:36
I forgot he was in this

alan45
20-08-2009, 15:09

yes very true. i was puzzling over who he actually knows in the street at the moment!

He has slept with one or two of the Laydees off the Street and Im sure there will be a few more before he leaves again

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 10:44
Is he Michelles new man?

alan45
10-10-2009, 14:46
Keith Duffy confirmed on RTE2 last night that he is to return to Corrie in the new year for six months

Perdita
10-10-2009, 15:24
Former Coronation Street star Keith Duffy has signed up to reprise his role as Weatherfield womaniser Ciaran McCarthy.

The 35-year-old actor and Boyzone popstar quit his part as Peter Barlow's (Chris Gascoyne) old navy friend in February 2005 after two-and-a-half years with the ITV1 soap. He later revealed that he made the decision to spend more time with his family.

However, in August this year it emerged that Duffy had entered talks with Corrie producers for a possible comeback. The news came after he spoke about wanting to return on more than one occasion.

Duffy will now begin filming at the drama's Manchester studios in December and return to screens in February next year, DS can confirm.

A Coronation Street spokesperson said today: "We're looking forward to having Keith back in the show. Ciaran has got history on the Street and quickly falls back into his friendship with Peter Barlow. But where Peter's changed, Ciaran hasn't and he's soon up to his old womanising ways."

Ciaran became romantically involved with Shelley Unwin (Sally Lindsay), her mother Bev (Susie Blake) and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) during his original Weatherfield stint. He also had a relationship with Sunita Parekh (Shobna Gulati), who will be seen returning to the cobbles with a new fiancé in December.

Duffy reunited with his Boyzone bandmates in 2007 and has since appeared in Irish soap Fair City.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/news/a181419/keith-duffys-corrie-return-confirmed.html

Hannelene
10-10-2009, 17:10
Great to see him back I just hope they give him decent storylines and a worthy love interest.

Chris_2k11
10-10-2009, 17:24
Did he have a thing with Leanne or am I imagining that?

Hannelene
10-10-2009, 17:24
She has been linked to many characters so I wouldn't be surprised if they had dated

alan45
10-10-2009, 17:49
Its been a while since Dreary has had a fling with someone. Maybe its time she had another toyboy

Perdita
11-11-2009, 12:31
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has revealed that romance could be on the cards for her character Michelle Connor and Weatherfield returnee Ciaran McCarthy.

The actress told The Mirror that the womanising Irishman, played by Keith Duffy, will be seen taking a shine to Michelle when he arrives back on the cobbles in February.

Marsh commented: "Michelle hasn't had much luck with her love life. Steve, Peter and Luke all ended up hurting her, so it'd be nice to see her settle down with someone who makes her happy.

"I haven't met Keith yet, but I've heard that Michelle catches Ciaran's eye, so there could be something developing there."

She added: "Michelle is a great character to play. There was a time when she came across as a bit prudish, but she's becoming a bit more sparky and feisty again. She's got her pizzazz back."

In August this year, actor Kenny Doughty signed up for a six-episode stint as builder Jake, another new love interest for Michelle. It was recently announced that he will return for another episode at the end of the year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/news/a186330/kym-marsh-reveals-new-corrie-love-twist.html

Hannelene
14-11-2009, 16:05
There must be another character Ciaran could be linked to then Michelle!

alan45
14-11-2009, 17:19
Hopefully if Michelle teams up with Kieran then that will be the end of Jake the Builder

Hannelene
15-11-2009, 09:45
I find Jake a little odd something about him creeps me out.

Perdita
30-11-2009, 07:18
Keith Duffy was back on the Corrie set with Chris Gascoyne yesterday as they filmed Peter and Ciaran rekindling their old friendship.

For those of you who can’t remember, Ciaran and Peter were old navy mates who lost touch when Ciaran was arrested for going AWOL.

Ciaran will return to our screens in February when Peter and Leanne find him in a Manchester restaurant and offer him a job as a chef in their new bar.

Ciaran’s return to the Street will surely have a few female hearts fluttering. Will Michelle take a shine to the Irish rogue or perhaps he'll stir old feelings in his ex-girlfriend Sunita?

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/keithduffyisback/

Perdita
04-12-2009, 06:50
Here's a fresh batch of Coronation Street pics snapped only yesterday on location in Manchester.

As you can see, Keith Duffy - who plays Ciaran McCarthy in the ITV soap - has been filming in full chef garb with Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) and Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/scoop/a189858/location-pics-keith-duffy-returns-as-ciaran-mccarthy.html

Perdita
08-12-2009, 13:06
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has revealed details of a possible love rivals plot for her character and Carla Connor.

The 33-year-old actress, who plays barmaid Michelle Connor on the ITV1 soap, said that she expects the pair to end up feuding over Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy) or Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) next year.

Marsh is quoted by PA as saying: "There's a rivalry between them both, and there'll be some fella involved somewhere down the line, probably Keith Duffy or Chris Gascoyne."

Asked whether Carla (Alison King) will take a shine to womaniser Ciaran, she replied: "She may do, but I think he's going to have his eye on Carla more likely."

Marsh had previously announced that a romance was likely to develop between Michelle and Weatherfield returnee Ciaran. Meanwhile, the unlucky-in-love character has had a fling with Peter in the past.

On Michelle's romance troubles, the soap star added: "I say I'd like her to settle down but I don't really, not as an actress. It wouldn't be good as an actress if she was happy, it's much more fun the way she is."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronationstreet/news/a190442/marsh-hints-over-new-corrie-love-triangle.html

Dazzle
08-12-2009, 13:43
The 33-year-old actress, who plays barmaid Michelle Connor on the ITV1 soap, said that she expects the pair to end up feuding over Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy) or Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) next

Is that a hint that Peter and Leanne are going to break up?

lizann
08-12-2009, 13:46
I like Peter with Leanne so i hope its not him

Michelle/Ciaran/Carla triangle i just cant see

Dazzle
08-12-2009, 13:57
I like Peter with Leanne so i hope its not him

I agree, they work well together.

crystalsea
09-12-2009, 13:03
Its probably a false lead to keep you off the scent.:lol:

Perdita
26-01-2010, 16:42
CIARAN McCarthy is back…and wastes no time turning on the Irish charm in a bid to bed Michelle Connor.

The hunky barman, last seen in Weatherfield nearly five years ago, bumps into his old mate Peter Barlow.

And as the Navy pals catch up, Peter reveals he’s opening up a new gastro-pub with lover Leanne Battersby before offering Ciaran a job.

With nothing to lose, he accepts the offer and decides it’s time to come back to the Street.

And he quickly goes for a pint in his old workplace – to the delight of the locals.

But as our picture shows it’s Michelle he has his eye on.

She moved to Weatherfield a year after Ciaran left and is delighted to meet him. An insider said: “Peter and Leanne bump into Ciaran while visiting a restaurant out of town. Peter can’t believe it.

“A lot has changed since Ciaran was last in the Street. But he’s glad to be back.

“And with someone as hot as Michelle working in The Rovers he’s more than happy with his decision to return. There’s going to be a lot of good stuff coming up involving Ciaran.

“His former fiancée Sunita Alahan has also returned recently so he’ll no doubt be bumping into her too at some point.

“Then there’s the matter of another of his ex-lovers, Tracy Barlow, also coming back.

“You can bet it’s going to be a very interesting time for Ciaran.”

Daily Star

Perdita
29-01-2010, 07:19
After a five-year break from the role, Boyzone singer Keith Duffy returns to Coronation Street at the beginning of next week as ladies' man and ex-navy serviceman Ciaran McCarthy. The 35-year-old last appeared in July 2005 when Shelley Unwin's mother Bev made a drunken pass at him. Half a decade on and Ciaran's working in a fancy Cheshire restaurant, as Peter and Leanne turn up for lunch in the hope of scoping out the local eatery competition while they prepare to open their new bar. Unbeknown to the pair, however, Ciaran's the head chef and Peter's complaints cause the Irish womaniser to lose his job. How will Peter cope with his wayward mate back in his life? And who'll become the first notch on Ciaran's bedpost? We gave Keith a bell to find out more!

How did the return come about?
"Well when I left back in 2005, it was always the plan at some stage to try and get back on the Street after spending a bit of time at home and whatever. The boys and I got back together in 2007 and I was busy for a few years but when we started going on tour again and played the MEN in Manchester, I sent an invitation over to the cast and crew of Corrie for anyone who wanted to come across to the show. A few of the guys came along and we hooked up at the Lowry Hotel afterwards for a few pints and got talking. A few were saying, 'Would you come back?' and I was like, 'I'd love to come back but I can't see it happening in the future because the band are so busy and one thing and another'."

Were you not ready to return back then?
"Going into 2009 we had a whole new show, a whole new tour and again I sent across an email inviting people if they wanted to come along, and all the while I'd kept in touch with a few people from the press department, and Kieran Roberts who was then the producer and is now the exec producer. On that night we were chatting and I was saying I'd done [Dublin soap The Clinic and Irish soap Fair City] and that I'd got my trade - my apprenticeship if you like - with Coronation Street. If it wasn't for Corrie, I wouldn't have got these other jobs. I said I'd love to return knowing the game a lot better and knowing what I'm doing is a lot better - being a lot more confident with the character. Things just started from there, really."

What happened after that?
"There were a few emails back and forth between me and Kieran Roberts, then Kim Crowther (producer) got in touch with my agent and asked me to fly to Manchester for a meeting regarding nothing, really. At that stage, I hoped it must mean something because I'd told them that the lads in the band were taking some time off - possibly six or seven months - to finish the album. I hate having time off, I much prefer being busy so this was my chance to get back on the Street again. We all agreed and here I am!"

How do we see Ciaran again?
"Peter and Leanne were reading a review of a restaurant in Cheshire that got rave reviews and decide to go over and treat themselves to a lunch meeting to discuss their new wine bar. They're waiting a very long time for their food and Peter goes out to the maître d' and tells him that if he wanted bread and water, he'd have gone to Strangeways. The maître d' apologises and tells him the head chef's a bit of a perfectionist and goes out to the kitchen, pushes him out the door and starts screaming and shouting at him - the chef happens to be Ciaran McCarthy! The maître d' says, 'Don't make me fire you!' and Ciaran says, 'I won't, I resign!' and gets out a bottle of whisky for him and Peter not realising that Peter's on the wagon."

How long are you around for this time?
"A minimum of six months. Enough time to get into some trouble, I'd say!"

Where's Ciaran been?
"All I know is that he's been working as a chef in this restaurant and he's been there for a while. I think he might have gone home to Ireland for a bit and over to the States for a while. He was over with his cousin Mick who owns a cocktail bar in New York and he was over working the cocktail bar for a bit - that bit was in my script along the way - but apart from that I really don't know what he was up to! He was AWOL from the Navy so he could have done a bit of jail time, too."

Who does he have his eye on when he's back?
"[He's] pretty much straight in for Michelle to be fair! It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it! Anything that walks by that's at all attractive or in a skirt he chats up to be honest. He chats up Carla, he chats up Michelle, he's very charming to Liz McDonald who sees it as a come-on - that's a funny scene in itself - Kelly from the factory... no-one is safe!"

Does Ciaran have much to do with Sunita when he's back?
"Yeah - he's been back chatting her up as well. He's under the illusion that herself and Dev are together and obviously he and Dev left on bad terms, so she's on her own in the pub and he goes over and starts chatting her up and charming her again. Sunita was quite up for it because they nearly got married - I think I left her at the altar if I remember rightly."

If you could pick anyone on the Street for him to be involved with, who would it be?
"I don't really mind and I don't think Ciaran McCarthy would mind too much, either - if they're attractive and they like a drink he's happy enough."

DS

alan45
29-01-2010, 13:51
Apparently when Peter and Leanne meet Ciaran his boss tells him he is being sacked but Ciaran tells him hes too late because he's resigned.

Yet another contrived storyline to bring an old character back. How coincidental that Peter and Leanne should just happen to pick the place that Ciaran was working, and to be there on the night that he resigns and they just happen to be looking for staff.

alan45
30-01-2010, 00:04
Duffy was interviewed on a local radio station today. He dropped hints about Liz, Kelly and Leeanne. Still we will all know soon enough as he is on our screens on Monday night. He has signed up for an initial six months. He also claims that he has improved his acting abilities. I dont suppose the ladies in Corrie will care

Perdita
30-01-2010, 06:54
Duffy was interviewed on a local radio station today. He dropped hints about Liz, Kelly and Leeanne. Still we will all know soon enough as he is on our screens on Monday night. He has signed up for an initial six months. He also claims that he has improved his acting abilities. I dont suppose the ladies in Corrie will care

Nor some of the ladies watching, and maybe some guys too :D

alan45
30-01-2010, 16:06
Nor some of the ladies watching, and maybe some guys too :D

Not this one anyway:rotfl:

Perdita
30-01-2010, 16:38
:lol: Who would be your type from Corrie then, which lady takes your fancy

alan45
02-05-2010, 16:50
Coronation Street's Kym Marsh and Keith Duffy have been filming romantic scenes for their characters, reports claim.

According to the Daily Star Sunday, the pair will endure a turbulent relationship on-screen as Michelle Connor and Ciaran McCarthy.

A source revealed: "It's been a while since she had a love interest, so who better to change all that than Ciaran?

"When Ciaran first returned to Weatherfield, Michelle was the girl who really caught his eye."

The insider added: "But she's not stupid. Michelle knows he has a roving eye and knows exactly what she is letting herself in for.

"They've got some great stuff coming up but everyone will have to wait and see whether or not he strays."

Duffy is a current member of Boyzone while Marsh first came to fame as a member of Hear'Say.

Perdita
03-05-2010, 15:51
STREET star Kym Marsh is getting to grips with one of soapland’s hottest hunks – while preparing for her real-life wedding.

The sexy actress, 33, who plays Rovers barmaid Michelle Connor, has been filming steamy scenes with Boyzone singer Keith Duffy, 35.

But when she’s away from the cameras, she’s been busy organising her marriage to ex-Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas, 30.

And while Kym is heading for happiness in her personal life, Michelle could be facing a rocky ride with charmer Ciaran McCarthy.

A Corrie insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “It’s been a while since she had a love interest, so who better to change all that than Ciaran?

“When Ciaran first returned to Weatherfield, Michelle was the girl who really caught his eye.

There was definitely a chemistry between them but after a few flirty scenes together it was decided to wait a while before getting them together.

When Ciaran finally makes his move, Michelle is pretty smitten – and who can blame her.

“But she’s not stupid. Michelle knows he has a roving eye and knows exactly what she is letting herself in for.

The writers are going to have a lot of fun with these two.

They’ve got some great stuff coming up but everyone will have to wait and see whether or not he strays.”

The pair are both nominated at Saturday’s British Soap Awards – for Sexiest Female and Sexiest Male.

Daily Star

Perdita
18-06-2010, 19:00
Keith Duffy has hinted that his Coronation Street character Ciaran McCarthy strips off in an upcoming storyline.

The 35-year-old explained that Ciaran, who embarks on a relationship with Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh), could serve behind the bar with only his pants on.

He told Inside Soap: "I'm shooting some scenes where Ciaran offers to cook Michelle a meal, and he tells her that if it's not the best food she's ever tasted, he'll work a shift behind the bar wearing just his boxers."

Duffy added: "I'm looking forward to seeing what the wardrobe department have come up for me."

:cheer: :D

Dazzle
19-06-2010, 16:23
Keith Duffy has hinted that his Coronation Street character Ciaran McCarthy strips off in an upcoming storyline.

:cheer: :D

:rotfl: Your reaction to the above made me laugh, Perdita.

Perdita
19-06-2010, 17:22
Not very often one gets to see a bit of eye candy for us ladies stripping off :D

alan45
14-07-2010, 11:40

alan45
21-09-2010, 17:33
Kym Marsh has revealed that she would like Coronation Street's Michelle Connor to have a relationship with Ciaran McCarthy.

Speaking to Soaplife, she said that Michelle thinks Ciaran (Keith Duffy) is "fab", but is "scared" because she could "easily fall in love with him".

However, Michelle is given up a wake-up call when Ciaran goes for a job interview in Scotland.

"She's gutted," she said. "But doesn't show it. She tells herself that if he's bothering to go for a job interview in Scotland then he can't be that interested in her. That's it. It's over. She was obviously just a bit of fun for him."

Liz attempts to convince the barmaid to tell him how she feels, but a "devastated" Michelle can't bring herself to do it.

"Ciaran would have to give Michelle a very strong indication that he's really keen on having a serious relationship with her," she said.

Marsh added that she hopes the pair will eventually get together, saying: "As long as he wasn't philandering... It would be nice to explore a relationship between them. It would be fun."

In March, Duffy reportedly announced that he would not be renewing his contract with the ITV soap.

Chloe O'brien
22-09-2010, 12:40
If Keith is not renewing his contract what is the point of Ciaran having a relationship with Michelle. Kym is panicking because if she doesn't get a decent storyline she will be axed.

Siobhan
22-09-2010, 13:06
It is just me or does Kym seem to have an opinion on everything? no matter what is happening in Corrie she always has a say on it... she annoys me so much

alan45
22-09-2010, 13:36
It is just me or does Kym seem to have an opinion on everything? no matter what is happening in Corrie she always has a say on it... she annoys me so much

Its not just you Shiv.

Ive noticed that she is always spouting on in the tabloids about everything and anything. Its not as if she is a great actor or anything. I think she just likes toe hear herself speak and see her name in print.

Dazzle
22-09-2010, 13:53
To be fair to Kym, maybe the journalists just keep asking her questions which she answers out of politeness. It may not be her fault that every little thing she says is printed.

Siobhan
22-09-2010, 13:59
To be fair to Kym, maybe the journalists just keep asking her questions which she answers out of politeness. It may not be her fault that every little thing she says is printed.

I think (correct me if I am wrong here Alan) but didn't she make some comment about Hollyoaks.. why would a journalist ask her about a soap she is not in???

Dazzle
22-09-2010, 14:01
I think (correct me if I am wrong here Alan) but didn't she make some comment about Hollyoaks.. why would a journalist ask her about a soap she is not in???

I remember that too. She could have been asked because her partner, Jamie Lomas, used to be in Hollyoaks.

Siobhan
22-09-2010, 14:08
I remember that too. She could have been asked because her partner, Jamie Lomas, used to be in Hollyoaks.

Maybe.. but it just seems to me she has a comment on everything.... maybe that is why Journalist keeps asking her unrelated question cause they know she will comment on it

Chloe O'brien
22-09-2010, 14:25
She's just likes to see herself in the media all the time. It doesn't matter if she says anything interesting or not as long as she gets her name in the press.

Perdita
01-10-2010, 05:57
THIS is the moment Corrie fans have been waiting for - Ciaran McCarthy finally snogs Michelle Connor.

The heat between the chef and the barmaid has been rising for months.

But neither has admitted their feelings.

This changes next week when they lock lips on the ITV1 soap.

Their kiss comes after Michelle, played by Kym Marsh, 34, feels low when son Ryan leaves for university.

And she is secretly devastated that Ciaran (Keith Duffy, 35) is also quitting Manchester for a new job.

As Ryan leaves, Ciaran tries one last time to win Michelle's heart - and she finally gives him a shot.

The Sun

alan45
01-10-2010, 15:28
Ciaran has been trying to reel Michelle in for ages.

The hunky barman is used to having his pick of the ladies and Michelle's resistance is making her all the more irresistible.

They've come so close to getting it together, we've all been shouting at the telly, and tonight - with a little bit of help from Michelle's son Ryan - they finally have a snog.

And actress Kym Marsh is as delighted to see Michelle getting some action as everyone else.

She told Inside Soap magazine: "I'm so pleased that Michelle is finally going to get together with Ciaran, because I'd love to see her happy with someone.

"You get very attached to your character when you play them for so long.

"This has been a slow-burn romance for the pair of them - poor Ciaran has had to really work to earn his place in Michelle's heart!"

The 34-year-old actress also revealed Corrie bosses have always meant for Ciaran and Michelle to get together eventually.

She said: "It has always been the plan to get them together when Keith Duffy returned to the show earlier this year. We wanted the audience to feel that they've earned this romance, though."

But Kym pointed out Michelle is wary as she has been hurt before - when Steve McDonald left her for Becky, who is now his wife.

She said: "She's had some rotten luck with blokes over the years, and that's why she's held Ciaran at arm's length.

"Ciaran normally just saunters in and has whoever he wants. I think that's why he likes Michelle so much - Ciaran has really met his match in her!"

Dazzle
01-10-2010, 15:38
THIS is the moment Corrie fans have been waiting for - Ciaran McCarthy finally snogs Michelle Connor.

Uh, no. This Corrie fan has definitely not been waiting for this moment :sick:.

alan45
01-10-2010, 15:49
Uh, no. This Corrie fan has definitely not been waiting for this moment :sick:.

Nor me either. Keith Duffy I dont mind but Kym Marsh AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Perdita
09-11-2010, 15:14
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has backed Michelle Connor's new romance with womaniser Ciaran McCarthy, describing the pair's scenes as "great fun".

The actress's alter ego put her heart on the line last month when she finally gave into her feelings for Ciaran, played by Boyzone singer Keith Duffy.

Speaking to the Daily Star about her Weatherfield character, Marsh commented: "Michelle's much racier than I am. She doesn't need sexing up any more - she's far too feisty as it is, thank you very much!

"Keith is her new love interest, which is fun, and we have a lot in common as I was in a pop band too.

"It's nice to see this side of Michelle. She's comical and sexy. It's great fun to play. I'm usually laughing my head off at any sexy scenes."

Michelle has recently taken on the position of trainee assistant manager at Underworld after quitting The Rovers in protest at how Ciaran was being treated by landlady Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard).

alan45
10-11-2010, 00:34
Is it just me or is anyone else fed up to the teeth with Kym Marsh spouting off at every opportunity.

Perdita
10-11-2010, 11:52
:confused:Coronation Street's Kym Marsh has admitted that she does not like filming intimate scenes for the soap.

Marsh's character Michelle Connor is currently romantically involved with Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy), but the actress confessed that certain scenes can be embarrassing to shoot.

"Keith is a lovely guy to work with, but I always feel uncomfortable when I do kissing scenes," she said. "It doesn't matter who they are with, whether they are good-looking or not, whether it's a boy or a girl.

"I go red even thinking about it and I get so embarrassed when I'm doing them that I end up giggling nervously. I don't know how people can act out full-on sex scenes."

Marsh also confirmed that she has no immediate plans to return to her singing career.

"I wouldn't say I would never sing professionally again, but I certainly don't have any plans to," she said. "I liked singing, but I didn't like all the politics and nonsense that went with it."

I thought she said it was all good fun? :confused:

alan45
10-11-2010, 13:03
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

alan45
15-11-2010, 09:41
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has admitted that she would be disappointed if her character's current romance ran smoothly.

The actress's alter ego Michelle Connor recently found love with barman Ciaran McCarthy after the Weatherfield duo had denied their feelings for months.

Discussing the storyline, Marsh is quoted by PA as saying: "It was a long process, but it was fun playing that 'will they, won't they' bit.

"I like playing the bit before the relationship, where they're chasing each other. When you get into a relationship things tend to be stale on screen. A soap couple doesn't tend to stay together long.

"We haven't had any obstacles yet but this is soapland, anything can happen. I'd like there to be some, definitely. It would be rubbish if we were just happy ever after. Michelle's best when she has things thrown at her."

Marsh recently said that fans have seen the "comical and sexy" side to Michelle in her recent scenes.

What fans ???????

Siobhan
15-11-2010, 15:37
What fans ???????

Herself and her mother

Perdita
04-04-2011, 20:25
Keith Duffy has confirmed that he expects to return to filming at Coronation Street in September.

The actor recently took a break from his role as Ciaran McCarthy on the ITV1 soap in order to tour with Boyzone. On screen, viewers saw Ciaran leave Weatherfield with girlfriend Michelle Connor after landing a job on a cruise.

Kym Marsh, who plays Michelle, is currently on maternity leave after giving birth to a baby girl named Polly last month.

Speaking on Loose Women about his Corrie future, Duffy revealed: "I'm back up in Manchester, please God if they give me a job back, in September - the 15th of September.

"Kym Marsh, who's obviously Ciaran's partner on the screen, is off on maternity leave with her lovely little baby Polly at the moment. I think the two of us will return together."

Boyzone completed their latest tour last month.

DS

alan45
21-08-2011, 01:02
CORONATION Street stars Kym Marsh and Keith Duffy will arrive back on the cobbles next month... and are planning the soap wedding of the year.

The singers – who play Michelle Connor and *Ciaran McCarthy – have been away since January, with ex-Hear’Say star Michelle, 35, going on *maternity leave and Keith, 36, touring with Boyzone.

Viewers saw their *characters leave on a cruise, leaving their future in the balance.

But a show source said: “Michelle and Ciaran are two of our most popular characters.

“They will return from their cruise and tell the Street they are planning a huge wedding.

“But this is Corrie and the course of true love *never runs smooth, so anything could happen before they say ‘I do’.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/08/21/kym-marsh-and-keith-duffy-get-engaged-115875-23359380/#ixzz1VcJIN0B0

Chloe O'brien
21-08-2011, 01:18
Thanks for the warning. time to turn of Corrie. Who is this source Kym's Mother? Michelle and Ciaran aren't two of the shows popular characters who is she trying to kid.

lizann
21-08-2011, 20:34
Michelle gets with Steve again I sure I seen that in a soap magazine

Perdita
21-08-2011, 20:44

Please no :(

ellie2
25-08-2011, 21:21

Yes I've seen that too.

alan45
25-08-2011, 22:31

Yes I've seen that too.

Please no :(

Im with Perdita on this one too

Perdita
25-08-2011, 22:53
Yes I've seen that too.

Im with Perdita on this one too :eek: *faints*

alan45
25-08-2011, 22:59
:eek: *faints*

Dont be too shocked. We probably agree on more things than you realise :D

Perdita
25-08-2011, 23:03
yes i've seen that too.

dont be too shocked. We probably agree on more things than you realise :d

:D :p: :hmm:

Perdita
06-09-2011, 11:46
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has spoken out about her return to the soap, hinting that there will be busy times ahead for her on the cobbles.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor, is back on the set of the ITV1 show this week as her maternity leave has come to an end. She and fiancé Jamie Lomas welcomed the arrival of a baby girl named Polly back in March.

Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh commented: "It's my first week back at work on Corrie and at the end of last week, a huge pile of scripts was delivered to my house. Needless to say, I'm really hitting the ground running!

"When you've been away for a while, it takes a bit of time to get back into the swing of your character. You sort of think, 'Er, can I actually still act?'

"But Michelle isn't a million miles away from me so it won't be too difficult. As soon as her famous eyeliner's caked back on and she's in her tight clothes, she comes straight back!"

Last month, reports suggested that Michelle and boyfriend Ciaran McCarthy will begin planning a massive wedding upon their return to Weatherfield. However, Keith Duffy - who plays Ciaran - has warned that his latest Coronation Street stint will be shorter than originally anticipated as he has commitments back home in Ireland.

Read the full story in this week's New magazine - out today.

parkerman
06-09-2011, 13:49
"can I actually still act?'"

Still?

alan45
25-09-2011, 13:41
The Daily Star reports today that Keith Duffy, who plays Ciaran McCarthy, won't ever be returning to Coronation Street after he's written out at Christmas.

The paper says that Keith is quitting Coronation Street for good and will be written out in a dramatic Christmas storyline. He wants to spend more time with his family and kids and won't be back on the cobbles after he leaves later this year.

A source close to the actor told the Star: “Something had to give and sadly it was Corrie. He’s had a great time working on the show but these last few months have proved very demanding."

tammyy2j
26-09-2011, 13:56
Coronation Street star Keith Duffy is to be written out of the show for good, it has been reported.

The Boyzone singer has played Ciaran McCarthy on and off for nearly ten years and returns to the Street later this month to film a dramatic Christmas storyline.

Duffy has decided to leave Coronation Street permanently to spend more time with his wife Lisa and their children - 15-year-old Hollyoaks actor Jay and Mia, 11 - the Daily Star Sunday reports.

A source said: "Something had to give and sadly it was Corrie. He's had a great time working on the show but these last few months have proved very demanding.

"His daughter Mia, who has autism, is starting secondary school and it's a big year for Jay as he has his exams. So he's decided he wants to be at home in Dublin for them both."

The 36-year-old's character will be involved in a plot with on-screen girlfriend Michelle Connor, played by Kym Marsh.

A Coronation Street spokesman added: "It's going to be a very dramatic time for Ciaran."

Perdita
08-10-2011, 11:56
Keith Duffy has insisted that he will return to his role on Coronation Street.

It had been reported that Duffy, who plays Ciaran McCarthy in the ITV1 soap, had decided to leave the show permanently to spend more time with his family.

The Boyzone star was rumoured to have been written out of Coronation Street in a "dramatic" Christmas storyline involving on-screen girlfriend Michelle Connor, played by Kym Marsh.

However, Duffy has since revealed on Twitter that while he has finished filming his most recent stint on the soap, his character won't be exiting Weatherfield for good over the festive period.

"Home in Dublin Finished today in Corrie for now," he wrote. "Will really miss all the Corrie guys, Love Yas buddies.Ciaran McCarthy Is alive and well and will return (sic)!"

Duffy recently praised his son Jay's performance on Hollyoaks, describing him as a "very natural" actor.

Perdita
22-10-2011, 11:37
Kym Marsh has admitted that she was nervous about her return to Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor in the ITV1 soap, went back to work last month following the birth of daughter Polly in March.

Viewers will see Michelle arrive back in Weatherfield next month with Ciaran, played by Keith Duffy, who announces that the couple are engaged.

"Although I kept in touch with people like Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald), Ali King (Carla Connor) and Antony Cotton (Sean Tully) when I was off, I felt nervous going back, as I had big scenes to film," Marsh told The Mirror.

"But there are other cast members that have small children and they've come back to work when their babies are six months old, and it's the same for me. Plus we have a nanny and Jamie [Lomas, fiancé] has finished Hollyoaks now, so he's around more, too.

"When Michelle comes back, she's helping Carla out due to what she's been through. Carla wants to be free of Frank and the only way out she can see is to drop the rape charges. Meanwhile, Michelle decides that she wants to get married in Weatherfield rather than the Bahamas. But nothing ever goes right for her – she's very unlucky in love."

Marsh recently admitted that she will miss Duffy, who will leave Coronation Street in a dramatic Christmas storyline.

Could put an end to all the nerves by not bothering to come back.

alan45
22-10-2011, 19:54
Could put an end to all the nerves by not bothering to come back.

Hear Hear or should that be Hearsay

Chloe O'brien
23-10-2011, 00:42
I know she should just stay at home. We can only hope that Corrie bosses decide to axe her character soon once Ciaran has gone.

Perdita
23-10-2011, 09:57
LOVERS Michelle Connor and Ciaran McCarthy return from their travels to discover Carla has been raped by twisted Frank Foster.

The couple do their best to comfort her as she tells them everything that has gone on since they have been away.

But Michelle can’t hide her shock and contempt for the way her close friend and former sister-in-law has been treated.

She assures Carla she will *support her in her court battle against Frank and will also help her get the factory re-opened.

But as they talk Carla tells Michelle she wants to drop the charges against Frank, leaving the brunette mortified.

A Coronation Street insider said: “Michelle and Ciaran *arrive back from working on a cruise ship but the smiles on their faces are quickly wiped off when they hear what’s happened to Carla.

“She is in a bad way. Frank is doing everything he can to make her life a living hell. He has brought about the closure of her factory as well as making a lot of the locals believe she made the whole thing up.

“Michelle can’t believe how much Carla has changed. She wants her to fight on and tries her best to talk her out of it.

“It’s going to take some doing for Michelle to persuade her to stand her ground.”

Corrie fans can watch Michelle and Ciaran arrive back in Weatherfield on November 3.

Daily Star Sunday

Perdita
25-10-2011, 20:58
Coronation Street actor Keith Duffy will star in an Irish theatre show, it has been announced.

The 36-year-old will play Teddy Heelin in the production of Big Maggie.

Award-winning actress Aisling O'Sullivan will appear opposite Duffy in the title role, the Irish Independent reports.

When first staged in 1969, the play - set in rural Ireland - centred around a widow's desire to find love and shocked audiences with its sex scenes.

Duffy made his Irish theatre debut in Fiona Looney's play Dandelions alongside Pauline McLynn and Deirdre O'Kane.

Boyzone star Duffy recently denied that his character Ciaran McCarthy is being written out of Coronation Street for good, insisting that Ciaran is "alive and well and will return".

Perdita
03-11-2011, 15:06
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has hinted that there may not be an acrimonious split in store for Michelle Connor and Ciaran McCarthy.

The couple return to Weatherfield to announce their engagement in tonight's episode, but they will not remain together for long as Keith Duffy - who plays Ciaran - has already filmed the final scenes for his latest stint.

However, speaking on This Morning today, Marsh promised that the love between the pair will remain whatever happens.

"[Keith's departure] puts a question mark over what happens in their relationship," the actress explained. "But they are very much in love and even when Ciaran leaves, they're very much in love. So what actually happens leading up to that remains to be seen, but it is very good."

Marsh returned to filming at Coronation Street a few weeks ago as her maternity leave came to an end. She and fiancé Jamie Lomas welcomed the arrival of their baby daughter Polly in March.

Discussing her return to work, Marsh confessed: "It was really difficult. It was quite scary and the thought of not being with [Polly] at every second of every day was a bit harsh at first.

"When you have any time off and you come back, even after a holiday, you feel like the new girl again and it's like, 'I think I've forgotten how to do this!' So after ten months it was like, 'Oh no!' So I'm not expecting my first scenes to be very good!"

The 35-year-old also praised her comeback storyline, which sees Michelle support Carla (Alison King) amid her troubles with evil rapist Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel).

"It is brilliant, because I'm back in with a bang, really. It's good because I hit the ground running," she said. "The thing is that Carla and Michelle are sisters-in-law. As we know, Carla was married to Michelle's brother. They're very much a love-hate relationship, but it just shows that when the chips are down, they're there for each other. It's quite a shock, really."

Coronation Street airs Michelle and Ciaran's return tonight at 8.30pm on ITV1.

alan45
12-11-2011, 00:01
© ITV
Keith Duffy has claimed that producers have given him flexibility over returning to Coronation Street.

Speaking in an interview with RTÉ, the 37-year-old actor said that the show's bosses have assured him that he can reprise his role as Ciaran McCarthy at any time.

"It's very much open," he said. "The producers said that while they understood my family commitments in Ireland, they told me to remember that there was always a job for me on the Street."

The Boyzone singer has previously insisted that he will rejoin the soap.

Since announcing his departure, it has been reported that Duffy will soon star in an Irish theatre show.

Duffy's alter ego Ciaran, who arrived back on the Street with fiancé Michelle Connor last Thursday, is being written out in a dramatic Christmas storyline.

alan45
12-11-2011, 00:18
Contrary to rumours, Keith Duffy's not leaving Coronation Street - in fact he might even move to Manchester next year. Donal O'Donoghue meets an upbeat performer to talk about the loss of his friend Stephen, his future in Weatherfield and why family is so important.

Keith Duffy - taking to the stage
"Do you like my haircut?" says Keith Duffy, bouncing about like a prizefighter. "You know I had long hair this morning." And now? Well, now the actor and singer is sporting a matinee look for his role as the rakish Teddy in Druid's production of Big Maggie. "I love Mad Men", says Duster, as his fellow Boyzone members know him. "I actually wanted one of their haircuts."

It's the end of the interview and Duffy is ready for his close-up. But the photographer's presence has reminded him that he'd been to the barbers earlier. This was after the school run and before the media treadmill and rehearsals for his first stage show in yonks. It's a hectic schedule but Duffy wouldn't swap it for anything. He loves being back in Dublin after the epic commute to Manchester for Coronation Street. He's a happy family man - he lives in north County Dublin with Lisa and their two children, Jordan and Mia - and doing family things. He's home, loving it and shouting it from the rooftops.

And boy can Duffy can talk. Just ask a question - like 'Hey Duster, how did you get the part of Teddy?' - and he's off, reeling in the last two years of his career like a man not just telling you how it is but also remembering how it was. He talks about the death of fellow band member Stephen Gately ("I'm still devastated"), his return to Coronation Street (the kid will not be written out of that picture) and the recent Boyzone tour ("the next big thing is our 20th anniversary in 2013"). "I'm not 19 any more", he says somewhat ruefully, at one point. "I'm closer to 40 than I've ever been."

In fact, Duffy is 37 and his son Jordan (or Jay as he calls him) is fast approaching his 16th birthday. "You should see the hands on him", says Keith, lifting up his own not inconsiderable mitts. "They're bigger than mine." He talks about Jay's newfound fame (the lad plays a recurring role on Hollyoaks) and how autograph hunters now approach them looking for the son and not the father. "I tell Jay that I used to have that once", says Duffy. "But occasionally young ones do come up to me and I'm thinking, 'here we go'. But then they say, 'My ma loves you, can you sign this?'"

It's the morning after Westlife's break-up. Duffy knows the Westies well - they used to play support to Boyzone back in the day - but is surprised that they have decided to split for good. His own band never made that definitive move ("we were on a seven-year break" he argues) and earlier this year wrapped a major tour. "We're dormant at the moment but we're together forever now", he says. "I think the next big thing for Boyzone will be in 2013 which will mark our 20th anniversary and there is talk of an anniversary tour and an album." It seems there's always lots of talk where Keith Duffy is concerned. Contrary to the rumours that were flying hither and thither last month, the Dubliner has not cashed in his Coronation Street chips. Yes, there will be a dramatic - but not terminal - storyline that will take his character, Ciaran McCarthy, towards Christmas. "I get loads of opportunity to show all my flair from all different angles", he says. "Ciaran gambles away all his wedding money and then gets into trouble with Michelle (Kym Marsh) and then he robs a bistro to get his money back and then he gets caught. It's great." But don't write Ciaran off even then. "It's very much open", he says of his Corrie future. "The producers said that while they understood my family commitments in Ireland, they told me to remember that there was always a job for me on the Street."

For now, his life is on stage with Big Maggie. "Teddy is a bit of a ******* but a very charming one", he says. "There are also lines in the play that suggest he is very attractive and all the women fancy him. I don't know how I'm going to pull that one off." He laughs. Hang on a second there Duster, didn't we just see you on TV recently, shortlisted for one of those Best Looking Hunks in Soaps awards? He shrugs sheepishly. "For the last ten years I was nominated as Britain's sexiest soap star and every year I get down to the last few before Scott Marsden pips me at the post", he says. "Me granny and me wife are always saying 'I don't know what they see in him, he's an ugly fecker' but they might be biased. The thing is I'd love to get out of that 'you look great but can you act?' bracket. Druid will hopefully make other actors look at me differently."

In the past, critics have battered Keith Duffy's acting: the gist of the criticism being Dorothy Parker's classic putdown of running the 'gamut of emotions from A to B.' Sticks and stones to a man with a bulletproof belief in his own worth. "When I came into this business from the boyband, a lot of actors frowned at me", he says. "They thought that the only reason Coronation Street hired me was because I was a familiar face and I would add to the ratings. They didn't realise that I have a love and flair for the acting. It was always an ambition of mine to be an actor."

Duffy, whose parents, Patricia and Sean, were both in amateur drama, made his stage debut at 12 years old. "I was the lead gangster in a school production", he says. "My mother still has the photographs at home." His father was also a veteran of the showband circuit and Duffy Jnr admits that the old man was "a much better singer than I ever was". When Boyzone were 'dormant', Duffy flexed his thespian muscles with a starry turn in The Clinic (RTÉ) and the Dublin stage play, Dandelions. But Druid is another step up the ladder. "This is a big challenge for me, without a doubt", admits Duffy.

His daughter Mia, who was diagnosed with autism in 2001, also entertains showbiz ambitions. "Mia is now saying that she wants to be an actor. But she wants to be a funny actor, she wants to do comedy. She is quite funny in fact. She can mimic anything that she has seen on TV. But I don't know what Mia will do. Right now she's doing fantastic and we're very proud of her, but she has long way to go. She does ballet, piano lessons and is on her second year of life-saving courses. We try to keep her as busy as we can and she likes to be in a routine."

Following Mia's diagnosis, Keith and Lisa's relationship struggled. "When Mia came along it was very rocky for a while but we always managed to get through", he says. "You have to work at a marriage because nobody is perfect. When you're together as long as we've been together (17 years last September), you know what buttons to press to p*** the other person off. The good thing is that you've been there before so you've had that row. We don't raise the voices any more. It might be the quiet treatment for a couple of hours and then one or the other will come forward and say sorry. But things are great at the moment. We are very lucky to have each other."

Stephen Gately, who used to call Duffy 'Kitty', was a close friend of Duffy and his family. "It's still devastating even today", he says of the singer's tragic death in 2009. "Back then it was difficult to control your emotions no matter where you were or who you were with. You'd get waves of emotion that would floor you and you'd end up crying your eyes out in front of people, especially after a few drinks. But I have great faith. I wouldn't be a big churchgoer but I do believe in God and Jesus and Mary. I say my prayers and talk to them. And I talk to Stephen. I have belief in the afterlife and that Stephen is waiting for me there. That's what keeps me going: my faith. But there are days that I miss him terribly."

Duffy is still bouncing - and bubbling - with enthusiasm 30 minutes after we meet. Pumped up with ideas and ambitions, he believes that Big Maggie and Druid could be the start of something big - or serious. He talks about the joy of being able to have breakfast with his family, he fiddles with the notion of relocating to Manchester with his family for Corrie and he speculates about a number of big TV dramas slated for production in Ireland in 2012. Sure he wants a piece of that action but he's keeping his cards close to his chest. "My usual thing is to say I'm doing this or that and then I don't get the gig and I end up with egg on me face and I look like a dope", he says."So I'm not saying anything until the contracts are signed!"

Perdita
12-11-2011, 11:46
Coronation Street star Keith Duffy has revealed details of his dramatic Christmas exit storyline.

Duffy told RTÉ that alter ego Ciaran McCarthy will steal from his restaurant after losing money on the horses.

"Ciaran gambles away all his wedding money and then gets into trouble with Michelle (Kym Marsh) and then he robs a bistro to get his money back and then he gets caught," he said. "It's great."

The 37-year-old, who is starring in an upcoming Irish theatre show, believes that his autumn return has challenged him as an actor.

The Boyzone singer added: "I get loads of opportunity to show all my flair from all different angles."

Duffy quit Corrie permanently in September after nearly ten years in Weatherfield on-and-off.

Perdita
14-11-2011, 17:38
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has teased how Michelle Connor reacts angrily when she discovers that her fiancé Ciaran McCarthy has gambled away their wedding cash.

Michelle's parents send over funds for an upmarket venue later this week. However, things go wrong when she gives the cash to Ciaran to take care of and he ends up losing it to Karl Munro (John Michie) in a poker game.

Ciaran (Keith Duffy) hopes to keep his foolish mistake under wraps in upcoming episodes, but it doesn't take long for Michelle to discover the truth.

Marsh told Take It Easy of the scenes: "She thought that he loved her and he wanted to marry her, but the fact that he's gambled their money makes her feel that she means nothing to him.

"She feels insignificant, like he wants to go off and enjoy himself and have a flighty life and that's not what she wants."

The couple's current storyline sees them realise that they may want different things as Ciaran hopes to return to the cruise ships, while Michelle wants to stay on the street.

Asked how Michelle would choose between Ciaran and the cobbles, Marsh replied: "I know she'd want to go with Ciaran - she adores him and he does love her, but leaving the street, her job and her friends may be a tough choice."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
17-11-2011, 14:58
Coronation Street star Keith Duffy has revealed that he may make a permanent move to the UK next year if the soap's bosses want him back.

The actor recently finished filming a brief return stint in the role of Ciaran McCarthy after deciding that he needs to be back home with his family in Ireland this year.

Keith and his wife Lisa are parents to 15-year-old Jay and 11-year-old Mia, who has autism.

Reflecting on his choice to bow out from Coronation Street, Duffy told The Sun: "It wasn't an easy decision. I sat down with my wife Lisa and she said, 'Keith, I really need you here and the kids need you here'.

"Mia is autistic and very set in her ways. Routine is vital in her life. And it's my son's first year of major exams at school. He's doing the equivalent of his GCSEs this year. Lisa does the rugby run, swimming run, ballet run and school run for the kids. She has been brilliant but, at the same time, the kids need their daddy around.

"Moving the family over to England from Dublin wasn't an option just yet because Mia needs to finish her school year where she is at the moment. So I came in to see the Coronation Street producers and explained I was going to have to sit this year out in Ireland."

He added: "Hopefully, if they want me back the following year, then I might consider relocating the family to the UK next summer. They were very supportive, so we'll see what happens."

Coronation Street viewers will see Ciaran decide to leave the cobbles next week.

Perdita
17-11-2011, 15:11
Keith Duffy has revealed that he is a tad jealous of his teenage son Jay - because he has more fans.

The former Boyzone crooner - who is back on TV screens in Coronation Street as hunky chef Ciaran McCarthy - admitted that the 15-year-old Justin Bieber lookalike, who starred in rival soap Hollyoaks, gets all the autograph requests these days.

"He winds me up about it. He's taller than me now - he's 6ft 1in - and he tells me he's better looking than me and that all the women like him more," he told The Sun.

"In front of him I pretend it doesn't bother me because he'd only be worse. So I say, 'Yeah, right, you're only a kid'. But it does worry me - nobody likes to feel they're getting old."

The 37-year-old added: "If I get girls running up to me now, it's nice and makes me feel as if I still have a bit of pull - but most of the time they come up to me and say, 'My granny loves you!'."

Keith, who is happily married to wife Lisa, relishes playing ladies' man Ciaran on the ITV1 soap, because it's worlds apart from his true self.

"He's nothing like me, which is why I love playing him. I've been with my wife for 17 years, whereas Ciaran is still young, free and single," he revealed.

PA

Perdita
19-11-2011, 06:55
Coronation Street star Keith Duffy has said that he believes Ciaran McCarthy and Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) make a "great" couple.

The former Boyzone member, who recently finished a brief return stint on the soap, claimed that his character was ready to abandon his womanising ways.

"Yeah, I think they're great [together]," he told The Mirror. "Ciaran has had a roving eye for years and has bed-hopped all his life, but at this stage I think he does want to settle down and marry Michelle."

Duffy added that he was happy to be involved in a big Coronation Street wedding before leaving the show.

"When you're working in this job you want the big storylines," he said. "Especially when you don't go home to your family every night. So the busier you are the better. A Corrie wedding is always eventful."

Duffy said that he was willing to move from Ireland to the UK next year in order to stay on Coronation Street.

Perdita
27-06-2012, 15:49
Keith Duffy has declared that he remains upbeat about a potential return to Coronation Street.

The Boyzone singer and actor, who portrays Ciaran McCarthy, was last seen in Weatherfield in November last year.

When asked by Loose Women's Jane McDonald whether he would return to the soap for a third stint, Duffy proclaimed: "I would, I love the show."

Explaining his exit, Duffy said: "It's just, my family are based in Dublin and when I did Coronation Street, I was commuting over and backwards every weekend and it was very difficult.

"I made a conscious decision in September to come home for a year because my son was doing his big exam and my daughter was moving from national school to secondary school. I just needed to be at home for a year."

Duffy's 12-year-old daughter Mia suffers with autism.

Perdita
31-10-2014, 11:08
Keith Duffy has revealed that he expects to return to Coronation Street at some point in the future.

The Boyzone star bowed out of his role as Ciaran McCarthy in 2011 after two stints in the ITV soap.
http://i2.cdnds.net/11/30/soaps_corrie_keith_duffy.jpg
Keith Duffy as Ciaran McCarthy
© ITV
Keith Duffy as Ciaran McCarthy
http://i2.cdnds.net/11/44/300x225/soaps_corrie_7737_2.jpg
Ciaran insists he wants to return to the cruise ship
© ITV
Ciaran with Michelle (Kym Marsh)

Duffy made his debut on the show in 2002 as Peter Barlow's friend, before leaving three years later. He later returned to the role in 2010.

Speaking to the Irish Independent, Duffy said: "I do keep in touch with people in Manchester. I worked there on and off for about 10 years when I was on Coronation Street.

"To be honest, I will return to it but I'm not sure when and I don't know for how long, but I reckon Ciaran McCarthy will definitely walk down the cobbles again."

Duffy is currently focusing on his music career with Boyzone, and the band are due to release a Motown album at Christmas.

I had a feeling he might be back when the storyline with Steve's depression started .. great news if he does come back :D

Perdita
01-12-2016, 18:59
Keith Duffy hints at return to Coronation Street to ’cause more trouble and stir things up’
Keith Duffy has dropped his biggest hint yet that he could be returning to the Corrie cobbles.
The former Boyzone hunk, who played barman Ciaran McCarthy, hasn’t been seen in Weatherfield for nearly five years.
But today fans of the 42-year-old Irishman will be pleased to hear he wants to make his Rovers Return.
Speaking to Soaplife magazine he said: “Corrie is something that’s never left me.
“Everywhere I go, I still get people coming up and talking to me about
“Coronation Street was a huge part of my life.
“I was there for 10 years on and off, from 2002 to 2011.
“I loved the character of Ciaran and I’d like to think that, one day, he’ll be back on the cobbles, causing more trouble and stirring things up.”
Meanwhile, Keith has a lot to keep him busy at the moment as he has joined forces with fellow Irish singer Brain McFadden to create new group Boyzlife.
We revealed earlier this year how the boys, who have combined their former groups names Westlife and Boyzone together, would be heading out on the road.
The new project, which is being backed and funded by hotel giant Hilton, will see the pair take to the stage to perform a mix of their old bands’ biggest hits, including No Matter What and Flying Without Wings.
It is the brainchild of Keith who went joined the Corrie cast after Boyzone originally split in 2000.
Now both he and Brian, who quit Westlife in 2004, are hoping it will open the door to a full-blown merger involving more of their former bandmates.

https://fb-s-d-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/15253593_737557876393043_8077437529064932068_n.jpg ?oh=a0eddf63f793ba61a3e1e6898fbc8112&oe=58C59A46&__gda__=1488957675_2101e2e45bc72f4a4272ea1b235f75c d

Perdita
19-10-2017, 05:56
Keith Duffy has hinted at a Coronation Street comeback for Ciaran McCarthy.

Appearing on today's (October 17) Lorraine, Keith was asked if he would ever return to Weatherfield and he seemed up for it, but added that it probably wouldn't happen next year due to Boyzone's 25th anniversary celebrations.

"I mean, obviously myself and Brian [McFadden] are flat-out for the rest of the year, and then next year is a big year for Boyzone. Maybe in 2019, you might get Ciaran McCarthy back from the Caribbean and get him walking down the cobbles again," he teased.

If you're wondering why he involved Westlife's Brian McFadden in that, it's because Brian will be opening for Boyzone on their 25th anniversary tour.

And, who knows, maybe Brian will appear on Corrie too, with him joking that Ciaran could return with "his little cousin Jimmy".

It's not the first time that Keith has spoken about a return to the ITV soap with him not ruling out a comeback last year, noting that he was thankful to the show for opening new doors for him in the entertainment world.

"I haven't got time to go back right now, but Corrie is definitely something I'd do again," he explained. "I enjoyed my time there, and they're a great bunch of people to work with."

He also explained that he formed Boyzlife with Brian because he found himself typecast given his boyband and soap background.

Digital Spy

Would love for him to come back but please not paired with Michelle again ... :nono:

LouiseP
19-10-2017, 08:27
Had forgotten all about him !