PDA

View Full Version : how funny was the last episode

stacyefc
03-06-2005, 12:34
when that man was in it mr i can't even remember his name but it was funny the way he acted although he did make a show of scousers

Treacle
03-06-2005, 12:38
That man who they hung out the window?

I thought the last episode was excruciatingly painful after years of being a top soap :)

dddMac1
03-06-2005, 13:45
i remember that episode really well i cried at the End when Jimmy wrote Brookside Closed on the Sign

Meh
03-06-2005, 13:50
I missed the last episode. What happened?

dddMac1
03-06-2005, 14:05
i remember Jimmy and Nicky where chatting about Political things they where Burning a lot of stuff then Ron goes to him that he never wants to see him ever again then Jimmy marty and a few others started boarding the windows of all the houses Jimmy Wrote Game over on the Boards.it would be good if they showed it again

Treacle
03-06-2005, 15:00
I have a clip of that somewhere.

Chris_2k11
04-06-2005, 03:17
I cried at the end. Especially when Jimmy put a "D" on the end of the road sign, making it spell "Brookside Closed." I also thought it was sad when he was walking down the close, and it showed like a birdseye view of the road, and then the theme tune music started to come on :o and then the final part was when the writing, "the end of an era..." came up across the screen, that was quite sad too :o Things that annoyed me about the final episode were the fact that it wasn't screened in a prime-time slot, instead it was shown about midnight or something! :mad: The last episode also didn't show enough flashback's of things that happened on the close over the 21 year period (it showed a few, but hardly any!). And also when it actually finished, and the credits rolled for the last time, it showed some pictures of the character's that had been in the last episode, and I was annoyed that it didn't show pictures of most of the characters that had been in the show years ago, etc. I did enjoy the last episode, but thought it could have been better. I do still miss brookie, although towards the end, i did think it became more like a Hollyoaks type soap, especially with the family and kids that ended up moving into Mick's old house (sorry, forgot their surname now!). Something's just dawned on me too... Brookside lasted 21 years... and EastEnders has been going through a big bad patch, and they'll be 21 years old too, come this time next year. So what do you think, is EastEnders about to start going the same way as Brookside from now? i.e. slowly beginning to get worse and worse? :searchme: In my opinion, EastEnders is on the up, and should hopefully stay that way!

melmarshall858
04-06-2005, 07:22
i think that the last few episodes were a real let down it was as though the producers only had a few episodes to wrap everything up - - although they did have a few months at least. the incinerator story line was silly and the way they all sold up and moved out within a matter of a week or so. the gordons were an ok family i liked the younger daughter who was dating steve murrey although i dont think that they went into what happened to her at the siege well enough the other sister was ok too (ruth) although i thought all the jealousy between her and nikki was a bit silly. the boys both had a silly part in it and as for the parents - what was the point.the father got killed off almost imediately and the viewers didnt care cause they didnt know him and as for the mother well dont get me started. didnt like the way tim moved on after emily's death either - and as for him and steve turning into gangsters hardly.
the hanging oif that man was too extreme and taking things too far - these last few plots wrecked the memory of brookside although if you look at it from a writers pointof view how do you end a long running soap? without it seeming silly

Treacle
04-06-2005, 15:20
The sad thing is some of the later episodes only concentrated on about six characters so you missed the interaction. It was more a trashy Hollyoaks type show before it ended though.
I wouldn't say 20 is a cursed year for soaps because Neighbours is okay.

~Sooz~
04-06-2005, 21:17
It did go downhill at the end and it wasn't how it used to be but I wish a sky channel would pick it up and show it again. It used to be cutting edge stuff for its era, I'm not sure when it started to go downhill, I can't really remember now. :searchme:

Treacle
04-06-2005, 21:37
It became cringeworthy TV in the end though and ridiculed it's many millions of fans who once enjoyed it. Phil Redmond is a swine :mad:

dddMac1
22-07-2005, 09:25
although Brookside finished almost two years ago i still Expect to see it in the tv Schedule guess i'm still missing it

Chris_2k11
22-07-2005, 09:44
I think it's ridiculous the way they never seem to repeat any episodes.

Bryan
26-07-2005, 10:12
I think it's ridiculous the way they never seem to repeat any episodes.

im sure its shown on one of the channels like granda plus or something...no it was living tv for brookside wasnt it? :searchme:

Bryan
26-07-2005, 10:45
and in reponse to the thread title "how funny was the last episode" not at all, how can you suggest that the end to a long running top soap could be funny, it was very sad and emotional

i_luv_dennis
26-07-2005, 14:29
does any one no where to get the video from repeating the last ever episode

Treacle
27-07-2005, 01:21
It wasn't a very good end considering it was the top soap second only to EastEnders in it's heyday.

Treacle
27-07-2005, 01:21
It's not being repeated at the moment but they have showed old Brookie episodes on both Sky One and LivingTV before.

i_luv_dennis
27-07-2005, 09:38
i no how said was it whenn jimmy put brookside closed

Treacle
27-07-2005, 13:49
I've e-mailed Sky One who I think still have the contract for Brookie and I'm going to see if they plan on putting on some old episodes. I think it had a graveyard slot on there anyways when they did show it! E4 would be the most natural place being Channel 4's Digital Channel but it's got a more younger feel so re-running the heyday of Brookside on there may be considered too old?