PDA

View Full Version : Banner Rule?

squarelady
03-06-2005, 12:17
Was just wondering if there is a rule on the length of signatures? (Sorry if there is a topic on this already somewhere!)

Treacle
03-06-2005, 12:26
I don't think so. As long as it's not massive.

Meh
03-06-2005, 12:29
There's no hard and fast rules at the moment as most banners seem to have a height of approx 100 and a width of 500. Leeching images is not allowed, as well as using someone elses banner without their permission.

The length of signatures is a different matter. Stacked banners aren't allowed and having huge text with them is a def no no. Any sigs that are too big just get edited by the staff. We just assume that most members are considerate enough to have reasonable sized signatures.

Some users have permission to put links in their sigs back to their own site - e.g. *Fanatic* Loves Dennis* for her petition, otherwise traffic linking to your own site is not allowed.

Hope that helps.

squarelady
03-06-2005, 12:42
That helps loads, thank you! *runs off to edit signature* - Do you have to gain permission to have a link in your signature?

Treacle
03-06-2005, 12:44
What link were you hoping to use?

squarelady
03-06-2005, 12:51
It's a link to my own messageboard - Technically advertising so I'm thinking I'm probably not allowed to have it right?

Meh
03-06-2005, 12:52
That helps loads, thank you! *runs off to edit signature* - Do you have to gain permission to have a link in your signature?

As long as the link doesn't link back to your own site, or a site you have a vested interest in. If it does link back to your site, drop me an email ([email protected]) and maybe we can workout a link exchange :)

Treacle
03-06-2005, 12:54
It's a link to my own messageboard - Technically advertising so I'm thinking I'm probably not allowed to have it right?
Just drop GR an e-mail.

squarelady
03-06-2005, 12:55
Okay thanks GR - I'll be in touch! :)