PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Babylon 2009

megan999
07-06-2009, 16:43
Hotel Babylon is back next week with Nigel Harman replacing Max Beesley :cheer:

Hannelene
07-06-2009, 16:47
I :heart: Nigel I will definitely be watching this series now.

Katy
07-06-2009, 18:40
I never really saw the first few series of this but the few episodes i did watch were good. I loved max Beesley though, although seeing Nigel HArman will be good to.

Layne
07-06-2009, 19:01
Next week - that soon already :cheer: I'm a big Hotel Babylon fan, and i quite like Nigel (:p) so i will be tuning in :) Won't be the same without Max though :(

megan999
13-06-2009, 18:19
Hotel Babylon returns this Friday 19 June 2009 at 9pm BBC1:thumbsup:. This will be series 4.

tammyy2j
13-06-2009, 21:31
Cant Wait - Its good to see Nigel back on tv

JustJodi
13-06-2009, 22:15
I am not fussy... HOWEVER Nigel will do just fine:bow: just have to have some EYE candy :p Nigel will fit the bill quite nicely :D

I am so glad they are bringing the show back :thumbsup:

Jodi

Layne
13-06-2009, 22:22
Im SO glad they've brought it back :D I'd watch it just for Dexter though - i love tony :wub: :) I think Nigel will be good in it - and agree its nice to see him back!

Chris_2k11
13-06-2009, 23:30
I used to watch this ages ago when it was first on, is Tamzin Outhwaite still in it?

Dutchgirl
16-06-2009, 13:59
I used to watch this ages ago when it was first on, is Tamzin Outhwaite still in it?
She left one serie ago.

I just love to see Nigel Harman. He was so cute in EE. The trailer does indicate towards some intersting storylines.

Perdita
19-06-2009, 09:55
Former nurse and glamour girl Abi Titmuss has become a nun. No, the Celebrity Love Island and lads' mag favourite hasn't given up flashing the flesh for a life of celibacy and solitude, but she can be found donning a habit on this week's episode of Hotel Babylon. We gave Abi call to find out more about her role as Sister Violet and got to the bottom of various scurrilous rumours about the brassy Lincolnshire beauty.

How did you get involved with Hotel Babylon?
"First of all, I got asked to do a cameo role playing myself going into the hotel, like quite a lot of celebrities do. I told them that I was really sorry, but I really didn't want to do that. I said that I would love to be on the show, but I'm a trained actress and I don't want to just be Abi Titmuss. I just said, 'If there's any chance of me doing another part, please let me know'. So I met the casting director, who filmed me and said they would get back to me. It took a year and I thought I'd blown it, but then they came back with the character of a nun! I think is just one the best bits of casting ever."

What can you tell us about your character, Sister Violet?
"Sister Violet is sweet caring nun. I'm not sure how much I can say, but basically all the characters meet up in a hotel for a reason, something happens and Sister Violet has something to do with it. She is a proper lovely nun and not a naughty nun. But she's just a bit accident prone."

Did you do any method acting and research for life as a nun? Take home the habit costume to practise?
"Haha no, I didn't. I went to a Catholic school as a girl, where we were sometimes taught by nuns and priests, so I just recalled my memories."

You've done lots of theatre work. Would you like to break through and do mainstream TV?
"I'd love to do a period drama or something like a Miss Marple or Poirot. I like doing things where I don't look like me. Hence my joy at playing a nun with the full habit. I'd love to do a soap. They're the staple diet of the UK and rightly so. They come up with some terrific storylines and have some great actors in them. Actually, the one thing I would love to do is play a nurse one day. When I was working on the wards, the other nurses would say, 'Abi, we'll know you've made it when you play a nurse.' So something like Holby City or Casualty would be brilliant."

Have you had lots of requests to appear in TV shows without very many clothes on?
"When I did my first ever play in 2006, it was an Arthur Miller play and I won an award for that, so I thought it was all going to be really easy. But the first five scripts that I got after that, were 'Act One, Abi's clothes fall off'. I think it's great to be wanted for any type of work as an actress, but I wanted to stretch myself and stop playing myself all the time. If I was offered a film with loads of sex scenes and nudity, I'd have to assess how good it was. If it was working with Woody Allen, then I'd obviously take it!"

Have you turned your back on reality TV now?
"I've done that and I had a brilliant time doing it. I'm very grateful for those opportunities - I mean, living on a desert Island near Fiji for six weeks was pretty cool on Love Island - but I'd like to move on from that now. But, you know, I did Celebrity Come Dine With Me and that went down a storm. I've never had as many texts and calls after being on any show. So some reality shows can be a very enjoyable experience, but acting is where I am now."

Can we clarify some rumours about you that often circulate online? Is it true you turned down Mickey Rourke's advances?
"This was probably three of four years ago at V Festival. He got his people to call me and go over and meet him for a talk. I suppose that's just what he does. I was dating Lee Sharpe at the time and he said, 'Go on babe, it's Mickey Rourke! Go and say hello to him, but don't go home with him.' He asked me out to go out a party that night and I just said, 'I would absolutely love to actually, but I'm with Lee'. I just told him to crack on and my exact words were, 'There's loads of girls here, I'm sure you won't have any trouble!'"

Is it true that you regularly play poker naked?
"Erm... sometimes, yes. I do play poker a lot and I play online. If you're online, no one can see you! That's the great thing about being online, you can sit down and play any time of day, wearing anything. Sometimes I'm naked, sometimes I'm in very unsexy, fluffy pyjamas. I also played in the World Series of Poker last year with Ben Affleck. He was sat next to me and trying not to stare at my boobs. I was wearing a low-cut top as part of my strategy. I think it worked!"

Finally, did you really say the following quote: "I love sex. I've always been really good with my tongue and it's very long, girls love it as well"?
"I'm so glad that you asked me this! Because this is one of those lines that I have never, ever, ever, ever said! It's not even something I would have dreamed of saying in my heyday, when my job was just taking my clothes off. There's various other quotes like that which always come back up, but I would never be that crude. I may talk about sex in a funny way for a glamour shoot. If you're posing in your bra and pants for Loaded, you're not going to give quotes about classical music and Latin. But I would never come up with something as crude as that!"

You may have not said it, but is it true?
"Of course it's not true! I don't even have a long tongue, it's just utterly ridiculous. Who on Earth made that up I don't know! When I was working in that industry things just started to spiral out of control, because when someone writes something like that, it's there in print forever. There's another one where I apparently said: 'I'm not like the other girls, I really love sex, I'm dirty and bad'. Even the grammar of it, it's just not how I would speak. Sorry for getting on my soap box about that, but I just wanted to set the record straight on that one."

Do you have any regrets about your time glamour modelling?
"I do regret allowing myself to become so sexualised by the media, but I was just trying to make the best of it. I've now taken some semblance of control for myself, but it's been difficult. I don't really regret any of it though. I wouldn't be speaking to you now without it all. It's been six years now since it all happened and what did I really do? If a male model had done underwear shots, no one would give a monkeys. So what, I've had some sex, big deal! Like Marilyn Monroe said, 'Big tits, big ass, big deal. How long can you be sexy?'"

Hotel Babylon returns Friday, June 19 at 9pm on BBC One

Chloe O'brien
04-07-2009, 01:21
Classic line tonight from Emma Pierson who gave birth to a baby girl in tonight's episode she named her daughter Scarlett Rose after something very prescious to Anna her lipstick. Classic. :lol:

megan999
04-07-2009, 16:29
Great episode, Gino trying to get rid of the gun just cracked me up especially when he was trying to flush it down the toilet:rotfl: Gino = comedy genius

megan999
15-08-2009, 18:41
I didn't enjoy this series as much as the previous series. That new receptionist isn't a patch on Anna. I saw no chemistry between Juliet and Sam, but what a bombshell Karen dropped!!! I take it there'll be a series 5 then?? Why is Sam going to Hawaii? Missed that bit.:p

Hannelene
15-08-2009, 18:43
I forgot to watch it
Did I miss much?

megan999
17-08-2009, 16:43
I forgot to watch it
Did I miss much?
It was an okay episode. There was an upper class dating agency function held at Babylon which was attended by one of Juliet's old friends called Karen (played by Michelle Collins). One of the staff, the blonde one (is she the publicist?) forgot her name, sorry, was sexually assulted by a rich man attending the dating function. Sam found out and punched the man. Later on Sam and the blonde woman shared a drink and a moment :heart: Later, Karen was revealed as having lied on her application form for the dating agency and was humilated, so Karen thought everyone was against her , including Juliet, and told Sam that Juliet got rid of the baby when they divorced (Juliet was pregnant but never told Sam). Obviously Sam was very upset. Anyways at the end he was wondering if he should choose between Juliet or the blonde woman. Cue for Series 5.......:hmm: