PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United Thread

tammyy2j
03-06-2009, 12:33
So who is out the door this summer and who will be in?

Is Ronaldo saga continuing this summer and will he leave for Real Madrid?

Who will replace Fergie when he does eventually retire?

Siobhan
03-06-2009, 12:39
You are going to start a lot of threads here on each team... not everyone is a man u supporter

Perdita
03-06-2009, 13:55
Nor is everybody interested in football alltogether :lol: (I am though :))

lizann
03-06-2009, 15:53
Manchester United should keep Carlos Tevez

Katy
03-06-2009, 18:36
Manchester United should keep Carlos Tevez

He'll be at a different club before the season is out, Fergie has missed his chance there i think by not playing him enough last season, hopefully he will come where the money is and come across the City, we could really do with him. As Barry as shown the footballers are not interested in the champions league they are interested in the money and playing.

I have a feeling there will be a few players going this season from united. With Neville being eyed up by Middlesborough, that would be a good move for him if he can keep his fitness up.

tammyy2j
05-06-2009, 13:44
Manchester United have landed a world record £20m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal.

United have replaced failed American *insurance giant AIG with another US *company, the Aon Corporation, who have agreed a *four-year deal, starting in 2010-11.

United chief executive David Gill claimed the sponsorship “strengthened United’s position as one of the world’s biggest clubs”.

Aon, the Chicago-based global financial services company, has agreed one of the biggest sponsorships in world sport and a record for football.

Bayern Munich’s £17m four-year deal with telecommunications company T-Home was the previous highest.

Gill added: “We are *delighted to be entering such an important *relationship with a *company of the *stature of Aon and to have its logo adorn our shirts from the start of the 2010-11 *season.”

Aon chief executive Greg Case said: “It is a unique opportunity when two *leaders in their respective fields can come together in a *partnership like this.

“Manchester United is one of the most recognised sports brands in the world.”

In contrast, Barcelona donate £1.5m a year to Unicef in order to wear the *charity’s logo.

AIG, United’s current sponsors, had to end their four-year deal after being bailed out by the US Treasury.

Meanwhile, Gill met with Carlos Tevez’s advisor Kia Joorabchian yesterday. United are believed to be willing to pay the asking price, but the Argentine ace has asked for time before committing himself.

Perdita
11-06-2009, 14:32
Ronaldo is playing for Real Madrid next season. Doubt it will make much difference to Man U's success.

alan45
11-06-2009, 14:36
80 million quid for a footballer is disgusting. The world has gone completely MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All he does is kick a ball about for 90 minutes. Its not as though he discovered a cure for Cancer:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 14:39
Ronaldo is playing for Real Madrid next season. Doubt it will make much difference to Man U's success.

Really?
Is that for definite?

Perdita
11-06-2009, 16:04

Really?
Is that for definite?

Yep, for a fee of £80m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8094720.stm

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 16:06
Just read it on the Daily Mail site :(
But I can't believe the money this deal is for:eek:

Perdita
11-06-2009, 16:08
I know, it is obscene imo. :eek:

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 16:10
It is when you think all they really do is play football and fall out of nightclubs with wanna-be wags :(

Katy
11-06-2009, 19:00
and fergie has the cheek to call man city for what they paid for Robinho.

had a feeling he would go, as much as i hate man united it is probably for the best he has gone, no man is beter than the club. Should be interesting to see who Fergie lines up as a replacement.

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 19:05
I wonder who will be the replacement! Will it be an English player or someone from another European country?

Katy
11-06-2009, 19:12
a lot of my friends are talking about either Ribery, who is a good player or Valencia from Wigan! They seem to be the rumours that are circulating. They are OK but nothing compared to Ronaldo, 60 goals in 2 seasons. That takes some replacing. If you think about the goals he scored like that 40 yarder against porto in the semi final without that one to get him through the other players didnt look like scoring.

I think Tevez could stay because of this though. I mean Fergie now has the money to keep him on, and he could play a different formation and include both him and Rooney.

tammyy2j
11-06-2009, 20:21
Manchester United have accepted a world record £80 million bid from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

After warding off the Spanish club's interest in the Portuguese World Player of the Year this time last year, United said in a statement on Thursday that talks could begin over a possible transfer to the nine-times European champions.

"Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of 80 million pounds for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid," the club said.

"At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

"Matters are expected to be concluded by June 30."

Real Madrid confirmed they had made an offer for Ronaldo.

"The club expects to reach an agreement with the player in coming days," Real said in a statement.

Should Real complete the signing of the 24-year-old it would seal a remarkable double after the Spanish giants snapped up Brazilian playmaker Kaka from Milan this week for a fee reported to be around £58m.

Kaka was the first player to be signed since Florentino Perez returned to the presidency this month and Real Madrid appear intent on continuing their spending spree despite the disapproval of European governing body UEFA.

"It is very puzzling at a time when football faces some of its worst ever financial challenges," UEFA president Michel Platini said.

"These transfers are a serious challenge to the idea of fair play and the concept of financial balance in our competitions."

United have always rejected the advances of Real for their most prized asset, even threatening to report them to FIFA last year over their pursuit of the player.

However, they now seemed resigned to losing Ronaldo, who has always said it would be his dream to play for Real, albeit for a staggering sum of money.

Ronaldo joined United from Sporting Lisbon in 2003 as an 18-year-old in the wake of David Beckham's move to Real Madrid and quickly established himself as arguably the most high-profile player in the Premier League.

His goals have helped United win three consecutive Premier League titles as well as the Champions League last year when he scored in the final against Chelsea.

In the 2007-08 season he scored 42 goals which topped the previous club record for a midfielder held by George Best. Last season he managed 26 goals, taking his tally for United to 118 in 292 appearances.

In January he beat Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres to win FIFA's World Player of the Year award, the first player from an English club to win it.

United must now concentrate on replacing Ronaldo. Moves for one or more of Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery, Wigan's Antonio Valencia and Lyon forward Karim Benzema would go some way to filling the void.

Real's cash could allow Ferguson to keep Carlos Tevez, who had appeared close to leaving after United refused to meet the £32m price tag set by his economic rights holders, although the two parties remain apart on the Argentine's wage demands.

I knew after they lost the champions league he would leave - its a shame :(

Chloe O'brien
12-06-2009, 00:12
He had to go the offer was too good to turn down. When Ronaldo came to Man U six years ago he was an unknown just think of the amount of Ronaldo's they can buy with £80 Million quid. I agree the money they got for him is ludicrious but it's reality no footballer is worth that especially most of today's young footballers they'll will never be as good as George Best, Pele or Kenny Dalgliesh

lizann
12-06-2009, 12:47

Of course it will make a difference. Ronaldo and Rooney are probably United best players by far - Edwin van der Sar, Giggs and Scholes are old and near retiring and now with Tevez and Ronaldo gone United will suffer unless they can buy the quality players.

Dimitar Berbatov has been a waste of a buy he is a disaster :thumbsdow

United need a good midfielder, winger, striker, goalkeeper and defender (i dont think they ever bought a player similar to Keane since his departure) Hargreaves is injured, Carrick isnt a great player.

Perdita
12-06-2009, 12:51
Does not seem to matter where Man U is concerned - talking of always coming back smelling of roses, or in their case, silver ware in form of large cups. :)

sindydoll
12-06-2009, 13:03
united suporters have been waiting for this to happen for a long time! his heart went out of united when he was turned down last time! and £80m can buy more than one player and much better player than ronaldo...so well done united for bagging £80m on one player

lizann
13-06-2009, 14:05
Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery, Lyon striker Karim Benzema and Wigan midfielder Antonio Valencia so these are Fergie top targets

Katy
13-06-2009, 17:08
Looks like David Villa is on his way to Madrid as well! So that was one if his targets gone. I think Ribery is good but his proce tag is 55 million and i really dont think he is that good.

I think Valencia will be his best bet afterall he has premier league experience.

I still think that United will do well next season, but i think they wioll miss Ronaldos goals. THey wont miss his little temper tantrums though. They were very amusing though.

tammyy2j
16-06-2009, 14:47
Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has claimed Chelsea, Manchester United and Barcelona have made offers for France playmaker Franck Ribery.

Ribery is a known target for big-spending Real Madrid but Rummenigge has revealed three of their European rivals have stolen a march in their pursuit of the 26-year-old.

The former Germany international, speaking in an interview with Bild newspaper, said: "We are relaxed and proud that we have one of the best three players in the world under contract.

Asked if Madrid made an offer, he replied: "No but other clubs have done.

"Chelsea have lodged a bid, as have Manchester United and Barcelona.

"We are completely relaxed about it. The power lies with Bayern Munich."

Bayern have repeatedly insisted Ribery is not for sale, and Rummenigge is adamant the club will not relent and cash in on their prize asset.

He added: "I don't want to talk about sums of money because it is not in our interest.

"The amount is irrelevant.

"There is always going to be the perception that Bayern Munich are trying to push the price up and that there is a certain value at which we'll have to accept, but I'll say it again: we want to keep Ribery.

"A player has to respect his contract, in his case until 2011. He is on holiday now and then we want to have a successful season with Franck next year."

Rummenigge is concerned at the figures being splashed around this summer with Real Madrid having spent £56 million on Kaka and agreeing a world-record £80m fee with Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It makes me concerned for the future," he said.

"These amounts would not be possible in Germany due to the license agreements but in Spain the rules are different.

"I have already arranged a meeting with (UEFA president) Michel Platini to discuss the matter.

"We need to have new rules regarding financial fairplay."

I hope United get him

tammyy2j
19-06-2009, 12:39
Sir Alex Ferguson has been told he can have prime target Karim Benzema – if he comes up with £30m.

The 21-year-old Lyon striker is the hottest property in France and Manchester United have been trailing him for the past two years. Until now Lyon have insisted they are not willing to sell. But now they have admitted they will do business if the price is right.

And that kind of money would not be a problem for Ferguson, with United raking in £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo – and a further £120m in two huge sponsorship deals.

United yesterday announced a five-year, £8m-a-year deal with Chinese electronics giant Aigo, following the four-year, £80m shirt sponsorship with American insurance company AON two weeks ago.

Add an impending £6m deal with Hull for striker Fraizer Campbell and Ferguson is armed with one of the fattest of chequebooks.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted a big offer could be impossible to refuse, even though he believes the player would prefer to stay another year.

Aulas said: “There is a tsunami called Real Madrid which provokes reactions at Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United. So it is very complicated to say that he is non-transferable.

“I won’t hide from you the fact he has been approached. For the moment, I managed to convince them not to go further.”

Lyon know it would be mad to reject a massive offer for Benzema, whose value would plummet if he stayed and flopped at the World Cup next summer.

United still search to replace Ronaldo, whose move to Real was yesterday described as “vulgar” by Sir Bobby Charlton.

Ferguson, who still hopes striker Carlos Tevez will accept the club’s offer of a permanent deal, was last night rumoured to have entered the chase for £18m England and Portsmouth right-back Glen Johnson.

Liverpool thought they had seen off Chelsea. Now, a third club is in the frame – and Manchester City denied it was them.

Katy
20-06-2009, 14:37
FROM BBC SPORT

Manchester United have confirmed that Carlos Tevez is leaving the club.

United were willing to pay the £25.5m to turn the striker's two-year loan move into a permanent five-year deal but Tevez, 25, has decided to move on.

"Disappointingly, his advisors informed the club that he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United," read a United statement.

"The club thanks Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Tevez became a crowd favourite during his time at the Old Trafford club and helped the side win the last two Premier League titles as well as the 2008 Champions League trophy.

But he has joined Cristiano Ronaldo in wanting to exit the club, with his final appearance being as a substitute in United's loss to Barcelona in the 2009 Champions League final.

United said they were willing to make Tevez "one of its highest paid players" but were told by the Argentine's advisors, who own the player's economic rights, that he would not be accepting the offer of their deal.

Manchester City are now favourites to sign him but he has also been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool.

City's financial clout makes them the frontrunners as their manager Mark Hughes tries to put together a squad capable of challenging the top four of United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Tevez scored 15 goals last season but was frustrated at continually finding himself on the bench for key games and was wary of the issue ahead of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Despite the affection of United's fans, he has reportedly complained of a lack of respect from the club and his treatment at their hands.

Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian recently explained that United's failure to sign his client up permanently last summer and in January 2009 were behind Tevez's complaints.

His departure now leaves United manager Sir Alex Ferguson without two of his most influential players of recent seasons.

Wigan midfielder Antonio Valencia has been linked with a move to United as the club try to replace the duo.

I think that Liverpool are also out of the running talksport said before and SKY reckon that the only contact has been Manchester CIty and Chelsea. Hopefully he will stay in Manchester, i think he will be brilliant at City.

tammyy2j
24-06-2009, 13:15
Manchester United have targeted Atletico Madrid’s £45m striker Sergio Aguero.

Sir Alex Ferguson has turned his sights on the young Argentine star after giving up on Valencia’s David Villa, who is expected to join Real Madrid.

Aguero – nicknamed Kun – has scored 37 leeague goals in the last two years for Atletico and is only still 21.

Chelsea have already made contact over the talented striker, but were put off by his £200,000-a-week wage demands.

But Fergie is hoping that Aguero will lower those as he would get the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The £80m United will get for Cristiano Ronaldo is starting to burn a hole in Fergie’s pocket.

United would be prepared to offer Aguero, who is married to Diego Maradona’s daughter, a five year deal at £120,000 a week, but again hope the lure of Old Trafford would be enough to attract him.

Atletico’s president Enrique Cerezo has made it clear recently that the club would be willing to listen to ‘interesting’ offers for their star player.

As well as Chelsea, Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan is also interested in the player as he expects to lose Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

But Fergie is believed to want to open negotiations with Atletico and the player’s advisers as soon as possible.

He obviously feels the striker will be perfect for the Premier League and an ideal replacement for Carlos Tevez, who Aguero won an Olympic gold alongside.

tammyy2j
03-07-2009, 12:57
Michael Owen has arrived at Manchester United's training ground Carrington to have a medical with the Premier League champions. The 29-year-old hopes to complete a move to United after his contract with Newcastle United ran out.

The former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker is expected to be put through stringent tests, especially on the right knee he injured during the 2006 World Cup. He ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and had lesser damage to his medial ones only a minute into the group game against Sweden.

Owen scored 30 times in 65 starts for Newcastle but scored his last goal in January. He will be extremely motivated to prove his critics wrong but would nevertheless represent a major gamble for United and their manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. United have sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for £80m while Carlos Tevez has also left the club after his loan deal expired.

United have already signed Luis Antonio Valencia from Wigan for £16m in what promises to be a busy summer at Old Trafford. They did, however, miss out on signing the Lyon striker Karim Benzema, who joined Real Madrid this week for £30m.

lizann
17-07-2009, 13:57
Manchester United have cancelled their match against an Indonesia All Star side after bomb blasts rocked two hotels in Jakarta.

The English champions were scheduled to play against an Indonesian all-star team on Monday on the second leg of their pre-season tour, which also included stops in Malaysia, South Korea and China.

The team cancelled the Indonesia leg, however, after bomb blasts ripped through the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels in Jakarta's business district, killing nine people and wounding dozens.

"It's a bit of a shock for all of us. We just got news of this when we landed," club manager Alex Ferguson said shortly after their arrival in Kuala Lumpur.

"There was no other solution as we had to safeguard our players. So it's the correct decision."

Witnesses said the bombings at the Marriott and the Ritz-Carlton, where the team were due to stay, were minutes apart and it appeared both had occurred inside the hotels, judging from the way windows were blown out.

Ferguson added that the timing of the bombings was just an unfortunate coincidence and something he had never experienced in over two decades of visiting the region with the club.

"We are terribly disappointed because of all the work that goes into bringing Manchester United to Asia," added the Scot, who struggled to be heard at times due to the roars from an adjacent room hosting a meet-and-greet session with the players.

"We have a huge fan base in the region and I have been travelling to Asia for 21 years with this club and always admired the support we have in the Far East.

"For the first time, we have had to cancel a match and that's very frustrating but maybe we can play the game another time."

Club captain Gary Neville said the team had been looking forward to playing in Jakarta but that there was nothing he could do about the decision to cancel.

"Obviously the players are disappointed not to be going to Indonesia," said Neville. "However, the decision is out of my control as I'm just here to play football."

United will kick off their tour in Kuala Lumpur against a Malaysia XI on Saturday and are scheduled to face South Korea's FC Seoul on July 24 before taking on Chinese outfit Hangzhou Greentown two days later.

All 73,000 tickets for United's game in Indonesia sold out three weeks in advance, and it would have been the first time they had visited the Southeast Asian country since 1975.

The club's chief executive officer, David Gill, did not rule out the possibility of a rescheduled match with an Indonesian side but explained that a number of factors needed to be resolved before any decision could be made.

"We could bring the Indonesian team here (in Kuala Lumpur). We'll go through all the different possibilities and evaluate which is the most appropriate," Gill said.

"There are lots of things to be done before we sort out the logistics for the rest of the week but we will announce it as soon as we can.

"We have to consider the safety of the players and the staff and everyone else in the team because they are of paramount importance."

Fellow Premier League clubs Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur confirmed that they would continue as planned with their pre-season trips to the region.

"We have liaised with the British authorities in Thailand and Singapore and they have advised us that the security situation there is unchanged so we are going ahead as planned," a Liverpool media officer said.

"But obviously we will continue to monitor the situation."

Liverpool play Thailand in Bangkok on July 22 before taking on Singapore four days later, while Tottenham are involved in a four-team tournament in Beijing along with Hull City and West Ham United.

The English champions were scheduled to play against an Indonesian all-star team on Monday on the second leg of their pre-season tour, which also included stops in Malaysia, South Korea and China.

The team cancelled the Indonesia leg, however, after bomb blasts ripped through the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels in Jakarta's business district, killing nine people and wounding dozens.

"It's a bit of a shock for all of us. We just got news of this when we landed," club manager Alex Ferguson said shortly after their arrival in Kuala Lumpur.

"There was no other solution as we had to safeguard our players. So it's the correct decision."

Witnesses said the bombings at the Marriott and the Ritz-Carlton, where the team were due to stay, were minutes apart and it appeared both had occurred inside the hotels, judging from the way windows were blown out.

Ferguson added that the timing of the bombings was just an unfortunate coincidence and something he had never experienced in over two decades of visiting the region with the club.

"We are terribly disappointed because of all the work that goes into bringing Manchester United to Asia," added the Scot, who struggled to be heard at times due to the roars from an adjacent room hosting a meet-and-greet session with the players.

"We have a huge fan base in the region and I have been travelling to Asia for 21 years with this club and always admired the support we have in the Far East.

"For the first time, we have had to cancel a match and that's very frustrating but maybe we can play the game another time."

Club captain Gary Neville said the team had been looking forward to playing in Jakarta but that there was nothing he could do about the decision to cancel.

"Obviously the players are disappointed not to be going to Indonesia," said Neville. "However, the decision is out of my control as I'm just here to play football."

United will kick off their tour in Kuala Lumpur against a Malaysia XI on Saturday and are scheduled to face South Korea's FC Seoul on July 24 before taking on Chinese outfit Hangzhou Greentown two days later.

All 73,000 tickets for United's game in Indonesia sold out three weeks in advance, and it would have been the first time they had visited the Southeast Asian country since 1975.

The club's chief executive officer, David Gill, did not rule out the possibility of a rescheduled match with an Indonesian side but explained that a number of factors needed to be resolved before any decision could be made.

"We could bring the Indonesian team here (in Kuala Lumpur). We'll go through all the different possibilities and evaluate which is the most appropriate," Gill said.

"There are lots of things to be done before we sort out the logistics for the rest of the week but we will announce it as soon as we can.

"We have to consider the safety of the players and the staff and everyone else in the team because they are of paramount importance."

Fellow Premier League clubs Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur confirmed that they would continue as planned with their pre-season trips to the region.

"We have liaised with the British authorities in Thailand and Singapore and they have advised us that the security situation there is unchanged so we are going ahead as planned," a Liverpool media officer said.

"But obviously we will continue to monitor the situation."

Liverpool play Thailand in Bangkok on July 22 before taking on Singapore four days later, while Tottenham are involved in a four-team tournament in Beijing along with Hull City and West Ham United.

tammyy2j
13-11-2009, 16:22
Manchester United winger Nani is on his way out of Old Trafford after a row with Alex Ferguson following the Champions League draw with CSKA Moscow. The Portuguese told his boss he was unhappy at having been substituted; Fergie reacted by leaving him out of the squad for the Chelsea game and it now seems he will be moved on in January.

tammyy2j
01-12-2009, 13:12
Manchester United star Dimitar Berbatov fled his native Bulgaria with his girlfriend and daughter after crime bosses threatened to kidnap the pair, it was claimed today.

The striker is believed to have evacuated his loved ones from Sofia on a private charter plane provided by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Local mafia dons had contacted Berbatov's mother, Margarita, 10 days ago to tell her that the family was in danger if the £30million footballer did not pay a £500,000 protection fee.

He refused to go to police over the threat to his girlfriend Elena and new baby, Dea, after underworld sources told him that officials from Bulgaria's Internal Affairs Ministry were also in on the plot.

Instead, the star is believed to have negotiated a deal directly with the clan bosses who agreed to leave his family alone.

Elena had returned to Sofia from Manchester to give birth on October 15th and had remained in the city to be close to family and friends.

Berbatov has a horror of gang crime since he was kidnapped by a mob boss as a rising young star in his homeland.

He was snatched from outside the training ground of the local team he was playing for, CSKA-Sofia, and taken on a terrifying ride to meet the country's most feared gangster, Georgi Iliev.

The mobster, later gunned down by a rival, wanted Berbatov, then a rising 18-year-old star, to sign for his own club, FC Levski Kjustendil.

He was only saved when his father managed to negotiate a settlement with a local mob boss.

'Dimi is still very worried for his family and has promised his neighbours money if they notice any suspicious people around his house,' a family friend was quoted in Bulgarian press as saying.

A Manchester United spokesman could not verify the story to the Daily Mail.

It is also claimed that security had been increased around Berbatov's England home - however the spokesman said they would not comment on security issues.

lizann
21-01-2010, 17:20
They are not doing too well at the moment

Katy
21-01-2010, 19:34
I was at the game on tuesday, was an amazing atmosphere, not much trouble which is always good. P

lizann
31-03-2010, 12:00
Edwin van der Sar believes Manchester United have the strength in depth to cope without Wayne Rooney.

United and England were left fearing the worst when Rooney suffered what appeared to be a serious ankle injury towards the end of the 2-1 Champions League quarter-final, first leg defeat by Bayern Munich last night.

Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, played down the injury, saying that he did not think it was “terribly serious”, but Rooney left the Allianz Arena on crutches, with his right foot in a protective plastic boot. He will have an MRI scan today to determine the extent of the damage.

There are fears that the 24-year-old may have damaged ligaments, which could rule him out for months, and Rooney seems certain to miss the Barclays Premier League match against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Saturday and the second leg against Bayern next Wednesday. However, Van der Sar believes United can cope without the loss of their 34-goal talisman.

"Against Bolton we also played with some other players," Van der Sar said. "It can happen in the season. You always want your best players available but we know the players coming in can also do a good job."

Park Ji Sung also expressed his confidence that United could reach the semi-finals. "We are disappointed because we were leading," he said. "The early goal was good for us but we weren't able to build on it and get the result. But we have our chance to go through at Old Trafford. Bayern have an experienced team, and the club has a proud history.

"They did well but the situation will be different at Old Trafford. We're waiting for them to come there."

Sir Alex Ferguson tore into his players for giving away the ball too cheaply. “Our possession wasn’t good enough,” the United manager said. “When we brought [Dimitar] Berbatov on [in the second half], we could have stopped giving the ball away in midfield and made some progress in the final third. But the real crux was giving the ball away and it caused us to defend when we didn’t need to defend. The disappointment is we gave it away too easily, all night. Right from minute one, the possession wasn’t to our standard.

“It’s hard to explain because it is something we pride ourselves on and it has been integral to our progress this year. That was a disappointment to me.”

Ferguson praised Van der Sar, the United goalkeeper, for holding Bayern at bay as long as he did.

“We didn’t need to work for our goal and we got it very easily,” the Scot said. “Maybe it was too early, but we had outstanding chances to win the tie, with Wayne in the first and second half, but we would have carried a bit of luck had we done that.

“Time and again, Van der Sar made the saves to keep us in the game and we have to admit that. I didn’t think we started well at all. We scored early, but didn’t play well.

“With their winner, there was a lot of confusion. The ball got caught between [Patrice] Evra’s feet and he stumbled. It allowed [Ivica] Olic to get into the box. He [Evra] was unlucky, but it wasn’t a good goal to concede.” Ferguson believes the tie remains delicately poised, however, and is convinced that the away goal could prove pivotal.

“An away goal is always an advantage, no question about that and the tie is not dead,” he said. “But Bayern have a strong chance. On our own ground we should have a real chance of progressing. It’s very tight.”

Katy
04-04-2010, 11:50
Probably wasnt the result they wanted against Chelsea.

lizann
07-04-2010, 16:47
I hope Rooney is back tonight even on bench he is really missed when he is out

Siobhan
07-04-2010, 16:53
I hope Rooney is back tonight even on bench he is really missed when he is out

For peace and harmony in my house I hope Bayern win... I don't like Man U anyway but my partner is German and huge Bayern supported.. My son has become a Bayern fan too!

Katy
07-04-2010, 17:56
my mam is driving back to manchester from Birmingham and she has said she has never seen so many green and yellow scarves heading up the motorway!

I think that its all set for a big game, Man United will have to work extra hard, Bayern have sme great players though, ill be keeping an eye on Daniel Van Buyton, an ex blue.

lizann
08-04-2010, 12:56
They through it away last night

Siobhan
08-04-2010, 13:01
They through it away last night

Not according to Ferguson.. The germans are to blame for having that guy sent off..

Katy
08-04-2010, 16:50
Obviously Shiv! It was nothing to do with them at all and the fact they didnt score an extra goal like they needed to! Fergie needs to read the rule book a shirt tug is an autmatic yellow card, and he had 2 bookable offences so Rafael was right to have been sent off.

THere just wasnt enough Fergie time.

lizann
08-04-2010, 17:14
Manchester United have responded to their Champions League failure by announcing their second new signing for next season.

The Old Trafford outfit have confirmed terms have been agreed with Chivas for promising young Mexico international Javier Hernandez.

Subject to a work permit, the deal will be completed on July 1.

'Chicharito' joins Fulham defender Chris Smalling as a new United recruit, and will become the first Mexican player to sign for the Old Trafford outfit.

As part of the deal, United will play a match to open the new 45,000 capacity Chivas Stadium in Guadalajara as part of its 2010/11 season preparations.

Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country.

"He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer.

"We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."

tammyy2j
28-04-2010, 14:06
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2950428/See-exclusive-pictures-of-the-new-Manchester-United-kits.html

Katy
29-04-2010, 00:27
there ncer than the ones they had this year, that black strip they had was horrible, i like the retro style.

tammyy2j
15-07-2010, 13:05
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez and Chris Smalling are officially United players.

The two new boys initially agreed deals to join the club during the last season, and their contracts are now effective.

United fans have been excited by Chicharito’s promising displays at the 2010 World Cup. The talented striker hit two goals in four games for Mexico, including a superb late effort in his side’s last-16 defeat to Argentina at the weekend.

Chicharito is determined to succeed at Old Trafford. "My expectations are to do the best I can personally, to work, to learn, and to win many trophies," the 22-year-old said when the deal was first announced – to near-universal surprise – in April.

Defender Smalling, who played 18 times for Fulham last season, agreed terms on a four-year deal in January. The 20-year-old will link up with his new team-mates at Carrington next week as those players not involved in the World Cup return to training.

Chicharito will be given some time off after his exploits in South Africa and will meet his new team-mates for the first time during July's trip to the USA, Canada and Mexico.

Reds fans will likely get their first glimpse of the duo during the tour, and Sir Alex has confirmed Chicharito will play some part in the friendly against his former club Chivas.

alan45
02-08-2010, 01:52
MANCHESTER United's £18m star Anderson was dragged unconscious from a crashed car shortly before it exploded, it has been reported.
The Brazilian midfielder spent several hours in hospital after the terrifying accident on a rural road in Portugal.
Witnesses said he owed his life to being pulled "lifeless" from the £125,000 Audi R8 shortly before it exploded in the Geres area of Braga.
According to local reports, Anderson, 22, spent the night at the Sardinha Biba nightclub before leaving in the Audi. It came off the road at 7am and hit the wall of a farm before landing in a field.
Anderson reportedly had two companions - a friend, whose name was given only as Victor, and an unnamed young Brazilian woman. It is unclear who was driving. Manchester United were unavailable for comment tonight.
All three were taken to hospital but discharged by late morning after being treated for concussion, whiplash and shock.
"They had only minor injuries," a hospital spokesman said. The woman is understood to have needed the most treatment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3077349/Manchester-United-star-Anderson-dragged-from-burning-car.html#ixzz0vOxA5Vzh

tammyy2j
09-08-2010, 14:52
Javi Hernandez was among the scorers as Manchester United defeated Chelsea 3-1 at Wembley to win their 18th Charity Shield.

Antonio Valencia tapped the first in for United in the 41st minute, when a wonderful long ball by Paul Scholes was played into the Ecuadorian by Wayne Rooney.

If the first goal was brilliant, the second was comical. Valencia played the ball into substitute Javi Hernandez. The Mexican’s mi**** shot ricocheted off his face and into the goal in the 76th minute.

Chelsea improved after that and Edwin van der Sar had to pull off several saves. Solomon Kalou eventually scored a rebound for the Blues in the 83rd minutes, a Daniel Sturridge shot was parried out to him by van der Sar.

Dimitar Berbatov eventually put the tie beyond doubt with a goal in injury time.

tammyy2j
13-09-2010, 16:50
Sir Alex Ferguson has issued Wayne Rooney a spine-chilling ultimatum, according to this morning's Sun: Step out of line one more time and you've had it.

The paper claims that Fergie "read the Riot Act" to Rooney after dropping him for this weekend's match against Everton following a week of tabloid allegations about all sorts of post-watershed shenanigans with, ahem, ladies of ill repute.

The paper stops short of saying what the irascible Scot's ultimate sanction might be if the England striker fails to heed his warning, but it's probably safe to say that the Old Trafford Purchasing Department is on standby to order several new boxes of teacups for the Red Devils' dressing room.

Meanwhile, the Daily Star claims Rooney's greatest fear is that he would be parted from son Kai should he split up with wife Colleen.

The paper quotes the inevitable unnamed sources who claim Rooney has been "plunged into despair" and that "he is now terrified he could lose his wife and son after his stupid behaviour".

The Star also claims that, in what is yet another echo of Tiger Woods's fall from grace, Coca Cola are about to pull the plug on Rooney's £600,000-a-year sponsorship deal.

American executives at the Atlanta-based soft drinks giant had already been appalled by the recent pictures of the Scouser smoking and urinating in the street, and the revelations over visits to prostitutes could be the final straw.

As messy as Rooney's life has become in the last week or so he still has some way to go before he equals Marlon King's rap sheet - but the 30-year-old striker is set for a return to professional football with Coventry two months after being released from prison following a conviction for sexual assault.

The Daily Mirror reports that Sky Blues manager Aidy Boothroyd has admitted the signing of the 30-year-old is "inevitable".

And finally David Beckham has been talking about his England future after lining up for LA Galaxy at the weekend for the first time in six months.

Becks is confident that he is still in the frame following private conversations with Fabio Capello.

"If I'm fit then I'm sure the manager will consider me," said the 35-year-old while admitting that he is still well short of match fitness despite a performance manager Bruce Arena described as "inspirational".

"I've never been out of the game for such a long time and after being out there 10 minutes I was dying," said Beckham.

Source - Eurosport

tammyy2j
19-10-2010, 13:29
BITTER Wayne Rooney may be set to take the ultimate revenge on his boss Sir Alex Ferguson - with a sensational move to Manchester City.
The star is determined to quit Manchester United over a rift with Fergie that has seen the Old Trafford boss blank him for a month.

And Rooney has told pals he might swap his red shirt for the blue strip of their fierce local rivals.

Rooney and Ferguson have not exchanged a word since clashing over the troubled striker's hooker romps.

A source close to Roo, who has refused to sign a new contract, said last night: "To say relations are strained is a massive understatement - they haven't spoken for a month.

"Wayne doesn't just feel frozen out, he feels like he's been put into deep freeze.

"Sir Alex ignores him in training and treats him with utter contempt. There's no way he can stay at United if it continues."

Old Trafford officials have played down talk of a transfer for the £90,000-a-week ace, calling it "nonsense".

But the source said: "The Rooney camp feel sure he will no longer be a United player once the January transfer window opens.

"He's under such a cloud he wants out."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3186189/Wayne-Rooney-may-take-ultimate-revenge-on-Fergie-and-join-City.html#ixzz12nrZ883S

Chloe O'brien
19-10-2010, 13:40
Rooney is being a stupid boy. He will never win over Alex Ferguson. He would just be better to keep his trap shut and get on with it. Man U will never sell him. What they'll do is make him sit on the bench until the end of the summer. No-one will want him he's been too out priced.

tammyy2j
19-10-2010, 13:50
Rooney is being a stupid boy. He will never win over Alex Ferguson. He would just be better to keep his trap shut and get on with it. Man U will never sell him. What they'll do is make him sit on the bench until the end of the summer. No-one will want him he's been too out priced.

No player is bigger than the club or Fergie - look at Stam, Keane, Ruud, Becks and even Ronaldo all had bust ups with Fergie and were sold

Katy
19-10-2010, 14:25
if he comes to city, mancini can have my season ticket. The fact he has been out priced is scarring me as we all know he is greedy and city are the ones who can afford him but if they thought anythiong for the fans of the lcub they wouldnt even dare.

your right no man is bigger than the club

Im thinking spain would be a much better move!

Perdita
19-10-2010, 19:18
ALEX FERGUSON has revealed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United after refusing to sign a new contract.
Here is the full statement read out by the Old Trafford chief in front of a packed press conference.

We would like to present the facts because that is important to present the facts as we understand them.
(Chief executive) David Gill had a preliminary talk with his agent at the end of last season and it was to be continued after the World Cup. He told me he was on his way over from Carrington and said 'I have some bad news for you.'
His agent has intimated that he wouldn't be signing a contract and wanted away. It was a shock.
I couldn't believe it, as in earlier discussions, as early as March, he intimated he wanted to stay and sign a long contract, he was happy at the best club in the world and I was very terribly disappointed as we couldn't quite understand it.

I had a meeting with him and he intimated to me in his own way that he wanted to leave.
By then, we had a discussion about the whole situation and I said: 'The one thing I want from you Wayne is to honour and respect the club's position and its traditions and behave like a proper professional and we'll try and see it through.'
Although I did say, and David Gill has intimated, there is an offer there if he is prepared to accept it. It's an offer we've never gone into any financial discussion, i.e., money wise.
But, I know David was prepared to offer him a contract that would be difficult to better elsewhere.
That's what we do with top players, we've no problem with that. We've been facing these problems for quite a while now.

Contract issues in the last 10 years, as probably every one knows in this room, have accelerated to become quite phenomenal.
However, the area which has created a lot of the mystery about it is this issue with his injury.
First of all I must tell you I've never had an argument with Wayne at any time. He got an ankle injury in the Rangers game, he was seen clearly hobbling about before half-time.
He actually confirmed it himself in an interview with Sky. I spoke to him before the Sunderland game and my planning was, based on fact he wasn't playing that well, was to leave him out of the Sunderland game, make sure his ankle is properly prepared for the next game and give him a 10-day recovery so he could play for England.
My hope was that with planning for England at Wembley he could recapture his form and we could kick on.
His entry into the mixed zone at Wembley has created that next stage we have had to deal with — i.e. he said he wasn't injured.
That was disappointing as we know full well he was carrying an injury. We sent him for a scan and that showed a minor defect in terms of the ankle injury, nothing serious, but needed treatment and he has had treatment. As we know that, no argument.
We've got to a stage now where I feel that we still have to keep the door open to him as he is such a good player.
We've done nothing but help him since he came to the club and that is another mystery. We've helped him with his private life and other matters.

He's not the only one that gets that privilege as we do that with all players, no matter who it is. It is part of our job here that we look after our players which creates a tremendous loyalty that has always been the foundation of our club.
So, we're as bemused as anyone can be as we can't quite understand why he would want to leave a club that no-one can deny is one of the most successful in British football.
We've won more than 40 trophies, reached countless cup finals, have a fantastic history, great stadium, great training arrangements, incredible romance and we don't understand it.
I can't answer any question about why is he doing it. You can speculate and have opinions and it won't matter a dickey bird simply because the player is adamant he wants to leave.

We have to deal with the next part of that which we will do as best we can in relation to his request. I can do no more than we have said at the moment because, in my mind, we still have the door open and who knows?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3187522/Alex-Fergusons-full-statement-on-Wayne-Rooney.html#ixzz12pHSqFc8

tammyy2j
20-10-2010, 15:54
if he comes to city, mancini can have my season ticket. The fact he has been out priced is scarring me as we all know he is greedy and city are the ones who can afford him but if they thought anythiong for the fans of the lcub they wouldnt even dare.

your right no man is bigger than the club

Im thinking spain would be a much better move!

If it is not about money then Spain or Italy are best for him but I think it is about money and Man City can offer the big big bucks (more for hookers I guess)

Chloe O'brien
20-10-2010, 17:46
Rooney available? Call Me!

JOSE MOURINHO is prepared to make an offer for Wayne Rooney — provided it has the blessing of Alex Ferguson.
The Real Madrid coach has previously stated he believes wantaway striker Rooney will remain at Manchester United.

But should old pal Fergie fail to persuade the England star to stay, Mourinho admits he WOULD be interested.

He said: "He will stay. He probably wants to leave for some reason but I believe he belongs to Manchester United, he belongs to Manchester United fans, he belongs to Old Trafford. I believe he is going to stay.

"But if at the end of the day Manchester United decide that he is to leave, then give me a call. Everybody will be interested.

"But I like him, I like Sir Alex, I like Manchester United and I believe the best thing for him is to stay there for life."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3188690/Rooney-available-Call-me.html#ixzz12ukyZgk6

lizann
20-10-2010, 17:53
He is not playing tonight if he was I'd say the fans would boo him off the pitch

Chloe O'brien
20-10-2010, 18:09
If he really wants to go the Man U should let him. It's his funeral he will soon learn what a huge mistake he has made. Man U have two options about selling him. They could sell him to a spanish, italian club or Man city and get the money he's worth, or they could selll him to a lower division english club for a knock-down bargin and ruin his chances of keeping his place in the England squad.

Perdita
20-10-2010, 18:42
Can't see him go abroad, Colleen will want to stay close to her family, especially her sister. And I don't think she will let him go by himself :nono:

Katy
21-10-2010, 11:47
Finally Mancini has come out and said that they had no contact, at the minute its media speculation and they are having a great time. we all know Rooney goes for the momey after all thats why he left everton "once a blue always a blue" remember that.

we have more than enough trouble makers and plenty of big personaltys we dont need any more. Im very happy with our strike force of King Carlos, Super Mario (when hes eventually fit) little david silva,

tammyy2j
21-10-2010, 12:04
Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney has released a statement confirming his desire to leave Old Trafford.

The former Everton striker indicated that his decision lies in the fact that he was given no concrete proof over the ambition of the club's board and the future improvement of the playing squad.

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," said Rooney.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also confessed his interest and surprise in the comments made by Sir Alex Ferguson in Tuesday's press conference, where the Scot revealed his "shock" and "disappointment" at the 24-year-old's decision, but the forward remains a massive fan of the manager.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it," continued Rooney.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me it's all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Rooney continued to praise the Manchester United manager, speaking of the "debt" he owes to the Scot and indicating his view that Ferguson is a "genius" when it comes to managing a football club.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18," he said.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one-off and a genius."

Perdita
22-10-2010, 14:30
Wayne Rooney is staying with Man Utd according to the lunch time news

Perdita
22-10-2010, 14:40
Wayne Rooney has made a shock U-turn and agreed a new five-year contract at Manchester United just days after announcing his intention to leave.
On Wednesday the 24-year-old striker said concerns over the club's squad strength were behind his original decision not to sign a new deal.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I'm delighted Wayne's agreed to stay."
Rooney stated: "I said on Wednesday the manager's a genius and it's his belief and support that convinced me to stay."
He added: "I'm delighted to sign another deal at United. I've spoken to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this where I belong.
"I am signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place.
"I am sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they have read and seen.
"But my position was from concern over the future.
"The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."
The agreement ends a period of intensive discussions at Old Trafford after Rooney issued a statement in which he revealed that United chief David Gill had not given him the assurance he was seeking about the future squad.
"It's been a difficult week but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United," Ferguson told the club's website.
"Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand.
"I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.
"I'm pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United's great players.
"It shows character and belief in what we stand for.
"I'm sure everyone involved with the Club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of."
Meanwhile Ferguson also told radio station Key 103 that Rooney had apologised to him and his team-mates.
United supporter Liam Bradford, who is the assistant editor of the Red News fanzine told Radio 5 live: "I'm completely flabbergasted.
"It's been one of those weeks. It's been completely mad.
"I don't know whether this has been planned all along and this was just some elaborate mind game that Sir Alex Ferguson was playing with Wayne Rooney on board or whether it has just been completely surreal for the last seven days.
"At the end of the day, he is a world-class footballer and I really wouldn't want to see him anywhere else. I think I'm more relieved that anything he is not going across the city to the team that plays in blue."
Rooney moved to Old Trafford from Everton in 2004 for £25.6m and helped the club win three successive Premier League titles from 2007-09.

BBC News

Chloe O'brien
22-10-2010, 17:52
I would have sould him for £50 for his cheek. Rooney knows now that there is no bigger club in the UK to be at and in five years time his career will be over.

Katy
23-10-2010, 10:22
i have a theory, i think that fergie is in on it all along and that hes done it to get money out the owners for new players in january.

Whatever it is, theres something really dodgy about it

I am soooo relieved he signed the contract though. There is no way if he had a city shirt i could bring myself to shout go on wayne! i just couldnt!

parkerman
23-10-2010, 11:11
It's nice to know we are all taking our share of the pain with the cuts announced by the Government last week......:hmm:

alan45
23-10-2010, 12:33
I wonder how many teachers and nurses could be employed every week for the amount of money Wayne gets

Katy
23-10-2010, 21:03
theres a great pictire on the front of the manchester evening news. Its got worlds apart as a headline and then waynes world with him in his big car and then underneath its got a manchester street where the houses are boarded up and the words that how many people are losing there jobs up here.

It makes you sick, i cant be doing with him.

Chloe O'brien
24-10-2010, 04:20
He's a greedy little sh1t who's got too big for his football boots and got away with throwing the rattle out of the pram. He's nothing special. He can't do what he's supposed to do and that's put the ball in the back of the net. Rooney may think he's brilliant but there is a number of 15 & 16 year old lads in the youth squad bidding their time and in a couple of years they are going to run the wee fat toad of the field. He will be a dried up has been when his days at Man U are up,

alan45
24-10-2010, 11:20
He's a greedy little sh1t who's got too big for his football boots and got away with throwing the rattle out of the pram. He's nothing special. He can't do what he's supposed to do and that's put the ball in the back of the net. Rooney may think he's brilliant but there is a number of 15 & 16 year old lads in the youth squad bidding their time and in a couple of years they are going to run the wee fat toad of the field. He will be a dried up has been when his days at Man U are up,

Wash your mouth out Kath. This is the man who had won the World Cup for Engerland in South Africa even before he left the UK. He now will be earning £10 million quid a year which is almost £ 250,000 a week. This is nothing short of disgusting

alan45
25-10-2010, 00:49
I see Shrek and Coleen have jetted off to Dubai for a break. Apparently his £ 90000 birthday bash has been postponed until next week.

It took him all day to save up the money to go to Dubai where the rooms cost £ 1200 per night

moonstorm
25-10-2010, 12:02
Couldn't have put it better Chloe!!!

Chloe O'brien
25-10-2010, 13:28
How come that little toad is allowed to go swamming off on holiday in the middle of the season.

Katy
25-10-2010, 20:10
cos his ego is the size of pay packet and hes sir alexs little buddy so that means he can do what he wants.

The liverpool fans were chanting no woman no kai at him the other day, i hope he gets more and more stick for the rest of the upcoming season.

alan45
26-10-2010, 00:46
How come that little toad is allowed to go swamming off on holiday in the middle of the season.

He is supposedly injured and unable tom play football. Didnt stop him shagging a hooker though

alan45
29-10-2010, 12:37
ALEX FERGUSON has revealed Wayne Rooney faces more time on the sidelines with his ankle injury than originally diagnosed.
The Manchester United striker, who signed a new contract at the club last week, had been thought to be facing three weeks out.
But boss Ferguson said today: "I think it may be longer."
Rooney was injured in training last week during an extraordinary few days that ended with him committing his future to the club after previously stating a desire to leave.
The 25-year-old has since flown to Dubai for a holiday, with Fergie's blessing.
He added: "There is no recovery, it is just rest. Before he went away we did his remedial in terms of what we could do at the time.
"Thereafter, rest — we're quite happy with that."
Rooney has struggled for form this season, while fellow frontman Michael Owen also faces an extended spell on the sidelines.
Owen was hoping to return from a groin strain in the midweek Carling Cup tie against Wolves but pulled a hamstring in training.
Ferguson said: "It is disappointing for him. It should be four or five weeks.
"The last thing he needs is a hamstring injury.
"It is a loss because with Wayne being injured it only gives us the three options at the moment."
In their place, Javier Hernandez has impressed with four goals in four games while Dimitar Berbatov shone in the opening weeks of the campaign.

I wonder if Shrek will get Statutory Sick Pay or will he continue to receive his £ 250,00 per week

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3202428/Manchester-United-hit-by-Wayne-Rooney-blow.html#ixzz13k7YqGea

Chloe O'brien
29-10-2010, 13:06
I have spoke to a few people at work and they all think that Sir Alex only offered Rooney a new transfer deal because he is going to stick him in the transfer window in January.

alan45
29-10-2010, 21:16
He should get rid of the chav

Katy
30-10-2010, 12:33
i think the holiday is part of a plan as well! sir alex gets his money and waynes gets trime in Dubai to try and save his marriage. Ankle injury my eye!

Guarenttee he will make a miraculas recovery for the derby in november!

alan45
13-11-2010, 17:52
Former 'Doctor Who' star David Tennant has been cast in 'United', a new BBC film about Manchester United and the 1958 Munich Air Disaster.

Tennant - Begins filming later this month
Tennant will star as assistant manager Jimmy Murphy, with Jack O'Connell ('Skins') portraying Bobby Charlton and actor Sam Claflin ('Any Human Heart') cast as teammate Duncan Edwards.

The role of manager Matt Busby has yet to be cast.

The film's executive producer, Simon Heath, said: "Chris Chibnall ('Law & Order: UK', 'Camelot') has written an authentic and moving version of this heartbreaking story, which with the help of a great cast, we hope will be a fitting tribute to those who survived and those who lost their lives at Munich."

Perdita
06-04-2011, 15:24
Coca-Cola has confirmed that it will not renew Wayne Rooney's endorsement deal.

The Manchester United striker was initially dropped from the company's promotional roster last September following claims that he had cheated on his wife Coleen when she was pregnant.

Rooney hit the headlines following an expletive-filled outburst directly to camera after scoring a hat-trick during United's 4-2 win against West Ham United last Saturday.

However, in a statement today, Coca-Cola said: "Our contract with Wayne Rooney came to an end last year and we mutually agreed that we would not renew our relationship."

Despite dropping Rooney as the face of Coke Zero last year, a spokesperson for the drinks giant at the time said that the working relationship between the two, said to be worth £600,000 a year, was "ongoing".

They added: "We wish Wayne well in his career. Our marketing plans have evolved to focus on our sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the upcoming launch of our plans for the Olympic Torch Relay."

Meanwhile, The Guardian reports that Rooney's behaviour will not affect the club's main sponsorship deal with American financial company Aon Corp.

"The reason Aon engaged in the sponsorship is that Manchester United transcends any one player and it is all about aligning with the No. 1 club in the world's No. 1 sport," a spokesperson said. "We leave player-related issues to the club."

DS

pipette
06-04-2011, 22:49
Swearing is not allowed on these forums right, so it is most probaly best if I keep my opinions to myself on this one

LFC FOR LIFE

Katy
08-04-2011, 11:07
This should be renamed the Wayne Rooney Thread!

Siobhan
08-04-2011, 11:17
This should be renamed the Wayne Rooney Thread!

given the ego this man already has...Lets not add to it :lol:

Chloe O'brien
08-04-2011, 11:30
He showed his true colours at the World Cup. He is nothing but a little thug. He should have got slapped with a huge fine on top of the band. I know some footballers swear on the pitch without realising that the camera is on them at that point but his actions were intentional. He is supposed to be a role model for young kids.

Katy
08-04-2011, 18:17
thats very true Shiv!

Yeh i agree completley, i think the other thing that he is forgetting is the whole reason he is there and getting paid that much is because of the telly, and the reason the camera is there is to pay his wages! it was so intentional and i know that people swear, i sail and my language gets appauling when in a race condition, but its not directed at anyone and even that doesnt make it right, but he essentially swore into millions of peoples living rooms!

lizann
28-04-2011, 17:26
Is Giggs the footballer linked with Imogen Thomas?

parkerman
28-04-2011, 17:55
No-one is allowed to know that. You will be sent to prison for a million years for even mentioning it....

lizann
28-04-2011, 18:04
No-one is allowed to know that. You will be sent to prison for a million years for even mentioning it....

Whoops I was sure the gagging order didnt apply to me :p

Siobhan
29-04-2011, 15:38

its that Giggs contract term with Man U? or maybe it just seems like that

tammyy2j
29-04-2011, 15:43
Why cant they keep their scoring to on the pitch

Perdita
10-05-2011, 13:08
Complaints about Wayne Rooney swearing directly into the camera during TV coverage of Manchester United's victory against West Ham have been dismissed by Ofcom.

Viewers contacted the media regulator after the United striker was seen to say "f**k" while celebrating his hat trick in the match, aired live on Sky Sports.

However, Ofcom judged that what Rooney said was "not clearly audible, and the camera cut away from the scene as soon as it became clear that [his] behaviour was inappropriate".

The watchdog also noted that the Sky Sports commentator apologised after the incident.

In a letter to viewers, Ofcom added: "While we acknowledge that the broadcast of this behaviour during this match was unfortunate, as well as unexpected, we consider that, given the circumstances, Sky acted responsibly and do not find grounds to uphold your complaint."

Rooney accepted a Football Association charge for using offensive language during the game, but not the automatic two-match ban he served after the incident.

DS

Siobhan
10-05-2011, 13:54
What a load of tosh.. I seen it on youtube and you can clearly hear him saying it.. in fact he followed the camera and kept it up

Judge for yourself: http://videa.hu/videok/sport/wh2-3mu-zxO1Nvda3oxaJsaR

Katy
10-05-2011, 17:04
it was so obvious!

Looks like there going to win the title on saturday...thats nice for MCFC or Stoke City who could win there first trophy in however many years and by the time they do it ManU will have made all the headlines!

tammyy2j
24-05-2011, 13:10
Is Giggs the footballer linked with Imogen Thomas?

Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming has publicly named the footballer who has taken out an injunction as Ryan Giggs.

Speaking in the House of Commons this afternoon, the freedom of speech campaigner said the name of the Manchester United midfielder, who is alleged to have had a six-month affair with ex-Big Brother contestant Imogen Thomas.

Hemming said: "With about 75,000 people having named Ryan Giggs on Twitter it's obviously impractical to imprison them all."

The Speaker stopped Hemming from speaking and rebuked him for the statement.

This morning, the High Court upheld the injunction granted to the Premier League star.

Lawyers for the footballer launched legal action against Twitter last week, seeking details of "persons unknown" who have published his name on the social networking website.

Appearing on ITV's Daybreak earlier today, Prime Minister David Cameron said that privacy rulings against newspapers are "unsustainable" when the information can easily be found on the internet.

Siobhan
24-05-2011, 13:28
read a statement from Imogen saying she lost weight and turn to drink cause she couldn't say it was Giggs and her family said she could have made thousand.. wtf.. Why would anyone plaster an affair all over the paper??

tammyy2j
24-05-2011, 13:36
I had to laugh when I read he was trying to sue twitter users

These injunctions should not be allowed waste of time and money

Katy
24-05-2011, 18:31
it was brilliant when the unnamed footballer was going to sue twitter and then Ryan giggs name was being searched for twice every 60 seconds or something ridiculas!

parkerman
24-05-2011, 20:27
If he'd never tried to get an injunction in the first place the whole affair would have been a five minute wonder; now it's been going on for weeks with everyone knowing who it was anyway. Additionally, as well as the affair, he now has millions of people unhappy with him trying to use his money to gag everyone on top of it. Bad move, Ryan!

By the way, I thought the Daily Mirror's headline this morning was the best: "Naming Private Ryan" :D

tammyy2j
25-05-2011, 13:30
What a week for it all to come out though with the Champions League final this Saturday against Barca, Fergie cant be happy

parkerman
25-05-2011, 13:38
Did you see the press conference yesterday and Fergie's "off air" remarks...?

Chloe O'brien
25-05-2011, 13:41
There should be a ban on any so called celebs and wannabes given any publicity. Were do think it's cool to be a swine by going off and having an affairs whenever they like without a thought for their families and Imogen is no better, if she knew he was married with kids before she jumped in the sack with him. If celebs want to go sniffing around anything with a pulse then they should be made to make a donation to charity depending on their income for the media to keep quiet. That would stop all these fame hungry wannabes having their sorrid lives splattered all over the news.

lizann
30-05-2011, 15:48
Wow Giggs was awful the other night at the Barca game, Barca completed out played and out classed United off the field and were worthy winners

tammyy2j
30-05-2011, 20:19
Wow Giggs was awful the other night at the Barca game, Barca completed out played and out classed United off the field and were worthy winners

United played terrible if it wasnt for Van Der Sar , Barcelona could have been 6 or 7 goals up - Barcelona and Messi are in a league of their own

Katy
30-05-2011, 22:21
Barca were a class act on saturday! thats all that can be said!!

Messi, Villa, Iniesta, Alves, Mascerano, Valdes...in fact all of them just superb!!!

alan45
31-05-2011, 08:59
During the second half of the European Cup Final Alex Ferguson remonstrated with the fourth official and demanded a ball be introduced to the game. The puzzeled official informed him that there already was a ball on the pitch. ''I know'' said Ferguson ''but Barcelona are using that one!!!!!!'' :D

Perdita
31-05-2011, 09:08
:lol: :D

tammyy2j
31-05-2011, 11:31
Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has announced his retirement from football with immediate effect.

Siobhan
01-06-2011, 12:08
Leading on from your one Alan;

United are going to release limited edition '19' posters next season, to commemorate how many times they touched the ball against Barcelona.

Chloe O'brien
01-06-2011, 13:04
They were hammered. Just go to show how far behind British football is compared to the rest of Europe.

lizann
01-06-2011, 23:07
There should be a ban on any so called celebs and wannabes given any publicity. Were do think it's cool to be a swine by going off and having an affairs whenever they like without a thought for their families and Imogen is no better, if she knew he was married with kids before she jumped in the sack with him. If celebs want to go sniffing around anything with a pulse then they should be made to make a donation to charity depending on their income for the media to keep quiet. That would stop all these fame hungry wannabes having their sorrid lives splattered all over the news.

I was reading in a magazine that Ryan's wife is sticking by him and blaming it all on Imogen it does take two after all

parkerman
02-06-2011, 09:46
They were hammered. Just go to show how far behind British football is compared to the rest of Europe.

No. It shows how far Manchester United (and every other team in Europe) is behind Barcelona.

Chloe O'brien
02-06-2011, 11:41
Aye Messi is something else.

tammyy2j
02-06-2011, 12:34
Barca are in a league of their own

Perdita
05-06-2011, 12:34
Ryan Giggs allegedly had an eight-year relationship with his brother Rhodri's wife. :eek:

The footballer is said to have first met Natasha at a Manchester nightclub in 2003, while his wife was pregnant with their first child. The relationship ended four months later when Natasha started dating his brother, until the autumn of 2004 when they embarked on a seven-month fling, reports the News of the World.

The pair are alleged to have met on various occasions over the coming years, such as the day after his second child was born in October 2006 and again in April 2010, shortly before her Las Vegas wedding to Rhodri.

She apparently told a friend: "I knew it was wrong. It's the worst possible betrayal. I tried to end it but my relationship with Ryan was like an addiction. Anything he said, I did. If he wanted me to drop everything to meet him, I would. I just couldn't say no.

"He instigated it all. It was all on his terms. There were constant calls, constant texts, constant meetings. But Ryan was never romantic with me. He never told me he loved me. It was all about sex."

Rumours of the affair began circulating in 2008 and Natasha is said to have described it to friends as "Manchester's worst-kept secret". They reportedly last saw each other on April 9 this year.

Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming recently named Ryan as the footballer who had taken out an injunction over an alleged affair with Imogen Thomas.

tammyy2j
11-06-2011, 23:27
London, June 11 (ANI): Ryan Giggs could face jail if he is found to have misled judges about his happily married family man status in order to obtain an injunction to cover up his alleged affair with glamour girl Imogen Thomas.

The crime carries a maximum sentence of seven years in jail.

Giggs, 37, gave a sworn statement to the High Court in London declaring why he believed an order should be granted to stop details of the alleged six-month fling being made public.

He relied on the fact he was married with two children whose privacy he wished to protect. The order was granted by Mr Justice Eady to stop Giggs or his family being named.

But his sister-in-law Natasha, 28, has since claimed she had a secret eight-year affair with him behind the backs of his wife Stacey, 32, and brother Rhodri, 34.

A third alleged lover is also understood to be considering telling all.

Lawyers say if Giggs is found to have deliberately withheld details of other affairs from the court he is open to prosecution, reports the Daily Star.

D-Day for the footie star is November 7 when he will give evidence at a hearing to determine if the injunction should remain in place.

Legal sources claim Giggs will now be under pressure to drop his injunction fight, even though it could allow Imogen to tell her side of the story. (ANI)

Chloe O'brien
11-06-2011, 23:49
Mr Giggs aint the hero or role model he was now he's had an affair with his sister-in-law some brother.

Katy
12-06-2011, 10:07
hope he does get done for it, and i also hope the courts really look at this superinjuntion law cause in my eyes its just not working!

parkerman
12-06-2011, 10:29
I bet Giggs is well pleased with the £200,000 he is allegedly supposed to have spent on getting his superinjunction. It certainly kept his name out of the papers...:lol:

Perdita
12-06-2011, 15:02
Ryan Gigg's sister-in-law has revealed that the footballer made her pregnant during their eight-year affair.

Natasha discovered the news shortly before her Las Vegas wedding to the Manchester United player's brother Rhodri and said she was "a million per cent" sure it was Ryan's. He gave her £500 for an abortion.

"It was awful. I was crying. All I kept thinking was, 'I'm getting married to Rhodri next month and I'm pregnant to Ryan, his brother'," she told the News of the World. "Ryan told me straight off, 'You know there's only one option - a termination. We can't ruin everybody's life'.

"I was due to fly out to Las Vegas to marry Rhodri within weeks and I knew I couldn't possibly marry him while I was pregnant with his brother's baby. Going through with the termination was horrendous. Even though I was with Rhodri and loved him, I had feelings for Ryan.

"He got back [from holiday] the day before the termination and arranged to meet me at Worsley Cricket Club. I remember it was a roasting hot day and Ryan came on his push bike. He was in his shorts and sunglasses and handed me £500, saying that was all he could get out."

Natasha also defended her relationships with other footballers such as Dwight Yorke and Danny Simpson, saying she doesn't go "hunting" them down.

Ryan is now said to be seeking therapy for sex addiction.

Chloe O'brien
12-06-2011, 18:51
This story get's more vile everyday.

Perdita
12-06-2011, 19:44
It really has

Ryan Giggs allegedly urged his brother to divorce his wife Natasha, with whom he had an eight-year affair.

The Manchester United player has shared with Rhodri his fear that the 34-year-old deliberately planned to "make a fast buck" by exposing their fling to the press, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Ryan is said to have told his brother: "Dump your wife, she's trouble... She's talking rubbish and you need to turn your back on her. She's seen a chance to make it big and she's gone for it."

A source added: "Ryan is convincing Rhodri that Natasha has plotted all this to make a fast buck - and telling him she'd be better off without her."

According to the publication, the sportsman has also accused Natasha of "over-egging" details of their affair in order to overshadow his widely-discussed tryst with Big Brother star Imogen Thomas.

On how the scandal has impacted Ryan's relationship with his wife Stacey, a friend added: "That's all he's bothered about. It's what Stacey thinks that's important to him - and at the moment she believes Natasha is making a lot of it up."

It was claimed today that Ryan got his sister-in-law pregnant and paid her £500 to have an abortion.

What a cheek of him,if this is true :angry:

tammyy2j
13-06-2011, 11:45
Stacey Giggs is kidding herself he is a dirty cheating scumbag who she should kick to the kerb and take to the cleaners forget about living the wag lifestyle

Perdita
15-06-2011, 15:09
Ryan Giggs's brother Rhodri has been accused of cheating on his wife Natasha, while she allegedly cheated on him with the Manchester United star.

The footballer and Natasha's eight-year relationship was revealed after Giggs was named in Parliament as the player behind the Imogen Thomas court injunction. However, Danielle Healy has now told The Sun that Rhodri cheated on his wife with her earlier this year.

"I think Rhodri has got a lot of balls trying to play the victim in all this," she said. "I might not have had an eight-year affair with him but what we did was still wrong. He was a married man with children when he had sex with me.

"He wasn't exactly being the family man the night we got it together. Rhodri knew exactly what he wanted that night and I got caught up in the moment. Rightly or wrongly, we did what we did."

The brunette told the paper that she first met Rhodri in a Manchester pub in February.

"I was out with friends and Rhodri was sitting on the next table with Will Mellor and another lad. We started chatting when they called last orders and they asked where the party was going to be," she explained. "We went back to someone's house and started doing karaoke. Rhodri was up there singing away.

"I noticed he had rings on both hands. He was banging his right hand on a table and one mate asked, 'Is that your wedding ring?' Rhodri held up his left hand and said, 'No, that's my wedding ring'. Then he pointed to his right hand and said, 'That's my divorce ring'. I just thought it was a throwaway comment. But now it makes you wonder if he already knew what Natasha had been up to."

Healy continued by claiming how the pair had gone "upstairs to a spare bedroom" after Rhodri "tried it on".

"We spent half an hour in the bedroom and then just went back downstairs and carried on the night," she said. "Then these two random women turned up. I think Rhodri's friends had called them. And everybody vanished into the night at about 3.30am.

"I didn't think much about it after that as I knew he was married. It was a one-night stand but I had his number and decided to text him just to make sure he was all right."

He allegedly replied: "I'm fine thanks. Just didn't want you emailing me on the off-chance, Natasha checks my emails. Hope you're well and maybe see you soon."

However, Healy said that she had decided to speak out after the brothers hit the headlines.

"He is coming across all hurt and wounded but I don't feel sorry for Ryan, Rhodri or Natasha. They're all at it and as bad as each other," she added.

tammyy2j
29-08-2011, 12:56
8 - 2 win over Arsenal at weekend WOW!

Katy
30-08-2011, 09:40
i'd 8 - 2 be an arsenal fan right now

tammyy2j
29-09-2011, 17:58
Footballer Rio Ferdinand on Thursday lost his privacy action over a "kiss and tell" story published by the Sunday Mirror.

The England and Manchester United star was not at the high court in London to hear Mr Justice Nicol dismiss his claim against Sunday Mirror publisher Mirror Group Newspapers. Ferdinand will pay MGN's legal costs.

Ferdinand brought his case for misuse of private information over an April 2010 Sunday Mirror article in which interior designer Carly Storey gave her account of their 13-year relationship in return for £16,000.

The judge said: "Overall, in my judgment, the balancing exercise favours the defendant's right of freedom of expression over the claimant's right of privacy."

After the judge's ruling, Sunday Mirror editor Tina Weaver said in a statement: "The Sunday Mirror is very pleased that the court has rejected Rio Ferdinand's privacy claim.

"The judge found that there was a justified public interest in reporting the off-pitch behaviour of the then England captain and discussion of his suitability for such an important and ambassadorial role representing the country.

"We are pleased the judge ruled that Mr Ferdinand had perpetuated a misleading public image and the Sunday Mirror was entitled to correct this impression.

"There has never been greater scrutiny of the media than now, and we applaud this ruling in recognising the important role a free press has to play in a democratic society."

Ferdinand, who has three children with wife Rebecca, had told the judge at an earlier high court hearing that he was "extremely upset to read the story, particularly because it came out of the blue".

"It has been stressful and embarrassing for me to have to explain it to fellow professionals as well as family members and friends, and it has inevitably put a strain on my relationship with my wife," he said.

"People also started shouting things out at me in the street after the article was published – things like, 'Where's your new bird?'"

Ferdinand added that he had not met the woman named in the Sunday Mirror story for six years by the time it was published.

"Although I am a well-known person I make a clear distinction between my public and private life and do not seek publicity for my personal life," he said. "I do not see why I should not be entitled to a private life just because I am a famous footballer."

Katy
30-09-2011, 14:21
no wonder he played pants the other night! his head was clearly all over the place.

tammyy2j
24-04-2013, 15:12
Another league title for them, Van Persie has been outstanding this season great buy but they need to buy a defender and midfielder

Katy
25-04-2013, 10:51
Just goes to show your transfers in the summer really do make a difference. Unfortunatley Marwood messed it up for s and we didnt replace the players we lost.

Hopefully a win for the blue in d fa cup n we can once again show that manchester is where footballs happeneing!!

Katy
25-04-2013, 10:51
Just goes to show your transfers in the summer really do make a difference. Unfortunatley Marwood messed it up for s and we didnt replace the players we lost.

Hopefully a win for the blues in d the fa cup and we can once again show that manchester is where footballs happeneing!!

Looking forward to see what transfers come this way. Theres talk about ledewonowski from BVB for man u and napolos cavani as being mancinid main target.

Siobhan
08-05-2013, 11:16
Alex is gone: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2321127/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-retires-Manchester-United-manager-step-end-season-27-years-charge.html

Perdita
08-05-2013, 12:00
He will be missed .. he has been controversial but an extremely successful manager

alan45
08-05-2013, 12:01
Does this mean that referee Howard Webb will be looking for a new employer

Katy
08-05-2013, 13:28
Yep looks that way unless he's going for the player manager referee position at the club. Where will Webb the red stay now when he's refereeing in the north west!!

I wonder who will replace him. I think they are after Mourinho.

Katy
08-05-2013, 13:28
There will be a minutes applause for sir Alex in the 98th minute of Saturdays game.

tammyy2j
08-05-2013, 14:35
A legend it will tough boots for the next manager to fill he will be missed

tammyy2j
08-05-2013, 15:09
Yep looks that way unless he's going for the player manager referee position at the club. Where will Webb the red stay now when he's refereeing in the north west!!

I wonder who will replace him. I think they are after Mourinho.

David Moyes (Everton) seems the fav now to replace him

lizann
08-05-2013, 22:33
cant believe sir alex will finally step down, mourinho and guaridola must be angry they signed with chelesa and bayern munich as they both wanted to succeed alex

Katy
08-05-2013, 22:49
Moyes is definitely the bookies favourite and they have even started taking bets on the next Everton manager.

Think Mourinho is out of the question as his clause for buy out is ridiculas.

Katy
08-05-2013, 22:49
Moyes is definitely the bookies favourite and they have even started taking bets on the next Everton manager.

Think Mourinho is out of the question as his clause for buy out is ridiculas.

Perdita
09-05-2013, 10:11
It has been confirmed on breakfast tv this morning that David Hoyes is taking over at Man Utd .. I wish him good luck :)

Katy
09-05-2013, 11:41
Oh dear Everton are going to be gutted. I can't see the attraction to moyes he doesn't really play that great football.

tammyy2j
09-05-2013, 14:38
Oh dear Everton are going to be gutted. I can't see the attraction to moyes he doesn't really play that great football.

Moyes did well at Everton and he offers stability and longevity I think and he has the backing of Fergie

tammyy2j
09-05-2013, 17:22
Everton manager David Moyes has signed a six-year deal with Manchester United, replacing Sir Alex Ferguson.

He will start his contract on July 1st

ghosthunter5487
08-12-2013, 02:30
We need to spend in January if we are going to reach top 4 this season

deadlydave2
08-12-2013, 22:21
We need to spend in January if we are going to reach top 4 this season

We really need to do something. I knew it was going to be a difficult first season under Moyes especially after taking over from a power manager like Ferguson.....but come on!!! I grit my teeth as I say In Moyes We Trust!!

ghosthunter5487
09-12-2013, 02:03
Under Sir Alex Ferguson in the first few season we were worse off but the club stuck by him and the rest was history. We need investment in the squad and David Moyes needs time to build.

deadlydave2
09-12-2013, 02:11
that's very true. I think there is an expectation that everything was going to be great right from the very start. He needs to make the team his own. I think there is a bit of "Living in the shadow of Ferguson" still going on. But time will tell.

ghosthunter5487
09-12-2013, 02:23
Ferguson took his first few seasons to adapt and he nearly got sacked. If we can buy in January there is still a chance to reach the top 4

deadlydave2
09-12-2013, 02:25
The question is now, who do we buy???

tammyy2j
04-04-2014, 15:03
Do you think Moyes will still be around after this summer?

Katy
06-04-2014, 18:31
Tough call - there is bound to be something in his contract
I think it will be harsh if they get rid of him straight away as one season isnt long enough - I think that he should get another season to bring in some players - He is using Fergies at the moment and they just arent good enough in my book
Mata seems to be doing the business and that was a Moyes transfer
Its going to be an interesting run in! No positions are set in stone yet.

Katy
06-04-2014, 18:31
Also lets not forget how well Martinez is doing at Everton.

tammyy2j
22-04-2014, 17:19
Bye bye Moyes and now Giggs takes over

lizann
23-04-2014, 21:42
van gaal and keane could be a good combo

tammyy2j
23-05-2017, 16:45
I hope they go and win the Europa title, do their city proud

Pantherboy
25-05-2017, 00:51
A 2-0 win to Man U - well done!

lizann
25-05-2017, 01:11
jose did good with his tactics

lizann
18-12-2018, 23:51
jose out who takes over as interim

Pantherboy
19-12-2018, 07:03
jose out who takes over as interim

I just read that it looks like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will take over in the interim/for rest of the season. It appears they want Mauricio Pochettino long term. As a Tottenham fan, I hope he stays at Spurs!

parkerman
19-12-2018, 09:32
As a lifelong Liverpool fan, may I just say...:rotfl:

Brucie
19-12-2018, 14:30
I'm starting to suspect that the Chairman of Manchester United is a lifelong Liverpool fan too!

Perdita
19-12-2018, 15:01
I just read that it looks like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will take over in the interim/for rest of the season. It appears they want Mauricio Pochettino long term. As a Tottenham fan, I hope he stays at Spurs!

He is going up north!

lizann
19-12-2018, 18:17
zidane but does he have enough english to take over as boss :p would like roy keane to get a chance

fans do love baby face ole get giggs or scholes in to help