PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Series 7 Spoilers and Discussion

tammyy2j
28-05-2009, 11:56
Pauline McLynn has joined the cast of Shameless.

The actress, who has previously appeared in Father Ted and Jam & Jerusalem, will first appear in series seven when it returns to Channel 4 later this year.

McLynn will play a local Librarian called Libby, who becomes a new love interest for Frank Gallagher. Valerie Lilley is also joining the show as Libby's mum, Patty.

"We are thrilled that the acting talents of Pauline McLynn and Valerie Lilley are to be joining our already celebrated cast on the Chatsworth Estate," said producer Lawrence Till.

"This season we will continue to push the boundaries of storytelling: keeping the audience on the edge from the first frame to the last blast."

lizann
28-05-2009, 14:03
So Shelia isnt returning for Series 7 :thumbsdow

lizann
04-06-2009, 17:15
Filming has begun on sixteen brand new episodes of Channel 4’s drama series Shameless, to air in 2010. Find out what's coming up!

Frank Gallagher (David Threlfall) finds a new love this series with the arrival of local librarian Libby, played by Shameless newcomer Pauline McLynn (Father Ted, Jam & Jerusalem). Libby’s passion for romantic literature wakes in Frank something that has been dormant for so long… and then he meets her mum Patty (Valerie Lilley – The Catherine Tate Show) who might just put a spanner in the works.

Eight months on from the tragic loss of Mandy, the Maguire family are preparing to welcome a new addition to the clan, a baby son for Karen (Rebecca Atkinson) and Jamie Maguire (Aaron McCusker). And baby Connor’s arrival doesn’t mean Joe Pritchard (Ben Batt) will loosen his hold on Karen, who soon discovers that motherhood brings on some unwanted Jackson family traits.

The Jockey’s got a new landlady – Mimi Maguire (Tina Malone) so Patrick (Sean Gilder) has to come to terms with their separate living arrangements.

While Kelly (Sally Carman) takes her new godparent duties to the extreme, boyfriend Shane Maguire (Nicky Evans) gets involved with wedding scams – and then thinks about a wedding of his own.

Micky Maguire (Ciaran Griffiths) and Ian Gallagher (Gerard Kearns) now share a bungalow together, as the perfect odd couple.

Meanwhile over at the Gallaghers, Liam (Johnny Bennett) hits senior school and develops his first crush, and Carl (Elliott Tittensor) and girlfriend Maxine (Joanna Higson) get adventurous in the bedroom.

Verso
04-08-2009, 22:36
Former Casualty star Martina Laird has landed a role in Shameless.

The actress, who played paramedic Comfort Jones on the BBC One medical drama, is expected to start filming her new role as brothel owner Michelle later this month.

Michelle has been tipped to cause chaos on the Chatsworth estate by recruiting its male residents to work as gigolos.

It is believed that Jamie Maguire (Aaron McCusker) is the first character to accept her offer, with his brothers and friends later following suit.

A source told The Sun: "Shameless has always been raunchy, but Aaron's scenes are steamy beyond belief. It's going to turn the show on its head."

tammyy2j
05-08-2009, 16:10
So Jamie dumps Karen hopefully :cheer:

Perdita
03-01-2010, 18:55
The next series of Shameless will see one of the main characters sleep with a teenager, reports say.

According to the Daily Star, Tina Malone's character Mimi Maguire will begin a relationship with a 14-year-old boy she meets at The Jockey.

She will reportedly sleep with him before realising that he is underage when she sees him in his school uniform.

"The new series of Shameless is going to be dynamite," a source said. "It will be the most explosive series yet and the plotline featuring Mimi and the under-age lad is set to be one of the most shocking to date. Fans are going to love it but the critics are going to have a field day."

The insider added that Mimi is "absolutely horrified" when she realises the boy is 14 and continued: "It is going to open a whole can of worms. There have been some shocking storylines in Shameless over the years but this is going to be right up there with the most controversial of all time.

"But the writers have handled it superbly and and it will be very realistic and believable. It's not the kind of plotline you'll find in any other television programme. But series creator Paul Abbott knows exactly how to tackle controversial topics. It will be must-see viewing."

Meanwhile, Malone has reportedly admitted that she found filming the storyline "incredibly challenging".

The seventh series of Shameless will air later this month.

From DS

tammyy2j
12-01-2010, 15:09
Please mod can you rename this thread to Shameless Series 7 Spoilers and Discussion

Series 7 Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNCt2KgdKE

Perdita
13-01-2010, 07:20
Father Ted's tea-obsessed housekeeper has landed an unholy new role after getting her buns out.

Pauline McLynn - dowdy Mrs Doyle in the hit TV show - has already filmed her first nude scenes.

She is starring in C4's Shameless as Frank Gallagher's latest conquest, librarian Libby Croaker.

The 47-year-old Irish actress says: "It's not exactly a part people have seen me play before.

"I have to get my kit off because it's Shameless and sex is all part of living on the Chatsworth estate."

She admits it's a far cry from Craggy Island, where she constantly pestered Ted and Co with endless cuppas and her catchphrase "ah go on, go on, go on."

"There's a lot of **********g," she says. "And I did get naked for the first time in my life... well, the first time for money."

The seventh series of Shameless begins on Tuesday, January 26.

Mirror

tammyy2j
13-01-2010, 14:40
^ oh god no :(

lizann
24-01-2010, 20:55
I love to see Sheila back

Katy
25-01-2010, 09:53
yay its back,

not as good as it used to be but i still like it, i see it as a different show to what it was in the early days.

lizann
26-01-2010, 17:43
....***** SPOILERS!!!! *****

Episode 1

It's Frank's 50th and Liam has the dubious honour of sharing the auspicious day with him on his 11th birthday. Uncharacteristically, Frank snubs the chance of a party, and instead opts to dwell in his own lonely loveless existence until... Libby, a local librarian falls into his life. His passion reignited; a whirlwind romance ensues, but will Libby's wheelchair bound mother Patty, bibliophile activists and riot police stand in the way of Frank holding onto his new love?

Meanwhile, Liam's inherited the dirty nappies, rubber gloves and responsibility of the Gallagher household. Nin, Liam's great grandmother, offers to move in and help ease his burden, but a selfish Frank rejects her. Liam is infuriated. Unable to cope herself, Nin is spurred into homicidal action and in turn teaches Liam a priceless lesson in surviving as a Gallagher.

Elsewhere, whilst an overdue Karen worries about the paternity of her unborn baby, an oblivious Jamie and the rest of the Maguire clan prepare for the imminent arrival. Joe lurks in the background, but a medical emergency soon brings him to the fore and back in favour with the Maguires.

Episode 2

The Maguire clan is fully mobilised for the christening of its newest member baby Connor, with Mimi pulling all the strings. Her first act, reallocating godmother duties, leaves now 'ex' godmother Kelly devastated. Shane is stuck in the unenviable position of being forced to take sides between Kelly's need for acceptance and his mum's pursuit of respectability. Kelly demands he permanently cut the apron strings if their relationship is to last.

Patrick's attempt to get involved in the family celebration is derailed by his own personal credit crunch. Papering over the cracks in his relationships, Patrick tries to press-gang Shane and Jamie into his new plan for the family business. While the lads turn him down, an eager Micky is overlooked. Feeling ever more isolated, a fatal mistake by Patrick means Micky must come to his rescue. At his lowest ebb, Patrick takes the christening opportunity to cleanse his own soul in front of the astonished family.

Meanwhile Karen's spending is burdening her and Jamie under a mountain of debt whilst her affair with Joe threatens to spiral out of control. At the Gallagher's; Carl's experiment in the bedroom shocks Maxine into retaliatory strap-on action!

Perdita
27-01-2010, 15:01
David Threlfall has praised Pauline McLynn for her work on Shameless.

The Father Ted star first appeared on last night's show as librarian Libby, who will become Frank's new love interest.

"Pauline has fitted in brilliantly," Threlfall, who plays Frank, told The Mirror. "It’s all about getting the right person for the show, in terms of their personality as well as being a good actor and we’ve got that in spades with her. She’s great."

Threlfall also admitted that is is "difficult" when people leave the show, and revealed that there are "more big shocks" this series.

Shameless continues on Tuesdays at 10pm on Channel 4.

DS

Perdita
27-01-2010, 15:02
Can the Spoilers please be put in the SPOILER BRACKETS. Thanks you.

alan45
27-01-2010, 15:26
Episode 3
Tuesday 9th February 2010

Karen's obsessive drive to prove herself more than just a mum has Jamie worried. With the help of a trampoline and a battalion of baton twirling majorettes her body is in perfect shape but her mind is in danger of unravelling, leaving the Maguires to pick up the pieces.

Liam's pursuit of his first true love is threatened when he becomes tangled in a web of his own lies. His desperate attempts to conceal his Chatsworth life are shattered when Frank is summoned to the school. Maxine's life is thrown into turmoil when she is presented with an urgent choice. At the time she needs Carl most, she finds him following in Frank's footsteps at the bottom of a pint glass, so she turns to Ian for support.

Elsewhere on the Chatsworth estate, Yvonne is in debt and out of her depth when Paddy comes collecting. The Karibs concoct a plan leaving the shop under new management, Paddy enraged and Chesney starting a new independent life. Meanwhile, Micky finds a plumber to help him with his neglected pipework.

Episode 4
Tuesday 16th February 2010

Mimi gets a toy boy, Billy, the Jockey football team’s star striker. However, Mimi’s happiness is short-lived when she discovers her new beau is the not the man she thought he was. But when Billy tries to blackmail Mimi into continuing to see him, she decides to teach him a Maguire life lesson he will never forget.

Elsewhere, Frank is temporarily blinded by bootleg vodka. Rejecting doctor’s orders to detox, the family take advantage of his blindness and set about turning his vices into virtues.

Episode 5
Tuesday 23rd February 2010

Maxine is desperate to make a good impression at her parents' party so cajoles Ian into pretending to be her boyfriend. He reluctantly agrees but their act unearths deep feelings that take everyone by surprise.

Meanwhile Carl realises what he’s lost by splitting up with Maxine so he is determined to win her back. Carl soon finds love and hate are two sides of the same coin when Micky reveals a painful secret

Perdita
16-02-2010, 07:29
CASUALTY'S Martina Laird turns up in Channel 4 hit Shameless next Tuesday - seducing Jamie (Aaron McCusker) in a LOO. Nice.

The Sun

alan45
16-02-2010, 11:19
Is it just me or has this series of Shameless become the most vulgar yet. If it doesnt cross the line it sails very close to it. Its certainly pushing the boundaries.

lizann
16-02-2010, 12:13
I cant believe Ian who is gay gets with Maxine - poor Carl and poor Mickey obviously he fancies the pants of Ian - np pun intended :p

lizann
26-02-2010, 11:50
Is it just me or has this series of Shameless become the most vulgar yet. If it doesnt cross the line it sails very close to it. Its certainly pushing the boundaries.

Yes way too much shagging and affairs

Perdita
26-02-2010, 11:55
I don't find it funny anymore :(

Chris_2k11
26-02-2010, 14:05
I cant believe Ian who is gay gets with Maxine
yeah that was totally ridiculous

Perdita
06-03-2010, 07:38
SHAMELESS star Sean Gilder is quitting the hit show - because he can't face more sex scenes with Tina Malone.

Sean, who plays psychotic gangster Paddy Maguire, and Tina (Mimi) have a strained relationship, according to insiders.

The pair have had few scenes together on the current series after their characters split up.

But Channel 4 writers were planning to reunite them for next year's show.

Sources said Sean, 46, could not face working closely with former Celebrity Big Brother contestant Tina, 47, again particularly in intimate scenes.

One insider said: "Sean and Tina just don't get on and doing bedroom scenes was really difficult.

"When there was a suggestion their characters could reunite he really couldn't face doing it again."

Last night Sean told TV Biz: "I have had a fantastic time for four years on the show but it is time to move on."

A Channel 4 spokeswoman confirmed Sean was leaving this year but denied this was because of a rift with Tina.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2880747/Shameless-star-Sean-Gilder-quits-over-sex-scenes-with-Tina-Malone.html#ixzz0hNN6x6AJ

Perdita
06-03-2010, 15:43
Jody Latham spent a night in police cells after being arrested on suspicion of assault, according to The Mirror.

The former Shameless star is alleged to have argued with a 23-year-old outside a pub in Colne, Lancs, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The 27-year-old appeared at Pennine Magistrate's Court where he denied assault, being drunk and disorderly, and resisting arrest. Latham, who played Lip Gallagher iin the Channel 4 series, is due back in court in June.

The father-of-one left Shameless in 2008 and has since appeared in The Fixer, Spooks: Code 9, Hell's Kitchen, Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Junkie, and the BBC 4 radio series House On Fire.

DS

lizann
06-03-2010, 20:19
I think Karen is also rumoured to be leaving this season

tammyy2j
08-03-2010, 17:50
Frank, Mimi and Mickey are the only characters i like and care about

Chris_2k11
09-03-2010, 13:18
I think Karen is also rumoured to be leaving this season
shame, shes been good lately

Perdita
29-04-2010, 18:34
Gerard Kearns has announced that he is planning to leave Shameless.

The actor, who played Ian Gallagher, has been on the show since it started in 2004.

However, PA reports that he has now decided to move on to work on other acting projects.

Kearns said that he was "happy" to be leaving and explained: "I feel I can do whatever. There's so many British actors, we're really thriving at the moment, we're really going good, and I'd like to be part of that - I'd really like to move forward with that."

The 25-year-old added that he is pleased he was able to work on Shameless.

"It's been such a good job, such a good experience," he said. "And it's given me all the tools I need to try to get where I want to get to."

While appearing in Shameless Kearns has also starred in critically acclaimed dramas Red Riding and The Mark Of Cain.

Perdita
29-04-2010, 18:34
Gerard Kearns has announced that he is planning to leave Shameless.

The actor, who played Ian Gallagher, has been on the show since it started in 2004.

However, PA reports that he has now decided to move on to work on other acting projects.

Kearns said that he was "happy" to be leaving and explained: "I feel I can do whatever. There's so many British actors, we're really thriving at the moment, we're really going good, and I'd like to be part of that - I'd really like to move forward with that."

The 25-year-old added that he is pleased he was able to work on Shameless.

"It's been such a good job, such a good experience," he said. "And it's given me all the tools I need to try to get where I want to get to."

While appearing in Shameless Kearns has also starred in critically acclaimed dramas Red Riding and The Mark Of Cain.

tammyy2j
30-04-2010, 14:56
Soon there will be no Gallaghers left

Who is baby Connor's real dad?

tammyy2j
06-05-2010, 15:33
Well that was a crap finale

Perdita
14-05-2010, 15:46
Rebecca Atkinson has revealed that the finale of Shameless was rewritten at the last minute.

In the episode, which aired earlier this week, Joe (Ben Batt) attempted to strangle Atkinson's character Karen.

However, Atkinson told PA that the scenes were only added because heavy snow prevented the cast from filming the original script.

"The original storyline option was something far more way out, to do with a level crossing and a car, and it was really dramatic," she explained. "But we had all that snowfall and they couldn't clear the line so it wouldn't work and we had six hours to rewrite the storyline.

"[The finale] was the complete antithesis of what was going to happen. Either one would have been equally dramatic, there's just a different energy, and this one showed more about Joe, more about his frustration."

Shameless has already been renewed for an eighth series and an American remake is currently in the works.