PDA

View Full Version : 2009 UEFA Champions League Final

tammyy2j
27-05-2009, 12:14
The match is to be played at the 72,698-capacity Stadio Olimpico in Rome, the home of Roma and Lazio, on 27 May 2009.

The match will be contested by Barcelona and holders Manchester United, who are the first defending champions to reach the final since Juventus in 1997, and will be looking to be the first team to retain the European Cup since Milan in 1990. This is the fifth year in a row in which the final involves at least one English team.

Come on United :cheer: :thumbsup:

Perdita
27-05-2009, 13:00
One British fan has already been stabbed, luckily, no serious injury. I hope that there is no more fighting between fans, one club only can win, so the fans need to accept that their team might lose without reacting violently.

Katy
27-05-2009, 14:30
Barcalona!!!!! Should be a good match. Off to thenpub later

Perdita
27-05-2009, 15:08
I am supporting Barcelona too but have to pretend to support the British club at work or else they are give me too much of a hard time :ninja: :p

lizann
27-05-2009, 15:57
The Reds all the way!

Glory Glory Man Utd Glory Glory Man Utd Glory Glory Man Utd

Rach33
27-05-2009, 21:29
Come on you Reds!!! Championees Chamopionees UNITED!!!!!!!

Chloe O'brien
27-05-2009, 23:38
BARCELONA, Champions. hard luck Man U but Barcelona was the better team. Did you know that the winning team get £96m prize money.

thestud2k7
28-05-2009, 01:12
that much i thought it was 30 million

Katy
28-05-2009, 01:52
Was a good game I enjoyed it. A few sore losers after trouble but managed to avoid a kicking makes a changefor me as trouble seems to follow me. Well deserved to barcalona! Reds put up a fight

angel_eyes87
28-05-2009, 02:00
Loved the match, was supporting Barca all the way through, was expecting a tough match between the two teams, I was expecting Man U:sick: to win from the first minutes they were playing so well, but they began to fall apart from the minute Barca scored. The second half was equal until Barca finished Man U off, Ronaldo having a bit of a temper tantrum on the pitch, when nothing was going right for him:cheer: Fergusons face was a picture at the end, he was fuming:cheer:

Perdita
28-05-2009, 06:57
:cheer: :cheer: Fair result for a good game.

Sir Alex's face at the end :lol:

tammyy2j
28-05-2009, 11:45
Well Done Barca they completely outplayed United they deserved their win

Ferguson messed up with the team selection and positions :angry:

lizann
28-05-2009, 12:41
Barcelona completely outplayed United who were terrible one of their worst displays ever in Europe :thumbsdow Barcelona deserved their win and well done to them

Quentus13
28-05-2009, 17:32
For the first time in my life, I wanted Man U to win. (I'm a Chelsea fan, so don't like them). I felt quite sorry for Man U, especially since I think they weren't outplayed but had one of those games where the ball was never going to go in the net and were a bit unlucky. I suppose you could say they are quite lucky in other games though. Well done to Barca

tammyy2j
28-05-2009, 17:50
A Manchester United fan in Nigeria has allegedly killed four people when he drove into a crowd of Barcelona supporters after his team's Champions League defeat.

Police said the crowd in the town of Ogbo were celebrating Barcelona's victory when the minibus drove into them.

A police spokeswoman said ten people were injured and the driver was arrested.

She said: "The driver had passed the crowd then made a U-turn and ran into them."

Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0 in what has been hailed as a "dream final" between two of Europe's best clubs.

Both teams have large fan bases in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation.