PDA

View Full Version : If you love someone, set them free (follow up to goodbye)

PinkFairy
02-06-2005, 19:27
Heres the follow up to goodbye, I hope you like it. This is the first part.

If you love somebody, set them free
Prologue

“Let me go back!” I yelled ferociously at the old woman in the navy knitted cardigan and the pleated skirt who looked at me sympathetically, knowing what I was going though however hard I tried to deny it, believing I was the first person to die. She looked at me in a mother-hen fashion, her eyes open with sympathy and care. I didn’t see this at the time, blind with pain I suppose. Instead I barked at her again, hoping that causing her pain would relieve me of mine in some ways. “Don’t you act like you know what I’m going through, I have had to leave the man I love behind and he needs me and I need him. I can’t live up here, I can’t, I need him! Let me go back you old witch!”
I began to run away out of the room, pushing the plastic green chairs like those in a classroom flying, knocking them with my fists, sending the sliding across the polished floor which emitted a large squeak that pained my already buzzing head which was overloaded with emotions. I just wanted to get out and go back home, back with Dennis. I ran as fast as I could across the enormous room which appeared to go on forever, tripping up several times but not caring in the slightest way, just wanting to be reunited with my darling, wanting to be held in his strong arms that protected me and created a safety blanket around my body. Instead I was going to never be able to speak to, or see him again. Why me, why did my life have to be cut so short? I carried on running until I heard a quiet yet reassuring voice come from the other end of the room. I quickly turned around, realising how far I had ran and I saw that the old lady who I had just shouted at was gesturing for me to come back, smiling in a friendly way, her warm, ocean blue eyes telling me to trust her, to let her lead the way. At first I stayed still, wanting to just run away and leave, but something deep inside me told me to go and talk to her, telling me that she could tell me things I needed to know. ‘You can't go back now’ that voice told me and the two wills battled before one won. I slowly walked back to her, trying to dodge all the chairs that I knocked over as I had run, beginning to feel guilty about the mess I had made.
The woman was like a typical grandmother should be; she had a permed style and her hair was whiter that I ever imagined a possible colour for hair, her skin was wrinkly yet she still twinkled with inner youth that shone through the worn and old skin. Her nose was perfect, neither too long or short, nor too thick or too narrow and her lips were plump despite her obvious old age. Her eyes were a beautiful blue colour like the ocean of a deep sea which held many secrets that took years to discover and still kept some hidden. Her eyes made her seem so inviting and made you feel safe, like she was going to protect you. I weakened and she spoke softly to me; “Thank you. Don’t worry it’ll be all right, I promise, I’m going to look after you now.” I began to sob and she walked towards me and began to give me a cuddle, wrapping her frail looking but strong arms around me. I bawled into her and she stroked my hair just like my dad did when I was upset. Between sobs I somehow managed to get out; “I miss him so much already! I just want him back.”
The woman ran her frail hands through my silky hair again and then held my face up so I could see her and she could look me in the eye. “Shh, I know, I know” She said in a comforting way. “Everyone's in the same boat here, we’ve all left people we love behind, we all have to look out for each other. I know you miss him, but I think there’s someone you would like to meet again.” She paused and looked behind her, making me advert my gaze to where she was looking. I gasped as I saw who it was smiling at me. For a moment stood still, too shocked to move but then I regained my strength and I once again ran, but this time into my mothers arms.

If you love someone, set them free

Part one

“The car lights blind me as they flash into my eyes, the unbearable light soaring to the back of my retina’s, making me feel as if my eyes were being burnt out. I close them tightly, trying to stop the pain – another fatal mistake that brings me closer than ever to the big gates that live high up in the sky. I realise what I have done and I quickly open my eyes, realising what danger I have put myself into but it’s too late. It’s always too late with me. I scream, seeing the car skidding towards me, the driver trying to brake so he wouldn’t knock me over but there is no use – it’s to late.
Time slows down in those fatal last moments, every second turns into hundreds of minutes, time ticking by so slowly so I can see ever last detail; the water on the ground splashing out to the sides of the wheels as it gets pushed out; the drivers expression of horror as he realises that he may become a murderer, his eyes ringed with fear and pain; I see the pigeons fly away from the car, scared that they will receive the same fate as me and last of all I see him, running towards me, trying to knock me out of the way, flying towards me like superman, trying to take my place. He was so heroic, he flew at me in front of the car but he didn’t succeed. He stumbled over, turning over and over, missing the car and falling to safety about a metre away. I can see him now looking up just in time to see me be hit by the car, my torso hitting the bonnet before I bounce off like a tennis ball onto the hard ground, my long hair fanned out across the grey wet floor, getting splattered with dirty rain water. I can remember so clearly the first tear the rolled down his face, so many emotions contained in one tiny little droplet, no wonder it fell so fast. I can see him run up, stumbling over to me like a drunk, and fall down beside me, he looks so sad, broken. He picks my head up so carefully, covering me in a sea of his tears that join up with the rain droplets that are falling down as well and soaking us through and through.
“No, no, wake up darling, wake up!” He sobs at me, kissing me on the lips and wrapping his arms around my limp body, trying to wake me up. I don’t though, I stay still like plank of wood, unable to move.
I can see the gathering crowds around the pair of us, I can see people crying and some pointing to their companions, and I can also see the driver rushing out his car and saying over and over again that it was an accident, I came out of nowhere, he was unable to stop. Dennis ignores him, still trying to wake me up, smothering me with kisses all over my face, telling me that he loves me, telling me to wake up.
I want to do so more than anything, I want to be able to open my eyes and tell him I love him back so much but I can’t. I can’t. I can’t. Dennis, I didn’t mean to die!”

I am unable to continue all the emotion from the past seizes me around the neck and strangles me, making it impossible to talk at all. I sit there in the green plastic chair that looks like it belongs in the class room and I cry my heart out, wanting to get rid of all the pain that lives inside of me, that multiplies in my head until it is all I can think of, dancing in my eyes so I can see nothing but suffering. I can’t go on talking anymore, all I can do is cry.
Lily gets off of her chair and crouches down beside me and I can hear her worn bones creak as she does. She wraps her arms around me, a soothing feeling travelling from her fingertips into me, relieving me of some of my pain.
This is my first mediator session, which apparently is meant to help me get over some of the shock and pain from my death, help me get adjusted to my new life as an angel in heaven. Before I was very sceptical about it, I didn’t really see how it’s ever going to help me, talking to a complete stranger, however nice they might be. However, at the end of the hour I walk out feeling somehow a little lighter, calmer. I know it’s going to take time but I think I will survive, learn to stay alive in heaven, but I still worry about Dennis. How is he going to cope? Or will he find someone else? I can’t help but feel jealous at the feeling of this, however selfish it may seem. I want to know what he’s doing. A thought comes into my head and I turn around back to speak to Lily, who was now preparing the table’s and chairs for her next ‘patient’ who apparently is a man in his mid fifties. I ask Lily a question, hoping she will let me but she shakes her head, looking sympathetically at me, seeing my expression. “Not yet dear, just give it a little longer.” She says, pushing the chair under the table.
I walk out of the room and find my mum waiting for me, smiling, holding up her arm to link with mine.
“I think we have some catching up to do!” She says and I link arms with her, heading for one of the café’s. At least I hadn’t lost everything I suppose.

melonb
02-06-2005, 21:15
awwwwwww this great!! more soon please! its really interesting! :thumbsup:

angelwings
02-06-2005, 22:00
oh my god this is fab more asap. love emma.

Nigellover
04-06-2005, 12:05
this is really good!poor sharon! more soon plz!

PinkFairy
06-06-2005, 18:05
If you love somebody, Set them free
Part Two

We sit in a small but posh café, not far from the mediating room, in the east of heaven. Apparently it’s the sunniest part, I heard the north spends most of its time in storms and rain. Maybe that’s why everyone arrives in the east, because the sunny weather makes you feel better, more safe.
It was sunny today, the sky was a beautiful blue with no clouds what so ever and you could see out for miles and miles into the distance. The café itself was painted mostly light blue though there was several panels of silver too, giving it a modern appearance. Down the sides of each wall there was a strip of tiny little mosaic mirrors that not only made the place seem less compact but you could also view yourself for wherever you were sitting.
I could see my mother looking in the mirror, she was fluffing up her hair and pouting slightly which reminded me of old times. Times back on earth.
“Oh, I do hate those damn mirrors sometimes!” My mum exclaimed, frowning at her appearance and pulling at her hair that was refusing to fluff up in the way she wanted. She looked at me and frowned again. “What?” She asked seeing me laugh at her. I smiled at her and explained, “It’s you, you don’t hate the mirrors, I think you would go insane if the disappeared!” We laughed, like mother and daughter, like it should be. It had been a long time.
I could see her looking at a young waiter, she nearly had her tongue rolling out she was so transfixed in him. I had to admit he was nice looking. He had amazing jet black hair that reached down to his shoulders in soft wave that still managed to look masculine. His eyes were a dark brown but still shone like the sun above us, making him appear sunny and cheerful himself. He was quite tall, but not tall enough to make a woman feel too short stood next to him. He was of a athletic build and his abs were clearly viable through his light blue T-shirt which matched the décor perfectly without making him seem like part of the furniture. He had a lovely smile too, which made his eyes twinkle even more, lighting up like light-bulb.
“Mother, don’t you think that he’s slightly old for you?” I asked, smiling once again at my mum who was still engrossed in his every movement. I hit her gently on the arm and she jerked out of her daydream and replied with a twinkle in her eye; “I’m never to old Dar-ling, he won’t be able to resist me, he won’t know what’s hit him. He's gor-geous! Though I must say your Dennis was quite a looker, I wouldn’t have said no straight away if he tried to buy me a drink...” She stopped, reading my reaction and seeing she had hit a raw nerve. “I’m sorry.” She said, looking annoyed with herself. “Look, I’m already upsetting you! You miss him a lot don’t you?” She asked, putting her arm around me and I cuddled up close. It felt good, it had been so long since I had been able to cuddle her like this, just before her death she had been helpless so it was nice to be able to be like this with her. I felt I could tell her anything, she was my mum after all.
“Yeah I do, more than anyone” I muttered to her, breathing in her warm, familiar scent, which I recognised as ‘Dune’ by Christian Dior. A thought came into my head. “Do they sell perfume here?” I asked and she smiled. “Of course darling, they sell anything you want, you just go up and ask and they’ll get it for you. It’s super.” She paused for a moment and then continued in her normal extravagant tone; “We’ll have to go shopping soon, get you some stuff.”
I was just about to say what a great idea that was when I saw someone walk by the window, having come from Lily’s mediator session. ‘So he must be the fifty something guy then’ I thought to myself, craning my neck to see what he looked like, thinking that maybe he would make a good partner for mum. I could see he was tall, with dark hair that was slightly balding at the top. He seemed familiar, yet I couldn’t put my finger on who he exactly was. Then he came closer and I gasped out loud, finally realising who it really was. What was he doing here? He couldn’t have?, No, it was him, all his mannerisms were the same too.
Was my dad really dead too?

melonb
06-06-2005, 19:42
wow this is amazing!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :cheer: :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:
more soon please!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Tamzi
06-06-2005, 20:31
I thought Den was going to turn up. This is really fab. More more more
xxx

Angeldelight
07-06-2005, 17:00
oh WOW... amazing... brilliant... fabulous... please post more... more more more...

PinkFairy
08-06-2005, 17:17
Thanks for replying everyone. Here's the next part.

If you love someone, Set them free
Part Three

I lie restlessly in my grand bed, my fathers face lingering in my mind, blocking all other thoughts; all I can see is him. I turn over, keep switching sides trying to try and block him out of my head. I can’t though, no matter which side I turn to he is there, as always.
I hadn’t told my mum about the possible death of her ex-husband, the legendarily Den Watts. I hadn’t told anyone, I didn’t want to talk about him, I just wanted to forget about him forever. I hated him now, as cruel and horrible as it might seem - hating your own father, I could truly say that I despised him. He had kept me and Dennis apart, taking away some of the precious time we had together form us when it wasn’t his time to take.
But now I couldn’t help think about him - it was all I could do, thoughts running through my head at the speed of light, so fast I couldn’t concentrate on one thought properly before the next came buzzing by. It was useless trying to sleep, when ever I closed my eyes he was there, he was always there, thinking he knew what I was about when he didn’t have the faintest idea.
I got out of my bed and walked over to the big window at the side of the room, walking carefully so not to wake my mum, who was sleeping I guessed more soundly than I was. As I reached the enormous window I pulled back the expensive looking gold curtains slowly, getting blinded by the bright light, the light bringing back memories of that car just before I was killed. I changed my thoughts quickly, not wanting to dwell once again on my death for the pain it caused. I was amazed by the moon, I had never seen it so large and bright, so startling and beautiful. A million colours came off it, dazzling me with all the shades of the rainbow and many more, all the colours dancing around my dark room, lighting it up and giving it a cosmic glow.
A light and uplifting feeling swept through me, brushing away for a moment all those negative feelings of pain and suffering and for that moment I felt truly happy. I almost felt like I was as light as a feather and nothing could weigh me down - not even my dad. I began to dance around the room, going back to my early childhood when I had gone to ballet classes. I twirled around in my imaginary pink tutu and began to pirouette around the hard wooden floor, spinning around and around faster and faster until the room began just a mere blur, all the colours blending into one happy shade. I leap in the air and then glided back down like a young deer, gracefully spinning around the large room until I felt dizzy. All I needed was my partner now, the prince to conclude the dance. I searched around the room in a still fast pace dance until I spotted him the shadows, waiting in the darkness until I came to get him. I ran over, skipping as I did until I reached him. I looked and I screamed. It was him! He smiled evilly and his eyes glowed, though not like the colours of the spectacular moon, no, these colours were dark and evil. He spoke in his normal cool and detached manner, holding out his wrinkled, worn hand to me.
“Hello Princess, care for a dance?” He grinned, showing of his sharp teeth shinning just like the wolf in the stories he had read to me all those years ago.
I was scared, I just wanted him to disappear. I ran away, jumping onto the bed and hiding behind the soft, thick covers like a little girl hiding form the big ferocious monsters that live only in her dreams but seem real. I can now seem him once again in my head, beside himself with glee at the thought of having so much control over me again - being on top with everyone below him.
Trying to regain some of my strength I look over my shield, planning to appear strong and powerful, not weak. Slowly, I look up he is not there! Gone! I wonder he’s gone, now half wanting him to come back so I can tell him what I really think about him, show him that he has no power over me, show him how much I hate him. Now I want him back. Do I really hate him? I begin to wonder, not sure of myself anymore. Surely if I hatred him so much I would glad to be rid of him now, surely I wouldn’t want him to be near me? Had he really been there or was I just imagining him because I subconsciously wanted him to be with me? All these unanswered questions were making me even more confused, more unsure of myself.
I began to cry - just wanting life to go back to what it was before. I had always believed nothing could hurt you once you were dead, nothing would be imperfect in heaven but I was wrong - it could hurt you and no, not everything was perfect. I began to cry, unable to bottle up all of those emotions that wanted to escape me so badly in any longer. I sobbed into my pillow for a few minutes when I felt a hand on my head, patting it reassuringly. I looked up, not realising that anyone was there - though I wasn’t sure of much anymore. I saw my mum, who smiled softly at me, pulling me into a hug. “Shh darling, it’ll be OK, I promise.”
I hoped so, I didn't know how much more of this I could take.

melonb
08-06-2005, 19:22
wowee this is amzing!!!!! :bow: :thumbsup:
more soon pelase!! :clap:

di marco
09-06-2005, 10:35
fab! :D just read it all. its amazing, loved reading it, its so sad! :) more very soon please, cant wait

Tamzi
12-06-2005, 17:34
so sad. Its fabby though. more plz
xxx

Angeldelight
12-06-2005, 17:37
wow... that was so sad... please post more... PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE... more more more... I need to know what's happening... more more more...