PDA

View Full Version : Dot Goes Naked

alan45
11-05-2009, 00:47
EASTENDERS legend June Brown is planning her most revealing role yet — stripping NAKED, The Sun can reveal.
The soap veteran, 82, let slip she is considering dumping Dot Cotton’s trademark launderette overalls and stepping out in her birthday suit.

But June will not be shocking viewers of the BBC1 soap.

The nude caper is part of a top-secret project planned for later this year.

Calendar

Speaking at the British Soap Awards on Saturday night she teased: “I can’t tell you because I might not be doing something.

“But if I do, I will be taking my clothes off.

“I don’t know if it’s a pretty sight.”

Last night pals of the popular star, whose character is now Mrs Branning, suggested the strip could be for a charity project similar to the Women’s Institute “calendar girls”.

The group of middle-aged women peeled off to raise cash for Leukaemia Research.

One friend said: “June may be getting on but she’s still an adventurous girl at heart.

“When you get to her age you are pretty comfortable in your body — no matter how many wrinkles it’s got.”

Others hinted it could be a ploy to win an AWARD.

Advertisement

One said: “Bafta snubbed her for best actress this year when she delivered the performance of her life, so you can’t blame her if she’s refocusing on another category next year.

“Don’t be surprised if she’s named sexiest actress at next year’s British Soap Awards.”

Abigail
11-05-2009, 01:26
One said: “Bafta snubbed her for best actress this year when she delivered the performance of her life, so you can’t blame her if she’s refocusing on another category next year.

“Don’t be surprised if she’s named sexiest actress at next year’s British Soap Awards.”

I switched off after five minutes of that episode. Listening to Dot talk to a tape recorder for half an hour is terribly boring.

Sexiest actor? :ninja: Maybe to the older generation (i.e. 70+).

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2009, 23:41
Good on June if she's going to do the calendar for charity.

Perdita
29-05-2009, 13:30
EastEnders veteran June Brown is to strip on stage after joining the cast of the West End adaptation of Calendar Girls.

The 82-year-old, who is most recognised for her role as Walford smoker Dot Cotton, will take a short break from filming at the BBC soap to take on the role of Jessie, the show's Miss January, currently played by Sian Phillips.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Calendar Girls producer David Pugh said: "It was the moment in the royal retiring room, with June sitting there with her cigarette and a glass of Champagne. Dafydd [Rogers, co-producer] came in just as she was lifting her dress to show me her legs - I have to tell you, they're a bloody good set of pins. They're the legs of a 42-year-old!"

He added: "She asked if she could be a little more brave in the part. Sian uses balls of wool and something that has been crocheted to cover her - so for June I'm thinking smaller balls of yarn and a slightly smaller piece of knitting."

As part of the new cast, Brown will appear alongside former Albert Square co-stars Anita Dobson as Chris (Miss October), Jill Halfpenny as Cora (Miss July) and Jack Ryder as the photographer, Lawrence.

Other members of the new lineup include Jerry Hall as Celia (Miss September), Jill Baker as Annie (Miss February), Sara Crowe as Ruth (Miss November) and former Hollyoaks actress Gemma Atkinson as Elaine.

The Calendar Girls story is based on genuine members of the Rylstone & District Women's Institute who stripped for a calendar photoshoot to raise money for leukaemia research.

Writer Tim Firth, who adapted the stage version from the original 2003 film, will "substantially rewrite" the script for the new cast.

di marco
04-06-2009, 07:00
EastEnders legend June Brown has had an operation to remove her varicose veins ahead of stripping on stage in the West End.

The 82-year-old, who has played Walford's Dot Branning since July 1985, was unveiled as part of the new cast lineup for the stage production of Calendar Girls, in which she will take on the role of Jessie, the show's Miss January.

However, before taking off her clothes in front of the British public, Brown opted to have minor surgery to remove varicose veins from her leg.

A friend of June told The Mirror: "It is true that June has had surgery on her varicose veins. It was only a small operation and she has recovered well."

In order to take on the role, the actress will take a short break from filming with EastEnders, but return at the end of her stint on stage in October.

Other notable names in the new Calendar Girls cast include Anita Dobson, Jill Halfpenny, Jack Ryder and Jerry Hall.

Perdita
30-07-2009, 05:57
EASTENDERS legend June Brown has admitted bosses could kill off her character - to save money.
She told TV Biz that all producers needed to do was to turn lovable busybody Dot Branning into a hate figure.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2562205/EastEnders-bosses-could-make-Dot-into-a-monster-then-kill-her-off.html

They can't kill off our Dot :eek: :nono:

Chloe O'brien
30-07-2009, 22:27
They could get rid of at least 6 wooden cast members to save money. June Brown is one of the main reasons viewers tune in every week. She is one of the few cast members who can call themselves an actress and hold their head high.

Chris_2k11
30-07-2009, 22:39
I actually wouldn't mind if they killed off Dot.

*runs for the hills*

Chloe O'brien
30-07-2009, 22:45
:eek: :eek: *Throws rotten fruit at Chris" It would be the end of EE if they got rid of Dot. Go and say 10 Hail Mary's and 6 Our Father's for your sins.

di marco
31-07-2009, 08:02
i dont think they will kill off dot just yet unless june brown decides she wants to leave. and i dont think they will turn her all nasty first

Dutchgirl
26-08-2009, 09:07

*runs for the hills*
Oh how wicked are you?:(

sindydoll
09-09-2009, 22:49

*runs for the hills*
no never! they cant kill dot off that would be just wrong

Chris_2k11
09-09-2009, 23:15
Shes SO overrated though, seriously I could name loads better actors on the show than her.

alan45
10-09-2009, 00:33
Shes SO overrated though, seriously I could name loads better actors on the show than her.

Like Britains National Treasure the fantastic Barbara Windsor. OMG what a talented Actress she is. Who can forget her stunning performances in Carry On Doctor, Carry On Nurse and Carry On Camping. How she didnt win an Oscar is beyond me.

Chris_2k11
10-09-2009, 00:55

Like Britains National Treasure the fantastic Barbara Windsor. OMG what a talented Actress she is. Who can forget her stunning performances in Carry On Doctor, Carry On Nurse and Carry On Camping. How she didnt win an Oscar is beyond me.Well no not her haha. but the likes of Stacey, Jean, Ronnie, Max etc. to me they are far more worthy.