PDA

View Full Version : Sutherland Faces Investigation Over Fashion Fight

tammyy2j
06-05-2009, 14:27
Police have launched an investigation after 24 star Kiefer Sutherland was accused of headbutting a fashion designer at a swanky New York party on Tuesday night.

The actor reportedly flew into a rage with Proenza Schouler designer Jack McCollough after he knocked into actress Brooke Shields at the Met Costume Institute Gala.

Sutherland is said to have confronted the catwalk mogul and told him to apologise to the star. He is then alleged to have headbutted McCollough in the face, injuring his nose, according to TMZ.com.

The website reports that a police report was taken and the incident is under investigation.

A spokesperson for Shields insists the actress has been left baffled by the incident, saying, "Nothing happened to her. Jack did nothing inappropriate. It's not clear what caused Keifer to do what he did."

Sutherland is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to his 2007 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI).

He was sentenced to 48 days in jail but could be sent back to prison if he is found to have violated the terms of his release.

Chloe O'brien
07-05-2009, 00:22
God he can't go back to jail they've just began filming day 8. He was only defending a female.

Perdita
07-05-2009, 08:29
ACTOR KIEFER SUTHERLAND is to be charged by cops after claims he headbutted a fashion designer.

Sutherland, 42, allegedly flew into a rage like his 24 character Jack Bauer at a New York club.

He is said to have broken JACK McCOLLOUGH’s nose after accusing him of pushing over actress BROOKE SHIELDS.

Now the actor has been told to show up at a New York police station and get a desk appearance ticket for an upcoming arraignment date.

Sutherland is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to his 2007 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI).

He spent 48 days in jail but could be sent back to prison if he is found to have violated the terms of his release.

A representative from the LA City Attorney's office told US website TMZ.com they will contact the New York Police Department to get details and then decide if they will try to revoke Sutherland's probation.

From The Sun

Chloe O'brien
07-05-2009, 11:43
He's innocent don't jail him. :crying:

Perdita
07-05-2009, 11:54
He is not innocent if he broke the guy's nose,but he should not be jailed.

Perdita
07-05-2009, 12:50
Kiefer Sutherland's alleged fight with a fashion designer could delay filming on 24, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The actor could be pulled in by police after reportedly headbutting clothing designer Jack McCollough at a Manhattan nightclub earlier this week.

A law enforcement official said that McCollough told police his face was cut by a blow following a heated argument.

Nobody has been arrested over the incident, but reports claim that Sutherland could be jailed after the alleged attack.

"Part of his probation is likely to obey all laws, so the judge in L.A. will look closely at the New York case," said criminal defence attorney Richard Hirsch. "He can send him back to jail, sentence him to community service - that's all negotiable and would depend on the outcome in New York."

Sutherland is currently on parole from a 2007 DUI charge.

Chloe O'brien
07-05-2009, 23:55

The guy's probably only got a tiny scratch and wants to make a big deal out of it because it's Kiefer and he wants the publicity. Kiefer wouldn't attack anyone just for no reason he must have thought that this guy did behave unappropraitly towards Brooke Sheilds and he was defending her.

Perdita
08-05-2009, 10:38
Kiefer Sutherland has been charged with assault after he allegedly headbutted a fashion designer on Tuesday morning.

The actor surrendered to questioning over the incident and a spokesperson for the New York Police Department confirmed that he has been charged with misdemeanour assault.

Reports have suggested that the incident occurred after fashion designer Jack McCollough accidentally bumped into actress Brooke Shields.

Los Angeles City Attorney Frank Mateljan said that prosecutors are consulting with investigators to determine if the alleged assault puts the 24 star in violation of his probation for a drink-drive conviction in California.

McCollough has said that he was subjected to "a vicious, violent, unprovoked assault" by Sutherland.

Does not look good for Kiefer at the moment, does it :(

StarsOfCCTV
08-05-2009, 11:53
The guy's probably only got a tiny scratch and wants to make a big deal out of it because it's Kiefer and he wants the publicity. Kiefer wouldn't attack anyone just for no reason he must have thought that this guy did behave unappropraitly towards Brooke Sheilds and he was defending her.

If he did it he should be punished. Whether prison or not well that's not for us to decide. He's on probation he should know better than go around head butting people, even if they do behave inappropriately, you can talk to them not headbutt them. If someone did that to me I wouldn't care about whether they were famous or not I'd want them to get punished for what they did so they didn't do it again.

It seems as though he needs to sort his anger out not go around playing the hero.

Chloe O'brien
08-05-2009, 23:12
This is from the fox/24 site:

So this whole rift between Brooke Shields and Kiefer Sutherland over the headbutting incident ... here's the real story.
Brooke's reps told us that Kiefer was full of it when he said alleged victim Jack McCollough knocked Brooke over. Her reps said "nothing happened to her."
But Brooke has told friends she was indeed "jostled" by McCollough just before the headbutting, though she says it was "no big deal." Brooke says after McCollough made contact with her she fell, but not all the way to the ground. She doesn't believe it was intentional.
Brooke blames the fall on her 6" high heels and the fact that the room was dark and crowded and it was really really late.
Brooke says it all happened so fast.... but fact is, she does back up Kiefer on the issue of contact

Kiefer has been bailed until 22 June and at present there will no delay in the filming of day 8. It's upto Brooke to speak up if Kiefer was out of order, which I don't think he was then fair enough but I still think that McCollough is making a mountain out of a molehill. If kiefer did break his nose and cause him serious damage why hasn't police photographs been released.

StarsOfCCTV
08-05-2009, 23:34
Police photographs aren't meant to be released are they? :hmm: In the case of Rhianna they were leaked and there is now meant to be an investigation into it.

Chloe O'brien
09-05-2009, 02:10
Police photographs aren't meant to be released are they? :hmm: In the case of Rhianna they were leaked and there is now meant to be an investigation into it.

Maybe I'm being biased I hold my hands up but in kiefer defence it has been reported that he was smashed and maybe he saw Brooke taken a tumble and lashed out but which guy wouldn't. If Kiefer has went and attacked this guy and broke his nose and caused other injuries then fair enough Kiefer is man enough to admit to it an accept the punishment. I just think that this has been blown out of all proportion because Kiefer is known to lash out and ask questions later. Yeah he is known to to go out on the bevvy but in the seven years he has been filming 24 and all other films he has been involved in he has never once missed filming due to being hungover. He has never raised his hand to a female or child in my eyes he's a dam decent guy. all i'm asking is how come any other witnesses haven't come forward in confirming that Kiefer was in the wrong.

callummc
11-05-2009, 15:37
feel sorry for him,probably drunk and over reacted,there will be more to this story,similar to the utd fan who said mouriniho had punched him for nothing,the fashion desighner probably deserved a slap,and he will now become a high prifils desighner and it will give him publicity which he probably wont shy away from,sutherlands known to be a bit temperamental,instead of jailing him,putting him in a alcolol programm might be more helpful to him cos all his problems seem to be alcohol related

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2009, 16:11
Kiefer Sutherland has labelled reports that he headbutted (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a155012/sutherland-headbutts-fashion-designer.html) a fashion designer at a New York party as "untruthful", reports People.
The 24 star has been charged (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a155252/kiefer-sutherland-charged-with-assault.html) with assault after Jack McCollough claimed that he had been headbutted by the actor after accidentally bumping into actress Brooke Shields.
In a statement, his attorney Michael C. Miller said: "We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening.
"We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident."
He added that Sutherland would "not be making any comment...out of respect for this law enforcement process".
McCollough later branded (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a155161/victim-sutherland-assault-vicious-violent.html) the alleged incident as a "vicious, violent and unprovoked attack".

tammyy2j
13-05-2009, 14:01
Kiefer Sutherland's former 24 co-star Carlos Bernard has leaped to his pal's defence following allegations he assaulted a fashion designer at a New York party.

Sutherland is charged with third-degree assault after allegedly headbutting Proenza Schouler co-founder Jack McCollough at a Met Costume Institute Gala afterparty earlier this month.

Bernard, who played government agent Tony Almeida in the hit drama series, has been friends with Sutherland since they began working together in 2001.

And the 36-year-old star can't believe his friend would commit such a violent act - because the behaviour seems so out of character for Sutherland.

He says, "Kiefer is one of my best friends, and he's a great guy. I've been around the world with him in bars and social situations, and I've never seen anything close to this happening, He always bends over backwards to be courteous with people and to be generous with his time."

Sutherland, who is currently under a probation order in Los Angeles relating to a 2007 conviction for driving under the influence, faces a $1,000 (£660) fee and up to a year in jail if convicted of the third-degree assault charge.

His arraignment is scheduled for 22 June at Manhattan Criminal Court.

Perdita
13-05-2009, 14:43
Kiefer Sutherland has revealed that he is "grateful" for the support that he has received following allegations that he headbutted a fashion designer.

The 24 star was charged with misdemeanour assault last week after Jack McCollough accused the actor of headbutting him at a party in New York.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Sutherland said: "Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to comment until the situation is really dealt with, but I've certainly felt a lot of support and I'm grateful for that."

It had been reported that the pair became embroiled in a scuffle after Sutherland accused the designer of bumping into actress Brooke Shields. However, an attorney for Sutherland recently dismissed the allegations.

In a statement, he said that he was "troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information" surrounding the alleged incident, insisting that his client was "neither the instigator nor the wrongdoer" in the altercation.

That should put somebody's mind on here at ease, won't it, *cough Kath :lol:

Chloe O'brien
15-05-2009, 01:18
I know he's innocent if Kiefer was guilty of the crime he would have held his hands up and accept the punishment like he did with the drink driving charge.

Perdita
23-05-2009, 08:24
Kiefer Sutherland has admitted that he "really regrets" his altercation with fashion designer Jack McCollough.

Earlier this month, the 24 star was charged with misdemeanour assault after allegedly headbutting McCollough in a dispute over actress Brooke Shields.

When asked about the incident on Late Night by host Jimmy Fallon, Sutherland said: "We can joke about it but it's something I really regret having happened. And until it's kind of resolved, I really can't talk about it."

Later on in the interview, the actor told Fallon that bloopers from 24 have been saved for a future release.

"We've actually saved bloopers for about seven seasons. I think we're going to save them for the final year," he said. "The show is so serious - when something does go wrong it's unbelievably funny."

Chloe O'brien
24-05-2009, 00:40
I bet there are some crackers of bloopers over the last 7 years.

Perdita
24-05-2009, 14:37
NEW YORK (AP) -- Kiefer Sutherland and the fashion designer he's accused of head-butting at a Manhattan night club said Friday they resolved their differences, clearing the way for the charges to be dropped. Sutherland and Jack McCollough issued a brief joint statement Friday to The Associated Press through Sutherland's attorney.

"I am sorry about what happened that night and sincerely regret that Mr. McCollough was injured," Sutherland said in the statement.

The star of Fox television's "24" was charged May 7 with third-degree assault in the alleged incident two weeks ago at a nightclub at the Mercer Hotel in the trendy SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan. The minor charge is comparable to a speeding ticket.

A spokeswoman for the Manhattan District Attorney's office declined to comment on whether the charges would be dismissed.

But now that Sutherland and McCollough say they have resolved their differences, a prosecutor may go before a judge and ask that the case be dropped. That could happen at Sutherland's next scheduled court appearance on June 22.

"I appreciate Mr. Sutherland's statement and wish him well," McCollough said in the statement.

McCollough, of the high-end Proenza Schouler fashion house, said Sutherland head-butted him and broke his nose after an argument. The two were out following the gala at the Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, a fancy affair studded with celebrities.

The story spurred a media frenzy as a swarm of reporters gathered outside the 1st Precinct in Manhattan to watch as Sutherland arrived for questioning and was charged. Photographers also shadowed Sutherland and McCollough while rumors swirled about the nature of their altercation and what role, if any, actress Brooke Shields might have played.

Sutherland, who has won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for his portrayal of dashing federal counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer on "24," pleaded no contest in October 2007 to driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

He served 30 days in jail, in addition to 18 days for violating probation in a 2004 drunken-driving arrest.

Perdita
17-07-2009, 16:24
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a165638/sutherland-headbutting-case-postponed.html

Kiefer Sutherland has been told that he will not be required to attend a court date this week following allegations that he headbutted a fashion designer in New York.

The 24 star had been scheduled to attend a Manhattan court this morning to answer the charge that he assaulted Jack McCollough at a nightclub in May.

However, a representative for the Manhattan District Attorney's Office has announced that the court date has been postponed and that a new date has not been set. The reason for the delay has not been revealed.

Sutherland and McCollough recently released a joint statement claiming that they had reached an agreement following the incident, but the actor had still been required to appear in court.

An attorney for the star has yet to comment.

Chloe O'brien
17-07-2009, 23:55
How long are they going to drag this on for. If he was guilty he would have been charged by now.

tammyy2j
22-07-2009, 11:47
Kiefer Sutherland has been cleared of headbutting a fashion designer after the case was dropped by officials.

The 24 star was accused of attacking stylist Jack McCollough for no reason in New York in May. McCollough was hospitalised with a broken nose after the alleged encounter.

Sutherland maintained he accosted the designer after he barged past actress pal Brooke Shields, who backed up the TV star's story, calling the incident "unfortunate".

Sutherland was due to appear in court on Friday to face the charges, but the trial date was pushed back until further notice.

Now the Manhattan District Attorney has scrapped the trial altogether because officials consider the accusations too small to be considered a level of criminal behaviour.

lizann
16-04-2010, 13:44
Better knows as the serious and professional Jack Bauer, Kiefer Sutherland has shown his wild side on a drunken night out in London.

The shirtless 24 star was snapped by paparazzi wrestling with bouncers at Stringfellows nightclub in the early hours of Thursday morning.

He was also photographed in a headlock as they tried to remove him from the club.

His boozy bender started off around 10.30pm when he was spotted in Covent Garden drinking with a friend.

At 2am he was driven to the lapdancing club where a source told The Sun: "He went bananas, shouting nonsense and dancing like Peter Crouch before kicking off when asked to leave."

The star was eventally forced from Stringfellows by security staff, minus his shirt and jacket and eventually managed to make it into his car.

Sutherland is currently in the UK promoting his role in new film Twelve.

It is not the first time the actor has hit the headlines for his drinking antics.

In 2007 he spent 48 days in jail for drink driving offences and last year handed himself into police after head-butting fashion designer Jack McCollough.

He later apologised for his behaviour and charges against him were dropped.

Chloe O'brien
16-04-2010, 21:46
Did you see the pictures intoday's sun,What a body girls.

StarsOfCCTV
16-04-2010, 23:38
His behavior is a real turn off though.. :S

Chloe O'brien
17-04-2010, 00:59
I disagree. in the nine years Kiefer has been involved in 24 he has never missed a day's filming. He just likes to go out and have a laugh with his mates. He is doing nothing different to what most guys do at the weekend he is just highlighted because he is famous and it's not as if he is in the papers ever week.

Perdita
17-04-2010, 22:06
DAPPER Kiefer Sutherland looks remarkably fresh-faced as he signs autographs - just hours after he was seen plastered on London's streets.

The 24 star ended up being hustled shirtless out of a lap-dancing club by bouncers who put him in a headlock after a boozy night out.

We told yesterday how the Hollywood actor was said to be "absolutely screamingly paralytic" as he returned to his hotel at 4am on Thursday.

But later in the day Kiefer, 43, cheerily greeted fans outside the hotel in Covent Garden, central London.

Then he went off to record a chat with Jonathan Ross, shown last night on BBC1.

He told pals of his booze bender: "I have a huge fondness for London. I was just having fun."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2936121/Kiefer-Sutherland-looks-fresh-faced-hours-after-boozy-night-out.html#ixzz0lOEhcOva