PDA

View Full Version : House news thread - may contain spoilers

StarsOfCCTV
08-04-2009, 13:01
We don't really have a spoiler thread for House for news...interviews, articles...that sort of thing. :) This will keep the House thread less cluttered?

Anyway - I don't think this has been mentioned on the boards? - but Jennifer Morrison is in the new Star Trek movie. She plays Winona Kirk, although I'm not sure how big a part that will be. She is in a trailer for it though, briefly! :D
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/startrek_trailer3_medium.html

The film is apparently being released 8 May in the UK. The trailer for it actually look pretty good!

Abigail
09-04-2009, 11:19
Contains season five spoilers

The executive producers of House have spoken out about their decision to write out Kal Penn's character Dr Kutner in a suicide plot.

Last night, US viewers were shocked when Kutner died from a self-inflicted gun wound.

Discussing the character's successful suicide bid, executive producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs told Entertainment Weekly the story was "essential".

"I like the fact that Kutner is almost the least likely guy to do this," said Shore. "We wanted it to be a character who didn't make sense - or didn't superficially make sense.

"Obviously, there are reasons, but the notion that the reasons are too complicated for even House to figure out is what was drawing us to it."

When asked what Kutner's death meant for the rest of House's team, Shore and Jacobs revealed: "This will affect everybody."

"[Kutner's death] does affect [Cameron and Chase] as a couple," Shore added. "When somebody close to you dies under any circumstances, you take stock of your life and you want to go home and hug somebody.

"We worked hard to let everyone react [to the tragedy] in a different way. The way House reacts ultimately brings House and Cuddy closer."

It was earlier reported that Kal Penn is to put his acting career on hold to join the White House team.

Abigail
16-05-2009, 00:01
Season 5 finale and season 6 filming spoiler

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/tv_show_house_to_film_at_greys.html

Chloe O'brien
16-05-2009, 00:13
I think season 5 of house may be shown on a Monday night in the soon to be vacated 24 slot. 24 has only 3 more hours to go and there are adverts on sky1 showing House coming soon.

Abigail
16-05-2009, 00:14
The last two episodes of 24 are being shown as a double bill so I've heard so it won't be long.

Chloe O'brien
16-05-2009, 00:16
The last two episodes of 24 are being shown as a double bill so I've heard so it won't be long.

Don't upset me there is no way we have had 21 hours already sorry to go off topic and spam the house thread but how long until January?

Abigail
16-05-2009, 00:18
Seven months. Five months until House season 6 :cheer:

StarsOfCCTV
16-05-2009, 00:41
:thumbsup: :cheer:

I can't wait. Even though I was disappointed at the season finale (bar the last 5 minutes) I'm hoping that they will make it up to us in Season 6. :p

angelblue
16-05-2009, 10:41
I really can not wait for House to start on sky1 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Abigail
05-06-2009, 20:38
Season 6 casting news. Spoiler if you haven't seen S5 finale.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8901/160x120linmanuelmiranda.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/my.php?image=160x120linmanuelmiranda.jpg)

Lin-Manuel Miranda has been cast in House, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Earlier this year, Hugh Laurie and other members of the cast and crew were spotted filming season six scenes at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in New Jersey, following House's admission to the facility at the end of season five.

Miranda will appear in at least two episodes of the show's upcoming season as House's psychiatric hospital roommate. Producers are also said to be looking for other "interesting" actors to populate the ward.

Miranda has previously written and starred in the Broadway musical In The Heights.

Perdita
19-06-2009, 06:12
The executive producers of House have apologised to fans over the season five finale.

The storyline saw Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein's characters House and Cuddy have sex, only for it to be later revealed as a hallucination of the disabled doctor.

"I don't think we cheated them [but] I do think we teased them," David Shore admitted. "And I apologise for being a tease. But I don't think we cheated fans because that was a legitimate storyline that made sense. And we will follow up on it."

He continued: "It's not like it didn't matter. The fact that House had that hallucination is extremely significant. It was not like he woke up in a shower and all of last year was just a dream. It wasn't what you might have thought it was going to be, but it was big. That was a glimpse into what House desires."

Katie Jacobs added: "We could not let [on] that the actual events that he imagined were not real beforehand," she explained. "The audience needed to experience [House's hallucinations] as though they were real because that is what he did."

Fox recently announced that season six of House will premiere on Monday, September 21 with a two-hour movie.

Abigail
19-06-2009, 13:41
We wait five years for Huddy to get it on then it's all a hallucination :mad: That's like winning the lottery then being told I have to give it back because it's not mine.

Perdita
07-07-2009, 06:54
Former House actor Kal Penn has started his job at the White House, it has emerged.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a163805/house-star-begins-work-at-white-house.html#article_continue