PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours General News Thread

Bryan
02-04-2009, 18:54
A news thread for all general peices of news regarding the show and the cast. I.e Digitial Spy news reports etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Perdita
07-04-2009, 06:18
First appearing on Ramsay Street in 1988 and returning full time in January 1992, Lou Carpenter became one of Erinsborough's most distinguished residents after years spent running the general store with best mate Harold Bishop. Along the way, he's flogged cheap vodka, knit-infested Russian hats and is now teaching those Apprentice-winning entrepreneurial skills to the younger generations. We caught up with actor Tom Oliver to find out how Lou is coping after Harold's departure and what we can expect from him next.

The big storyline at the moment is Harold's departure. That must be sad for Lou?
"Oh yes, definitely, but the old rascals keep in touch all the time. It was a sad farewell. Not just in character, but for me and Ian [Smith] too. We worked together for so long and were both on the same wavelength. We had as much fun off camera as we did on. He was a great actor to work with and it has left a great hole there - particularly comedy wise."

They were quite a double act weren't they?
"Some reviewers said we were like Laurel & Hardy or a cross between the two Grumpy Old Men and The Odd Couple. That just about sums us up on a good day I suppose!"

You started out as rivals at the start though?
"Yes, we had always been bitter rivals because Madge, Harold and Lou had all been at school together. Lou arrived in Ramsay Street to stop Harold from marrying her, but he won the day and Lou returned to Queensland. He came back four years later after Harold had disappeared and finished up living with her. He'd always had this huge crush on her."

Mickey and Lou do seem to have a very strong bond. How is that to act?
"We handle it carefully, because you know what that sort of question could lead to from some idiots about old men and young boys. I've made it very clear with the scriptwriters that nothing must have any hint of that sort of suggestions. Not that they would have done that to Lou in the first place, don't get me wrong. I do some work for an organisation called ChildWise and travel a lot to Thailand and Vietnam and am very strong on that score."

Lou seems to have been really taken in by the Parkers of late...
"Well he needed somewhere to live and was in a caravan outside their house. After they bought the house Steve told Miranda that they should invite Lou as he was always there anyway. It does seem like a bit of a fall from grace sometimes, but that's soap opera for you. At once stage I owned the garage, the pub, two houses in the street and I was mayor of Erinsborough, then they twist and turn it and suddenly one day I'm living in a caravan in the street."

Lou's always had very vivacious ladies. Any chance of him settling down?
"I don't think so. Deborah Kennedy, who plays Mischka, is doing very well in theatre at the moment. Legally, Lou is still married to Trixie Ticker, but she is in Hong Kong living off her Hello Dolly money, which is one of the reasons that Lou started going broke!"

What can we expect from Lou over the coming year?
"Well, I'm going to be taking a three-month break, so Lou will be off your screens for a bit. But when he comes back the Parkers will have gone, so who knows where Lou will even live. So long as it's not that bloody caravan!"

Would Paul Robinson put him up?
"Oh no, Lou would punch him in the nose any day of the week! It was rough when they made Paul a goody-goody after his brain damage. He's much better when he's evil. I came up with a joke storyline the other day where Lou injects woodworm into Paul's false leg when he is asleep, so when he runs for a bus he falls over. I think they thought that was even a bit too much - even for Neighbours."

A lot of characters seem to move to Bendigo, Colack and Perth after Neighbours. Where would Lou go?
"Yeah, Bendigo seems to be choice number one, some couples have gone to Perth too. I don't think Lou will ever retire. Just for fun I wrote half a dozen ideas of how Lou could leave the show. Choice number six was that he drops dead of a heart attack in the general store, holding a beer with a beautiful woman on his knee and a smile on his face. That would be Lou's perfect exit!"

Neighbours airs weekdays on Five at 5.30pm. It is repeated on Fiver at 7pm.

Perdita
08-04-2009, 15:08
Neighbours executive producer Susan Bower has responded to claims that the soap lacks cultural diversity, admitting that it is still an issue for the long-running series.

Last year, the show was criticised for its lack of non-white characters and failure to represent a multicultural Australia.

"Cultural diversity is still an issue in Neighbours," Bower told fansite The Perfect Blend. "We are getting there in 'background characters', that is extras, but I would still like to mix it up with larger roles."

She added: "What makes it difficult is that most of our families are white so if a relative comes to visit or to stay they will usually be from the same cultural background. You will soon see a delightful (and feisty) new character arrive when the Kennedy house accepts an exchange student from Korea."

Abigail
10-04-2009, 13:13
Neighbours actor Tom Oliver has admitted that he was 'gutted' when Ian Smith decided to quit the Australian soap.

The star described the pair, who first appeared together on screen in 1988, as "old rascals" and claimed that they keep in touch all the time.

"It was a sad farewell. Not just in character, but for me and Ian too. We worked together for so long and were both on the same wavelength," he told DS.

"We had as much fun off camera as we did on. He was a great actor to work with and it has left a great hole there - particularly comedy-wise."

Oliver revealed that the duo's on-screen chemistry has been compared to other double acts over the years.

"Some reviewers said we were like Laurel & Hardy or a cross between the two Grumpy Old Men and The Odd Couple. That just about sums us up on a good day, I suppose!"

Perdita
14-04-2009, 19:13
Neighbours is going back to its roots to concentrate on more family drama, says the series' script editor Pete McTighe.

In July 2007, the 24-year-old series launched a much-hyped revamp to curb dwindling viewing figures in Australia and move away from its sensationalised plots. Despite an initial spike of over 1 million viewers, ratings returned to an average of around 800,000 and have fluctuated ever since.

Speaking to fan site The Perfect Blend, McTighe said: "We're really taking the show back to its roots and concentrating on families.

"The Ramsay name is synonymous with the show, and when we were discussing our new family, from very early on we decided to tie them to the street in a very practical way.

"We’ve seen 3 or 4 blocks with the Ramsays now, and they’re fantastic. And I’m not just saying that."

As for any future Ramsay/Robinson family feuds, McTighe said: "It’s too early to say.We need to give these characters time to settle in."

It has always been about families in my opinion. :confused:

Perdita
16-04-2009, 05:39
Neighbours will air a controversial storyline later this year, script editor Pete McTighe has said.

Speaking to website The Perfect Blend, McTighe promised that the upcoming storyline is likely to be the focus of debate when it airs.

"We have controversy-central coming up on air in 2009," he teased. "It’s a huge story, and is likely to stir up quite a bit of debate.

"I honestly reckon the stuff we’re producing now is the best we’ve ever done. Just you wait til July 20!"

News of the controversial plot follows McTighe's claim that the show is going "back to its roots and concentrating on families".

Perdita
17-04-2009, 05:33
Neighbours star Tom Oliver will cut back on filming with the soap and only appear part-time, reports The Perfect Blend.

The actor, who first appeared in Ramsay Street as Lou Carpenter in 1988, will follow the lead of former co-star Ian Smith and reduce his hours. However, unlike Smith, Oliver has no plans to permanently leave the series.

As part of his new contract, he will alternate between four-month blocks of filming and four-month breaks.

Oliver recently revealed his ideal exit for Lou should he ever leave Ramsay Street.

Perdita
06-05-2009, 19:24
Neighbours longtime casting director Jan Russ is currently in discussions about her future role with the soap it has been confirmed.

In March, Russ's future with the series was called into question after it was announced that FremantleMedia, the makers of Neighbours, were planning to bring in an external casting agency.

A Neighbours spokesperson today told DS: "FremantleMedia are currently in discussions with Jan Russ about her involvement in a number of projects for Neighbours, including the Dolly magazine Search for the Next Neighbours Star and the 25th Anniversary."

Russ, who previously worked as casting director for Prisoner: Cell Block H, has been with Neighbours since its inception in 1985.

Perdita
28-05-2009, 19:12
Neighbours star Stefan Dennis is to appear in a Christmas panto in Wolverhampton.

The actor, who plays Ramsay Street's resident villain Paul Robinson, has signed on to star in Cinderella at the Grand Theatre from December 12 to January 31.

Meanwhile, Home and Away stalwart Ray Meagher has been cast in Peter Pan at the Assembly Hall Theatre in Tunbridge Wells from December 12 to January 3.

Meagher, 64, previously starred as Abanazar in a production of Aladdin at Basingstoke's Anvil Theatre.

Do they not have pantos in Australia that they come to the UK?

Abbie
28-05-2009, 23:10
they always come over here to do panto :p

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2009, 00:25
No, australia doesn't have Panto, hence why they all come over here, lus it pay's big bucks for them! Tunbridge wells is where i work, don't think i'll bother going to see Ray tho!

Perdita
20-07-2009, 17:22
A Neighbours promotional trailer featuring the song 'The Last Day On Earth' by Australian singer-songwriter Kate Miller-Heidke has catapulted the single from nowhere straight into the Australian top 50 chart.

The emotional tune, which Channel Ten is using as the feature track for a heavy campaign to publicise the tragic death of one of Ramsay Street's favourite residents, stormed into the iTunes top 50 last week - debuting in the top 10.

Currently, the song is sitting in third position behind 'I Gotta Feeling' by the Black Eyed Peas and Lady GaGa's 'Paparazzi'. While on the official ARIA singles charts, the single debuted at number 35.

Miller-Heidke's second album Curiouser - from which 'The Last Day On Earth' is taken - has also seen a surge in popularity and is currently sitting at number four on the iTunes top 50 album chart.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a166253/neighbours-trailer-boosts-song-sales.html

Perdita
21-07-2009, 06:00
Last Broadcast has released a list of the top ten weirdest ever storylines featured on Neighbours, as voted for by the website's readers.

Describing the soap as having had some plots that "have strayed from a 'bit random' to WTF territory", the story where Bouncer dreamt that he married a fellow dog managed to score second place.

Violinist Andre Rieu's recent cameo in which he performed in the middle of Ramsay Street was polled as the weirdest storyline, followed by Bouncer's dream, the 2005 plane crash, Susan's amnesia and Santa Claus flying over the town at Christmas.

The London cameos, Drew's death, Zeke's cross-dressing, Harold's return from the dead and Audrey's adventure away from home rounded out the top ten.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a166266/neighbours-weirdest-ever-storylines-named.html

Perdita
24-07-2009, 05:50
Neighbours star Sam Clark has denied that he is leaving the soap later this year, claiming that he has not heard the rumours of his impending departure.

In April, Australia's Daily Telegraph reported that Clark was planning to quit the series when his contract expires in October to pursue a music career.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a166884/sam-clark-denies-neighbours-exit.html

Abbie
24-07-2009, 13:47
Aww I hope he doesnt leave

Perdita
27-07-2009, 09:02
Natalie Bassingthwaighte has apparently been snubbed by American television producers in her quest to crack the US.

Bassingthwaighte told the Melbourne Herald Sun: "It was a shock to the system and a very humbling experience. It's one thing being in Australia, where a lot of people know who you are. But to start from scratch... it's going to take a while to hit my mark, feel comfortable and do the best work I can."

The actress, who used to play Izzy Hoyland in Neighbours, said that she fought a bout of depression after bad reviews for her first feature film Prey.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a167521/neighbours-star-shunned-by-csiny.html

Perdita
28-07-2009, 09:08
Neighbours legend Harold Bishop has been named the top soap bloke of all time by Loaded magazine.

A poll of 2,000 readers named the Ramsay Street stalwart, portrayed by Ian Smith, as the most popular male soap character of all time, ahead of EastEnders' Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) and Bishop's fellow Erinsborough local Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a167777/neighbours-harold-top-soap-bloke.html

Congratulations to them all :clap:

Perdita
30-07-2009, 17:54
Neighbours actor Scott Major has revealed that he nearly landed a part in EastEnders.

In an interview with Holy Soap, the 34-year-old admitted that he just missed out on the role of Sid Clarke, the accomplice in SJ's (Natasha Beaumont) scam to fleece Minty (Cliff Parisi).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a168331/neighbours-star-nearly-joined-eastenders.html

Perdita
07-09-2009, 16:20
Former Neighbours star Caitlin Stasey has landed the lead role in the film adaptation of best-selling novel Tomorrow: When The War Began.

The 19-year-old actress, who played Ramsay Street local Rachel Kinski, will star as Ellie Linton, the heroine of the teen novels that have sold nearly two million copies in Australia and New Zealand.

"I was ecstatic!" Stasey told ninemsn. "I have a lot of respect for Ellie's character and feel privileged to be playing such an inspirational young female role."

Director Stuart Beattie praised his film's leading lady, saying: "Caitlin captured the perfect balance of intelligence, vulnerability and strength that is essential to this character."

Filming of Tomorrow: When The War Began is due to begin at the end of September in the New South Wales Hunter Valley.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a176207/neighbours-star-scores-film-lead.html

I am pleased for her as I always liked her :cheer:

Perdita
07-09-2009, 17:33
Korean indie band The Black Skirts have flown to Australia specially to film a cameo role on Neighbours, reports the Herald Sun.

Upon arrival last Wednesday, the group were taken to the Neighbours studios where they filmed their scenes before flying out on Friday.

As part of their cameo appearance, The Black Skirts are joined on stage by characters Margot Robbie (Donna Freedman), Hany lee (Sunny Lee) and Ashleigh Brewer (Kate Ramsay) as backup singers.

"We needed a band for a scene with our Korean character Sunny Lee and The Black Skirts saw it as a great opportunity for international exposure, so organised flights and visas straight away," said Neighbours producer Neal Kingston. "And they were fantastic, so we were delighted."

A number of celebrities have recently shot cameos with the series, including Lily Allen and Jason Coleman, whose appearances will both go to air in Australia this week.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a176215/korean-band-film-neighbours-cameo.html

lizann
18-11-2009, 16:31
Neighbours actress Kym Valentine has started dating former co-star Jonathon Dutton, according to a report.

The 32-year-old, best known for her role as Libby Kennedy on the soap, went public with the new romance at a David Gray concert in South Melbourne this week, the Herald Sun claims.

Dutton, 28, played Tad Reeves on Neighbours between 1998 and 2002. He has since appeared in a number of other Australian dramas, including The Secret Life Of Us, All Saints and Blue Heelers.

Speaking of her new relationship, Valentine is quoted as saying: "It is all early days."

The soap star parted from husband Fabio Tolli in 2007. She went on to have a short romance with actor Vince Colosimo last year.

tammyy2j
26-11-2009, 13:55
Erin McNaught had to undergo emergency surgery yesterday after severing her finger in a motorbike accident.

The model and Neighbours star, who played Sienna Cammeniti in the Australian soap, fell on a dirt bike that she was riding and got her hand trapped in its spinning wheel.

McNaught's spokesperson told The Daily Telegraph: "An electronic dirt bike fell on her. She is having a major operation to reattach the finger, reconnect nerves and blood vessels in the finger that were severed in the accident."

The representative added that the Aussie star is "traumatised" by the incident.

alan45
02-04-2010, 11:38
Neighbours star Margot Robbie has revealed that she wants to see screen mother Tottie Goldsmith back in Erinsborough.

The actress's character Donna Freedman was devastated last year when scheming mum Cassandra descended on Ramsay Street for a short-lived stint. Cass's time with her daughter only served to worsen their relationship and she ended up leaving the street in disgrace.

However, Robbie told TV Soap that they got on much better in real life, explaining: "I would love Tottie to come back. We just had a ball when she was on set. It was just the most fun.

"We would giggle, and once we started we just couldn't stop. It was ridiculous. So any excuse to get Cass back on the show, I would fully get behind that."

Robbie also commented on Donna's turbulent romance with Ringo Brown (Sam Clark), which recently ended after she grew close to new arrival Andrew Robinson (Jordan Smith).

Speaking of the pair's future, she explained: "I think at the moment it's quite in the balance. It's right up to the network at the moment as to whether they'll get back together or not."

kayuqtuq
02-04-2010, 17:02
I'd hate to see Cass come back, she was awful.

alan45
19-04-2010, 11:29
Neighbours star Sam Clark has admitted that he does not know whether he has a long-term future with the soap.

The 22-year-old confirmed that he is planning to spend "five or six months" promoting his music career in the UK later this year, leaving a question mark hanging over his Ramsay Street character Ringo Brown.

Clark told Holy Soap: "At the moment I'm taking a break so I don't know whether the producers will have me back or how Ringo's leaving at this stage or what's happening there."

Speaking of his British plans, he explained: "I've never been to the UK so it's going to be really exciting for me. Hopefully I'll get to travel all around and meet a lot of people. I'm planning on going to a bunch of schools.

"I've got people asking me to come to the UK with my music all the time so to get that opportunity and to get to play to a new audience is very exciting."

Clark returned to Neighbours filming in January following a previous three-month break to promote his music.

alan45
20-04-2010, 12:10
Neighbours newcomer Jordy Lucas has revealed that she is keen to sing in a future episode of the show.

The actress, who plays Ramsay Street's Summer Hoyland, told Inside Soap that she dreams of getting the chance to show off her vocal abilities.

Lucas explained: "I really want to see Summer performing. I sing myself so I'd be very happy if I read in the script that she had to be in a musical or sing a song at some point. That'd be awesome, in fact!"

The star also reaffirmed her desire to see the rest of the Hoylands back in Erinsborough, especially Summer's brother Boyd (Kyal Marsh).

She said: "I was a huge fan of Kyal Marsh when he was in the show, so it would be nice to get to work with him."

alan45
21-04-2010, 16:27
Neighbours star James Sorensen has insisted that he is not feeling anxious about his new army career.

The actor recently bowed out from his role as Declan Napier in order to pursue a long-held ambition of becoming a soldier.

Asked by TV Week whether he feels nervous as he gets ready for life in the army, Sorensen replied: "No, not at all. I've been preparing with my trainer, Jay Shepherd, for the past three years - two years specifically for this. There's been blood, sweat and tears."

He continued: "I do anything from weights, to running up and down stairs, to skydiving. I don't think I could get any fitter. But I'm sure the army will change that!"

Sorensen also revealed how his Neighbours colleagues feel about his plans.

The 23-year-old said: "They've become like family, so they were always going to be worried about me. But they know it's something I've always wanted to do, so they're happy for me."

Declan is not being written out of Neighbours as Erin Mullally has been recruited to take over the part.

alan45
21-04-2010, 16:56
vvv

alan45
21-05-2010, 11:29
Neighbours newcomer Erin Mullally has admitted that he is trying to improve his physique after replacing James Sorensen on the soap.

The 18-year-old has taken over the role of Ramsay Street's Declan Napier following Sorensen's decision to quit the part.

In a joint video interview with Sorensen published on the official Neighbours site, Mullally confessed that he feels under pressure to appear muscular like his predecessor.

The new recruit revealed: "To prepare for the role of Declan, I've been basically trying to watch and get a feel for where James has taken Declan so far.

"And I guess also trying to get as big as him! I look scrawny sitting next to James so I've been doing push-ups, sit-ups and working out as much as I can."

Meanwhile, Sorensen tipped his successor to be a hit with fans, explaining: "It's for the better - it's either no Declan or another Declan and Erin's fantastic."

Sorensen bowed out from Neighbours in favour of a new career in the army.

Perdita
21-05-2010, 14:46
Kylie Minogue has admitted that it could be "hilarious" to make a one-off return to Neighbours in the future.

The star played car mechanic Charlene Robinson on the Ramsay Street soap for two years before bowing out to focus on music in 1988. Although the character is occasionally mentioned, she has not been seen on screen since then.

Speaking to The Sun about a possible comeback, Minogue revealed: "The other day I thought how much fun it would be to do it after years of saying never. I've decided how it would work.

"Charlene would screech up the drive in her souped-up Mini which she's been working on all the time. I don't watch the show any more but it could be fun to do that. It could be hilarious."

The 41-year-old has previously spoken of how she would "love" to try more acting projects in the future.

Minogue is currently promoting the forthcoming release of her new album Aphrodite.

Perdita
26-05-2010, 14:35
Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower has announced that Kylie Minogue is welcome to make a return to the soap anytime she wishes.

The show boss made the invitation in response to a recent interview which saw Minogue ponder reprising her iconic role as car mechanic Charlene Robinson.

Speaking last week, the popstar confessed that it could be "so much fun" to film a one-off episode which would see Charlene "screech up the drive in her souped-up Mini which she's been working on all the time".

In a statement released on Neighbours' official website, Bower commented: "Kylie can arrive in a Mini, in a hot-air balloon or even parachute, anyway she desires, we would welcome her with open arms."

Minogue had also told reporters that "a chocolate drink called Milo and the biscuits, Tim Tams" are two Australian products which make her homesick, prompting Bower to promise that a huge supply of both will be put in her dressing room should she accept the invitation.

The star played Charlene for two years before bowing out to focus on music in 1988.

alan45
01-06-2010, 10:57
Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that he would love to see Kylie Minogue back for the soap's 6,000th episode.

The Ramsay Street serial reaches the landmark later this year and the special edition is expected to be the highlight of the show's 25th anniversary celebrations.

Speaking to The Sun about plans for the occasion, Fletcher - who plays Karl Kennedy - commented: "Characters from the past will emerge.

"They should be going hell for leather in getting Kylie. It would be quite extraordinary."

Last month, Minogue confessed that it could be "fun" to reprise her iconic role as Charlene Robinson for a one-off episode.

The singer's comments prompted Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower to confirm that Minogue is welcome to make a comeback any time she wishes.

alan45
10-06-2010, 18:56
Neighbours couple Donna Freedman and Ringo Brown are to tie the knot in the soap's 6,000th episode, it has been revealed.

Margot Robbie and Sam Clark, who play the Ramsay Street lovers, have been filming the screen nuptials this week ahead of the storyline airing later this year.

Speaking to the Herald Sun about the plot, Robbie commented: "It's been fun, but it hasn't given me a taste for getting married - especially if my wedding day goes on for this long! We've been filming the episode all week so I've been in the dress all week. Wedding dresses are not exactly comfortable and it's been freezing.

"Of course there's a lot of drama leading up to the wedding. We're from Ramsay Street - things are always ten times more difficult."

The 19-year-old added that she could be under pressure if the storyline is compared to Charlene and Scott Robinson's (Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan) iconic 1987 wedding.

She said: "I've never seen that episode. I have no idea what I am competing with. But it's Kylie Minogue, so I have big shoes to fill."

Neighbours' 6,000th episode will be the highlight of the soap's 25th anniversary celebrations.

alan45
18-06-2010, 09:37
Kylie Minogue has insisted that she was only joking when she recently spoke about the possibility of returning to Neighbours.

Last month, the singer declared that it could be "hilarious" and "so much fun" to reprise her role as mechanic Charlene Robinson for a one-off episode.

Minogue's comments prompted Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower to release a statement which said that the Ramsay Street soap would welcome her back "with open arms".

However, asked by Access Hollywood whether she will be back in Erinsborough, the popstar replied: "I can't believe this is still going!"

She added: "I think this might've come about because someone asked me in an interview, they said, 'Would you ever go back?' And I was like, 'I think that time passed,' but I just was making a joke saying, 'Can you imagine if Charlene [came back to] Ramsay Street in the mini that she left in 20 years ago?'"

Neighbours is currently celebrating its 25th anniversary year and last week filmed its 6,000th episode.

Perdita
30-06-2010, 12:09
Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that he is eager to see his screen son Benjamin McNair back in Ramsay Street.

McNair's character Malcolm Kennedy originally appeared on the soap between 1994 and 1997 before later making comebacks in 2002 and 2004. He was also involved in the show's 20th anniversary episode five years ago.

In an interview with Holy Soap, Fletcher was asked whether the forthcoming arrival of Malcolm's friend Poppy Rogers could result in him making another return to Erinsborough.

The actor - who plays Dr. Karl - replied: "I'd like to think so. I'm not sure yet. He ostensibly lives in London, and I'm not aware of any script notion that he might return but I always cross my fingers."

Earlier this year, Neighbours bosses launched a UK talent search to find a budding actress who will play the role of Poppy. The hopefuls were this week whittled down to two finalists - Gabriella Darlington and Jennifer Hall.

Fletcher said: "I've taken an enormous interest in this competition. It's drawn fantastic attention from the public and media. And deservedly so because it's quite an exciting thing. Can you imagine? The two finalists are going to be flown to Australia and go through the entire process of preparing to be on Neighbours. They'll learn the whole experience of television."

Perdita
05-07-2010, 15:18
Neighbours newcomer Erin Mullally has claimed that his version of Declan Napier is more "mature and savvy".

The actor was cast as the Ramsay Street favourite earlier this year after James Sorensen bowed out from the role to pursue a career in the army.

Speaking to Holy Soap, Mullally confessed that the recast has led to some changes in the way the character behaves on screen.

He explained: "We are two different people, James is his own person, so naturally how we feel about situations and people aren't going to be the same in every circumstance.

"One of the writers said to me in a meeting the other day that the changeover between James and me can be best described as James playing Declan as very strong, macho. He liked to get into things and was very proactive.

"The new Declan is more grown up, quite mature and savvy. He thinks with his head and knows what he wants and doesn't have to use brute force to get it."

Not sure I can agree with his statement :nono:

Ruffed_lemur
06-07-2010, 16:30
Nor me. Old Declan was very mature. We watched him grow up in the soap.

Perdita
06-07-2010, 16:36
I also don't think he looks similar to the old Declan as was claimed, he is not my type, the other one was :D

Dazzle
06-07-2010, 16:52
I never particularly liked the old Declan, so I prefer the new Declan - personality-wise and looks. I don't think he's a very good actor, though I'm hoping that improves given time. He seems self-conscious at the moment, which is something that will wear off.

Abbie
06-07-2010, 16:53
For me the new declan is way too different and I know theyve changed the actor but they should have changed the character too quickly as well

Ruffed_lemur
06-07-2010, 18:33
It all happened so quickly didn't it? Like Aliens had swapped Declans! :D Would have been better if the character had gone away for a while.

Abbie
06-07-2010, 19:48
Exactly! Its all wrong the way they have gone about doing it

Dazzle
08-07-2010, 15:49
Neighbours has suffered from its lowest-ever ratings in Australia.

The long-running soap, which celebrates its 25th anniversary and 6,000th episode soon, has dropped 20% from having 1.2 million viewers in 1991 to a record low audience of 618,000.

A spokesperson for the network told The Daily Telegraph: "Most of the show's budget is covered by its UK deal with Channel Five and the 50-odd other countries it is seen in, so it's not a financial problem for Ten despite the low ratings.

"And Ten needs the show to score the Australian content and drama points required for it to hold on to a broadcasting licence."

The Aussie TV show launched the careers of stars such as Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, Natalie Imbruglia and Kylie Minogue.

alan45
14-07-2010, 10:10
Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower has encouraged fans to step up their support for the soap amid its current ratings slump in Australia.

In recent months, the Ramsay Street serial has been attracting some of its lowest ever figures on Channel Ten, despite the current build-up to the show's milestone 6,000th episode.

Writing on the drama's official website, Bower remarked: "You may have read in the paper that Neighbours is not enjoying the popularity that it once did so it's time all you loyal fans band together to celebrate this wonderful show.

"Why don't you write some emails to your favourite cast? Tell them how much you like their characters and why. They'd love it."

Speaking about what the future holds for Erinsborough's residents, the show boss teased: "Over the past few months we've been filming some 'must see' episodes. The whole Steph and Toad secret just keeps getting more and more complicated. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing explodes.

"I've seen what happens, and believe you me it's shocking. I was holding my breath whilst watching it and I knew what was coming! I must applaud the cast for outstanding performances. They put their hearts and souls into it. The actors love to get their teeth into this amazing drama."

Reports recently stated that Neighbours' future on Ten is secure as the network needs to keep transmitting the soap to meet its Australian content quotas. Additionally, most of the programme's budget is covered by deals with international broadcasters.

alan45
14-07-2010, 18:36
Paul Robinson is to play a central role in Neighbours' milestone 6,000th episode, executive producer Susan Bower has confirmed.

Writing on the soap's official website, Bower announced that the forthcoming special edition will feature a twist involving the Ramsay Street villain, marking the long history that his portrayer Stefan Dennis has had with the programme.

The show boss explained: "Last week I saw episode 6,000. This marks Australian television history. The 6,000th episode falls on a Friday so the whole week is a special one.

"As Stefan Dennis - Paul Robinson - was in the first episode 25 years ago, it was decided that his character play a most important role in this very special event.

"Paul Robinson, or P.R as we like to call him, has been up to his usual tricks over the past few weeks and everyone on Ramsay Street is becoming really sick of him. What will they do about it?"

Bower had previously hinted at a storyline involving Paul for the 6,000th episode, but had not officially confirmed the plot until now. Additionally, Alan Fletcher - who plays Karl Kennedy - has teased that the instalment sees "something rather unpleasant" happen to an iconic character.

Neighbours' 6,000th edition will also see on-off lovers Ringo Brown (Sam Clark) and Donna Freedman (Margot Robbie) tie the knot.

alan45
23-07-2010, 11:44
Neighbours star Sam Clark has announced that he is leaving the soap to concentrate on his music career.

The actor will film his final scenes later this month after three years in the role of Ramsay Street's Ringo Brown.

Speaking of his forthcoming departure, Clark told the Herald Sun: "I love acting and I'm definitely going to strive for further success in that part of my life, however music has always been a passion and I want to give it my all right now."

The 22-year-old has already released two singles in Australia - 'Broken' and 'Send Me A Sign' - while his third, titled 'Devastated', will follow later this year.

News of Clark's upcoming exit comes just a few months after he admitted that his musical ambitions had left his future with Neighbours uncertain.

Reports suggest that the star will fly out to the UK to promote his new career soon after he films his last scenes.

alan45
23-07-2010, 15:10
Alan Fletcher has said that he hopes Neighbours bosses bring in more members from the Kennedy family.

Fletcher's character Karl currently has only one child residing in Ramsay Street, Libby Kennedy.

Fletcher told Inside Soap: "It would be fantastic to have any Kennedy back - there are an awful lot of them now!

"I keep expecting to open my scripts and read that there's a knock on my door, and Karl finds his little daughter Holly outside with a note from Izzy asking him to look after her!"

Perdita
13-08-2010, 14:53
Holly Valance has revealed that she turned down the opportunity to return to Neighbours.

The 27-year-old, who originally played Felicity 'Flick' Scully between 1999 and 2002, refused to accept an invitation from show bosses to be part of the show's 25th anniversary, says The Daily Telegraph.

She stated: "They're always going to have the anniversaries, so they'll probably call again for the 30th."

Valance added about her recent lack of work: "I'm being naughty and unemployed and not worrying too much about it."

Perdita
17-08-2010, 10:17
Natalie Bassingthwaighte has become a mother for the first time.

The award-winning Australian singer, television presenter and former Neighbours star, whose partner is former Rogue Traders bandmate Cameron McGlinchey, welcomed daughter Harper Rain Sinclair McGlinchey yesterday afternoon.

According to the Herald Sun, the baby was born at a private hospital in Melbourne weighing 3.22kg.

Her manager Mark Byrne said last night: "Natalie Bassingthwaighte is a mum. Mum and daughter are both perfect."

Bassingthwaighte admitted last year: "Starting a family is one of my biggest goals. I would love that, it would complete everything."

McGlinchey recently said: "For us, it was always about the time being right. Now the time is right. It's an opportunity to bring something good into the world."

alan45
18-08-2010, 13:37
Neighbours star Blake O'Leary has left the soap after three years in the role of Ramsay Street youngster Ben Fitzgerald.

Australian viewers will see the actor's alter ego bow out next month as he leaves his old life behind to attend a boarding school for the gifted.

Ben's departure storyline comes after his mum Libby (Kym Valentine) makes the surprise discovery that he is a genius.

According to a report on the Perfect Blend fansite, while there are currently no plans for the character to return, there is a possibility that he could be recast in the future.

A spokesperson for Neighbours' UK broadcaster Five today confirmed to DS that O'Leary has left the show.

O'Leary's real-life brother Fletcher - who played Ned Parker's son Mickey - was also written out of the programme last year.

Perdita
20-08-2010, 07:09
Stefan Dennis has revealed that he originally did not want to play Paul Robinson in Neighbours.

The Australian actor, who first played the character in 1985, is currently celebrating the 25th anniversary and the 6,000th episode of the show with the rest of the cast.

Dennis told Woman's Day magazine: "I was actually very reluctant to take the role. I was waiting for a role in a film, which I was positive I was going to get. But it was the old story of 'a bird in the hand' from my agent that convinced me to do it."

He also said that he still loves playing the soap's resident villain.

Dennis also remembers starring in the show at the same time as Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan, saying: "Going to do shopping centre appearances with the cast was unbelievable.

"They would expect maybe 1,000 people, but anything between 5,000 and 10,000 people would turn up and all it would be was a cacophony of noise - just squealing and screaming. It was the Kylie and Jason show back then."

Perdita
21-09-2010, 17:43
Kylie Minogue once attempted to block broadcasts of episodes of Neighbours which she appeared in, it has been claimed.

The singer rose to fame playing Charlene in the Australian soap. According to the Daily Mail, Reg Grundy - one of the programme makers - has claimed that Minogue tried to ban repeats of her on-screen wedding to Jason Donovan's Scott Robinson

"That marriage probably got the highest ratings of any marriage in Australia," he said. "She went on to great success and I applaud that."

He continued: "She said we couldn't use the tapes because she didn't want us to use them. And we said, 'No, we own the tapes'. And she had to accept it.

"It was like, our lawyers versus their lawyers," he said. "But I think she felt as her career grew, she didn't want to be remembered for being on a soap."

He added: "That's understandable I think. But it did give her the break and I think now she does acknowledge that."

alan45
11-10-2010, 00:28
As the 6,000th episode of Neighbours airs in the UK this week, there's a sinister event in store for the soap's legendary character Paul Robinson when he is pushed from the mezzanine level of Lassiters. The dramatic incident occurs after tempers on Ramsay Street reach boiling point due to Paul's constant lies and manipulation. As the ruthless businessman fights for his life in the aftermath of the shock attack, almost everyone on the Street becomes a suspect - leaving viewers to ponder the all-important question: who pushed P.R.? Paul's portrayer Stefan Dennis recently caught up with us to reveal more about the storyline.

Episode 6,000 is a very important milestone for Neighbours. What was the atmosphere like on set when it was being filmed?
"To be honest, on the day, it was really no different from another day of shooting on Neighbours - and remember we shoot three months in advance. It was more the surrounding events and celebration after when it hit home that this really is an amazing milestone."

How did you feel about Paul playing such a central role in the 6,000th episode week?
"Without sounding like I have a big head, I think it was fitting for the longest-running character on the show. I felt very privileged and thought it was a nice compliment."

As we all know, the main event of the week is Paul being pushed from the mezzanine level of Lassiters, but can you tell us a bit about the build-up to this?
"I can't give too much away! However, each night of the 6,000th episode week focuses on a suspect and presents their motive, I guess. But you're definitely left guessing…"

When you filmed the 6,000th episode, did you already know who the culprit was?
"Yes, I did, however I was the only cast member who did know for quite a while. I was sworn to secrecy - and for the first time ever, I had to actually fib to other cast members that I didn't know!"

Do you think viewers will be surprised when they discover who was responsible?
"The person who it is is very good - it's not at all what you expect, so I think viewers will be taken by surprise - it's great storytelling."

What kind of impact will this event have on Paul in the long-term? Would you like to see him change his ways and become a good guy as a result of it?
"Oooh, I can't say too much, otherwise I will give it away - but it does change him significantly. But I never want to see Paul change his ways - I like playing the bad guy, it's much more interesting!"

Did you enjoy working with Jane Badler, who's currently appearing as Paul's nemesis Diana?
"Yes, I did! Jane is a lot of fun and has a very naughty sense of humour!"

The UK fanbase has always been an important part of Neighbours' success. Is there anything you'd like to say to the British fans as the show reaches Episode 6,000?
"Thank you of course for all your continued support. It never ceases to amaze me how supportive you guys have been to us for so many years, and I'm delighted that we have kept you entertained. And there are even more amazing stories coming up in 2011, so stick with us."

This year is a year of celebration for Neighbours, but it's also the end of an era as the show is moving from Channel Ten to digital station Eleven in Australia next year. What are your thoughts on this?
"Australian audiences have really embraced the digital TV age, so I think it's very exciting for the show to be part of a brand new station and the promotion and attention that goes along with that. We're still on free-to-air in the same timeslot, just one notch up on the remote, so we're certainly not hard to find."

alan45
18-10-2010, 11:24
Long-standing Neighbours character Steph Scully is to face fresh heartbreak when her young son Charlie is snatched, it has been revealed.

According to TV Week, Charlie will go missing in mysterious circumstances in episodes which are soon to air in Australia - leaving Steph panicked as she wonders what could have happened.

It is understood that the storyline kicks off as Charlie is enjoying some Halloween festivities with Steph's stepdaughter Summer Hoyland (Jordy Lucas) and her friends. After Summer takes her eyes off Charlie for only a split second, she is horrified to discover that he is nowhere to be found.

Reports suggest that the shock storyline will tie in with the return of a character who wants to cause pain to both Steph and Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine).

However, the identity of the person in question is yet to be confirmed, while details of what they want with Charlie are also currently unknown.

Carla Bonner - who plays Steph - announced back in June that she had decided to leave the soap. Producers have promised that Steph's forthcoming exit storyline will "do the character proud".

Perdita
18-10-2010, 11:57
Is this not a spoiler rather than general news?

alan45
03-11-2010, 23:59
Jason Donovan has admitted that he would pass up the opportunity to return to Neighbours.

Speaking on This Morning, the star - who first made his name along with Kylie Minogue on the Australian soap - insisted that he will never reprise his role as Scott Robinson who he played between 1986 and 1989.

Describing his time on the show, he said: "It's like wearing a pair of old shoes - they're a bit smelly and there's a bit of sentimental value in there as well and you don't know whether to throw them away or not.

"But Neighbours is a wonderful Australian export and I'm very proud to have been part of it… it changed my life."

However, when host Phillip Schofield asked whether he would be tempted to return, Donovan said: "No!"

alan45
11-11-2010, 21:51
Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower has insisted that there is no link between the soap's forthcoming channel change and a recent batch of cast departures.

Jane Hall (Rebecca Robinson), Matthew Werkmeister (Zeke Kinski), Erin Mullally (Declan Napier), Sam Clark (Ringo Brown), Margot Robbie (Donna Freedman) and Carla Bonner (Steph Scully) have all quit the long-running show this year ahead of its shift from Channel Ten to digital station Eleven.

However, in an interview with TV Soap, Bower dismissed talk of poor morale on set and pointed out that cast departures are nothing new.

She explained: "When I first arrived here, there were four people who all left at the same time and there was all this negative press. It happens all the time. It's unfortunate that everybody's decided to leave at once. We wish everyone well. We only want the best for our people who have served us so well.

"None of these people are leaving because of Eleven or anything like that."

Bower also refuted speculation that Neighbours will be sexed up once it moves to Eleven next year.

She said: "There's this bloody rumour going around that because we're on Eleven it's going to be raunchy. I'm not going to do that. Why would I do that? England loves us the way we are. Australia loves us the way we are. Yes, we've taken a hit in the ratings, but so has everybody else."

Neighbours is currently struggling to attract an audience above the 600,000 mark in Australia.

Perdita
25-11-2010, 17:19
Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that she is currently exploring another side to Kate Ramsay's personality thanks to the character's new romance.

Kate's latest love interest is Detective Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor), who was introduced as part of the soap's 'Who Pushed P.R?' storyline before producers decided to keep the character in Erinsborough for a longer stint.

Fans in the UK have yet to see the pair get together, but the relationship is already blossoming in episodes currently airing in Australia.

In an interview with Holy Soap, Brewer said of Kate: "I'm really happy with the path she's gone down. She's really happy in this new relationship.

"And the audience is going to see a new side to Kate. She lets go a bit and starts acting a bit younger, which I was really hoping for!"

Since joining the show last year, Brewer's main screen love interest has been Declan Napier, originally played by James Sorensen and now portrayed by Erin Mullally.

Perdita
26-11-2010, 17:25
Simone Buchanan has admitted that she would not rule out another Neighbours return for her character Sam Fitzgerald.

The actress's alter ego has recently been causing more trouble on Australian screens in a four-week guest stint, which starts airing in the UK early next month.

Speaking to TV Soap about whether Sam could make another comeback next year, Buchanan explained: "Let's just say that anything's possible and I can't really say too much about that, but it's definitely a possibility I think with Sam.

"You can just throw her in and let her go and it's a great storyline… She's great stuff! I'm sure whenever they want something stirred up they'll bring her in."

UK fans will soon see Sam set the cat among the pigeons in Erinsborough yet again as she takes on the role of prosecutor in Steph Scully's (Carla Bonner) culpable driving case.

Buchanan made her first Neighbours appearance in 2008, when her character was introduced as Dan Fitzgerald's ex-partner.

alan45
29-11-2010, 23:45
Former Neighbours stars Margot Robbie, Caitlin Stasey and Dichen Lachman all live in the same apartment block in Los Angeles, it has been revealed.

Lachman, who played Katya Kinski in the programme, was the first to move to the area, while Robbie (Donna Freedman) now lives in the same flat as Stasey (Rachel Kinski).

Australian actress Trilby Glover, who appeared in the film Righteous Kill, told The Herald Sun: "Dichen lived here first and then everyone else just flocked to this apartment block.

"My apartment door is literally one metre from Dichen's, so I can actually lean through my window and chat with her. Caitlin lives across the garden and Margot's staying with her at the moment - it's like an Aussie Melrose Place.

"All of Ramsay Street pretty much comes through."

alan45
11-12-2010, 00:47
Alan Fletcher has revealed that an upcoming Neighbours storyline will "shake" the whole of Ramsay Street.

Fletcher, who plays Dr Karl Kennedy, said that Steph Scully's court case is to cause a divide between the Kennedys and the Scullys.

He told Holy Soap: "The ramifications of Steph being guilty or not guilty is going to shake the entire street and the relationships between the characters.

"Karl's relationship with Steph will become very strained and the relationship between the Kennedys and the Scullys will become very strained."

However, Fletcher insisted that the episodes will be the most entertaining in years.

He added: "For anyone who loves watching Neighbours I can say the next few weeks contain some of the best acting I've seen on the programme and some of the strongest storylines ever on the show. It's 'do-not-miss television'."

Perdita
15-01-2011, 06:37
Neighbours was rocked by real-life drama when a roof collapsed on one of its sets.

According to the Herald Sun, the incident took place at the shows headquarters in Nunawading, Melbourne, last Friday.

It is thought no one was hurt in the incident.

Builders were on site at the time of the collapse, but no cast members were present as the show is on its annual break from filming until January 24.

The newspaper reports that the set will now have to be rebuilt from scratch.

But a spokesman for the show said it would not affect filming.

"It was not going to be in use straight away," he added.

PA

Perdita
25-01-2011, 07:13
Tottie Goldsmith has denied carrying drugs.

The 48-year-old Australian actress, who is best known for playing Cassandra Freedman in Neighbours, was allegedly caught with illicit substances in her bag while entering a music festival on Saturday.

Goldsmith's representatives released a statement to the Herald Sun saying: "Tottie wishes to express her total disapproval and embarrassment that drugs belonging to other people were found in her beach bag. The drugs were not hers nor were they for her use.

"She thanks Victoria Police for their professionalism and courtesy and strongly encourages them to continue the fight to protect the youth of Victoria."

Police reported that they found an "extraordinary" amount of drugs at the event.

DS

Perdita
27-01-2011, 16:55
Former EastEnders actor Michael Greco has revealed that he is keen to land a part on Neighbours.

The star, who played Walford's Beppe di Marco between 1998 and 2002, is currently in the soap's home city of Melbourne for the Aussie Millions Poker Championships.

Although he now has a full-time poker career, Greco told the Herald Sun that he would like to make a soap comeback by arriving on Ramsay Street.

Discussing Neighbours, he confessed: "I am desperate to get on that show."

Greco also called for a special "character swap" episode which would see EastEnders characters visiting Erinsborough and Ramsay Street residents descending on Walford.

The ex-soap actor has played professional poker under the nickname 'The Godfather' for several years.

DS

Perdita
19-02-2011, 08:22
HUNK Zeke Kinski makes the mistake of telling his friends about Sophie Ramsay’s schoolgirl crush.

And the pretty teen ends up being publicly humiliated.

She vows never to leave the house again. But devastated Zeke decides to try to make things better by going to see her.

A Neighbours insider said: “Sophie is humiliated and ends up running away to hide from everyone. Zeke feels terrible and is determined to help her.”

Fans of the hit Channel 5 soap can watch the storyline unfold this spring.

Perdita
03-03-2011, 05:52
Tottie Goldsmith has spoken out about her recent drugs "nightmare".

The 48-year-old Australian actress, who is best known for playing Cassandra Freedman in Neighbours, said that police found drugs in her bag at a music festival earlier this year because she was "set up".

Goldsmith told The Daily Telegraph: "I was caught between a rock and a [hard] place. The hardest thing was relinquishing control.

"I could fight it and go to court on the grounds I was set up - very public and hard to prove - or take the possession and not have it recorded. I desperately want to tell my story but I just can't. It's been a nightmare."

Goldsmith walked away from the incident with a clean criminal record after admitting her guilt and undergoing a drug diversion programme, despite always insisting that the drugs were not hers

DS

Perdita
08-05-2011, 05:58
ACTOR Sandy Winton reckons his character will find love again despite his doomed affair with Rebecca Robinson.

The hunk, right, who plays *Erinsborough High principal Michael Williams in the hit Channel 5 soap, admitted it was hard saying goodbye to his former co-star Jane Hall, who played Rebecca.

Sandy, 40, said: “Michael isn’t coping with Rebecca’s departure. He’s pretty devastated, lonely and trying to find his way again.

“He thought he had found the one. But give it time and I reckon he will love again.”

He added: “I really miss Jane. She has been gone a few months now and she was a lot of fun and brought a lot of energy to the studio.”

Michael and daughter Tash have been in the thick of it since they moved to Ramsay Street last year.

And with their relationship further strained by Tash’s baby lie, Sandy is now hoping it will get back on track.

He said: “Michael just wishes she would stop lying to him and get her act together so they can have a proper father-daughter relationship.

Daily Star Sunday

Perdita
25-07-2011, 12:12
Neighbours has secured a nomination for 'Best TV Drama' at the Seoul International Drama Awards.
:thumbsup:
The long-running soap has been put up against entries from a variety of countries, including Brazil's Passione, Korea's Twinkle Twinkle, China's Three Kingdoms and Argentina's Left on the Shelf.

The other nominees are fellow Australian drama Dance Academy, Romania's In The Name of Honour and Canada's Little Mosque 5.

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower joked: "I suspect the Neighbours sense of community resonated with the judges or they really love Dr Karl's singing as much as the other characters do - a close call!

"Needless to say, we're very proud to be acknowledged on an international scale."

The winning programme will be announced at the end of August.

Well done!

Perdita
08-09-2011, 16:30
Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has named screen son Jesse Spencer as his dream returnee for the soap.

Spencer played the role of Billy Kennedy between 1994 and 2000 before later finding international fame with his part as Dr Robert Chase in US TV show House.

Fletcher, who plays Kennedy patriarch Karl, told Channel 5's Neighbours site: "My great wish is that one day Jesse Spencer will finish working on House, because he has sort of suggested that when he is free of his contractual obligations he might be tempted to put in at least a guest appearance on Neighbours.

"I couldn't think of anything better than to have Billy turn up."

Asked what storyline he would like to see for the return of some old faces, the actor replied: "I think it would be quite lovely if they turned up for a major event, because I think for a lot of viewers it is very frustrating that, when there are weddings and funerals, not all the family can be there.

"It's obvious why they can't, and I think it would be quite extraordinary if there was an event. I think maybe what would be really cute is if we had a surprise birthday for one of the characters that everybody turned up at."

Benjie McNair is currently back on screen in Neighbours as the Kennedys' eldest son Malcolm.

Abbie
09-09-2011, 23:33
Neighbours has secured a nomination for 'Best TV Drama' at the Seoul International Drama Awards.
:thumbsup:
The long-running soap has been put up against entries from a variety of countries, including Brazil's Passione, Korea's Twinkle Twinkle, China's Three Kingdoms and Argentina's Left on the Shelf.

The other nominees are fellow Australian drama Dance Academy, Romania's In The Name of Honour and Canada's Little Mosque 5.

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower joked: "I suspect the Neighbours sense of community resonated with the judges or they really love Dr Karl's singing as much as the other characters do - a close call!

"Needless to say, we're very proud to be acknowledged on an international scale."

The winning programme will be announced at the end of August.

Well done!

Shame, I prefer Home and away, think its far better and its been doing much better in ratings

alan45
11-09-2011, 15:40
Neighbours bosses have said that they would like Sheree Murphy to star in the soap.

The actress, who has had roles in both Emmerdale and Hollyoaks, is preparing to move to Australia after her footballer husband Harry Kewell was signed to Melbourne Victory.

"We heard a few months ago that she would love to have a role on Neighbours, but there has been no contact from her agent as yet," a show spokesman told the Herald Sun.

"If we could find a role for her that would be appropriate, we would, of course, consider her for the role. Our UK audience is massive, so to have somebody like Sheree would be great as she would be instantly recognisable to viewers over there.

"I suspect she grew up watching Neighbours in the UK, so I'm sure she would be open to the idea of joining the cast."

Murphy recently announced that she is expecting her fourth child with Kewell.

Perdita
20-09-2011, 19:48
Channel 5 has launched a new Neighbours competition for UK fans, offering up a one-week trip for two to sunny Queensland, Australia.

The lucky winner will also be awarded £1,000 spending money, accommodation - and the chance to meet members of the Neighbours cast.

Channel 5's competition ties in with some special Neighbours episodes which are being filmed on-location in Queensland in October.

When Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer) makes a mistake which causes her to lose her job and friends, she decides to spend time away from Erinsborough and heads to Far North Queensland.

Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) later becomes involved in the storyline when more trouble at home leads to him embarking on a desperate mission to bring Kate back to Ramsay Street before it's too late.

All details of the competition are on the Channel 5 Neighbours website.

Perdita
10-10-2011, 16:32
Former Neighbours star Craig McLachlan paid a visit to the soap's set today after more than 20 years away from Erinsborough.

The actor, who played the role of Henry Ramsay in the '80s, was at the show's studios in Nunawading, Melbourne to record an interview for a forthcoming documentary.

Although McLachlan is not returning to Neighbours, he agreed to pose for pictures on set outside Harold's Store.

Channel 5 has confirmed that the documentary in question will air in Australia, looking back on iconic '80s moments.

Henry Ramsay was last seen on screen in Neighbours in 1989, when he bowed out after nearly three years on the programme.

McLachlan has since appeared in a number of other Australian shows and he competed in the sixth series of ITV1's Dancing On Ice earlier this year.

Perdita
07-11-2011, 16:53
Neighbours star Jordan Smith has landed a new deal with the soap.

The actor, who plays student Andrew Robinson, recently signed a contract which will keep him in Erinsborough for another two years, TV Tonight reports.

Confirming his intention to stick with Neighbours for the foreseeable future, Smith told the website: "There's so much to learn. I learned more in my first week here than I did in any acting course.

"If I can keep learning and not slack off and just keep getting into it, then when I leave be financially stable and know that I've tried things with acting and know what works and what doesn't - and getting paid to do it - then it's not bad."

The 22-year-old also predicted that there could be interesting times ahead for Andrew's relationship with dad Paul (Stefan Dennis) once he graduates from school.

Smith explained: "Andrew is pretty ambitious, so whatever he does he will always be making money. Even though he wants to be Paul, I think he wants to be equal with Paul.

"Eventually they will have to clash or start taking from each other. Whatever he does, he'll go hard at it."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Perdita
08-12-2011, 13:33
Neighbours cast members and executive producer Susan Bower have released a video wishing fans of the soap a merry Christmas.

James Mason (Chris Pappas), Jordan Smith (Andrew Robinson), Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi), Tom Oliver (Lou Carpenter), Christopher Milligan (Kyle Canning), Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson) and Kaiya Jones (Sophie Ramsay) all feature in the video, which was recorded behind the scenes on the set of the show.

Neighbours airs its 2011 season finale on Eleven in Australia on Friday. The programme remains on air on Channel 5 in the UK until December 16 before taking a four-week break.

alan45
11-01-2012, 10:19
Here's a first look at Neighbours guest star Toby Wallace, who'll soon be making an appearance as newcomer Corey on the soap.

As reported earlier this week, Corey is a mysterious but charming guy who Sophie Ramsay (Kaiya Jones) meets at a gig in a forthcoming episode.

Sophie is going through a rebellious phase when she meets Corey, and as they get to know each other, it's not long before they share a kiss.
http://i1.cdnds.net/12/02/618x861/toby-wallace-plays-corey_2.jpg

© Channel 5

Pictured: Toby Wallace as Corey.

We hear that Corey will only appear in a handful of episodes, but it should be interesting to see how he fits into Sophie's rebellion following her troubled times with Noah and Kate. Will there be more heartbreak ahead for the teen?

Neighbours airs Corey's first scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and in February on Channel 5 in the UK.

Perdita
02-03-2012, 07:40
Neighbours boss Richard Jasek has joined the debate over alleged racism in Australian TV casting.

The soap's executive producer, who took over from Susan Bower earlier this year, said that the show needs to reflect the diversity of the community more than it has in the past.

He told The Age: "Our instincts as storytellers is to tell a story about the world as we know it. There's never been pressure that we should or shouldn't have any kind of story.

''It's in our interests to keep the accent of the show current. It would be stupid to cast Anglo characters only. It's not a numbers game, it's about remaining in line with contemporary reality that has been put through our perspective."

Neighbours has previously faced criticism for a lack of ethnic diversity in casting choices, and Home and Away star Jay Laga'aia recently accused his show of racism in casting.

However, Jasek said that changes - driven by storytelling requirements - are taking place on Neighbours.

A family of Indian and Sri Lankan heritage recently moved into Ramsay Street, and there are guest roles played by actors of Chinese, Greek, African and Thai descent.

Perdita
20-03-2012, 05:36
Neighbours actor Stefan Dennis has revealed that he is "thrilled" that co-star James Mason has been nominated for a Logie Award.

The long-running cast member, who plays Paul Robinson in the Aussie soap, joked that the only downside to Mason receiving the nod for 'Most Popular New Talent' might mean that the 22-year-old is not scared of him anymore.

Dennis told Channel 5: "'He may be 'Freckles' to Paul; however, I'm thrilled for James and it's well-deserved recognition for the hard work he has put in. However, nothing is going to change on set; I still want him to be afraid of me."

Mason said that he is "very grateful to everyone who voted" for him, adding: "Mum has been a bit like a campaign manager and I seriously thought she was going to hurt herself when she found out. The whole family are rapt and as I keep saying, just to be nominated is fantastic."

The actor made his Neighbours debut in 2010 but only became a cast regular last year. His alter ego Chris Pappas is the soap's first regular gay character.

Other nominees in the 'Most Popular New Talent' category at the Logies include Dan Ewing and Steve Peacocke from Home and Away, Winners and Losers star Tom Wren and Peter Kuruvita.

The Logie Awards take place on April 15.

Perdita
17-04-2012, 21:59
Former Neighbours actor Guy Pearce has joked that the Australian soap's character Mrs Mangel was more terrifying than any aliens in Prometheus.

Pearce, who played Mike Young on the show between 1986 and 1989, laughed and replied "never" when asked whether encountering interfering Erinsborough resident Nell Mangel could ever match any encounters with aliens experienced by his character Peter Weyland during the forthcoming Ridley Scott movie.

"Funnily enough, the actress who played Mrs Mangel - Vivean Gray - was the most sweet and delightful lady you could ever come across," added the Lockout star. "So it was an amazing testament to her acting ability that she played one of the most harrowing characters on Australian television."

Gray left Neighbours in late 1988 - following repeated abuse from members of the public who associated her with the divisive Mrs Mangel - and reportedly resides in England.

alan45
04-06-2012, 17:28
Neighbours star Ben Barber has revealed that his character Rhys may finally get together with Vanessa (Alin Sumarwata).

Medic Rhys has been attracted to Vanessa since she arrived on Ramsay Street, and Barber explained that the pair will soon share a kiss.

"As Rhys loves to make the first move, he goes in for the kiss," he told TV Week.

Vanessa is currently pregnant with Lucas's (Scott Major) baby, which Barber explained has not put Rhys off her.

"Rhys is attracted to Vanessa because of her fire and passion. She also doesn't play games and she says what she thinks.

"Rhys loves that about Vanessa and sees her as someone he can trust, which is rare for him."

When asked if he could handle the pregnancy situation in real life, Barber added: "I would be conflicted, definitely.

"But if it was the right girl, I'm sure you could make it work."

N.Fan
09-06-2012, 16:13
I can't really see it working with Rhys and Vanessa,especially with her being pregnant with Lucas's kid.

Perdita
02-07-2012, 15:15
Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has reaffirmed his plans to focus on a full-time career as a pilot in the future.

The actor, who plays Ramsay Street favourite Jarrod 'Toadfish' Rebecchi, took on pilot training some time ago and is now aiming to fly commercial planes.

Speaking on This Morning today (July 2), Moloney confirmed that flying has always been his biggest career ambition.

Moloney explained: "I do have my pilot's licence, I'm going for my commercial licence now."

Asked whether he will one day bid farewell to his TV career in favour of joining an airline, he replied: "Yeah, eventually. That's the aim. Yeah - I wanted to be a pilot beforehand."

However, Moloney also assured fans that they should not expect an imminent exit storyline for Toadie.

He said: "Look, Neighbours is one of those jobs - it's one of the best jobs in the world. I turn up, I muck around and I have a great time. I work with awesome people. The lady that I'm working with at the moment, Eve [Morey], is just fantastic and I don't want to be anywhere else at the moment.

"In terms of the flying, it's just one of those things that's going to chip away and then when the time's right, I'm going to be ready."

Pressed on how long that may take, he replied: "Probably about another year and a half before I'm qualified for commercial."

Toadie is currently at the centre of a big storyline on Neighbours with bad boy Troy Miller back in town.

tammyy2j
25-07-2012, 15:59
Margot Robbie is currently in talks to join THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. If she signs on Robbie will play the role of Nadine, the wife of Jordan Belfort, the title character being played by Leonardo DiCaprio.

The story is based on Belfort's memoir focusing on his days as, "a Long Island penny stock broker who served 20 months in prison for participating in a massive 1990s securities fraud that involved widespread corruption on Wall Street and in the corporate banking world, including mob infiltration. Belfort -- who lived large, owned a yacht that sank off the coast of Sardinia and became an alcoholic and drug addict."

Filming will being in August.

Perdita
01-08-2012, 07:04
Neighbours legends Jackie Woodburne and Stefan Dennis have revealed that they have heated arguments on set.

The Susan Kennedy and Paul Robinson performers said that they "clash" over politics, though neither actor disclosed any information about their views.

Dennis joked: "Just never talk politics with Jackie. If there is one subject she will fire up about, it's that one."

Woodburne retorted: "That's absolutely what we clash about in real life, but in a fun, energetic and no-hard-feelings kind of way."

She added of the pair's relationship on set: "We both love chocolate and will regularly bring for each other a sample of something we've found new and munch away in the green room critiquing our latest high-calorie discovery."

The Ramsay Street stalwart also refused to rule out a potential romance between Susan and devious Paul, adding: "Never say never!

"I think they'd probably have to be trapped in a bomb shelter or something, though - then we might see some action, otherwise I doubt it!"

Perdita
01-08-2012, 07:04
Neighbours legends Jackie Woodburne and Stefan Dennis have revealed that they have heated arguments on set.

The Susan Kennedy and Paul Robinson performers said that they "clash" over politics, though neither actor disclosed any information about their views.

Dennis joked: "Just never talk politics with Jackie. If there is one subject she will fire up about, it's that one."

Woodburne retorted: "That's absolutely what we clash about in real life, but in a fun, energetic and no-hard-feelings kind of way."

She added of the pair's relationship on set: "We both love chocolate and will regularly bring for each other a sample of something we've found new and munch away in the green room critiquing our latest high-calorie discovery."

The Ramsay Street stalwart also refused to rule out a potential romance between Susan and devious Paul, adding: "Never say never!

"I think they'd probably have to be trapped in a bomb shelter or something, though - then we might see some action, otherwise I doubt it!"

Perdita
30-08-2012, 22:20
Liz Hurley has revealed that her son Damian is to make an appearance in an upcoming Neighbours episode.

The 47-year-old actress is currently staying in Melbourne, where Neighbours is filmed, with her Australian cricketer fiancé Shane Warne, after the pair became engaged last year.

Tweeting to her 333,000 followers, Hurley wrote: "My son totally overexcited as he's visiting the Neighbours set today."

Hours later, she followed up with the tweet: "My son in heaven-he got to be an extra in Neighbours today."

In reply, Alan Fletcher, who plays Karl Kennedy on the soap, tweeted: "@ElizabethHurley your son was terrific on the @neighbours set today. He seemed to have a great time. What a charming lad he is."

The Austin Powers star has previously revealed that 10-year-old Damian wants to become an actor, and is "begging her" to find him an agent.

Perdita
02-09-2012, 13:48
Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has admitted that he finds watching old episodes of the soap embarrassing because of his character's haircut.

The 32-year-old, who has played Jared 'Toadfish' Rebecchi (Toadie) for nearly 18 years, told MSN that he hated his character's signature hairstyle.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/35/618x691/soaps_neighbours_toadie_1994.jpg
© Neil Genower / Rex Features

"It's a little embarrassing when you look back at those photos and go, 'Wow, what was I thinking?'" he explained.

"I think it was the worst haircut in the world, it looked like I had a dead rat hanging out the back of my head.

"Unfortunately the producers made me keep it for a number of years. It was quite hard being an 18-year-old guy with that kind of thing hanging on your head."

Viewers eventually saw Toadie's ponytail being chopped off in public by Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver) in an episode that aired in 1999.

Moloney joked that recording the scene was the high point of his career.

"It was the most fantastic moment of my Neighbours life," he said. "It's gotta be the most freeing part of the whole thing.

"They auctioned it off for a charity. Someone in England got it."

When asked about his character's future, Moloney said that he would like Toadie's storylines to mirror his own ambitions.

"I'd like to see him take up flying and that way Neighbours can pay for my flying lessons, that would be brilliant," he quipped. "I'm going for my commercial license. It's a little pricey so it'd be nice if Toadie did the same thing."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

N.Fan
04-09-2012, 15:51
Not only did Toadie have a rediculous hair style,but he was also a lot heavier than he is just now.

Perdita
14-09-2012, 15:39
Alan Fletcher is set to return to the UK for a gig to raise awareness for his fundraising initiative Blue September.

Originating in New Zealand in 2008, Blue September aims to encourage men and their families to ''face up" to the varieties of cancer that afflict men.

The campaign is also celebrated in Australia and the USA, and launched last year in the UK and Ireland.

Channel 5 reports Fletcher is set to play a gig at Shepherd's Bush Walkabout on September 27 in promotion of the cause, with all profits going to Blue September UK.

Fletcher will be supported on the date by London-based wedding and party band Lucas.

The first 100 RSVPs on Facebook or via email for the event will also be offered an opportunity to meet and greet with Fletcher after the show.

The popular actor tours the UK with his band The Waiting Room each year, and has claimed that interactions with UK Neighbours fans have been "some of the happiest of my life".

N.Fan
14-09-2012, 16:46
It good to see an actor getting involved with something that will benifit other people.

Caspiant
26-09-2012, 16:41
Alan Fletcher was a guest on The Alan Titchmarsh Show today ( Wed ),discussing his charity work and his music.

Perdita
28-09-2012, 09:36
Russell Brand has laid out his intention to seduce one of the stars of Neighbours. :rolleyes:

The Rock of Ages actor, who is currently on a visit to Australia, is apparently considering the possibility of detouring to Melbourne where the Ramsay Street soap is filmed.

"I need to get on to the set of Neighbours to see if there are any young lovelies in the cast I should try and woo," Brand is quoted as saying by The Sun.

Brand, who split with wife Katy Perry last year, started a brief fling with Geri Halliwell last month.

Their relationship though is only said to have lasted 13 days, after the comedian was spotted with other women.

The 37-year-old recently appeared on Australian TV show 60 Minutes, where he spoke of the "incompatibility" of his marriage to Perry.

Perdita
24-01-2013, 12:40
A private house used for fictional Neighbours cul-de-sac Ramsay Street has been put up for sale.

Still used to shoot exterior scenes, it is the first time a property on Pin Oak Court has been offered on public sale since 1999.

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/i2.cdnds.net/13/04/618x436/soaps-neighbours-30-ramsay-street.jpg
© Rex Features / Carmelo Bazzano/Newspix

The house doubles up as 30 Ramsay Street, currently the home of residents Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney).

Owner Faye Pierce, who is downsizing from the four-bedroom she built with her husband in 1973, spoke of how she was initially asked about her home being used for the soap opera.

"We got a knock at the door from Grundys to say they were thinking of filming in our court," she told the Channel 5 website. "We all thought it was a bit of fun."

Pierce also recalled a moment when Kylie Minogue used her house to make a phone call, admitting she did not trust the then soap actress.

"I said to my daughter, 'Just go in with her - you don't know who she is'," she explained.

3 Pin Oak Court is set to go under the hammer on March 2.

Perdita
18-02-2013, 07:03
Neighbours bosses have today (February 18) launched a search to find a new solo singer for the soap's iconic theme tune.

Fans in the UK and Australia are being invited to take part in an Ashes-style contest titled 'Neighbours Remixed', which will see the theme music get a revamp later this year.

Participants will enter by recording and uploading their own voice singing the newly-updated Neighbours theme.

Five finalists from the UK will later be shortlisted and then viewers will be asked to pick a winning representative, who will fly to Melbourne and face a head-to-head sing-off with the successful Australian representative.

The overall winner will become the vocalist on a remixed version of the Neighbours theme tune, which will air on the opening credits around the world from April 15.

Greg Barnett, Channel 5's Commissioning Editor for Entertainment, Daytime and Soaps, commented: "We've beaten the Aussies in the last two cricket meetings, so I'm confident a UK soloist can be crowned the voice of the new Neighbours theme.

"We're using Soundcloud as our mode of entry, so it's super-accessible and the prize is absolutely fantastic. The UK has an amazing pool of talent so I'm truly confident this is a prize we can win."

All five UK finalists will hear their recordings of the Neighbours theme played over the show's opening titles on Channel 5 during the week of March 18.

Once all five have been broadcast, viewers will be invited to vote for their favourite in an online poll, and the winning choice will head down under for a sing-off against the Australian contender.

The minimum age for entry is 18 and the closing date for entries is midday on Friday, March 1. Full details on how to enter can be found on the 'Neighbours Remixed' website.

Perdita
08-03-2013, 18:11
Neighbours' producer has insisted that the soap will survive, despite falling ratings in Australia.

Concerns have been raised over the future of Australia's longest-running soap since its move from Channel Ten to digital station Channel Eleven led to a drop in ratings, with recent episodes pulling in around 250,000 viewers.

However, executive producer Richard Jasek stated that there is more to the soap's success than ratings alone.

"Neighbours is more than a numbers game. The fact it has survived as long as it has with numbers that aren't as big as they were once, shows its appeal in other ways," he said.

"If Channel Seven had Neighbours and it was rating 300,000 they wouldn't keep it on."

Jasek also stated that the soap has been aired in more than 65 countries.

"The show has a financial logic to it because it has strong overseas sales as well." he added.

"The ratings in Australia aren't the only story as we sell very well overseas. Putting together all of that, the show has a huge viewership around the world.

"We just had a sale to Denmark so it is going to rolling out in Scandinavia now."

Jasek also confirmed that Neighbours will be around for at least another two years to mark its 30th anniversary.

"We generally hooked up for a good year in advance," he said.

"We are definitely going to be here in two years' time and we are going to be doing some very special things for our 30th."

Neighbours producers have recently revealed new sets for the Australian soap which are part of an AU$1 million (£682,931) revamp on the show.

Perdita
12-03-2013, 09:15
Nieghbours star Menik Gooneratne has revealed that she is pregnant with her first child.

The married actress, who plays Erinsborough High principal Priya Kapoor, posted a picture of her baby bump on Twitter last night (March 11) after her happy news was reported in the Australian media.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/11/618x623/soaps-neighbours-menik-gooneratne-baby-bump.jpg
Menik Gooneratne reveals her baby bump on Twitter

Gooneratne quipped: "A little side project I've been working on. Very excited and more than a wee bit scared about this new role!"

Nicola Charles, who filmed a return stint as Sarah Beaumont late last year, was among the first to congratulate the mum-to-be.

Charles enthused: "If that's what I think it is? Congratulations!!! You will shine! X"

Gooneratne replied: "Thanks lovely!"

The soap star, who was born in London before settling in Melbourne with her family, tied the knot with her partner in late 2011.

Perdita
13-03-2013, 11:37
Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has claimed that the long-running Australian soap had gone off the rails.

The Paul Robinson actor admitted that he found some of his character's storylines 'ridiculous' when he first returned to the show.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Dennis said: "When I came back into the show, the way Paul's stories continued, just got more and more ridiculous.

"In any other show they probably would have worked, but when you realise it's a show about suburban Australia - it got a bit big. It got a little caricatured.

"Paul's got away with grand arson and murder."

Dennis stated that despite some of Paul's unrealistic storylines, his wife would like him to stick with the soap for the foreseeable future.

"I have a running gag with my wife because she's quite happy for me to die (still doing) the show," he said.

"The greater the longevity for me and my character, the happier she'll be."

Neighbours producers have recently revealed new sets for the Australian soap which are part of an AU$1 million (£682,931) revamp on the show.

Perdita
15-04-2013, 18:38
Christopher Milligan has spoken about his romance with co-star Jenna Rosenow for the first time.

The Ramsay Street pair have made no secret of their relationship on Twitter and Instagram in recent weeks, but have never publicly discussed their personal lives until now.

Speaking to TV Week, Milligan revealed that he has been dating Rosenow for the past five months.

The couple met for the first time late last year, when Rosenow, 22, joined the cast of Neighbours as Amber Turner.

Milligan, who plays Kyle Canning, explained: "She began in October and we started seeing each other in November.

"We went to Vanuatu together last week. It's all going really well."

Milligan, 25, has been part of the Neighbours cast on and off since 2008.

Perdita
25-06-2013, 10:15
Neighbours star Tom Oliver has celebrated his 25th year on the soap.

Oliver, who plays Ramsay Street's Lou Carpenter, marked the milestone by celebrating with colleagues, including Ian Smith, who played Lou's best friend Harold Bishop.

Oliver is also celebrating his 50th year in the television industry.

A behind-the-scenes video sees Ian Smith return to the set and give a speech on Oliver's achievements.

Watch the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=poDC_bei7AU

Perdita
04-10-2013, 10:23
Neighbours bosses have released the latest version of the show's opening credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4IcO9QU20WI
Fans will notice that the latest credits do not feature the Kapoor family anymore or Lucas and Vanessa. UK viewers will see the couple leave Ramsay Street over the coming weeks.

Another notable change is that the theme tune has been tweaked slightly, sounding different to the previous version.

The new credits will debut on Monday, October 7 in Australia and at the start of November in the UK.

Perdita
24-03-2014, 08:48
Ramsay Street residents will contend with zombies as part of a new web series for Neighbours.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/52/618x348/soaps-neighbours.jpg

Neighbours opening titles sequence, for the 25th anniversary of the Aussie soap.

The Skip Ahead programme will give five popular YouTube channel artists funding and production resources for their work, The Age reports.

One recipient, Louna Maroun, will team up with FremantleMedia to devise five-parts to the Neighbours zombie web series.

''It's just poking fun,'' she said. ''It will be really tongue in cheek. It won't freak everyone out. I'm hoping to see a lot of comedy, as that's what I do best.''

Maroun was enlisted by FremantleMedia after the production company discovered the artist's YouTube channel that consists of Frankenweenie spoofs and Halloween specials.

Filming on the Neighbours web series is due to begin in a few months.

Perdita
05-01-2015, 11:44
Neighbours bosses have released a video which reveals the show's new opening titles and theme music.

The soap's on-screen branding has been given a refresh for 2015, including a new logo which is inspired by the original Neighbours logo from 1985.

Hit play below to see the show's new look in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJ5dWuKYfs

The titles, which were first teased in pictures released last month, pan across a variety of scenes around Erinsborough featuring the regular characters.

Cast and character names are now credited on screen, while the sequence concludes with a look at Ramsay Street from above.

The changes have been brought in to help celebrate Neighbours' 30th anniversary.

Show chiefs have promised that 2015 will be the programme's "biggest year ever" with some dramatic storylines planned and the return of popular faces from the past.

AnnaGoGo
15-01-2015, 01:58
Have you seen this? Ramsay St does Thriller! It has Morgana O'Reilly in it who plays Naomi Canning. What do you think?

http://vimeo.com/116576898

AnnaGoGo
15-01-2015, 02:00
I've been loving the webisodes! Did you see this Ramsay St zombie invasion?

AnnaGoGo
15-01-2015, 02:00
I've been loving the webisodes! Did you see this Ramsay St zombie invasion?

Perdita
30-01-2015, 12:57
Neighbours star Stefan Dennis is preparing to shave his head next week, in order to raise money for charity.

The actor, who plays Paul Robinson in the Australian soap, is aiming to raise money for The Australian Childhood Foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaoPffiOAP8

The Australian Childhood Foundation is an independent not-for-profit organisation that supports children and families affected by abuse, family violence and neglect.

Dennis, who is an ambassador for the charity, said:"To me, it's inconceivable that 40,500 children cannot sleep in their own beds each night in Australia, because it isn't safe for them to do so. The trauma from abuse damages children to their very core and they need specialised help to recover.

"I have been a proud ambassador of the Foundation for years, and I'm shaving my head to raise funds to help them continue their vital work with our most vulnerable, precious children. I hope you'll lend your own support by donating generously."

Dennis's fundraising page can be reached here.

More information about The Australian Childhood Foundation's work can be found on the organisation's website.

Perdita
23-03-2015, 22:51
Jackie Trent, who wrote the famous theme song to Australian soap Neighbours, has died at the age of 74.

The British singer-songwriter died in hospital in Menorca on Saturday (March 21) after a long illness, reports BBC News.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/12/618x431/showbiz-jackie-trent-2.jpg
Singer And Actress Jackie Trent
© Mark Large / Associated Newspapers /REX

Born Yvonne Burgess, Trent began singing as a child and performed in British Legion and working men's clubs and for troops across Europe.

She topped the UK singles chart in May 1965 with 'Where Are You Now (My Love)' and then started collaborating with Tony Hatch.

The pair wrote more than 400 songs together, having worked with the likes of Frank Sinatra, Shirley Bassey, Des O'Connor, Nancy Wilson, Jack Jones and Dean Martin.

They later married, and while based in Australia in the early 1980s, the couple composed the theme to Neighbours. They separated in 1995.

Trent is survived by her second husband Colin Gregory, whom she married in 2005, and her children Michelle and Darren.

RIP Jackie

binky321
17-12-2015, 21:44
'We've filmed a massive storyline which will rival the fire!' reveals Neighbours' Alan Fletcher

As Neighbours take a break, and leaves us hanging with loads of Christmas cliffhangers, Alan Fletcher, who has played Dr Karl Kennedy for over 20 years, popped over to the UK to give us a sneak preview of what's happening in Erinsborough in 2016.

"We've been filming a massive storyline which will rival the fire at Erinsborough High," revealed Alan. "It's incredibly emotional. It's a series of episodes which deal with having to make an agonising choice. I think the audience will love that and really relate. It should air around March."

And when Neighbours returns in the New Year, for the first time ever, episodes will air on the same day in both Australia and the UK.

"It's the most fantastic thing to happen," said Alan. "Now we can involve fans in both countries simultaneously on social media, it takes all the spoilers out of it and we're really excited about it."

What's on TV http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/neighbours/news/weve-filmed-a-massive-storyline-which-will-rival-the-fire-reveals-neighbours-alan-fletcher-video#emq7YrUp0gYobuDD.99

Perdita
29-12-2015, 13:02
Congratulations to Matt Wilson, who is engaged to his girlfriend Sharn Norman.

The actor, who plays Aaron Brennan on Neighbours, announced the news earlier today (December 29) via Instagram.

Matt uploaded a picture of the pair on the golf course to Instagram, writing: "Putt Putt can make or break a relationship so I PROPOSED we ENGAGE in fair play for the rest of our lives.#dowhatbeyoncesays".

Later, Sharn added the same picture, writing: "Dear Future Husband, for the record I let you win so I could keep the ring."

Neighbours introduced gay male stripper Aaron in memorable fashion earlier this year, when he turned up as the entertainment booked at Sheila Canning's racy bingo night.​

Pantherboy
22-01-2016, 21:31
This is a link to an article on the Daily Telegraph website today:

What do former child stars of Neighbours look like now?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/what-do-former-child-stars-of-neighbours-look-like-now/news-story/b38b9e6730e3badd99deee16aa338f3f

Dazzle
03-02-2016, 17:55
The newest Neighbours opening titles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuL12EfFVRA

Paul and Terese, Lauren and Brad, and Imogen and Daniel are all looking very cosy.

I think these titles will start being used in the next few weeks, possibly as early as next Monday.

Pantherboy
06-02-2016, 21:38
An article in The Sunday Telegraph for those long term fans of Neighbours - the Annie Jones (Jane, Jane "Superbrain"), Guy Pearce, Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan era.
(Further down the page there is a small article/picture of the character Paige & her Mum. And even further down, there is a picture of Rebecca Breeds, who used to be in Home and Away, & will be in the telemovie Molly)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/guy-pearces-irish-luck-helps-neighbours-love-annie-jones-back-into-spotlight/news-story/f232e30a8678fd2f5cbed1b3d667b95e

Guy Pearce’s Irish luck helps Neighbours love Annie Jones back into spotlight

FORMER Neighbours favourite Annie Jones has revealed the sad reason behind her small screen absence in the past 15 years — putting her career aside to care for her mother, Elizabeth who passed away from Alzheimer’s disease last month.

The 48-year-old, who had a chance at the same global stardom of her Ramsay Street castmates Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and on-screen boyfriend Guy Pearce, has no regrets about choosing family over fame.

She only half-joked she was “hoping to do a Jackie Weaver and come good in my 50s,” after her beloved mum died “on the same day David Bowie did.”

“It’s a very weird thing when someone is so sick with Alzheimer’s,” Jones told TV Insider, “it feels like she actually died years and years ago. It’s the longest goodbye.”

Staying good pals with Pearce over the years has now provided her with a career lifeline, filming a cameo in the new season of his returning ABC drama series, Jack Irish.

“We have kept in touch and whenever he’s in Melbourne we would catch up again. I’ve always been a fan of Guy’s of course, but (Jack Irish) was really good fun.”
While their working reunion may be fleeting, the small role is a surprising shift for the one-time “Jane, Jane ‘superbrain’ Harris” and would have left Mrs Mangel, her TV grandmother clutching at her pearls.

“Judy is an ex ballet dancer who now runs a gentlemens’ club...you know, a very respectable one,” Jones explained. “She mentors or teaches the girls the fine art of pole dancing. It was such a hoot.”

While caring for her mum, Jones had been limited to taking acting work in short stints on productions in and around Melbourne only (she has another guest part in the next series of Seven’s Winners & Losers).
“Now that mum has passed on to a better place,” Jones said, “I’m kind of excited about the prospect of relaunching myself.”

She added the Oscar-nominated Weaver “is a great woman to aspire to in my sort of mature times and maybe a bit more work will now come my way. I’m really hoping that will happen. I’m ready and have no other commitments and as keen as mustard to work hard.”

Last year’s 30th anniversary of Neighbours gave Jones a thrill, a cherished walk down memory lane for the actor first cast in the Ten soap back in 1986 at the age of just 19.

“I caught up with the old crew from back then. Fiona Corke, who played Gail (Robinson), we are thick as thieves, really good friends, but just seeing Stefan (Dennis) again, it was lovely.”

* Jack Irish airs 8.30pm Thursday on ABC

Pantherboy
07-03-2016, 21:50
Article on msn.com "Neighbours' star Tim Phillipps (Daniel) engaged"

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/neighbours-star-tim-phillipps-engaged/ar-BBqs10D?ocid=spartandhp

Pantherboy
17-03-2016, 07:21
Article on former Neighbours star Natalie Blair expecting her first child with co-star & husband David Hoflin (who also starred in Neighbours):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3496358/Former-Neighbours-star-Natalie-Blair-Hoflin-flaunts-burgeoning-belly-enjoys-second-trimester-pregnancy.html

Dazzle
17-03-2016, 12:53
Article on former Neighbours star Natalie Blair expecting her first child with co-star & husband David Hoflin (who also starred in Neighbours)

Congratulations to the couple. They've been together for a long time now.

binky321
27-03-2016, 01:22
Travis Burns (Tyler) and his girl friend Emma lane who was recently a guest character as Courtney have gotten engaged Congratulations to them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDbsA1ppdcy/?taken-by=mrtravisburns

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDbsA4olwVR/?taken-by=emmavictorialane

eni294
10-04-2016, 18:38
Former Neighbours Kylie Minogue and Guy Pearce reunite for new*film

They were Neighbours who became good friends and now Kylie Minogue and Guy Pearce are teaming up again for the first time in nearly 30 years for a new movie.

Yep, the former Neighbours stars will feature in a new film, Flammable Children, a drama set in Australia during the sexual revolution of 1975.

‘Australia is in constitutional crisis; and in a sleepy beachside suburb, an extraordinary event will set in motion a crucial, comical and revelatory week for a teenage boy and girl,’ reads the film’s synopsis from Screen Australia.

‘Something is about to go spectacularly wrong, and their lives will change forever.’

We’re going to assume the pair are not playing the teenagers, but their parents.

The pair starred in the iconic Aussie soap as best friends Charlene Mitchell and Mike Young;*Mike was Scott Robinson’s best man at his wedding to Charlene.

They reunited in 2015 for the 30th anniversary of the soap, with an episode called*Neighbours: The Stars Reunite show.

‘I love Charlene’s first scene, where she tried to break into a house,’ said Kylie.

‘She was a tomboy, it was a perfect first scene.

’Golden-Globe nominee Guy Pearce admitted that he had only signed on to the show for two weeks before they lengthened his contract. ‘I had never shot anything yet, and within two weeks they said ‘how about a year?’ I thought “wow!”.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/08/former-neighbours-kylie-mingoue-and-guy-pearce-reunite-for-new-film-5803618/

eni294
11-04-2016, 03:59
Neighbours' Matt Wilson never wanted to be an actor.

The 27-year-old hunk - who portrays gay stripper Aaron Brennan in the Australian soap - has admitted he never set out to have a career in acting and was initially planning to keep up the talent as a hobby alongside his carpentry.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, he said: "I'd been acting for a while, for maybe five years, but only as a hobby. I'd never been like, 'OK this is my career path, I want to be an actor.' I never had aspirations to get a gig on 'Neighbours'. I said in my mind that for the rest of my life that I'm going to do film productions as much as I possibly can."

But, when the handsome star got the call for the popular programme, he knew he had to ditch his building job, despite spending seven years training for his licence.

He explained: "At the time, I was working towards getting my builder's licence, which takes seven years and I was in my seventh year. I had the application in my hand when I got the call. I was doing really well...

"I won't be modest - I was probably the best out of anyone that we were working among and then I quit it to something where I was a first year apprentice again."

http://www.sundayworld.com/style/showbiz/neighbours-matt-wilson-never-wanted-to-be-an-actor

eni294
12-04-2016, 10:29
Neighbours boss responds to claims that Holly Valance would return: "There's always room for her"

"Neighbours is about reuniting families".

Neighbours fans could be closer to seeing an exciting family reunion on screen as producer Jason Herbison has revealed that there is always room for Holly Valance to return.

Herbison was responding to the claims made by Holly's sister Olympia, who plays Paige Smith in the Aussie soap."There's always room for Holly to make a guest visit", Herbison told TV Week. "Neighbours is about reuniting families."

"What a coup it would be to have the Scully and Valance sisters on Ramsay Street," he said.

Holly played Felicity 'Flick' Scully on the show from 1999-2002, but left to pursue a pop career. Her on screen sister Steph made a full time return last year, while their mother Lyn has also recently returned.

Speaking about a possible return for Holly, Olympia said recently: "Holly isn't completely against doing it. "Our characters aren't related in any way, but Steph Scully is on the show. Who knows, it could happen."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a790161/neighbours-boss-responds-to-claims-that-holly-valance-would-return-theres-always-room-for-her/

eni294
14-04-2016, 23:30
Pam Willis arrives in Erinsborough

We chat to Sue Jones about returning to Neighbours after the death of her on screen husband Doug

What’s it like being back on the Neighbours set after all these years?

It’s wonderful actually because I was here for a couple of weeks last year but I was a little nervous. I don’t know why I was nervous, I guess it was just coming back from all that time away from the show. This time however, I’ve found I’ve been able to relax and enjoy it.

How’s it been acting with the recast Brad - Kip Gamblin?

Kip is fabulous, he just has so much energy, humour and humanity that I think comes across on screen. He’s just been a joy to work with! It’s been such a long time from when Brad was last on screen, Brad really could’ve evolved into any sort of human being in many ways. The fact that Brad was initially a bit of a surfer, I’m sure Kip could’ve been that boy as a young man.

How does Pam feel about coming back under these circumstances, was it a challenging storyline?

It’s a double death so it’s tricky for Pam, she’s trying to fill in the gaps of where she was away. I’m sure there’s been more contact with the grandchildren than what we’ve seen on screen, I’m sure they’ve come up to Darwin to visit. it was a shock to Pam to hear of both deaths, it’s a very difficult situation for both the parents and siblings. In terms of the storyline, in many ways it doesn’t matter what the storylines are they’re all difficult. Even if it’s the most simple storyline it can be challenging because everything is done so quickly. When there’s a death involved it just brings up your own personal emotions which has its difficulty but also its rewards because they’re really meaty storylines. When you’re just popping in for a minute you can handle the meaty storylines, when you’re at Neighbours for a long time it’s nice to have a break from that!

You appeared in Neighbours during the 90's, do people still recognise you as Pam Willis?

Not a week goes by where someone from the general public doesn’t bring it up, 20 years later. I don’t know whether that’s something to do with repeats being on but I’m always amazed. It’s also flattering, I think to myself I mustn’t have aged that much!

How has Neighbours changed since you started on the show?

Apart from the cast, of which is entirely different - the only person who was here when I was here last is Lou (Tom Oliver) and he’s away at the moment! But everyone’s been incredibly welcoming and what has been good is to see that a lot of the crew are still the same. On a technical level what I’ve found is nice coming back is that the director now sits on the floor of the studio which makes it a lot easier to communicate with each other. Previously the director used to be upstairs in a booth and it used to be a bit of a disembodied voice heard down in the studio.

What’s been your highlight from your time on Neighbours?

I don’t necessarily think I have a single highlight. I think the highlight of the job for me has been the ability to do it everyday, to keep ‘oiled’ which is so important for an actor. There aren’t many jobs where you’re just doing it everyday every week so much so that it becomes second nature and the fear dissipates a little bit. I haven’t done anything as long as Neighbours since so there’s a wonderful sense of relaxation that comes after a while that you can just do it - cry now, laugh now - all those things that you’re able to wrap your mind around when it’s on going. You begin to feel more comfortable with the character, cast and crew. Whoever is playing your family really begins to feel like your real family because you spend so much time with them.

Are you still in touch with any of your former co-stars?

I do see a few people yes on a regular and irregular basis.

So as well as acting, you’ve directed theatre. How did you get into that field?

It was an accident that I started directing, they were two plays that were in a very small theatre at La Mama in Carlton. Though I’m not sure I’d be able to coralle a big cast I did enjoy it when I tried it. Having the opportunity to direct helps you as an actor as you start to understand the problems of a director.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-eleven/neighbours/show-news/pam-willis-arrives-in-erinsborough

Pantherboy
19-04-2016, 00:26
Some more nostalgia. An article in the DailyMail: "Everybody needs good Neighbours! As Kylie Minogue celebrates 30 years since her first appearance on the long running soap....what became of her co-stars?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3544466/As-Kylie-Minogue-celebrates-30-years-appearance-long-running-soap-stars.html

eni294
20-04-2016, 22:35
'Neighbours’ Memories - Why My Future Wedding Will Be Like Scott and Charlene’s

These days if a soap wants to pull in big ratings they have to go all out with a big disaster. Neighbours did exactly that two weeks ago, blowing up Lassiters and killing off Josh Willis with a pole through his lung and Doug Willis with a bump to the head during Hotel Death Trap Week. However, back in the eighties, television was quite different and it was a simple uneventful wedding between two childhood sweethearts that pulled in a blockbuster 20 million viewers in the UK for Neighbours. It all began 30 years ago on April 17 1986, when feisty tomboy Charlene Mitchell (Kylie Minogue) made her dramatic entrance on Neighbours, punching future husband Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) after being mistaken for a burglar. From that moment on, the whole nation was hooked on their romantic rollercoaster, right up until they decided to get married.

With 20 million people watching, it felt like everyone was talking about the wedding of Scott and Charlene and my family and I were no exception. The wedding was a prestigious affair in my household with all of us glued to the screens in silence as Charlene walked down the aisle in that giant lacy dress looking like a knitted doll you’d find on top of a toilet roll.

Scott and Charlene’s wedding attracted 20 million viewers in the UK.

I was mesmerised watching my two idols marry in a fantasy fairytale ceremony, but one awkward moment had me hiding behind my cushion in sheer embarrassment. The kiss. Milliseconds after being declared husband and wife, Scott and Charlene began devouring each other like two hungry lions pulling apart their latest kill. Even watching it now I have to look away when it comes to that moment, hoping that a disapproving Mrs Mangel will throw a bucket of cold water over the hot and steamy newlyweds. The wedding is such a big part of my childhood that it will almost certainly have influence over my future wedding. The wedding’s theme song ‘Suddenly’ by Angry Anderson, the song that has those that know it lip-synching and air-grabbing for their lives, is non-negotiable for the ceremony. I also love the idea of having a reception back at home with a huge buffet surrounded by family, friends and neighbours (if I knew any of them of course). However, I won’t go as far as growing a mullet and wearing a taffeta dress, I do have some restraint. With the finer details planned, I just need to find that elusive someone to get married to...Nearly thirty years on, what do the kids of today think of the wedding? Will they be using it as inspiration for their own weddings far off into the future? Well that’s what Ricky Boleto from CBBC’s Newsround set-out to discover and it was the ‘shaggy’ hairstyles that came under fire. The critical 10-year-olds threw shade at the episode with comments like, ‘At a wedding nowadays you wouldn’t have your hair that messy’ and ‘did they have barbers in those days?'

’Clearly these kids haven’t been to East London recently. And if fashion trends continue to be recycled like they are, they’ll all be sporting the same ‘shaggy’ hairstyles at their own weddings in twenty years time.It looks like Neighbours is also looking to the past for inspiration, as thirty years on since Charlene’s arrival, her first scene is being recycled for actress Sarah Ellen who makes her Neighbours debut this week. Sarah will play Madison Robinson, daughter of Scott and Charlene. Just like her mum she is mistaken for a burglar and ends up punching the wannabe vigilante trying to stop her. With her Neighbours journey starting out just like her mum’s, is Madison destined to find her childhood sweetheart on Ramsay Street and marry? Let’s hope it’s not exactly the same as Charlene’s story, because that would mean marrying the man she punched, her brother. But the big question is, if she does get married, will she be wearing her mum’s hand-me-down giant white lacy dress?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9722044

eni294
21-04-2016, 21:50
Neighbours stars Ariel Kaplan and Harley Bonner open up about their final days on set

Who was a mess? And would they work together again?

Neighbours stars Ariel Kaplan and Harley Bonner have discussed how they felt during their final days on set in a new behind-the-scenes video.The pair recently filmed their final scenes as twins Josh and Imogen Willis after three years on the Australian soap.

Fans saw Josh killed off in a heartbreaking episode earlier this month, while Imogen will wave goodbye to Ramsay Street next week when she heads to LA for a new life with partner Daniel Robinson.

On her final day on set, Kaplan said: "I am feeling so many emotions. I'm excited for the next chapter, I'm nervous, I'm really sad and a bit exhausted - it's been a huge day. But mostly I'm excited to see what is up next.

*However, Bonner admitted that he was so overwhelmed after filming his final scenes that he was unable to make a farewell speech.The duo - who are a couple in real life - also admitted that they don't intend to work together again, and especially not as on-screen siblings!

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a791466/neighbours-stars-ariel-kaplan-and-harley-bonner-open-up-about-their-final-days-on-set/

Dazzle
21-04-2016, 23:09
No video about Tim's final days on set? I'm guessing he wasn't in a celebratory mood unlike his co-stars. :thumbsdow

Perdita
22-04-2016, 16:50
If you've ever wondered how the Neighbours opening titles were shot, then look no further - Felix Mallard​ reveals all in this new video.

The actor, who plays Ben Kirk in the Aussie soap, has filmed a behind-the-scenes special as the cast recorded an updated version of the show's titles.

Neighbours has had quite a major cast shake-up recently, following the exits of Josh and Kyle, and the upcoming departures for Daniel and Imogen.

Therefore it's only natural that the opening sequence was refreshed to reflect this, and it turns out that more hard work goes into those shots than we thought.

Watch the video by hitting play below:

https://www.facebook.com/NeighboursOnEleven/videos/10154111311923351/​​

The video sees Mallard, who has recently returned as a show regular, filming a shot by the lake with Mavournee Hazel ​​and Lilly Van der Meer, who play Ben's friends Piper Willis and Xanthe Canning.

And as the shots are meant to look warm and happy, Van de Meer was on hand to make sure their laughter looked natural, with some very interesting jokes...

Digital Spy

eni294
22-04-2016, 20:12
Posted in a wrong place

Perdita
22-04-2016, 20:28
Posted in a wrong place

It is a Neighbours General News item ??

Perdita
22-04-2016, 20:28
Posted in a wrong place

It is a Neighbours General News item ??

eni294
27-04-2016, 16:35
Kylie Minogue channels Charlene from Neighbours with blonde curls

Kylie Minogue stepped out in London with fiancé Joshua Sasse at the weekend – and left fans wondering if they'd stepped back into the '80s. The singer showed off a new blonde perm during the outing, paying homage to her role in hit TV show Neighbours.

Fans of the 47-year-old will remember her time on Australian soapwell, when she portrayed Charlene Robinson for two years from 1986, with her character regularly sporting the tight ringlets.

Kylie Minogue stepped back into the '80s with her latest look

The Especially For You singer performed at a wedding in the Capital on Sunday night, and was later spotted dining with Joshua, 28, at The Woseley restaurant. Kylie, who quit Neighbours in favour of her blossoming music career almost 30 years ago, looked as glamorous as ever in an all-black ensemble. The pop diva opted for a black top and trousers, adding a touch of sparkle with a pair of chic diamante-studded heels, and showing off her sparkling engagement ring. Meanwhile, Joshua revealed he had gone for a new look, as he debuted his two-toned facial hair.

She shot to fame as Charlene Robinson 30 years ago

The couple, who have been dating since September, looked as loved-up as ever while enjoying a rare night off from their hectic work schedules. It's been a whirlwind few months for the pair, who revealed in February that they were engaged, announcing the happy news with a traditional advert placed in a newspaper.

It read: "The engagement is announced between Joshua, son of the late Dominic Sasse and of Mary Heele (nee Macauley), of Herefordshire, and Kylie, eldest daughter of Ronald and Carol Minogue, of Melbourne, Australia."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/hair/2016042531095/kylie-minogue-charlene-neighbours-blonde-curls/

eni294
27-04-2016, 23:34
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3561163/Jason-Donovan-reveals-Kylie-Minogue-turned-offer-join-new-tour.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

eni294
28-04-2016, 00:03
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jason-donovan-thinks-its-outrageous-7843166

eni294
28-04-2016, 00:03
http://www.sundayworld.com/style/showbiz/jason-donovan-is-outraged-by-dad-s-on-screen-death

eni294
03-05-2016, 01:11
Surprise! Former Neighbours star Caitlin Stasey beams with delight in new Instagram snaps as she celebrates 26th birthday with loved ones

She’s been in the spotlight since she was 13 years old.And now former Neighbours stars Caitlin Stasey has celebrated turning 26.

On Monday, the striking actress took to her social media sites to share a series of snaps from what appeared to be a surprise birthday party thrown by her loved ones.Scroll down for video

Surprise! Former Neighbours star Caitlin Stasey shared a series of snaps from what appeared to be a surprise 26th birthday party thrown by her loved ones on Monday

The first snap, which was simply captioned with the word ‘surprise’, shows the starlet beam with delight as she was handed a large bouquet of flowers.

She later followed the post with another picture of herself blowing some candles on a birthday cake.

Earlier on in the week, Caitlin shared a childhood throwback photograph of herself from an old school year book - taken over a decade ago.

Sweet treat: The actress later followed the post with another picture of herself blowing some candles off a birthday cake

Caitlin Stasey compares herself to Kim Kardashian

The former soap star - who is in a relationship with fellow actor Lucas Neff - is the picture of sweetness in the archive school portrait which sees her smile beautifully.

Although there's no denying Caitlin's blossomed into a beautiful young woman since then, it seems her cherubic good looks has remained.

Earlier on in the week, Caitlin shared a childhood throwback photograph of herself from an old school year book – taken over a decade ago

Meanwhile, at the start of the year, the Australian beauty strongly hinted that she had tied the knot with Raising Hope actor Lucas, 30.

In January, she posted several images which show the Chicago native carrying her over the threshold and the pair punching the pair with glee.

Their close pal, actor Echo Kellum, took to Twitter to congratulate them, writing: 'Congrats to Lucas Neff and Caitlin Stasey on their marriage! They are the cutest!!! Proud to be y'all friend!'

Caitlin and Lucus have yet to address their marriage.

TV star: The brunette beauty is best known for her role as Rachel Kinski in Neighbours, from which she starred in*2005–09""

Read more:*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3570226/Former-Neighbours-star-Caitlin-Stasey-beams-delight-new-Instagram-snaps-celebrates-26th-birthday-loved-ones.html#ixzz47Xt19mDI

eni294
07-05-2016, 05:46
No video about Tim's final days on set? I'm guessing he wasn't in a celebratory mood unlike his co-stars. :thumbsdow

You are probably right about Tim's mood. :(

But he was in a video about his final day on Neighbours. Have you seen it?

PS. Ariel was lucky to be in all 3 final video's (hers, Tim's and Harley's)

eni294
07-05-2016, 16:22
Morgana O'Reilly who played Naomi Canning and her baby girl in the short video below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFaMaCBGpE/

Perdita
07-05-2016, 18:07
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a793293/brennan-or-branning-matt-wilson-is-quizzed-over-neighbours-and-eastenders-in-this-fun-video/

​It's Neighbours v EastEnders as Matt Wilson tests his knowledge of the two soaps.

In a video posted on Twitter, the Neighbours actor – who plays Aaron Brennan – was given a series of quotes.

However, he had to work out whether they were said by a Brennan brother, or a Branning brother from EastEnders.

It’s #Neighbours VS #EastEnders! How well does @MattyWilson88 know his Brennan from his Branning?https://t.co/ucwlJsXDFS
— Neighbours (@NeighboursTV) May 6, 2016
Wilson did not do too badly, acing quotes from Mark Brennan and Jack Branning's first scenes.

Plus, he got quotes by his own character – it would have been embarrassing otherwise!

Wilson did trip on a few Branning quotes, mistaking them for Neighbours ones.

© Twitter @NeighboursTV
However, he got six out of eight overall. Not bad.

Plus, watching him say: "I'm a bonza bruv" with a cockney accent is definitely something else – judge for yourself.

Digital Spy

Pantherboy
16-05-2016, 13:09
Article in the Daily Telegraph: "Little Mix - Neighbours or Home and Away? Little Mix are keen to star in Neighbours or Home and Away":

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/little-mix-dream-of-starring-in-these-aussie-soaps/news-story/86d475f00acfbc9327a69421c15968c8

Splashy
24-05-2016, 16:38
New bloke on the show said he had buggerd up with Sonja.:hmm:

Can they even say that word pre watertent :cartman:

Dazzle
24-05-2016, 18:21

No they can't! Maybe you misheard because I'm pretty sure I'd remember that. :D

Splashy
24-05-2016, 20:29
19 mins in after the break he clearly says the word. well thats what my ears hear :angel: :D

Perdita
24-05-2016, 20:34
Most of my life things got buggered, were buggered, are buggered ... never knew it was a bad word :eek: :searchme:

Dazzle
24-05-2016, 22:26
19 mins in after the break he clearly says the word. well thats what my ears hear :angel: :D

Oops, I thought we were talking about Eastenders for some reason! I haven't watched today's Neighbours (probably won't until tomorrow), but I'll listen out for it. :D

Most of my life things got buggered, were buggered, are buggered ... never knew it was a bad word :eek: :searchme:

Wikipedia describes it better than I can:

The British English term buggery is very close in meaning to the term sodomy, often used interchangeably in law and popular speech. It may also be a specific common law offence encompassing both sodomy and bestiality.

and

The word bugger and buggery are still commonly used in modern English as a mild exclamation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buggery
So basically we're all correct! :lol:

Splashy
24-05-2016, 23:31
I remember when the Ozz soaps would always refer to a hot young buck as a spunk or spunky :ninja:

Dazzle
25-05-2016, 10:42
I remember when the Ozz soaps would always refer to a hot young buck as a spunk or spunky :ninja:

I always used to giggle at that. :D

Dazzle
25-05-2016, 21:44

I've watched this episode now and you're quite correct. :D

I guess it's considered a milder expletive in Australia?

Splashy
29-05-2016, 00:52

I just think the writers/producers/editors get bored and think, what can we get away with today :cartman:

Like any job speeling out a soap must be hard work and not what the said writer was aiming to do in life, but then some poor soul had to write Katy Prices 88th autobiograhy and some really cursed bod had to write Peter Andres :ninja:

CookieTargaryen
29-05-2016, 07:38

"Buggered" is a common term to mean either extremely tired, or messed up (as it's used in this context). It's very rarely used or associated with its actual meaning, and we even say "go to buggery" which just means get lost, you're dreaming.

CookieTargaryen
29-05-2016, 07:38

"Buggered" is a common term to mean either extremely tired, or messed up (as it's used in this context). It's very rarely used or associated with its actual meaning, and we even say "go to buggery" which just means get lost, you're dreaming.

Dazzle
29-05-2016, 12:57
Like any job speeling out a soap must be hard work and not what the said writer was aiming to do in life, but then some poor soul had to write Katy Prices 88th autobiograhy and some really cursed bod had to write Peter Andres :ninja:

Yes, there's worst writing jobs than soaps I'm sure. :D

Do you live in Australia? Bugger(ed) is considered slightly rude to most people in the UK - it's not a word I've ever heard in any of our homegrown soaps for instance - nor Home and Away come to think of it. But then I've noticed Neighbours uses "crap" when our soaps rarely if ever do. They mostly stay away from anything that could be deemed in the slightest bit controversial, except for the very occasional "bitch" and "bloody". I guess what you consider a rude word is very much depends on where you were brought up.

CookieTargaryen
29-05-2016, 20:53
Yes, and although most people are aware of the actual meaning of "buggered", that's not how it's associated. After most games of televised football they'll interview a player who says something like "tough game, I was buggered by the end" without people jumping to the wrong conclusion.

And yeah we're pretty easy-going about swearing on TV, although you won't hear anything too bad on Neighbours.

CookieTargaryen
29-05-2016, 20:53
dp

Pantherboy
14-08-2016, 04:08
Article in the Sunday Telegraph today:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/the-neighbours-stars-vying-to-be-the-next-margot-robbie/news-story/f95052a5d8e23959b70fa1d02ee249b9

The Neighbours stars vying to be the next Margot Robbie

HOORAY for Hollywood. That is the catchphrase of any young actor joining the cast of Neighbours.

When Margot Robbie traded Ramsay Street for Tinseltown and international movie stardom, she showed all the cast members of the Eleven soapie that your wildest dreams can come true.

Robbie has worked alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street, Will Smith in Focus and Alexander Skarsgard in The Legend of Tarzan.

Her current role is as crazed supervillain Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, one of the most anticipated films of 2016 with an A-list cast including Smith, Jared Leto and Viola Davis.

Olympia Valance, Mavournee Hazel and Lilly Van Der Meer know they have a role model to follow. They can dare to dream big.

Valance, who plays Paige Smith, has already signed with Roar, the US agency that represents Chris and Liam Hemsworth. The 23-year-old’s three-year contract with Neighbours runs out early next year. Speculation is rife she will leave.

“It is all a bit under wraps at the moment but we’ll see what happens,” Valance says. “Neighbours is my home at the moment and I love my job. Long term I absolutely I want to try something else in the UK or USA. That’s the dream.

“Nothing can prepare you for a big move like that and I’m a real homebody. The thought of moving away from my family and friends really frightens me but in life you’ve got to take risks. I never want to look back and regret not trying something.”

Hazel, who plays Piper Willis, has been on Neighbours for just on a year so she is busy soaking up every acting skill she possibly can. Hollywood is on the wish list and she knows that the skills she is learning on Neighbours provide the perfect launching pad.

“I’ve developed (as an actor) so much since I started on Neighbours,” Hazel says. “I’m very content being here and I want to make the most of this training ground.

“Overseas is very much a part of my future but before I give LA or England a proper go I really want to make sure I’m prepared for it.

“Margot’s work ethic (on Neighbours) was impeccable. She always arrived on set knowing her lines. Being where Margot has been I’m trying to replicate that.”

Van Der Meer has already been labelled “the next Margot Robbie”. The 16-year-old joined the show in February. Like Robbie, she was raised on the Gold Coast.

Van Der Meer plays rebellious teen Xanthe Canning who is sent to Melbourne by mum Brooke (Fifi Box) to live with her father Gary (Damien Richardson).

When Xanthe finds out her father is in jail and she is forced to live with grandmother Sheila (Colette Mann) and half-brother Kyle (Chris Milligan).

“I’d aspired to be on Neighbours so to get the role at 16 was incredible,” Van Der Meer says. “I’m not sure what the future holds. I’m happy where I am right now.

“Colette took me under her wing. I’d never been on a set before. We are very close. It has been amazing to have her help me along my way.”

Valance knows how far she has evolved as an actor since she joined Neighbours. Paige is a complex character who has had a rollercoaster life.

Adopted out as a baby, Paige arrived at Erinsborough looking for her biological parents Brad Willis (Kip Gamblin) and Lauren Carpenter (Kate Kendall).

Since then Paige has been arrested, blackmailed, involved in a stolen car ring, survived the explosion at Lassiter’s Hotel and had her heart broken by undercover cop Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor).

That has meant plenty of meaty scenes for Valance — the perfect preparation for a shot at Hollywood stardom.

“I’d love to try a supernatural character — something completely different to me or Paige,” Valance says. “I love all the Harry Potter films, Star Wars, The Hobbit, something like that.”

Neighbours, Eleven, 6.30pm weeknights

Pantherboy
07-10-2016, 01:25
Sydney Daily Telegraph article today. Bree Timmins is looking a lot different these days!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/former-neighbours-star-sianoa-smitmcphee-who-played-bree-timmins-relaunching-herself-as-pop-singer/news-story/9ff2a0d27dcf808a21ab7733fef73e54

From Neighbours cutie Bree, to pop sensation - Sianoa Smit-McPhee’s massive career relaunch

SIANOA Smit-McPhee played cherubic-faced cutie Bree Timmins on Neighbours more than a decade ago.

Now, 24, she’s relaunching herself as a pop singer, something she’s dreamt of since she was in nappies.
“I am at the age where 100 per cent I am diving into it,” Smit-Mcphee told Confidential.

“I’m living out what I’ve wanted to do my whole life. I want to be iconic, not in an ego way, but I want to make classic pop music like Michael Jackson or Madonna. I don’t want to doubt myself.”
Smit-McPhee is virtually unrecognisable from the young actor who started on Ramsay Street soap at the age of 12 in 2005 and wrapped on the show two-and-a-half years later.

Looking back at herself on Neighbours, she said: “When I see photos of myself between the ages of like 10 and 17, I guess I went through this teen awkward phase. I was totally comfortable but it doesn’t vibe with me now.”

Smit-McPhee, whose brother — Kodi — is also an established actor, is based in Los Angeles.

She’s worked on hit TV series like Hung and will next appear in Scott Hicks fantasy flick, Fallen.

Acting is mostly on the back burner for Smit-McPhee, who is currently in Melbourne writing and recording music with American husband John Rush.

“Whatever acting comes up, I am going to be more particular about what I do because right now I am focusing on music,” she said.

Pantherboy
19-10-2016, 22:30
A lot of nostalgia in this DailyMail article:

Neighbours reunion! As Kylie and Guy Pearce film their first movie together in three decades, where are their fellow TV soap co-stars now?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3851172/Where-stars-Neighbours-now.html

kaz21
11-11-2016, 11:00
Did anyone else find it odd, Sonya mentioned she needed to pee. Rather random.

Splashy
11-11-2016, 11:39
Did anyone else find it odd, Sonya mentioned she needed to pee. Rather random.

Yeah, they dont do random in soap land, maybe she is already pregnant? Very pregnant as in the baby is pressing down on her bladder.

But then the women is insane, she only got with Toady to get to her son, she has Nell and is now seeking to make more babies with another bloke because Toady cant offer up the goods. I know thats a twisted way of looking at it but the facts fit.

Dazzle
11-11-2016, 15:10
But then the women is insane, she only got with Toady to get to her son, she has Nell and is now seeking to make more babies with another bloke because Toady cant offer up the goods. I know thats a twisted way of looking at it but the facts fit.

I said much the same about Sonya and the surrogacy in a rant on another thread yesterday.

kaz21
11-11-2016, 15:38
That's what I think, I said it on the spoiler page.

Pantherboy
21-12-2016, 20:58
Gossip article on msn.com:

Confirmed: Fifi Box is dating co-star Damien Richardson

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/confirmed-fifi-box-is-dating-co-star-damien-richardson/ar-BBxokVh?li=AAabC8j&ocid=spartandhp

Pantherboy
28-01-2017, 21:19
Article in The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney Confidential) today. I posted this as a new/separate Thread in the General Normal Forum, but then thought I would also post it here as well, just in case it got lost in all the SPAM!

The Bodyguard: Kip Gamblin joins Aussie musical in lead role as Kevin Costner’s Frank Farmer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/the-bodyguard-kip-gamblin-joins-aussie-musical-in-lead-role-as-kevin-costners-frank-farmer/news-story/ebabbc9c5b3f700da529e3aa22afc5c4

HE is best known for his roles on Neighbours and Home and Away, but Kip Gamblin is getting ready to literally put his body on the line for his latest role.

Actor and former dancer, Gamblin will join The Bodyguard musical, taking on the role made famous by Kevin Costner as ex-secret service agent Frank Farmer. He will join singer Paulini, who takes the role made famous by Whitney Houston.

For Gamblin, best known for his roles as Brad Willis on Neighbours and Scott Hunter on rival soap Home And Away, it is a welcome change to tell a story from beginning to end.

“Inside TV it’s the story that never ends, so to be involved in a piece of art that has a beginning and most of all a conclusion, it will be nice to tell a story every night,” Gamblin said.

“I love the fact that he doesn’t have to have a cheesy smile constantly ... Frank is pretty stone-faced which I liked.”

Gamblin is very comfortable on stage, having spent time with the Australian Ballet and Sydney Dance Company. However, singing presents a new challenge.

“I apparently sing a song, but Frank is not a good singer, so it should be interesting. I wouldn’t say I’m the world’s strongest singer, but singing badly I think there’s quite an art to it.”

The Bodyguard is at the Sydney Lyric Theatre from April 21.

Tickets are on sale from $70 at sydneylyric.com.au

Dazzle
28-01-2017, 22:41
Is Kip leaving Neighbours?

Pantherboy
28-01-2017, 23:32
Is Kip leaving Neighbours?

I haven't seen/read anything to suggest that Kip is leaving Neighbours at this stage. The article doesn't mention how long the season of The Bodyguard will go for, but it says that it will begin its run in late April, which I imagine would mean that rehearsals are well & truly in full swing by now. I remember when Erika Heynatz (Charlotte King) left Home & Away, she had her baby in December 2015, then started rehearsals for Singin' In The Rain during January 2016, for the season which commenced mid 2016 (June?). So, for The Bodyguard to be starting in April, rehearsals may have even started late last year, which would mean Kip would have already left the set of Neighbours if he was leaving permanently, & I don't believe there has been any official announcements etc in that regard. Maybe he is just taking a bit of a sabbatical from the show?? Has anyone else heard or seen something? (Maybe on Instagram etc?).

Pantherboy
29-01-2017, 06:56
This is the DailyMail article on Kip Gamblin's role in The Bodyguard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4168066/Kip-Gamblin-lands-male-lead-role-Bodyguard-musical.html

Dazzle, the article mentions that "Kip also wrote on Instagram: 'Announcement, I will be playing Frank Farmer in the bodyguard the musical. So glad to be back on stage.'" But, he doesn't mention anything about leaving Neighbours to take up the role.

Splashy
02-02-2017, 14:28
I knew it wasnt dee...

Ruffed_lemur
03-02-2017, 16:05
I knew it wasnt dee...

Are you sure it's not?

Pantherboy
27-03-2017, 05:57
DailyMail article. Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan) & his fiancée expecting a baby:

'I've never been so excited!' Neighbours star Scott McGregor expecting his first child with fiancee Bianka Voigt

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4351930/Neighbours-star-Scott-McGregor-expecting-child.html

Pantherboy
31-03-2017, 22:44
DigitalSpy article. Alan Fletcher's (Karl) 60th birthday, with a nice little video:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a824791/neighbours-alan-fletcher-60th-birthday-funny-video/

Neighbours cast celebrate Alan Fletcher's 60th birthday in this funny new video

Happy birthday, Fletch!

Neighbours stalwart Alan Fletcher has turned 60 in style – thanks to a humorous prank from his on-screen wife Jackie Woodburne.

Alan has played Ramsay Street doctor Karl Kennedy for over 20 years, and hit another milestone today (March 30) as he celebrated his big birthday.

As ever, his Neighbours colleagues were all on hand to mock him about his new age – with Jackie, who plays Susan, in a particularly mischievous mood.

The clip above sees Jackie pushing Alan around in a wheelchair and a blanket – before making a very amusing joke in front of the cast.

However, joking aside, they did all come together to give him a day to remember, and the video also shows him blowing out candles on his birthday cake.

Recent episodes have seen Karl head over to London in search of his friend Toadie – who was on a mission to track down Fake Dee Bliss after she disappeared with his money.

Scenes airing yesterday saw the Kennedys' past marriage problems brought to the forefront of Toadie's ongoing storyline as Susan shared some harsh words with him over his betrayal.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Pantherboy
04-04-2017, 08:36
Article from the Los Angeles Times, for anyone interested:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-st-australian-soaps-20170325-story.html

Australian soaps 'Neighbours' and 'Home and Away' launch big careers. You've heard of Guy Pearce and Naomi Watts, we presume.

Quiz question: What do such stars as Chris Hemsworth, Isla Fisher, Guy Pearce and Naomi Watts all have in common — besides being Australian?

They’re all actors who got their big breaks in two long-running soap operas that are still popular Down Under called “Home and Away” and “Neighbours.”

“Home and Away” just entered its 30th year on television, but despite its endless run, most Americans have never heard of the Australian early evening soap, just as most are oblivious to its rival, “Neighbours,” three years its senior.

However, American audiences would definitely recognize the names and faces who got their breaks on these shows: Hemsworth (“Thor”); Luke Bracey (“Hacksaw Ridge”); Julian McMahon (“Nip/Tuck”), Fisher (“The Great Gatsby”) and Isabel Lucas (“Emerald City”) were in hundreds of “Home and Away” episodes apiece, while Heath Ledger, Watts and Pearce all had brief stays. Pearce also spent four years on “Neighbours,” which also produced Liam Hemsworth, Margot Robbie, Jesse Spencer and four episodes with a young Russell Crowe.

“The shows have been a nursery for wonderful talent,” says original “Neighbours” star Alan Dale, who has since become a familiar face on such U.S. series as “24,” “Ugly Betty,” “Lost” and “Entourage.”

Alumni say they were a proving ground that trained them in both the craft of acting and the necessary work ethic, providing the tools they'd need to flourish in Hollywood.

“It was a great opportunity,” says McMahon, who was 21 when he started on “Home and Away.” “I was learning how to act, literally learning on my feet.”

American soaps have similarly been a breeding ground for top talent: Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones, Alec Baldwin, Julianne Moore, Susan Sarandon, Melissa Leo, Marissa Tomei and Kevin Kline all put in time on soaps and all have since been nominated for Oscars.

“Home and Away” was initially born to correct a mistake. Australia’s Seven Network had launched “Neighbours” in 1985 but quickly canceled it, says Dale. When it was given new life and became a huge hit on Network 10, Seven Network sought its own evening soap to combat it. “Neighbours” focused on a cul-de-sac in a fictional suburb of Melbourne, while “Home and Away” targeted younger audiences by focusing largely on the stories of the foster kids taken in by a family in a Sydney suburb. (The shows both broadened their focus to include other characters in their communities.)

Despite the Dodgers-Giants type of rivalry between the networks, Dale, who appeared in more than 1,000 episodes of “Neighbours,” says there was no strain between the shows' casts. “Back then there was so little work available, so we were just pleased that other actors were getting a job.”

Although the shows never made a dent in America, they became huge hits elsewhere,especially in the United Kingdom, where, McMahon says, “Home and Away” was originally broadcast during the day but people began skipping school and work so they had to televise it multiple times daily to prevent truancy. Stars were rarely stopped in Australia, but it was “like Beatlemania” when he was in England.

“That was fun and exciting, but no one teaches you how to handle that,” McMahon recalls.

The relentless grind of daytime soaps taught the actors some vital skills. “Its about getting your lines right and not falling over the furniture,” Dale says. The lessons were all the more pressing on “Home and Away” because much of its cast was so young.

Christopher Egan, who has appeared in the American series “Dominion” and “Kings,” was just 14 when he got his break on “Home and Away.” “I was a huge fan of the show and had the hots for this girl and ended up being her brother,” he says. “The show is its own acting school, even if it is very mark-oriented — you say the line, pick up your drink and walk to the mark. It really instills a work ethic; you have to show up on time and be prepared to work.”

Jordan Rodrigues, who is now on “The Fosters,” made his television debut at 15 on “Home and Away.” He credits the adult actors for teaching him “about staying in the moment and being loose on the set. And when you are working at a fast pace you have to be able to adapt to any situation.”

Their roles led to more jobs in Australia, but McMahon says that when he first came to America in the early 1990s, he struck out. “Now actors just jump on a plane and go to America and it's less of a big deal, but back then not many went overseas unless they had a great film under their belt like Russell Crowe with “Romper Stomper,” McMahon says.

Over the years, casting directors and producers have opened their minds about Australian actors, he adds. “Now people say, 'Oh you're Australian; we'll give you a part,' but back then you had to hide that you were from another country. I went on auditions once and my Australian accent kept coming in on one word, and an executive pulled me out to warn me about that. If they found out you were from Australia, they'd just say, 'You can go now.'”

Dale, who came a few years later, jokes that the mad rush of Australians followed his arrival here. He pointed out that Australians grow up watching so many American series and movies that it is fairly easy to pass as American. “Even the garbage collector there can do a passable American accent.”

Egan, who arrived 14 years ago, says there are more acting opportunities at home now but that it has also become much easier to find work in the States. “You may not put your soap on your reel here, but the attitude has changed a lot, and these shows are considered more respectable,” he says.

Rodrigues agrees, saying that although “Home and Away” is not going to land him a job, “casting directors know about it now, and so even if it's not a defining thing it is definitely a good reference point.”

What helps, Dale says, is the knowledge that these actors come in with a strong work ethic. “When I come in for auditions I'm often pretty well off book even if I have only 12 hours to get ready, but a lot of American actors just turn up and read,” he says. The soaps also didn't allow for diva behavior. “We would never lock ourselves in our trailer because we didn't have a trailer; we were standing on the side of the road.”

Egan and Rodrigues both say they keep in regular touch with their “Home and Away” brethren, as well as “Neighbours” actors. “There's an unspoken bond because we all went through the same experience,” Rodrigues says.

However, McMahon adds that they don't just sit around rehashing the good old days of long hours for low pay. “I got to know Chris Hemsworth quite well when he came over, and Luke Bracey too, but our conversation is more tethered around sports than around the show.”

Pantherboy
29-05-2017, 01:10
msn.com article:

Fifi Box has found her perfect man

Fifi Box has confirmed she’s fallen head over heels for her Neighbours co-star Damien Richardson, declaring her love for the actor she describes as “the man for me” and “everything I ever wanted”.

Speaking on her Fox FM breakfast show last week, normally fiercely private Fifi, 
40, couldn’t resist telling her listeners exactly how she feels, confessing she’s been in a relationship for a “number of months now” and is “really happy”.

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBC4W6.img?h=607&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBCih4.img?h=874&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBCgTu.img?h=607&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

“It’s been going really well and I’m really happy and we’re enjoying each other’s company,” she gushed 
of her television star beau, who she hilariously pretended was called Steven.

“I like him very, very, very, very, very much and I think he likes me,” she laughed.

“It would seem we are quite enamoured with each other.”

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBCcc6.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBBCkKG.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=304&y=226

Clearly happier than ever, The Project star couldn’t resist telling her
radio listeners about the heartwarming moment she realised Damien was The One.

“On the weekend, Saturday night, date night, and we thought of all the things – where shall we go, what shall we do, and then the fact that it was mutual. We ate Indian takeaway in bed and watched Netflix,” she gushed. “Already I’m going 
this is it, this is everything I’ve ever wanted.

“And then he went and got 
the chocolate…"

“He wanted to go back and 
get more chocolate. I looked 
at him as he walked off back to the fridge and thought, ‘I think you’re the man for me!’”

Fifi’s decision to finally go public with Damien is proof the pair are now ready to take their relationship to the next level after a string of setbacks, including her lingering feelings for Grant, the father of her four-year-old daughter Trixie.

kaz21
09-06-2017, 12:36
Anyone else notice the new titles for Paige and Jack today

Pantherboy
10-07-2017, 01:37
Dailytelegraph.com.au article:

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney urges fans to support daughter Erin’s charity project

Ryan Moloney is urging Neighbours fans to support his daughter Erin’s drive to help the Kids’ Cancer Project.

The soap star’s youngster is set to shave her head on her 11th birthday in October, in the hope of raising $5000 for the charity.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/48a6222fb683936e09d908c2f2ee022b?width=650

“I’m a very proud dad,” Moloney said.

“Erin said she wanted to do something to help other people. She has done this completely off her own bat. That she is thinking of others in this way is amazing.

“She knew of things like The World’s Greatest Shave and chopping your hair off. My wife, Alison, and I went ‘wow’. We gave her a few weeks to think about it but she hasn’t changed her mind.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/71fe9c3497cf4ccbd9f914761e2bfc39?width=650

“If anything, she is more determined to do it. I’m even happy to accept donations from Home and Away fans too.”

Erin has already exceeded her initial target of $1000 via her Everyday Hero page. She is up to $1423 and counting with a new target of $5000.

“I just want to raise money to help other kids and help the scientists,” Erin said. “The decision came pretty easily. The kids at school have said they can’t wait to see me because I’ll look so different.”

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/a3756bf261ead565b231047658474432?width=650

Moloney is no stranger to a haircut. One of Neighbours’ most memorable scenes of all time is Jarrod “Toadie” Rebecchi getting his mullet chopped off in 1999.

“I was pretty ecstatic about that when it happened,” Moloney said

“Erin is doing the same thing but for a much better cause. Cancer is one of those things where we all know someone affected by it.

“It is around way too much and the ones that affect kids are particularly traumatic. Erin is a kid helping kids.”

Erin’s donation page is https://charityfundraiser.everydayhero.com/au/erin-s-big-shave/wizard/share

Pantherboy
18-07-2017, 23:26
Daily Telegraph article:

Where are they now? Neighbours star Dan Paris who played Drew

IN Neighbours’ 32-year-history, there’s never been a character with a more impressive head of hair than Drew Kirk (no offence, Toadie).

The character was played by Dan Paris who joined the soap on a whim in 1998.

During his five-year stint in Ramsay street, Drew married Libby Kennedy and the couple had a baby before Drew was involved in a tragic horseriding incident and later died in hospital.

Now, 15 years after he was killed off, news.com.au caught up with Dan Paris to find out how he ended up on the show, why he left and what he’s been up to since.

How did you end up landing a role on Neighbours?

I never really wanted to be an actor. I was just travelling around Australia and I got to Melbourne and started working at a bar on Chapel street. I thought, ‘They’ve got television here in Melbourne, I might as well audition for something,’ and I was just in the right place at the right time.

I think I had a friend who had an agent and I went to a general audition at Grundy’s and they said, ‘Yeah, we’re looking for your sort of demographic.’ They said, ‘Do you have any acting experience?’ I said, ‘No,’ and they said, ‘Excellent, you’re perfect for Neighbours.’ [laughs] I’m only joking, that’s not true.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/53619ca92ba0db914963bc26e8c6dae1?width=650

Is it true that you initially found acting to be quite challenging?

I suppose I did. I wasn’t really driven to be an actor and I find it quite challenging remembering lines. I don’t really have the brain power to do that, so that’s probably the thing that let me down the most. But I bloody enjoyed it. It was really good fun.

Which of your Neighbours co-stars were you closest to?

Probably Carla Bonner [who plays Steph Scully]. Her birthday is two months or so before mine and she makes me feel awful because she still sends me a birthday message every year and I keep forgetting hers.

Were there any co-stars that you didn’t get on with?

In a big group of people you’re always going to have someone that you don’t necessarily see eye-to-eye with, but we all made a decision to work through that and if there were any hurdles we overcame them.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/667be657586f4b392b1e389a7c7e7027?width=650

Why did you decide to leave the show in 2002?

I just love being out in the wilderness. I had a little too much time in the studio, that was probably the biggest driving force for leaving. I just realised I needed to be out in the open a bit more.

I was travelling Australia with my partner [when I got the role on Neighbours] and I wanted to keep travelling around Australia, so I did. I bought an old four-wheel drive, a camper trailer and a dingy and we took a year off and went around Australia and then we just kept going.

Did you have a say in whether or not Drew was killed off?

Yeah. They said to me that obviously if I was killed off that I couldn’t come back. And I said, ‘You know what? I think I need the door shut because I know that when the money runs out that I’m going to want to come back.’ I needed to do other things in life and at the time that felt really right.

Drew’s funeral was a real tear jerker. Do you remember where you were when it aired?

By the time it came on air I was up at the tip of Cape York, wearing a daggy hat and carrying a camera. I was so fascinated with landscape photography at the time and in my mind I wasn’t even on the same planet. I saw and heard none of it.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/e7e44885c501805e6f12aea02163445e?width=650

What did you do after Neighbours?

I went back to Melbourne after doing a year around the county and did some auditions and got a couple of small roles and then I realised, I think I need to be in the country, so I went back to Esperance in Western Australia. And that’s where I am nowadays with my partner on 10 acres of land and a couple of kids. My boys are eight and four and they’re little creatures of the earth, that’s for sure.

And now you’re a professional photographer?

Yeah. The first thing I did when I got a job on Neighbours was save my money and buy a nice camera. I just love photography. It started off as landscape and now I work a lot with marketing companies in Perth.

In two days I’m heading up north to do a photo shoot for tourism and I just got back from a two-week trip for Tourism WA. Most of my work is actually doing video now and that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing professionally since Neighbours. Life is great at the moment.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/2d6abaeaef7764d0be950425bf8da57e?width=650

Perdita
08-01-2018, 07:53
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/01/08/05/34/former-neighbours-star-craig-mclachlan-accused-of-sexual-harassment

Hope it is not true

lizann
18-04-2023, 22:49
Maxine Klibingatis 1964 - 2023. We regrettably announce that actress Maxine Klibingaitis has passed away today. Maxine played the much-loved character of Bobbie Mitchell in Prisoner, Terri Inglis in Neighbours and many other roles in Australian TV

iMDB

lizann
28-01-2024, 19:30
Troy Beckwith has died

Pantherboy
28-01-2024, 20:04
Troy Beckwith has died

Articles:

Neighbours star Troy Beckwith dies: actor who played Michael Martin dead at 48
Neighbours legend Troy Beckwith has died at the age of 48 with his soap co-stars confirming the news on social media

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-troy-beckwith-dies-neighbours-31986211

Neighbours star Troy Beckwith ?dies aged 48? as co-star shares ?pain? in heartfelt tribute

https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/28/neighbours-star-troy-beckwith-played-michael-martin-dies-aged-48-20184953/?ito=newsnow-feed

Vale: Troy Beckwith
Actor Troy Beckwith, best known for Neighbours, has died.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/01/vale-troy-beckwith.html

Actor Troy Beckwith, best known for Neighbours, has died aged 48.

Former cast mates posted on social media indicating he died on January 24, but a cause of death has not been announced.

Beckwith played Martin Martin from 1992 to 1998 (pictured above) replacing Samuel Hammington who appeared as a younger version in 1985.

Kym Valentine, who played Libby Kennedy, wrote: ?It pains me so much to have to say this. Our dear old friend Troy Beckwith has passed away. Another member of our TV family [has] gone way too soon.

She added: ?Thanks for all the memories my cheeky mate and all my love to your friends and family.?

Former casting director Jan Russ posted: ?Dear Troy? That is so sad. Gorgeous boy.?

Brett Blewitt who played Brett Stark, wrote: ? He was such a lovely person. Deeply thoughtful and empathetic. Cheeky and playful once out of his shell. Way too soon. Love you mate.?

Lucinda Cowden also posted a string of broken heart emojis.

Beckwith, who also featured in Pugwall, Blue Heelers, Pugwall, The Miraculous Mellops, Good Guys Bad Guys, Snowy and Halifax f.p., made headlines in 2017 when he vanished for several days before being located.

There will be no funeral as per his final wishes.

Pantherboy
05-04-2024, 21:59
Ds article:

Neighbours announces 40th anniversary tour
Ramsay Street is coming to the UK.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a60401159/neighbours-40th-anniversary-tour/

The cast of Neighbours will embark on a 40th anniversary tour next year.

Fresh off its revival in 2023, several stars from the soap will be appearing on UK stages in 2025 to celebrate the milestone event.

The full cast line-up will be revealed in due course, but producers are confirming Leah Boleto of Sky News will moderate the discussion on six dates.

A press announcement for Neighbours ? The 40th Anniversary Tour promises: "The audience can expect surprises, never-before-heard stories, and all the inside scoop on what life is really like in Erinsborough. The night promises to be the ultimate toast to over 9,000 episodes of Neighbours, which originally debuted in 1985."

Neighbours ? The 40th Anniversary Tour is set to visit six cities in the UK (which you can see below). Pre-sale tickets go on sale from Monday, April 8 at 10am and general release follows from 10am on Wednesday, April 10:

Monday, February 3, 2025: Birmingham Symphony Hall
Wednesday, February 5, 2025: Newcastle City Hall
Friday, February 7, 2025: Glasgow SEC Armadillo
Wednesday, February 12, 2025: London Palladium
Sunday, February 16, 2025: Cardiff Wales Millennium Centre
Tuesday, February 18, 2025: Manchester Bridgewater Hall

The cast of Neighbours previously toured the UK in 2023 for what was originally billed as a farewell tour, but the show was saved by Amazon Freevee before the live events started.

Producers decided to go forward with the tour, rebranding it as a celebration of Neighbours ahead of its comeback last September.

The show is fully back in production and airing new episodes this time around, with major upcoming storylines revolving around Chelsea Murphy's indecent proposal, a lifeline for Sadie Rodwell and Byron Stone and Haz Devkar's hacking exploits.

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

And:

Neighbours announces nationwide 40th anniversary cast tour

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/05/neighbours-announces-nationwide-40th-anniversary-cast-tour-20592511/?ito=newsnow-feed

Pantherboy
19-04-2024, 08:20
Tvtonight.com.au article;

Neighbours nominated for Daytime Emmy Award
Screening in the USA via Amazon Freevee, iconic Aussie soap has landed its very first Emmy nomination.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/04/neighbours-nominated-for-daytime-emmy-award.html

Neighbours has its very first Emmy nomination, voted in the Drama category at the Daytime Emmy Awards.

Screening in the USA via Amazon Freevee it will compete alongside long running shows such as Days of Our Lives, General Hospital and The Bold & the Beautiful. When the show returned in September 2023, it strategically included US actor Mischa Barton to help reposition the show internationally.

Executive Producer Jason Herbison told TV Tonight, ?Neighbours has been on an incredible journey these past few years and a Daytime Emmy Award nomination is the icing on the cake!

?It?s a huge honour to be nominated alongside such iconic US daytime dramas. Today?s news is an exciting moment for our hard working cast and crew and a wonderful recognition of the new chapter of the show.?

Winners will be announced on Friday, June 7th.

Daytime Drama Series
?The Bay? (Popstar! TV)
?The Bold and the Beautiful? (CBS)
?Days of our Lives? (Peacock)
?General Hospital? (ABC)
?Neighbours? (Amazon Freevee)
?The Young and the Restless? (CBS)

And:

Neighbours nominated for top US award for the first time ever
One for the history books.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a60545562/neighbours-nominated-first-ever-emmy-award/