PDA

View Full Version : 'Home and Away' star planning overseas career

Perdita
26-03-2009, 05:48
Home and Away star Tessa James has spoken of her desire to launch an international acting career.

James, who appears as pampered teenager Nicole Franklin, told the Sunday Herald Sun that she is planning on working on more feature films before launching a career overseas.

"Working on a series like this [Home and Away] is the best training you can get," said James. "I look at it like an apprenticeship and never forget how lucky I am."

James, whose film credits include the short feature Hugo, previously guest starred on Neighbours as Anne Baxter, the visually impaired biological daughter of Janelle Timmins (Nell Feeney).

I wish her well :)

Abbie
29-03-2009, 13:46
But this wont be for a while yet though?

I mean shes not the best actress but she has got better, but I dont know what kind of other characters she can play

Abigail
29-03-2009, 15:24
Tessa has a three year contract.

Perdita
14-03-2011, 10:55
She hit Summer Bay in 2007 as a label-loving pampered princess, armed with a sharp wardrobe and an even sharper tongue: now, as star Tessa James plans her next career move (not to mention her wedding), it's been confirmed that viewers will soon be saying a sad goodbye to Home and Away's Nicole Franklin.

Tessa, who's already filmed her final scenes on the soap and is set to spend the next six weeks auditioning in LA, exclusively tells Aussie lifestyle mag New Idea, 'I was at Home and Away for three-and-a-half-years, so it's good to be finished and get to be who I am, and do what I've wanted to do for so long.'

As well as her hopes for Hollywood, Tessa's future includes tying the knot with rugby league hunk Nate Myles, who popped the question last November after a whirlwind romance. The couple - set to wed later this year - first met at a charity event, after which ex-Home and Away star Jodi Gordon helped Nate get his dream date by giving him Tess's phone number.

10 months later, Nate popped the question using a toy-store find as a temporary engagement ring. 'That ring has since been on location everywhere for Home and Away,' she says. 'It's a brown colour now and it's gone all rusty, but it's safe in a box.' And, although she insists it will stay with her forever, Tessa can't be too disappointed that it's since been replaced with a vintage-inspired 1.5-carat diamond sparkler she helped design.

After spending the last four years travelling to and from LA, Tessa - who admits that both she and Nate have high ambitions - is looking forward to life after Home and Away. 'It's an exciting new chapter but, ultimately, it's nice to have that person to support you.

Holy Soap

tammyy2j
14-03-2011, 11:07
She wont be missed never liked Nicole

Perdita
14-03-2011, 11:12
I shall miss her, I have always liked her

Dazzle
14-03-2011, 16:53
I shall miss her, I have always liked her

Yes, I like Nicole and was sorry to hear she's going. Her character's been a bit boring recently, but she was really funny when she first came to the Bay.

webspider
23-01-2012, 10:02
hello friends,
I thought he might've been the one who took out Irene's fella, though with what I've heard is going to happen it's looking like I was wrong. Obviously he's up to no good.
thanks

Perdita
21-09-2014, 10:39
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/tessa-james-former-home-and-away-star-and-wife-of-nrl-player-nate-myles-has-hodgkins-lymphoma/story-fni0cx4q-1227065617951

Very sad news, hope she makes a full recovery :(

Dazzle
21-09-2014, 15:08
Very sad news, hope she makes a full recovery :(

+1

Nicole was one of my favourite ever teenagers in Summer Bay.

tammyy2j
23-09-2014, 15:33
Poor thing, hope she recovers