PDA

View Full Version : Melrose Place Reboot

lizann
21-03-2009, 11:37
Former Melrose Place star Lisa Rinna is reportedly hoping to reprise her role in The CW's forthcoming reboot.

The actress, who played Taylor McBride in the original 1990s series, was photographed running through Los Angeles wearing a sandwich board that read: "Honk 4 Lisa Rinna on the new Melrose Place."

She later told E! News that she had been filming a skit for a TV show, adding: "I said why not? Because, you know me, I'll do anything."

However, the star previously admitted that she would love to appear in the remake but feared her more famous co-stars such as Heather Locklear would be given first preference.

"I'm way down on the totem pole," she said. "You know, this one doesn't want to do it, that one doesn't want to do it, so I'm just hoping that they get down far enough to me, where they're finally like, 'Oh, just call Lisa... Just hire her, for God's sake! Stop her begging!'"

Earlier this week, a representative for Locklear told Entertainment Weekly that she had passed on the opportunity to return as Amanda Woodward in the reworked soap.

Perdita
05-04-2009, 15:53
Former Home and Away star Stephanie Jacobsen is the latest cast member to join the new version of Melrose Place, reports TV Fanatic.

The actress, who starred as Doctor Charlotte Adams in the soap, has signed on to play Lauren, a medical student at UCLA, who moonlights as a high-end call girl.

Jacobsen, 28, joins Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and former All My Children star Colin Egglesfield in The CW's remake of the classic series.

no1abbafan
05-04-2009, 20:46
I loved Melrose Place 1st time round - Charlotte from SATC played a B**** called Brooke in it -Melrose Place was the reason I got a Sky box in so I could follow it.

lizann
06-04-2009, 22:50
We Love Soaps is reporting that Laura Leighton has signed on for the CW's Melrose Place remake. Heather Locklear has already passed on reprising her iconic role as Amanda Woodward, so Leighton does seem like a good choice to bring back. The only trouble is that she died at the end of season five - her character Sydney Andrews was knocked down by a car on her wedding day. It will be interesting to see how they explain that away.

Series regulars already signed up for the Melrose remake include Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Colin Egglesfield. Leighton will have a recurring role on the show and her character Sydney is supposedly the new landlord.

lizann
21-05-2009, 14:14
http://www.tvweek.com/video/preview-new-season/

Melrose Place Preview - Sydney's back from the dead :eek:

lizann
21-05-2009, 14:17
The CW has officially picked up the updated version of Melrose Place, the campy 1990s series revolving around a group of twentysomethings who live in a swanky L.A. apartment complex. The new version adheres to the same premise, but with a murder-mystery twist introduced in the pilot.

While the original series included an openly gay male character, this one includes a bisexual woman: Stylish publicist Ella, played by Katie Cassidy (Taken, Harper's Island), who is in a casual relationship with fellow apartment-dweller David (Shaun Sipos).

Ella's bisexuality will reportedly be revealed in the pilot via a kiss at a club. The casting call for the pilot included an "early 20's, gorgeous, exotic model type who catches 'Ella's' (Katie Cassidy) eye in a club and they share a passionate same sex kiss."

lizann
25-05-2009, 14:19
Laura Leighton has revealed details about the upcoming reboot of Melrose Place.

Leighton and another original Melrose alumni, Thomas Calabro, are on board for the new version of the classic US soap, TV Guide reports.

The actress played scheming Sydney Andrews until 1997 when her character was killed off in a plot which is addressed in the update.

"We're chipping away at it," Leighton said. "There is an explanation that I think is going to be slowly unravelled."

It is understood that Sydney will sleep with the son of Calabro’s Dr. Michael Mancini - who she manipulated into marriage during the show's first run.

She added: "Sydney has most likely always maintained some sort of relationship with Michael. It's been complicated, and that's not going to change."

Following Heather Locklear's decision to pass on the opportunity to reprise her role as the residence’s landlady Amanda Woodward, Sydney will collect the rent from the Los Angeles apartment complex's occupants.

Melrose Place originally aired for seven seasons from 1992 to 1999.

Hannelene
06-06-2009, 13:29
No Amanda?
But Heather made the show so interesting!

Perdita
21-06-2009, 13:26
Josie Bissett will return to her former television residence on Melrose Place, it has been reported.

The actress, who played Jane Andrews Mancini on the original version, will reprise her role and join former castmates Thomas Calabro and Laura Leighton on the CW’s reboot of the popular nighttime drama, People reports.

Her part in the series is said to be limited to a guest star capacity in at least one episode.

Bissett portrayed the older sister of Leighton’s Sydney Andrews character and was the one-time wife of Calabro’s Dr Michael Mancini. She left the show in 1997, but returned for the final two seasons in 1998 and 1999.

Former co-star Andrew Shue, who played Billy Campbell, recently said that the update of the programme was not a good idea.

Melrose Place originally aired on the Fox network for seven seasons from 1992 to 1999, while the new format will debut on September 8 on the CW.

Hannelene
21-06-2009, 13:29
Why would they want to go back and remake this?
I can't see this being as good as before :(

tammyy2j
06-07-2009, 14:14
Melrose Place star Ashlee Simpson-wentz has no idea what sort of scandal will unfold on the upcoming TV series - because the show's producers refuse to let her read future scripts.

TV bosses at the CW network are going to great lengths to ensure the remake of the 1990s soap opera is kept under wraps and have banned the cast from reading upcoming plotlines.

And the singer/actress is counting down the days until the show airs in the U.S. in September - so she can finally find out secrets about her character, Violet Foster, a small-town girl new to Los Angeles.

She tells MTV.com, "I play the girl that's straight-off-the-bus. It's exciting because we don't get to see the next episode. We don't get to read the scripts until we're actually about to shoot it, and everyone is dying to know what's going to happen to their characters, so it's fun. It'll be exciting to play that arc."

And the 24 year old isn't ruling out a guest appearance from her husband, Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz: "He hangs with me, but we don't read lines. I'm sure he would (make a cameo) if I asked him to!"

Hannelene
11-07-2009, 12:12
Why? 90210 barely works!

lizann
15-07-2009, 12:27
EW.com has learned exclusively that Daphne Zuniga -- last seen on One Tree Hill -- will reprise her role as photographer Jo Reynolds in The CW's reboot of Melrose Place this fall. She'll guest star in at least two episodes; her character returns to town after enjoying success in her career as a professional photographer.

Zuniga is the fourth member of the original Melrose Place cast to sign onto The CW's update; Josie Bissett, who played Jane Andrews Mancini, is also expected to make a guest-starring appearance this fall while Laura Leighton (Sydney) and Thomas Calabro (Michael) will recur. Melrose Place debuts Sept. 8.

tammyy2j
23-07-2009, 13:51
Kelly Carlson, an actress perhaps best known for playing Kimber Henry on Nip/Tuck, will be playing a madam who eventually entices Lauren to work for her as part of her prostitution ring.

tammyy2j
23-07-2009, 13:53
Brooke Burns is joining the cast of the CW's Melrose Place for a multi-episode arc.

Burns will play Vanessa, who is the wife of Thomas Calabro's Dr. Michael Mancini and the mother of his younger son, Noah. (Michael Mancini was the only character to appear on the original Melrose for its entire seven-season run.)

As you'll soon see for yourselves in the new Melrose Place pilot, which premieres Sept. 8 on the CW, Calabro's Mancini is majorly at odds with his older son, David, who is played by Shaun Sipos.

lizann
04-08-2009, 12:56
Now that he's appearing on a CBS sitcom in the fall, Grant Show says he's open to appearing on sister network CW's Melrose Place.

"We've been talking, but nothing solid," Show says. "I'm not opposed to it." In the meantime, Show will co-star with Jenna Elfman on CBS' unplanned-pregnancy sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.

How or when might Show's Jake return to the Melrose fold? Show says that's still TBD. "They haven't come up with the writing for me yet," he says. "I'm not sure they're even going to need me this year — maybe next year."

tammyy2j
12-08-2009, 12:26
Victor Webster has been cast in the recurring role of Caleb Brewer on the new MELROSE PLACE. AfterElton.com reports that Webster is Ella's (Katie Cassidy) boss and will appear in four of the first six episodes. According to executive producer Todd Slavkin, Caleb is a very masculine, type-A gay man, a rarity on television.

tammyy2j
13-08-2009, 10:26
Los Angeles-based, French Couturier Lloyd Klein is moving to Melrose Place to create exclusive looks for the revamped TV show.

Klein, a favourite designer of Hayden Panettiere, Marissa Miller and Eva Longoria Parker, has been recruited to develop signature fashion pieces for Katie Cassidy’s character Ella, a publicist known for creating trends.

It's the second major show to land Klein's expertise - he has also provided key looks for the Ugly Betty wardrobe department.

tammyy2j
20-08-2009, 10:51
Melrose Place has booked Channing Tatum’s real-life bride, dancer-turned-actress Jenna Dewan, for a multi-episode arc. The Step Up star will play a young movie studio exec who takes a liking to wannabe Tarantino, Jonah (Michael Rady), in at least two episodes.

Melrose gets rebooted on The CW beginning Sept. 8.

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 10:44
When does it start?

Hannelene
23-08-2009, 11:26
september 8th don't know if it's the same for the uk though

lizann
24-08-2009, 15:04
Heather Locklear is reportedly in discussions to return to Melrose Place.

The 47-year-old actress is considering reprising her role as Amanda Woodward on the CW reboot, according to People.

Locklear, who played the scheming landlady in the original Fox series from 1993 to 1999, previously passed on playing the part again in March, saying that there was no feasible way for her to make an appearance.

However, Melrose executive producer Todd Slavkin hinted at the recent Television Critics Association's summer press tour that there is a plausible means for Locklear's return, claiming that "the door was always open" for her to come back for the new series.

She would join original Melrose Place alumni Josie Bissett, Thomas Calabro, Laura Leighton and Daphne Zuniga on the reboot.

Representatives for Locklear and The CW declined to comment on the reported talks.

Melrose Place will debut on The CW on Tuesday, September 8.

GossipGirl
28-08-2009, 20:56
I think I will like to see what the fuss is all about

angel_eyes87
29-08-2009, 16:41
Saw trailers for Melrose place in America and they dont look that bad, I never got into the original as I was too young to understand what was going on, but the reviews over there are making the show seem watchable. I always knew it would return if 90210 returned then this was likely to return to.

GossipGirl
29-08-2009, 19:53
Never watched the original but I want to watch this one see if I can get into all I feel like I need something new to watch

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 07:23
Loved the original and I think they shouldn't of revisted this show. I loved all the original storylines

tammyy2j
07-09-2009, 11:26
starts tomorrow in the US

Hannelene
07-09-2009, 20:10
And when does it come to the UK?

lizann
08-09-2009, 12:48
It's finally here, folks: the premiere of the new Melrose Place! The rebooted Melrose follows a familiar formula: A dashing array of twentysomethings pursue life and love in Los Angeles, where they all live in the same apartment complex. But there is much that is new as well, including a multiepisode murder storyline in which many of the Place's residents are suspects. Here's a quick primer before you watch the premiere (Tuesday, 9/8c, CW):

Who's back from the original?

Laura Leighton (Sydney Andrews) and Thomas Calabro (Michael Mancini) anchor the cast of young'uns, and their devious characters haven't changed a bit. "I think Sydney's always been sort of doomed to be the center of controversy," says Leighton, "and she's very much in that position." Indeed, as Melrose Place's new landlady, Sydney plays a central role in the season's first few episodes, as we learn about her fractious relationships with the building's tenants — romantic and otherwise.

Are you looking for an apartment at Melrose Place?

Calabro, meanwhile, couldn't have been happier to try on Michael's bad-guy hat again. "I was very excited to find out he had even more money than before and ultimate power," he says. "So I thought, you know, if he continues to be an evildoer, that bodes well for his ability to do so." But the actor points out that Michael's motivations are mostly good. "He [does] bad things to preserve his good life," he says. "He has a family and he's trying to keep it together."

What's that, a family? Yes, in addition to an initially unseen nuclear family, Michael is also the father of one of the building's tenants, David (Shaun Sipos), and their relationship is anything but cozy. You see, David inherited the bad-boy gene, and also his pop's taste for redheads.

Who are the other new kids?

Perhaps the biggest name in the new cast is newly redheaded pop star Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, who plays Violet, a small-town girl who recently arrived in L.A. "It's fun to play the innocent side, but the really innocent girl is probably not so innocent," she says. "She's got a dark side."

Also on board are a pair of lovebirds, Ã* la Billy and Allison: filmmaker Jonah (Michael Rady) and schoolteacher Riley (Jessica Lucas), whose initial predicament appears to be whether to grow up and get married. Med student Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen) takes an interesting career path when she has trouble paying the bills. Chef and recovering alcoholic Auggie (Colin Egglesfield) has a small, but significant role in the first episode.

And Katie Cassidy, daughter of teen pop icon David, plays Ella, a power-hungry publicist who appears to be the heir — and hair — apparent to Heather Locklear's Amanda Woodward. But there's a catch: Ella's sexual preference is more all-encompassing. "We call her 'try-sexual,' which is to say she will try anything," jokes co-executive producer Todd Slavkin.

What's this about a murder?

By the end of the first hour, one of the main characters will be doing a dead-man's float, Sunset Boulevard-style, in the Place's pool. Though we won't reveal the identity of the victim (it has been widely spoiled on the Internet, so, you know, Google it), the repercussions will stretch out for much of the first season, and beyond.

"The idea of mystery and suspense and intrigue is very much a part of the overall tone of the show," says Darren Swimmer, Melrose's co-executive producer. "And so whether or not an initial murder is solved, there will still be plenty of mystery and suspense and some crime elements and fun stuff like that."

Will Heather Locklear return?

"Well, the door is always open for Heather Locklear," says Slavkin. "We're huge fans of hers and, you know, have a great way for her to come into the show." In the meantime, while continuing rumors of Locklear's return swirl, fans of the original can look forward to guest spots by Josie Bissett, who played Michael's first wife Jane, and streetwise photographer Jo Reynolds, played by Daphne Zuniga. Both are scheduled to appear in the first batch of fall episodes.

Which other alum might return to Melrose Place?

What else can we look forward to?

At least two of the cast members will work together at a hip Los Angeles eatery, which will take the place of the original's hangout, Shooters. As there is a murderer on the loose, security will be a concern, and the newly installed cameras around the pool will capture more than just swimming. "They kind of said, 'Yeah, some crazy stuff is going to happen and you will see," Rady says. "The scripts keep coming out and we are like, 'What?'"

Hannelene
08-09-2009, 19:59
Still doesn't answer my question when does it come to the UK?

Lennie
09-09-2009, 01:46
Still doesn't answer my question when does it come to the UK?

We dont know yet

But its on in the US in about 15 mins or so

Bryan
10-09-2009, 20:41
just watched the first episode, dull as dish water! wont be watching anymore of this series!

angel_eyes87
10-09-2009, 21:01
Heard it got poor ratings, finishing last in its timeslot out of 170 I think, I never bothered watching it, just wanted to hear the reviews from the states to see if it was worth watching.

Hannelene
12-09-2009, 07:26
just watched the first episode, dull as dish water! wont be watching anymore of this series!

That bad?
Did it not match up to the original series?

Bryan
12-09-2009, 09:16

That bad?
Did it not match up to the original series?

i havent seen the original but heard good things about it. this sounded like i'd be up my street, glossy trashy OTT soapy drama, so i expected this to be really good, but it was honestly the biggest waste of an hour ever. not impressed at all.

GossipGirl
12-09-2009, 09:59
Where can you get to watch it over here?

Hannelene
13-09-2009, 07:21
I watched the original show and I loved it as it was like nothing I had seen before I would hate to get into this new one as I think I will be left disappointed.

tammyy2j
16-09-2009, 11:54
I think E4 or Channel 4 might pick up since they got 90210

angel_eyes87
16-09-2009, 14:51
It will come on the same time we get the new series of 90210, probably January, because that's when we usually get all the American series starting over here.

Hannelene
19-09-2009, 10:23
I kind of want to see it but part of me feels it will never live up to the original

Perdita
22-09-2009, 15:23
Heather Locklear will return to Melrose Place later this fall, The CW has confirmed.

The 47-year-old actress, who played Amanda Woodward on the 1990s series, will reprise her role on Tuesday, November 17.

"We're ecstatic to have the chance to bring Amanda Woodward back to Melrose Place," said executive producers Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer.

"Heather’s involvement in the show is something we've been working on for some time as we couldn't imagine creating and producing this show without the iconic character’s inclusion."

Locklear will join her former co-stars Laura Leighton, Thomas Calabro, Josie Bisset and Daphne Zuniga, who have all reprised their roles for the reboot.

Melrose, which airs Tuesdays on The CW, made a disappointing debut, averaging 2.27m for its first episode.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a178615/cw-confirms-locklears-melrose-return.html

Perdita
25-09-2009, 05:37
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a179037/sipos-we-get-naked-on-melrose.html

Sean Sipos has revealed that the cast of The CW's Melrose Place reboot have filmed scenes in the nude.

The actor, who plays David Breck on the update, said that the revealing scenes have made him realise that he needs to go to the gym more often.

He told E!: "I box, but I haven't been boxing enough. I haven't been hitting the gym enough. I really need to.

"We do get naked. They've started to stick me in my underwear and have me running around a little bit."

It was recently announced that The CW has ordered six extra episodes of the remake.

Hannelene
26-09-2009, 16:41
I wonder what Heather looks like now.......

Perdita
23-10-2009, 11:00
Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Colin Egglesfield have been dropped from The CW's Melrose Place reboot.

The actors, who play Violet and Augie respectively, will make their final appearances on screen in January after the murder mystery storyline reaches a climax in December.

"We always knew that this murder mystery would end in episode 12," executive producer Todd Slavkin told Entertainment Weekly. "And we always knew that [Ashlee's] character of Violet would be instrumental in that as a suspect, and [Colin's character] Augie as well.

"And once that murder mystery was solved, she would go on her way. That was the original plan going into the development of the show."

It was recently announced that Heather Locklear, who played Amanda Woodward on the 1990s series, will reprise her role on Tuesday, November 17.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a183293/simpson-wentz-departs-melrose-place.html

Hannelene
23-10-2009, 22:42
Are people still watching this?

Perdita
10-11-2009, 13:53
Ashlee Simpson-Wentz is said to have acted like a "diva" on the set of Melrose Place.

The 25-year-old was recently confirmed to be leaving the CW series along with actor Colin Egglesfield and the pair will make their final appearances in a January episode.

It has been suggested that the actress, who played Violet Foster on the reboot, was asked to leave the show because she was "deeply disliked" by her co-stars, Fox News reports.

"Ashlee was kicked off Melrose Place because she was a total diva on set, late all the time, and deeply disliked by fellow cast members. It created a lot of discord among the cast [and] she could barely act," a source said.

The insider also claimed that the firings were brought about to bring back Heather Locklear and to allegedly meet her salary demands to reprise her Amanda Woodward character from the original Fox series.

"They basically trimmed the fat and made it possible for Heather to join the show. Heather is a much bigger name than Ashlee," the source added.

Jessica Simpson recently claimed that Melrose Place was "crap" following the announcement of her sister's exit from the show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a185947/simpson-kicked-off-melrose-for-being-a-diva.html

tammyy2j
21-01-2010, 13:46
Its coming to E4 soon