PDA

View Full Version : ‘Neighbours’ actress Donna Freedman plans US career

Perdita
12-03-2009, 05:47
Neighbours actress Margot Robbie has announced plans to launch a future career in the United States.

The 18-year-old, who stars as Ramsay Street teenager Donna Freedman, told Australian student magazine S-press: “I’ve got big, big dreams for the future. I want to go to LA and be a massive actor over there.

“I think right now my age is my advantage. I’m still 18 and for the next few years I can play a 16-year-old, but at the same time I can play a 26-year-old.

“That’s kind of my advantage. If I wait too long then I’m only going to be able to play someone in their 20s.”

Robbie, who joined Neighbours last year, recently welcomed her on-screen family into Ramsay Street.

Perdita
04-11-2010, 08:56
Neighbours actress Margot Robbie has confirmed that she is heading to Hollywood after bowing out from the soap.

The 20-year-old recently filmed her final scenes as Ramsay Street's Donna Freedman following a two-year stint in the role.

In an interview with TV Week, Robbie confirmed that she is now planning to live in Los Angeles with her former co-star Caitlin Stasey (Rachel Kinski), who has already been in the city for some time.

She explained: "Caitlin has an apartment over there and she's doing great. She's going to pick me up at the airport and give me a couch to crash on.

"I know so many other people over there, whereas when I first came to Melbourne for Neighbours, I didn't know anyone. So the thought of heading to LA is actually a lot less daunting."

Robbie announced last year that she was hoping to pursue acting roles in the States, admitting that she had "big, big dreams" for the future.

The star's Neighbours exit storyline is expected to air early next year.

Perdita
14-02-2011, 05:35
Margot Robbie has landed a lead role in a new US television drama.

The Australian actress, who quit her role as Donna Freedman in Neighbours last year, has been in Los Angeles for the past couple of months trying to break into American television.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Robbie will play Laura in Pan Am, a "sexy soap about pilots and flight attendants at the iconic Pan Am airline in the 1960s".

Robbie's representative Aran Michael said: "It's really great news. Of course with any pilot there's no guarantee it will be picked up but it has the backing of ABC and Sony."

DS

Dazzle
14-02-2011, 16:12
Congratulations to Margo Robbie.

tammyy2j
20-07-2011, 12:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVdLIvcNRE

Her new US show

Katy
20-07-2011, 12:41
Fair play to her, she looks to have made it.

LostVoodoo
20-07-2011, 15:50
wow, good on her, looks like a fun show! maybe we'll get it over here

N.Fan
28-04-2012, 16:22
I liked Margo on Pan Am,but I thought she was better in Neighbours.