PDA

View Full Version : Skins 'may be axed before fourth series'

Perdita
10-03-2009, 21:07
WENN
Teen drama Skins may be axed at the end of its current run, it has emerged.

Kaya Scodelario, who has played Effy Stonem in all three series of the show, told London Lite that the actors are yet to hear from producers about the future of the programme.

Scodelario said: "I'm really hoping we do a fourth series of Skins, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

"They haven't told us yet, what with the credit crunch and all. We finished filming [the third] series just before Christmas, so at the moment I'm just relaxing."

Scodelario was one of only two teen cast members who returned to the show when it was relaunched this year.

Bryan
10-03-2009, 22:04
noooo! don't say that!!!!

to be honest I reckon they will recommision it, it's their only good drama that channel 4 have. if shameless can make it to series 6, when it's been bad for years, then Skins should be safe!

i would actually cry if they got rid of Skins!

DaVeyWaVey
11-03-2009, 15:03
I think they are just trying to draw some more publicity onto the show with this article. After all, it's only an opinion from the actress who plays Effy, no confirmation.

It's been hitting nearly a million viewers for E4, a stong figure for a digital channel. I think they will recommission it.

Rawnie
11-03-2009, 17:37
I would seriously be heart-broken if they cancelled it. It's really the only show I actually care about whether it's there or not.

But I agree with you Davey. They probably will recommission it.

Perdita
12-03-2009, 16:24
Did you see all those rumours claiming that this series of Skins would be the last? Rubbish!

I've just heard that E4 has given the go-ahead for a full fourth series, to be broadcast early in 2010.

While ratings are admittedly down on the first two years, the programme is still one of E4's biggest draws, with around a million viewers each week.

From DS

Should make a few people on here happy :D

Bryan
12-03-2009, 16:32
RESULT! :D :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Perdita
20-07-2009, 16:38
After the first two series of Skins, the producers made the shock decision to axe the entire cast while they were still in their prime (RIP Chris, so long Tony, etc.)

Now, with filming on the fourth series getting underway in Bristol, TT has learned that 'The Gang 2.0' have also been given their marching orders. This will clear the way for another new cast of youths should Skins be recommissioned for its fifth series in 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a166223/entire-skins-cast-axed-again.html

Abbie
21-07-2009, 22:25
Ok I think I might get bored of this