PDA

View Full Version : ronaldo to get £200,000 a week

sindydoll
01-03-2009, 08:14
MANCHESTER UNITED are to offer Cristiano Ronaldo an incredible new recession-busting deal which will make him the Premier League’s first £200,000-A-WEEK player.

United hope the record £10.4million- a-year contract will stop the Portuguese winger from joining Real Madrid.
Ronaldo still three years left on his existing £120,000-a-week deal but a FIFA ruling means he can buy himself out of his contract at the end of next season.
So as United began preparing for this afternoon’s Carling Cup Final against Spurs at Wembley, Old Trafford chiefs started plans to offer him a basic weekly wage of £160,000 — plus an extra £40,000 for image rights and commercial activities to keep him out of the Spanish champions’ clutches.

Spanish sources claim Ronaldo has a verbal agreement to move to Real this summer. But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insisted: “There is no question of Ronaldo leaving.”
Ambitions

And a Portuguese source close to the player added: “Cristiano wants to clear his head of the Real Madrid move once and for all. When he agreed to stay at United last summer he thought it would be just for one more year.

“But now he seems to be setting his mind on the long term because he realises he can fulfil all his ambitions at Old Trafford.”

ANTONIO VALENCIA - wanted

The new offer will add another two years to his existing agreement which expires in 2012. And that will tie the reigning World Player of the Year to the Premier League and European champions until 2014.

It will also dwarf team-mate Wayne Rooney’s £115,000-a-week wages, England skipper John Terry’s £135,000 at Chelsea, Robinho’s £160,000 at Manchester City and Steven Gerrard’s £120,000 at Liverpool.

Away from Ronaldo, Manchester United and Real Madrid are locked in a bidding war for Wigan winger Antonio Valencia. And that could push the price for the Ecuador international, 23, past the £20million mark.

Madrid made a £17m bid during the January transfer window but that was rejected by Steve Bruce.

United boss Ferguson has asked his former defender Bruce to give him first option on Valencia — and will make his formal move during the summer.

Fergie is determined not to be outbid by the Spanish giants, for whom he developed a fierce hatred over the Ronaldo saga.

United and Madrid are both also chasing Lyon striker Karim Benzema while reports in Germany claim the two clubs have declared an interest in Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez.

:eek: thats shocking, how much tax will he pay a week :lol:

Trinity
01-03-2009, 08:50
No one is worth that amount of money.

All the recession hit fans who pay for Sky sports and footie tickets are paying the price for this obscene pay packet.

They should all go on strike for a month - no money to Sky or Setanta, and no gate income would soon make the clubs take notice.

The again, maybe footie fans are happy for their 'heroes" (I use the term loosely) to be paid enough each year to build several schools.

Abigail
01-03-2009, 12:34
What exactly do football players do to deserve such large sums of money? They contribute nothing to society and have one of the cushiest jobs around.

Abbie
01-03-2009, 14:01
It is just shocking and it disgusts me!!!!

Bad Wolf
01-03-2009, 14:24
thats obscene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rawnie
01-03-2009, 15:40
I think it's absolutely disgusting that footballers get paid such obscene amounts of money. They are nothing more than entertainment. It's not even worthwhile entertainment like drama, where it can move people and change people for the better. Football causes violence, anger and it's never-ending. Nobody seems to care about what happens in the game anymore. It's become saturated with money and celebrity culture. Football has NEVER saved anyone's life, as much as some people may wish to believe. Doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, teachers... They all contribute a great deal to society. Footballers do not.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that footballers are even paid to play a game in the first place. I have to pay £7.50 a week to do drama, but I love it so I don't mind. Footballers should have to pay to play, in my opinion.

Perdita
02-03-2009, 10:46
Footballers and popular tv/radio show hosts these days are getting paid way too much for 'entertaining' their fans. But Man Utd is one of the richest football clubs and can afford to pay him, although the recession might reduce the club's takings so much they need to let him go because they can't afford those obscene wages for too long.

StarsOfCCTV
02-03-2009, 18:10
Professional rugby players get paid between £6,000 and £500,000 a year. Depending on position and experience. If they can survive on that, why can't football players?

Abigail
02-03-2009, 22:40
Professional rugby players get paid between £6,000 and £500,000 a year. Depending on position and experience. If they can survive on that, why can't football players?

Add to that that rugby players are much more dignified, hardly ever get into trouble with the law and play a better sport.

I do believe that a lot of pro rugby players actually have a "daytime" job too.

Chloe O'brien
03-03-2009, 00:18
It's all down to their agents and the publicty they get, that is why so many young footballers get into trouble as they have money thrown at them and they just waste it on drink, fast cars or gold digging wannabaes. George Best was the classic case, a young working class Irish lad away from home with more money to spend than he'd ever seen in his life and it killed him in the end.

Perdita
11-03-2009, 09:27
Cristiano Ronaldo's mother has dismissed claims that the footballer is a womaniser.

Dolores Aveiro, 54, admitted that she is constantly bemused by tabloid speculation which surrounds her son's love life.

The Man United player has been romantically linked to an 18-year-old university student and a gym instructor in recent weeks.

However, responding to the rumours, Aveiro insisted: "My son has only introduced two girlfriends to me - Merche Romero and Nereida Gallardo.

"If I believed what other people say, he has been with more than 100 and he is a womaniser. But I know that it is not true. When he likes a girl and the relationship is serious, he presents her to his family."

Ronaldo dated Spanish model Gallardo for a brief period of time in 2008. Their partnership followed his earlier romance with Romero, a Portuguese TV star.

Aveiro made headlines in 2007 by claiming that Gemma Atkinson was telling lies about dating her son.

Of course he isn't, he is only a goodlooking, rich, famous football star in his early twenties. I am sure he is tucked up in bed alone by 9.30 pm every night. :rolleyes: As if he would bring every girl home to Momma that he fancies.

Abigail
11-03-2009, 12:35
I'm sure the majority of young people don't tell their parents how many people they have slept with or introduce all one night stands to them either.

Blinkered parents or what? :rolleyes:

Dexaloff
13-06-2009, 20:45
Its hard to say,

Ronaldo for me is the best player on the planet boy do I hate him for that haha and can be the difference in winning a title and not winning a title.

There does seem times when he just wants to throw a strop if things arent going his way. But you get this a lot with the foreign players and some English.

If anyone is worth this amount of money, then it is Ronaldo

Abigail
13-06-2009, 21:16
If anyone is worth this amount of money, then it is Ronaldo

How can anyone kicking a ball around a pitch for 90mins, flying all over the world for free, staying in top quality hotels be worth 200,000k a week? Not exactly a difficult or dangerous job :rolleyes:

Nobody, regardless of their job or position, is worth that amount of money.

Katy
13-06-2009, 22:25
he isnt worth that amount, it is an extortionate amount of money. I pay alot of money to watch city play and there are people sat with me in the ground that pay the same as me and are just your ordinary average man on little money who still pay to watch them and at City it isnt worth the money and we are a club whose prices are less then the so called "bigger clubs" as they like to say. No one is worth that much and the FA may be better if they took a leaf out of Rugbys book.

I personally love the Gaelic Games way where its amateur so they all have day jobs and playing for there county is an honour and they do it with pride. Then again these footballers dont know what honour and pride is.