PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye - A three parter!

PinkFairy
31-05-2005, 19:08
OK, well I was cleaninhg out my room today and I found a load of my old CD's that I had forgotten about for when OI was little. Amongst them was my fave band from years ago, the Spice Girls 'goodbye', for some reason that I don't know (probably because I'm mad) I put it on, and then I had an idea for this script. It will be three parts long and I will post it hopefully over the course of half term. I might be doing a follow up script too, depending on how sucessfull this is.
Please reply!

Goodbye - A three part script
Part One

‘Listen little child, there will come a day, when you will be able, able to say, never mind the pain, or the aggravation, you know there’s a better way, for you and me to be. Look for the rainbow, in every storm, fly like an angel, heaven sent to me.’

The looming walls began to cave in fast, gathering speed until he wanted to fall down on the floor and scream. His heart beats grew faster and louder, pumping blood furiously around his body to stop him fainting and he could hear a ringing noise in his ears like a bell, tingling away driving him near to insanity. He wanted it all to stop yet it carried on regardless, causing his head to feel if it was about to explode under the enormous strain it was under. The room began to spin and he reached out to find something to steady himself but he could find nothing, everything was turned against him. He stumbled and felt himself fall onto the shabby sofa beside him, hitting his head on the hard, worn armrests, his legs crossing over as he stumbled over. He stayed there for a moment before he felt someone's hand around his shaking arm and they began to pull him up carefully before sitting him upright and passing him a small plastic cup of ice cold water that had been poured from the water dispenser adjacent to him. He sipped it slowly, feeling slightly better in a physical state but he still felt mentally torn. How could this have happened? Why to them? Why?
He looked up slowly at the man before him, hating him for what he had told him a few moments. He hated him for what he had said, he must be wrong, what he had said had to be wrong. He was just making it up to punish him! Yes, that’s right, it wasn’t true, not his Sharon.
“Your lying, your lying I can tell. She’s not going to die, I know! How dare you walk in here and tell me that ‘she has a only a small chance of recovery’! She’s defiantly going to live you idiot, she’s a fighter, of course she’ll live, she wouldn’t leave me, she knows how much I need her. We’re going to stay together forever! She promised me!” he barked at the doctor, not caring who heard him.
He began to began to bang on the sofa with his fists, wanting to show whoever made Sharon ill know how much he hated them. Tears poured down onto the sofa in pools and his fist began to aim badly, whacking anywhere until he broke down and could physically not hit anymore. He could do nothing but sob loudly, choking on the tears that fell so fast like a tidal wave, getting stuck as they tried to descend down his stubble ridden cheeks. His eyelashes became weighed down with all the droplets of emotions and his lip trembled like a tree in a storm. His wept like a child and cowered up into a ball, sobbing into his knees hoping they would block all the pain that was killing him so badly.
The man above him looked sympathetically at him, hating this part of his job. He was still quite young for a man of his profession, early thirties at the most and stood half an inch short of 6’3’. He had an athletic figure and it was obvious that he ate well and exercised often. He wore a light blue shirt with a slightly darker tie that complemented him. His trousers were long black ones with a slight crease down the middle that lengthened his already long legs which ended at his polished black shoes. His hair was of a mid blonde, suggesting correctly of his Californian origin. His eyes were a pearl blue and his lips were a light strawberry colour and shaped like a heart. His looked down at Dennis not knowing completely what to say. What do you say that can comfort someone in a position like that?

‘Look for the rainbow in every storm, find pout for certain loves going to be there for you, you’ll always be someone's baby.’

He spoke softly, trying not to sound patronizing. Dennis looked up, trying to see through the mask of tears that hung before his eyes. “Like I said, there is always a chance. You could sit with her if you like, talking to her might bring her out of the coma.”
Dennis knew deep down that Sharon needed him and even if she was going to die he wanted her to know that he was there for her right until the end. He reached out for the doctors hand which pulled him to his feet. He smiled weakly in a way of showing gratitude and slowly began to follow the tall man into Sharon’s room.

‘You gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear.’

melonb
31-05-2005, 21:09
awwwwwwwwwwww poor dennis :crying: ! poor sharon! :crying: poor shannis!1 :crying:
this is great more soon please! :clap:

Nigellover
31-05-2005, 21:10
Wow! that was a fab piece of writing! but so sad :( sharon can't die! please dnt let her die! poor lil dennis! what will he do without her?

PinkFairy
01-06-2005, 10:04
Thanks, here's the next part for you!

Goodbye - A three part script
Part Two

‘Just a little girl, big imagination, never letting no-one take it away. Went into the world, what a revelation, she found there’s a better way for you and me to be.’

Dennis sat down on the small, single chair beside the metal framed bed, wishing with all his might that his saviour would be saved. He looked down at her perfect features, despite all that had happened to her and all the tubes that were coming out of her she still looked beautiful like the angel that she was. He loved everything he saw; her small and delicate nose that now had it’s job replaced by a blue tube; her long black lashes the curled around magically at their tips; the long blonde hair that spiralled down in magnificent loose curls onto the white pillow just like sleeping beauty’s had before her prince charming had come to wake her up and her pale skin that looked like untouched snow laying on the ground.
He held her hand carefully, not daring to squeeze it however gently in case he hurt her and thought back with many regrets of all the things he wished he had done, things he should have said - all the times he should of held her tight and told her how much he loved her. All the times he should of protected her and all those missed opportunities, all the things that he could have had. All that time that he should have been by her side, all that time they had spent apart. All that time he had spent with a woman that he never loved could have been spent with a woman which he loved like no other person. All these regrets - didn’t they tell him something?
He wanted to hear he sing like she did in the mornings when she made breakfast, he wanted to feel her lips lovingly pressed against his and he wanted to see the smile that he loved so much, the smile that made him feel loved and wanted like never before. Until he had met her his life had been worth nothing and she had made it full of love. No-one had ever cared for him at all until she had walked into his then worthless life. He owed her so much yet she expected nothing back. He needed her to know how much he loved her and how much he appreciated what she had done for him. But what could he say now? She could be moments away from death! How could he say his goodbyes now when he had been expecting decades more of life with her?

‘So glad we made it, time will never change it, you know it’s time to say goodbye’

He leant down even more so he had a better view of her doll like face and began to speak to her, knowing that this could be the last thing he would ever say to her, knowing that the words that he was about to say had to be perfect.
“Sharon my darling, my saviour, my girlfriend, the love of my life, the most wonderful, beautiful, loving, caring, unselfish, kind woman in the world.” He began, already choking up with tears but determined to carry on. “The day you walked into my life was the day I was born properly. You’ve changed my life forever and I love you more than anything else. You've taught me what love is and how to give it. Nobody has ever loved me like you have and I’ve never loved anyone like I’ve loved you. I want to say I’m sorry for all the things I’ve done to you that have hurt you in any way, I really don’t deserve you. Yet you've still loved me and let me time and time again back into your life. I have one more thing to ask you.” He pulled out a small, pink object from his pocket in his jeans and opened the hand he wasn’t holding and placed it inside and then curled it back up. “Would you do me the greatest honour of being my wife? It would make me the happiest man alive. I love you so much Sharon, please hold onto me forever.”
He finished off and kissed her hand, covering it with tears before wiping hit clear with his fingers, stroking her soft flesh. He leant up to her forehead and kissed it softly breathing in her beautiful scent which reminded him of being cuddled up to her in the mornings.
He was just about to try and kiss her lips without knocking any of the tubes that were in his ay when a large buzzing noise came from the machine on the other side of the bed, a straight green line appearing across it at the same time. Despair flooded in, knowing that meant that it was really goodbye - he had been told that there was no use in trying to resuscitate her. She was going to leave him.

‘Goodbye my friend, I know you said you’re gone but I can still feel you here, it’s not the end, gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear. So glad we made it, time will never change it.’

Tamzi
01-06-2005, 11:42
Oh no, sharon can't die. This is really fab babe. I can't wait for the final bit. more
xxx

Angeldelight
01-06-2005, 12:52
Noooooooooooooooooooo.... i've just read both parts and it is brilliant... fabulos... it's really amazing... noooooooo... she can't die... awwwwwwwwwwwwww this is so sweet... please post more... please... i'm on the verge of tears... please don't let her die

bakedbean
01-06-2005, 17:58
Oh my gosh, Sharon cant die, this is absolutley brilliant!!!

Nigellover
01-06-2005, 19:59
Oh my god! nooooooooooooo dnt let her die!she's got to stay alive so that they can get married!!

angelwings
01-06-2005, 22:03
that was truly amazin hun i had tears in my eyes readin it. more asap and u can't let sharon die. plz plz don't let her die. love emma.x

PinkFairy
02-06-2005, 11:30
Goodbye - A three part script.
Part Three

I suppose that now you’re expecting that Dennis woke up and found a sleeping Sharon cuddled up in his arms, realising that it was all just a bad dream. I suppose you’re expecting that he breathed a large sigh of relief and decided to himself that he would never let a day pass when he didn’t smother her in love and that he leaned down, kissed her head lightly when she woke up and he told her ‘I love you’?
I’m afraid that say that wasn’t the case. I should know of all people - I watched it all. It broke my heart into tiny fragments to watch him say goodbye to me. I could hear it all yet I couldn’t respond. I wanted to so badly, I used all my strength to try and open my eyes and talk to him. I wanted so much but I couldn’t, all I could do was lie there motionless and listen to my darling say his goodbyes. All I wanted was to squeeze his hand and tell him; “I’ll never leave you, I promise, I love you so much, please don’t cry, I’m not worth it.”, but I couldn’t. Instead I died and the realisation that I would never be able to speak to him again hit me like a blow to the head, first numbing you completely and then shocking you with the pain afterwards.
I watched him being moved out of my room by the tall doctor who in any other situation I would have taken quite I fancy to - I could just see Vicki’s face light up after seeing him, but this wasn’t just another situation. I saw with pain the tears that fell down his cheeks like tiny raindrops which became a storm, the tears becoming larger and larger until his whole face became drenched in salty, bitter tears. I saw him kick the wall time and time again, obviously his foot was hurting badly yet he did not care. I wanted so badly to go and comfort him but I couldn’t, why couldn’t I? He was hurt so badly but I could do nothing to help him, why couldn’t I - did someone like to see us suffer?
About two minutes later I saw the handsome doctor come out to my crying Dennis looking solemnly, not meeting Dennis’ eyes. Dennis opened his mouth, unsuccessfully trying to speak for a few times before he managed to stammer out in a broken voice that was like a knife to my ripped up heart; “No…No...she’s...she's...she’s not dead, she can’t be!” He began to sob, covering his face up with his hand yet I could picture clearly what it looked like behind the shield of his palms. I could see the red, swollen eyes that showed his distress, his remorse, his longing and the unbearable pain that was trapped in him and wouldn’t escape. I could see his blood coloured lips the would now be swollen and raw from the chewing that they had endured because of his worry and tension and I could visualise general look of pain, torment and suffering that represented a broken man, destroyed by the loss of a loved one.
And so I had to leave my baby behind and leave for another place, a place that I had once wanted to go to so badly but now wanted to leave before I had even arrived. I wanted to see what happen next in Dennis life, wanting to go and comfort him somehow but he was already a million miles away - literally, well 101,908,567 to be precise according to my mother who I now lived with in my new home ‘up in the clouds’ as she likes to describe it as.
I still long for Dennis and I am sure that I will until the day we are reunited - a day that I wish for more than any others in some ways yet pray in others for it not to come to quickly as I don’t want my angel to become a real angel like me for a long time. I don’t his life to be cut short like mine was, like a book with the end chapters ripped out.
I do see Dennis sometimes though it’s painful as I know he can’t see me. I’m learning to cope better now though - I owe that to my mediator Lily. It is like death again to see what has happened to Dennis and know I am the cause of his pain but at least I know that I can now offer him some comfort even though I know he will never fully recover.
I have learnt two things from my death, one being that to live each day as if it is your last, however clichéd that may seem and the other was about my dad, Den and my step-mother Chrissie. But that’s another story...

‘The times we used to play about, the way we used to scream and shout, we never dreamt you’d go your own sweet way...Look for the rainbow in every storm, fly like an angel, heaven sent to me.’

Angeldelight
02-06-2005, 12:19
oh my god... that was... WOW... WOW... amazing... fantastic... brilliant... i'm in floods of tears... i can't believe it... WOW.. well done this is so so good...

angelwings
02-06-2005, 14:30
that was so amazin i was actually cryin while i was reading it. love emma.x

melonb
02-06-2005, 21:13
omg i was crying that was sooooooooooooo sad!! :crying: :crying:
but great!! :cheer: :thumbsup:

di marco
05-06-2005, 10:31
wow, i dont know what to say, it was brill! :D it was making me cry reading it, all the description and emotion! :) youre great at writing these scripts, keep them coming, and yes a sequel is a fab idea