PDA

View Full Version : Six Nations 2009

alan45
07-02-2009, 11:17
Well folks its that time of the year again. Today sees the start of the Rugby Six Nations.

Who do you think will win it this year??

Todays Matches

England v Italy

IRELAND v France

Tomorrow

Scotland v Wales

COME ON IRELAND

CrazyLea
07-02-2009, 11:52
WALES! COME ON WALESSSSSSSS!

Chloe O'brien
07-02-2009, 23:44
I have to vote SCOTLAND but I think Ireland will win the grand slam this year.

alan45
08-02-2009, 10:02
After that fantastic display against Les Bleus at Croke Park yesterday I think they are certainly in with a good chance.

Scotland/Wales should be a good match today

Trinity
08-02-2009, 10:18
I was in Edinburgh yesterday - I guess this explains all the people wearing red shirts...

I must live in a bubble.

Abigail
08-02-2009, 21:37
Only saw the first half of Scotland V Wales today. They played good and deserved a win.

I have to stay true and support England, but after their performance yesterday they need to pull their socks up. They may have won the match but they have a lot of improvement to make if they want to win. Most of their trys came from mistakes on the Italians' part.

CrazyLea
08-02-2009, 23:09
:crying: I'm fuming I was working today :crying:. Only saw half hour - on my break!!!

But yay that Wales won :D :D.

Well done Ireland and England aswell :D

Siobhan
09-02-2009, 09:45
For once I can come to work and say "HA! " to all the french people working here.. What a match... Ireland played their socks off and controlled the game perfectly... COME ON IRELAND!!!

Katy
09-02-2009, 10:58
I agree What a opening weekend, Well done Ireland!!!

I was so chuffed it was an amazing game really exciting looked like a completly different side.

Kearney and Heaslip really impressed me, its all IRelands fault i had a sticking hangover on sunday!

Chloe O'brien
09-02-2009, 14:23
Lost again what a surprise.

Katy
09-02-2009, 15:13
I can see Scotland improving, they did look quite good in some parts of the game against Wales.

CrazyLea
14-02-2009, 22:57
Woooooo go Wales :D
Missed the match :( Might watch it on the iplayer later or something. Heard it was a good match???

Chloe O'brien
14-02-2009, 23:37
Scotland are improving but they made so many stupid mistakes today we could have won the game if they had their eyes on the ball.

alan45
15-02-2009, 15:28
What a scary first half for Ireland. They need to improve dramatically in the second half. Hard to believe this is the same team who beat France last week.

Siobhan
16-02-2009, 08:54
I think they improved in the 2nd half alright 38 - 9 Go Ireland and what a cracking try from O'Driscoll in the end.. perfect try!!

alan45
16-02-2009, 11:18
Brian O'Driscoll's try was the highlight of a fairly boring game. They will need to buck up their ideas before they meet the 'old enemy' at Croke Park on the 28th.

Siobhan
16-02-2009, 11:23
I think they will do well against England... they knew how to turn it on and off against France. They were expecting the win against Italy so don't think they put any effort in to it

alan45
16-02-2009, 11:28
As tickets for the match are like hens teeth I will have to content myself with standing in a packed pub watching it while swilling pints. I know it doesnt kick off until half five but I suppose I would need to get there early to get a space:lol:

alan45
01-03-2009, 13:06
What a poor performance by Ireland yesterday. It was hard to believe that this was the same team that beat France. They will need to pick up their game if they are to beat Wales and win the Triple Crown.

O'Gara must have forgotten his kicking boots. Pity David Humphreys has retired.

Chloe O'brien
01-03-2009, 23:23
Whoo Hooo Scotland won can you believe it.

alan45
15-03-2009, 19:04
Thanks to England for helping Ireland that step nearer the Triple Crown. Its now between Ireland and Wales with Wales needing to beat Ireland by 13 clear points to win it. Could this be Ireland first triple crown for many years. Lets hope so.

CrazyLea
15-03-2009, 19:59
Well if Wales plays again like they did yeseterday, I say Ireland will be getting the Triple Crown!

Chloe O'brien
15-03-2009, 22:59
Ireland can only throw it away next week, Wales were poor against Italy. Scotland had a couple of good chances yesterday but again failed to deliver.

Siobhan
16-03-2009, 09:04
Thanks to England for helping Ireland that step nearer the Triple Crown. Its now between Ireland and Wales with Wales needing to beat Ireland by 13 clear points to win it. Could this be Ireland first triple crown for many years. Lets hope so.

Its is more than the triple crown Alan.. it will be the 6 nation and triple crown.. GRAND SLAM!! that is what we want and what we deserve.. Ireland need to play against Wales like they did against Scotland in the 2nd half.. and many many thanks to England for beating France :clap::clap:

Last time ireland won the 6 Nations was in 1985, though, the last and only time they won the grand slam was in 1948. I think we are about due for a win.. and Congrat to O'Gara for the highest points scorer in 6 nations history :cheer::cheer::cheer:

alan45
16-03-2009, 10:22
I just hope I'm able to see the match as I will have to be in the pub at opening time to be sure of a seat. As the Ireland Wales match is the last one then it could be a Looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg day:crying:

Siobhan
16-03-2009, 10:29
I am going to watch it at home.. at least I will be able to see it and then head out later after we win :cheer::cheer:

Perdita
16-03-2009, 11:31
I hope you have a great time - I am sure Ireland will do it :cheer:

Katy
16-03-2009, 19:11
I hope Ireland do it! Grand Slam, hopes all rest on the welsh game, im going back to manchester to watch it.

Really enjoyed the game this weekend against the scots. We were really good, OGara and Stringer looked just like the olden days.

Chloe O'brien
21-03-2009, 23:01
Another 6 nations draws to a close and Scotland won nothing again, hammered by England. But what a corker of a game Wales and Ireland was it could have went either way. Notice there is no Irish around tonight, wonder if there is any Guiness left in the Emerald Island. If anyone should find Alan or Shiv lying unconsious under a table put them in a taxi home.

Congratulations Ireland :cheer: :cheer:

alan45
22-03-2009, 07:38
Well I have just woken up from a bit of a haze following the magnificent IRISH grand slam victory at the Millennium Stadium. It was a tightly fought game and could have went either way. The score was so close but thankfully Ronan O'Gara found his kicking boots in time for the drop goal. Well done to ALL the teams for an entertaining 6 nations,

Erin go Bragh

Abigail
22-03-2009, 11:08
Well I have just woken up from a bit of a haze

Hungover much? :p

Hope everyone have a good celebration. I had a dream about guinness in bottles last night :searchme:

Katy
22-03-2009, 11:39
I am soo Happy! so chuffed we won, that last minute penalty i thought theyd got it, there were actual tears.

I had one a bit of a celebration in the pub last night, bit of a sore head but it was all worth it!!!

senorita
22-03-2009, 15:39
I was so pleased we won.

Was at my best friends daughters birthday party, she was 8. I was supposed to be doing the face painting and keeping them entertained but I kept going through to the lounge to see how we were doing. The kids all yelled at me to stop shouting which was really funny - I made my point by cheering louder than them - an achievement as fourteen 8yr olds can be very noisy lol. They retaliated by painting me as a vampire dalmation.....I looked so funny.

Was really pleased that Wales gave us a great game, as either side deserved to win, just glad it was us that did though.

Well Done Ireland

CrazyLea
22-03-2009, 16:09
Well done Ireland. Worthy winners :bow:

Siobhan
23-03-2009, 09:14
What a match!! It had everything.. I have no finger left, spent first half chewing my nail and that last minute eating my fingers.... Last 5 mins of the game was the most intense I have ever witnessed... I was crying, praying, screaming, jumping for joy!!! I am still on the high!!!!

lizann
23-03-2009, 10:42
Well Done Ireland :cheer: