PDA

View Full Version : A Season Of Shocks

NatashaPorter
31-05-2005, 10:21
Coronation Street has seen its fair share of doomed romances down the years, but this summer its set to break all records. While the Street may seem loved-up, scratch the surface and you’ll find lies, heartbreak and low-down dirty tricks!

By far the most troubling relationship is that of fragile Shelly Unwin and her controlling boyfriend, Charlie Stubbs. Shelly has already faced both mental and physical abuse, but the worst is to come.

“These next few months will be the most agonising of Shelly’s life, though her recent black eye was an accident, both she and Charlie know how it looks to the gossips in the Rovers”. “Shelly hides in her room and, as her fears grow, she becomes terrified of going into the bar or out on the street. Charlie becomes her only link to the outside world”.

Charlie tries to keep their problem under wraps but, when a familiar face returns to Weatherfeld, this becomes impossible.

“Shelly’s mum, Bev, arrives – and goes ballistic when she sees the state her child is in, “Shelly is completely in Charlie’s power now, so she tells Bev to go, but her mother refuses and, instead, rents the flat above the betting ship. With the support of Liz McDonald, Deirdre Barlow and Ciaran McCarthy, Bev is determined to free Shelly from Charlie’s clutches.”

But with Shelly’s condition worsening by the day, is Bev too late to save her daughter?

“As the summer goes on, Shelley becomes ever more insecure about her appearance – and takes drastic measures to change it”.

Elsewhere, another couple are trapped in a decidedly unhealthy relationship. While Tracey Barlow thinks she has finally bagged the man of her dreams in Steve McDonald, viewers will see matters differently.

“Tracey thinks that she, Steve and baby Amy are finally going to settle down as a family, and she even persuades her gran, Blanche Hunt, to evict the Baldwins from No. 7 so they can all move in,” says our source. “However, it’s clear that Steve is desperate to be rid of Tracy, but can’t risk losing his daughter.”

Steve’s plotting is eventually discovered by Tracy, and her response is dramatic.

“Tracy’s heart is broken, and she leaves Weatherfield for a few weeks but she’s back in July, with vengenance on her mind. Hell hath no fury like a Tracy scorned”

If it’s genuine passion you’re after between Danny Baldwin and Leanne Battersby – the girlfriend of Danny’s son Jamie.

“There’s tremendous electricity between Danny and Leanne, and they’re both addicted to the secrecy. Leanne even starts playing games, putting them in danger of discovery, just for the fun of it. However, as her feelings for Danny deepen, this hard girl begins to soften, and her conflicting passions for Jamie and Danny end up leaving her torn between father and son.”

But what about poor Frankie? She knows husband Danny is a serial lovecheat – won’t she be the first to catch him out?

“Frankie does become a bit suspicious when Danny goes missing one day, she tracks him down to a hotel where he’s holed up with Leanne. If she catches them, the explosion will be hear right across Weatherfield.”

Source: Inside Soap 28th May - 3rd June

Siobhan
31-05-2005, 10:37
Elsewhere, another couple are trapped in a decidedly unhealthy relationship. While Tracey Barlow thinks she has finally bagged the man of her dreams in Steve McDonald, viewers will see matters differently.

I could see this happening.. thought it was my imagination.. posted a thread on this in general section

dddMac1
31-05-2005, 14:15
Bev needs to do what ever it takes to help Shelley

RealityGap
06-06-2005, 07:51
storms are coming then, sound fantasti can't wait

daisy38
06-06-2005, 08:25
Sounds good! I'm not really a fan of corrie but i might start to watch it now if its all gonna kick off! :)

Abbie
06-06-2005, 16:24
cant wait for all of this to happen

peggy's mum
07-06-2005, 15:36
I do hope Bev can rescue Shelley, but I think she has gone too far down the road of mental illness brought on by Charlie's terrifying control. I think I heard that he kills Ciaran. If so perhaps this is the way to get rid of him as Shelley won't.

Hope Steve does dump Tracey - good riddance

dddMac1
07-06-2005, 15:47
i hope Bev can rescue shelley as well before he tries to kill her