PDA

View Full Version : Valance: ''Neighbours' is rubbish'

Perdita
16-01-2009, 10:20
Holly Valance has described her former soap Neighbours as "rubbish".

The actress, who is now working in America, began her career on the Australian show playing Felicity Scully.

When asked whether she would consider returning to the soap, Valance told The Sun: "It's not great these days. I actually watched it recently and thought it was rubbish.

"I wouldn't want to go back in the current state. What would I gain from it? Nothing. It would only interest me if they changed the format."

She added: "America has money - lots of money. In Neighbours there was about 30 people sharing a trailer and the canteen was not great. In Hollywood you have your trailer and everything you need."

After leaving the show in 2002, Valance launched a pop career, scoring three top ten singles in the UK including the number one 'Kiss Kiss'.

She has also appeared in TV shows such as CSI, Prison Break and Entourage.

lizann
16-01-2009, 12:25
She should be damn grateful to Neighbours it gave her a break into acting.

She is only doing guest roles in the shows in the US - not exactly a top star there

Abbie
16-01-2009, 17:15
Well for me I like it and stuff, but prefer home and away
I think it could be better but at the same time its a nice soap has some good storylines and makes a change from all the 'gritty' stuff we see over here

Bad Wolf
16-01-2009, 17:18
she is a total moose, fair enough i dont actually watch it, but if it wasn't for neighbours she wouldnt be in hollywood with her own trailer.

Katy
17-01-2009, 08:57
Ungrateful girl.

Like you say if it werent for Neighbours she wouldnt have her career. I think its pretty good at the minute. She was awful in it from waht i remember, i hated the whole family apart from steph

Jojo
17-01-2009, 09:37
Looks like someone has got very up herself.

Funny seeing as the only thing I've really seen her in since leaving was when she starred in an episode of CSI Miami and was the murder victim :rotfl:

Chloe O'brien
17-01-2009, 23:07

Funny seeing as the only thing I've really seen her in since leaving was when she starred in an episode of CSI Miami and was the murder victim :rotfl:

Yes she has done so well for herself since leaving neighbours, she should have won an award for her 3 seconds performance on CSI Miaimi.

Jojo
18-01-2009, 12:14

Yes she has done so well for herself since leaving neighbours, she should have won an award for her 3 seconds performance on CSI Miaimi.

It was a class act wasn't it - its so hard to lay still like that, in a contorted position :lol:

*-Rooney-*
18-01-2009, 22:58
Oh bad mistake, u really shouldna talk badly about the show that made u, u might need to go back there someday.

she was nothing compared to carla bonner anyway except ungrateful obviously

LostVoodoo
20-01-2009, 17:32
yeah the role of a nasty tart in neighbours wasn't much of a stretch for her...

Isabella
24-06-2009, 18:23
She's so full of herself. What career has she got left now? Just stupid stints on crappy, third class US shows. She's a tramp

Hannelene
24-06-2009, 21:08
What a stuck up so and so
This is what made her famous
She loved to promote herself when she was in Neighbours and now she isn't getting much work and is just another pretty face she wants to slate the soap that made her what she is :(

Trinity
25-06-2009, 13:42
This sound as though it is getting a bit personal :confused:

I am sure that Holly was wonderful as the murder victim, given her wooden acting in Neighbours I would say she was born to portray rigor mortis.

tammyy2j
25-06-2009, 13:44
She is a lads mag cover girl she cant act to save her life - her character in Neighbours was useless

Siobhan
25-06-2009, 17:03

She was in Hostage and that ad on Irish tv for reverse charge calls... she can act how to come out of a swimming pool in a bikini.. :rotfl:

Hannelene
25-06-2009, 20:43
Can't stand her she needs to either carve some kind of career of her own and stop living in the past