PDA

View Full Version : Home and Away 2009 Credits

Abigail
14-01-2009, 13:06
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3122/09creditspd0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Opening Titles
As opening titles go, 2009's are no less than ground breaking in the history of the show. After 5 years, we are finally rid of the picture frames which have proved to be unpopular in recent times. However, not only do the picture frames disappear but so do the cast along with them.

For the first time in the 21 years of Home and Away, the cast are nowhere to be seen in the opening titles. As earlier reported, these titles have also been dramatically reduced in duration to just over 15 seconds long. Seven's reasoning for this was to enable the show to be slightly longer in duration.

Whilst the picture frames are gone, Seven have chosen a 'seaside picture postcard' theme. After an absence of 2 years from the titles, Palm Beach is now very much the main feature, as we are treated to a large collage starting with views from Barrenjoey Head, and then smoothly panning across the Pier Diner and along various parts of the peninsula and National Park. For people familiar with the official site, there is more than a passing resemblance to the weekly rollover images that appear on the homepage, which may possibly indicate an 'in-house' creation.

Once the 'Home and Away' logo has appeared, we zoom through the photos for our recap, borderless and with the absence of a cast member's 'Previously on Home and Away' voice-over. Once we're up to date, we zoom back out to the logo before cutting to the new episode.

Theme Tune:
Obviously with such a dramatic reduction to the length of the opening titles, the iconic theme tune has had to follow suit, which may certainly prove to be unpopular with long-term fans. Gone are the days of 'You know we belong together' as we instead head straight to 'Hold me in your arms, don't let me go'. Also absent, for the first time since the 1997-1999 theme, is the opening bar of 5 notes which since 2000, has been more noticeable as the pre-recap portion of the theme.

The same Luke Dolahenty vocal track remains, however in a move which may provide a little compensation for the cut, he is now joined by a (as yet uncredited) female vocalist for the lines which were written as part of the original male/female duet. Since the Robertson Brothers mix of the theme in 2000, there has been a noticeable absence of a female in the song.

The music has been given an overhaul and whilst it still incorporates various guitars, it has a much lighter, upbeat feel than the previous version. In the opening instrumental heard in the closing theme, there is a much more acoustic/staccato feel to the piece.

The recap music appears to have remain unchanged.

End Credits:
The end credits, which are unlikely to be seen or heard in Australia, feature the same collage as in the opening titles, albeit reversed and now starting with the beach sunrise. However due to the duration of the closing remaining the same as last year, the collage has been reduced in speed, and also extended past the view from Barrenjoey Headland to finish on a sunset shot over Pittwater.

The structure of the closing theme remains the same as previous years, though obviously with the new music and female vocals added.

Australian viewers will get their first view of the new titles and theme tune when Home and Away returns to Seven on Monday 19th January!

UK viewers watching on Five will follow 2 weeks later on Monday 2nd February (however Fiver viewers will see them on Friday 30th January)

Taken from backtothebay.net

So the UK are going to be two weeks behind Aus when it returns next week.

Abbie
15-01-2009, 17:14
Noooooo I like seeing the cast in the credits :(

*-Rooney-*
16-01-2009, 00:48
home and away credits without the cast is just wrong,

Abigail
16-01-2009, 00:49
Hope the theme tune is better than last year's

*-Rooney-*
16-01-2009, 00:51
i just always knew both the aussie soaps to be different from the british ones in the way they show the cast, but now home and away dont so its only neighbours out of them all who show the cast

Perdita
16-01-2009, 06:36
I like seeing the characters in the credits, shame they have changed it :(

Abbie
16-01-2009, 07:49
I mean yes get rid of those photo frames! I hated those, but not the cast :(

*-Rooney-*
16-01-2009, 12:45
yeah i liked seeing how much the characters were changing and growing up now the credits are gonna be just boring

Abbie
01-08-2009, 19:06
I have been meaning to say for ages that this new way has really grown on me and I do like it

Now and then I do miss the cast though