PDA

View Full Version : Half Blood Prince FACTS

Behemoth
29-05-2005, 19:54
Here are some facts about book 6 that I have gathered from over the internet. I've made the important ones bold :D Enjoy!

-------------

Facts about Voldemort will be revealed concerning his history and character;

Harry will leave Privet Drive earlier than usual;

JKR has revealed that the opening chapter of book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of book 1, indicating that the chapter will most likely be a flashback, probably to when Harry's parent's were murdered;

Neither Harry, Voldemort, or Tom Riddle are the Half-Blood Prince;

Book 6 will reveal all the backstory of the series, meaning a prequel book will not be necessary;

There will be a new Minister of Magic;

In books 6 and 7 we will find out why Dumbledore trusts Snape;

We will find out what happened to Wormtail AKA Peter Pettigrew;

JK has said that giving away the form of Snape's boggart and patronus says too much. We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important;

We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors;

The reason Voldemort tried to kill Harry will be revealed;

Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks;

Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences in book 6, says JK;

The wizarding world is really at war in the sixth book;

We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike;

It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms;

The choice between what's right and what's easy will be a pillar of the plot in Harry's last 2 years at Hogwarts;

Harry's parents' profession will be a big part of the plot;

Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter;

At least one character will die in book 6;

In book 6 or 7, the secret behind Harry's wealth will be revealed;

Three chapter names have been revealed from Book 6. These are Draco's Detour, Spinners End, and Felix Felicis;

At the end of June, Hermione's ban on Rita Skeeter's writing will end, meaning we will be seeing more of her;

Ron and Hermione both turn 17 during the school year meaning they will be able to learn to apparate, though they won't be able to do it inside of Hogwarts grounds;

Towards the end of the book, Harry will again find himself in a one-on-one confrontation with either Voldemort of the Death Eaters.

Princess
29-05-2005, 19:56
That sounds really good. I'm looking forward to the new book. Wonder what Lily Potter's secret is!

di marco
30-05-2005, 11:12
wow thanks for those osiris, it sounds great, cant wait til its out :)

Bad Wolf
30-05-2005, 11:14
ditto, i'm so excited!!!!!!!

Behemoth
30-05-2005, 18:30
No problem! I'll add more as and when I find them :D

Behemoth
30-05-2005, 18:34
Updated

.:SpIcYsPy:.
30-05-2005, 19:52
Nice!! Still haven't got through my Book 5...

di marco
30-05-2005, 21:22
thanks for updating them osiris, keep them coming lol!

di marco
30-05-2005, 21:23
Nice!! Still haven't got through my Book 5...

lol!

Behemoth
30-05-2005, 21:29
No problem! I'll post the word 'Updated' like before so that you know when I have found some more and added them :D

di marco
30-05-2005, 21:31
ok thanks :)

Behemoth
30-05-2005, 21:40
Updated :D

di marco
31-05-2005, 06:40
thanks again! :)

Trinity
13-06-2005, 09:44
Just for clarification, I thought Voldermort IS Tom Riddle!

Bad Wolf
13-06-2005, 10:43
Just for clarification, I thought Voldermort IS Tom Riddle!

he is!

Behemoth
13-06-2005, 11:29
Yea he is. JK said that neither Voldemort or Tom riddle were the HBP because of all the confusion in Book 2, when Dobby said the heir of slytherin wasn't Voldemort, it was Tom Riddle.

Bad Wolf
13-06-2005, 11:33
but voldemort is the last heir of slytherin????

Rain_
13-06-2005, 21:14
thats what i thought too

Behemoth
20-06-2005, 17:42
Tom Riddle is the last heir.....i think. But they are the same person so I guess that Voldemort is to.....my brain hurts.

Bad Wolf
20-06-2005, 17:44
voldemort=riddle= last heir!

sorted

Jojo
21-06-2005, 09:47
It all sounds brill - can't wait for my copy to drop through the letterbox. I started off getting them for my eldest, but kept them for myself instead and have been buying him the DVD's though he is now reading the ones that haven't been made yet!!! Who do we think is going to die in book 6??? Rumours were Dumbledore, but I'm not sure.....

horseygal90
21-06-2005, 21:59
Towards the end of the book, Harry will again find himself in a one-on-one confrontation with either Voldemort of the Death Eaters.

Isn't that a must of all the books? :p

Dunno if I can be bothered to read it, though I probably will anyway. Just so I can annoy the people in my class by telling them the ending :o (My pet hate - So it wouldn't happen!)

Luna
22-06-2005, 08:56
It all sounds brill - can't wait for my copy to drop through the letterbox. I started off getting them for my eldest, but kept them for myself instead and have been buying him the DVD's though he is now reading the ones that haven't been made yet!!! Who do we think is going to die in book 6??? Rumours were Dumbledore, but I'm not sure.....

I dont think Dumbledore can die in book six. I think he will play a big part in the final battle, as they said Dumbledore is the only person Voldermort fears.

I'm sticking with Ron or Hagrid

Behemoth
22-06-2005, 09:17
There is something fishy about the prophecy. It could have a different meaning. Hold on, I'll find this thing I wrote for a website for you.

Luna
22-06-2005, 09:21
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches… born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies … and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not … and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies …'

Behemoth
22-06-2005, 09:23
The prophecy:

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches … born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies … and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have the power the Dark Lord knows not … and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...

JK answered a question on the prophecy on her website:

Q: The prophecy Harry hears in Dumbledore's office suggests to me that both he and Voldemort will have to die, is that true?

JKR: Both Madam Trelawney and I worded the prophecy extremely carefully and that is all I have to say on the subject!

This sounds as if there’s more to the prophecy than it seems. The ellipsis dots in the ‘prophecy paragraph’ (see above) could mean that each sentence separated by the dots do not necessary corolate to the sentence which precedes or follows it. This means that it is possible Dumbledore, Harry and many others have wrongly interpreted certain parts of the prophecy.

Dumbledore seems to say the prophecy means that only Harry and Voldemort have the power to kill one another, meaning Harry must kill Voldemort at some point if he is to ultimately survive.

But what if the line ‘… and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives…’ doesn’t refer to Harry and Voldemort? What if it refers to Harry/Voldemort and someone else, such as Dumbledore. If we take this view, it still stands that Harry must kill Voldemort to survive, and vice versa. Let’s take the Harry kills Voldemort scenario. As long as Harry and Voldemort are both around, the prophecy is unresolved, it is in effect ‘waiting to happen’. If Harry manages to kill Voldemort (of course, only Harry has the power to vanquish Voldemort completely. Voldemort cannot die a mortal death, so others, such as Dumbledore cannot kill him.), the balance is disturbed and we enter the next phase of the prophecy. Now Harry and the ‘other’ – Dumbledore – are both alive, without Voldemort, and the prophecy could be interpreted to mean this cannot remain if the prophecy is to be fulfilled and long lasting peace is to prevail. Either Harry must die at the hands of Dumbledore or Dumbledore at the hands of Harry for ‘neither can live while the other survives…’ in an ‘or else’ sort of scenario.

So, as long as Harry and Voldemort are both around, Dumbledore doesn't need to make that choice but when either Harry is killed by Voldemort, or Voldemort by Harry, the balance is disturbed and in order to resolve things, Dumbledore or Harry must be killed by each other.

- This is basically what I said but the guy who ran the website edited it a bit :thumbsdow

Luna
22-06-2005, 09:33
Ok my head hurts good theory though never thought about it that way

Which website is this if you dont mind me asking??

Behemoth
22-06-2005, 09:38
www.pensieve.net

Luna
22-06-2005, 09:39
Oh never seen that one before thanks Osiris :)

Behemoth
22-06-2005, 09:41
No problem :D

Oooo I've just found a picture of the full cover of HBP, front and back! Here (http://www.pensieve.net/images/book6backcover.jpg)

Luna
22-06-2005, 09:44
Found this one this morning http://www.potters-prophecy.com/

Think it's just new because almost eveything you click on says coming soon.

I usually just stick to Mugglenet most of the time.

Does anyone know if the J K interview will be view on tv???

Luna
22-06-2005, 09:49
Just found this comment on that website

'I believe that Professor Lupin will die in the hands of Peter Pettigrew, because Peter has a new hand made of silver, and Lupin is a werewolf (werewolfs are killed by silver).

I think this could be a possiblity

Behemoth
22-06-2005, 09:50
Yea, I've heard that rumour as well. Sounds pretty good to me but I suppose we'll have to wait and see :(

Luna
22-06-2005, 09:50
Only 23 days :)

Jojo
22-06-2005, 10:10
Only 23 days :)And counting!!! When it arrives, I won't be speaking to my family until I have read it!! :lol:

Luna
22-06-2005, 10:17
Im going to the shop at midnight and then locking myself in my room until i finish it

Jojo
22-06-2005, 10:18
I pre-ordered it as soon as the release date was announced !! Don't know if thats slight sad for someone of my age!! :lol: Its for the children - honest!!!

Luna
22-06-2005, 10:24
I wouldn't be able to wait until the postman came!!! I'd be going nuts. Thats why i have to go up at midnight I swear i was the only adult there without a child when OOTP came out

Jojo
22-06-2005, 10:52
The funniest thing is that my next door neighbour is the spitting image of Harry Potter. He is addicted to it aswell, so when they go to the opening screenings at the cinema etc, the kids all go wild thinking that Daniel Radcliffe has gone to watch it with them!!!!

Luna
22-06-2005, 11:44
aaawww thats cute i bet they get all excited, I dont really like dan i'm more of a rupert girl myself

Bad Wolf
23-06-2005, 18:12
i'm not coming on the boards after release day until i have read it- shouldnt take too long. but i dont want to ruin it!!

Luna
23-06-2005, 18:14
Surly they will put a Spoiler Thread on???

I never thought of that.

Just found out today though that i've got the monday after it comes out off so i'll probably finish it then

Bad Wolf
23-06-2005, 18:18
i might book the friday off work, it should only take a day

we can start a discussion thresd titled:
DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS???

Luna
23-06-2005, 18:22
Yeah thats a good idea.

I thought the 16th was the saturday am i wrong?

I'm going up at midnight anyway

Bad Wolf
23-06-2005, 18:23
just checked- it is, its because they have been saying you can buy it from midnight

i'll book the saturday off then!!

i really need to reserve one

who do you think dies?

Luna
23-06-2005, 18:26
I really couldn't wait until the postman came....i need to get it at midnight....i'd go mad waiting. Told my family not to expect to see me for a while lol

I have decided that J K cant kill Ron off (if she does i'll hunt her down)

So i'll go for Hargid or Prof McGonnagal maybe Lupin

Bad Wolf
23-06-2005, 18:29
i think its Lupin, someone mentioned something earlier about pettigres silver hand which makes sense and it will isolate harry even more as his dads two best friends will be dead

Luna
23-06-2005, 18:35
Yeah i read that on another site.

But ive been thinking about it. Remember in OOTP we all knew someone was going to die and one of the first people to be attacked was Mr Weasley it was a little twist making you think it was him. Petigrew is in debt to Harry because he saved his life. What if we are made to think Petigrew is going to kill Lupin with his new silver hand but doesn't go through with it because of his debt to Harry?

Bad Wolf
23-06-2005, 18:41
ohh maybe!

have to go, chat soon xx

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 16:30
I cant believe it is 6 days to go. I am not coming on her on saturay. It normally takes me a day to read. Cant wait
xxx

Luna
09-07-2005, 16:32
Im not going to seen for the whole weekend!!! i like to read and re read. I hated it when i got OOTP cause that same day i went to glencoe to see them filming i was torn between wanting to read the book and going into hagrids hut lol

horseygal90
09-07-2005, 16:39
I dunno how soon I'll get to read it :searchme: - My sister pre-ordered it, so will get it when it comes out, but she has this really bad habit of getting books, saying she's reading them and not actually touching them so I can't read it! She did it with Stravaganza: City of Flowers, she got it January and left it on ehr desk until mid April so I've only just read it. I was not impressed. :angry: :rolleyes:

Luna
09-07-2005, 16:49
I dunno how soon I'll get to read it :searchme: - My sister pre-ordered it, so will get it when it comes out, but she has this really bad habit of getting books, saying she's reading them and not actually touching them so I can't read it! She did it with Stravaganza: City of Flowers, she got it January and left it on ehr desk until mid April so I've only just read it. I was not impressed. :angry: :rolleyes:

ok if she has pre-ordered it you must think of a way of stopping her getting it first.

You either sit ont he doorstep all night until the post man comes, take it from him before he gets to the house and hide it in your room.

Or if she is picking it up at the shop you have to get heere before her and pretend you are her.

Obviously you have to do all this with an :angel: face on and be prepared to lie when she asks about the missing book

horseygal90
09-07-2005, 17:06
Yer, that could work! It's coming from Smiths though, and she'll probably go and collect it during the day. :hmm:

Think I may have to spend a lot of time in her room reading it... When she's not around. Mind you, if I can get past the first 4 chapters without her knowing she'll let me carry on I reckon... :angel:

di marco
09-07-2005, 17:31
cant wait til i get my copy. mum refused to preorder it for me grrrrrr :angry: and my sis will prob read it first when we get it :(

Luna
09-07-2005, 17:32
Cant you get it at midnight?

di marco
09-07-2005, 17:39
Cant you get it at midnight?

i dont think my mum will let me wander down to the shops at midnight

Luna
09-07-2005, 17:46
oh right lol well i suggest you do the same as horseygal and nick it from your sister :rotfl:

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 17:50
My order form is on my notice board above my computer. Going to grab when I wake up and run also going to get chocolate to keep me going!
xxx

Luna
09-07-2005, 17:51
My order form is on my notice board above my computer. Going to grab when I wake up and run also going to get chocolate to keep me going!
xxx

Chocolate must remember that and lots of irn bru

di marco
09-07-2005, 17:53
oh right lol well i suggest you do the same as horseygal and nick it from your sister :rotfl:

yeh i might try and nick it from my sis, seeing as she got to read all the other ones first

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 17:53
I'm going to turn up at the till with my form in one hand and millions of bars of choclate in the other! Good training for sports day this.
xxx

di marco
09-07-2005, 17:54
I'm going to turn up at the till with my form in one hand and millions of bars of choclate in the other! Good training for sports day this.
xxx

lol! :D

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 17:56
They should make it an event:

Next up the how fast you can get the HP Book and choclate race!
xxx

di marco
09-07-2005, 17:57
the choccie idea seems like a good plan but im not allowed to eat loads of choccie and ive been eating less than usual since i injured my leg and hadnt been able to do sport, but im back doing it now so maybe i could hmmmmmmmmmm..........................maybe ill go for the healthy option and eat loads of cherries while reading it instead!

di marco
09-07-2005, 17:57
They should make it an event:

Next up the how fast you can get the HP Book and choclate race!
xxx

hehe lol! i think id stand a good chance of winning! :D

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 18:00
Yeah, one event I could easily win. Gald your leg is better. As long as you have some nice food, it counts. I am locking mysel away till I'm done. I did that with OOTP and my friend kept calling for me to come out bike riding.
xxx

di marco
09-07-2005, 18:03
Yeah, one event I could easily win. Gald your leg is better. As long as you have some nice food, it counts. I am locking mysel away till I'm done. I did that with OOTP and my friend kept calling for me to come out bike riding.
xxx

thats so annoying when people keep disturbing you. with ootp my mum kept asking my to do stuff when i was trying to read it, in the end i told her that id have to finish the chapter first then at the end of the chapter i convienently (sp?) forgot and started another one lol! :D

Luna
09-07-2005, 18:06
thats so annoying when people keep disturbing you. with ootp my mum kept asking my to do stuff when i was trying to read it, in the end i told her that id have to finish the chapter first then at the end of the chapter i convienently (sp?) forgot and started another one lol! :D

Everyone i know is under strict orders not to distrub me :angry:

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 18:13
I may stick a sign on my door. Do not ask me to do anything. Am reading Harry Potter. Go away. I am praying there will be something Sirius related in the book as it said the mirror was important
xxx

horseygal90
09-07-2005, 18:41
I think Cadbury's and Milk is in order for when I can read it!

Luna
09-07-2005, 19:05
I have a theory about the next book i've posted it here before i'll find it and post again let me know what you think

Luna
09-07-2005, 19:07
My Threory -

Posted by Rach i think its Lupin, someone mentioned something earlier about pettigres silver hand which makes sense and it will isolate harry even more as his dads two best friends will be dead

Posted by me - Yeah i read that on another site.

But ive been thinking about it. Remember in OOTP we all knew someone was going to die and one of the first people to be attacked was Mr Weasley it was a little twist making you think it was him. Petigrew is in debt to Harry because he saved his life. What if we are made to think Petigrew is going to kill Lupin with his new silver hand but doesn't go through with it because of his debt to Harry?

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 19:20
That is good theory. It would be very interesting if something like tht happened. I heard that one of the twins dies in the book. :( who do you think is the new minister of magic?

I think Cadbury's and Milk is in order for when I can read it!

Yes chocolate is definelty called for. I am going to buy loads.

Luna
09-07-2005, 19:41
oh no forge cant die!!!!! new minister defo wont be mr weasley JK has confirmed that.

I think it might be someone new that we haven't heard of. Maybe they will be the half bloody prince?

Tamzi
09-07-2005, 19:45
No she hasn't she said it is not arthur weasley

Luna
09-07-2005, 19:54
She has it's on her website in the F.A.Q section

I cant copy and paste it but it's on page two