Bad Wolf
29-05-2005, 12:55
dani, its only a rumour

i_luv_dennis
29-05-2005, 12:57
thank god

Treacle
29-05-2005, 13:01
I don't know where half of these rumours generate from. This is now in the Rumour Mill anyways.

xcutiekatiex
02-06-2005, 14:45
i hope its a rumour i like the millers

Bryan
02-06-2005, 14:48
i hope its not a rumour, i hate the millers

they have no use really, they only encourage people to scrounge off the governemnt, as the millers have it cozy enough in theorey...

3 or 4 bedroomed council house, tv etc, and only rosie works

demi is a pregnant mother at 13

and darren is a truant

they dont send out good examples to our teens, will Eastenders ever generate good teens like the Sonia of the time.

Mickey is the only one that should stay, he was good all along but no need for his family

they ahve reintroduced Leo and highlighted the miller/taylor feud cus it can easily lead to the end of the family (IMHO)

bondboffin

xcutiekatiex
02-06-2005, 15:54
yea but would it be intresting watching teenagers go to school everyday getting top marks and coming home and doing homework

Bryan
02-06-2005, 15:57
soaps have ratings so high, many people watch

it isnt setting a good example

you can still be good, and have brillaint storylines, like sonia

once they are past 16 they can do what they want, but i reckon scriptwriters should be setting a good example

no school = keith miller

keith miller = sad scrounger

plural version of sad scrounger = The Miller Family

bondboffin

Siobhan
02-06-2005, 15:59
yea but would it be intresting watching teenagers go to school everyday getting top marks and coming home and doing homework

Probably not but I don't think most teenagers in Demi's suitation behaves like she does... she is shown the better side, she is will to look after her child.. however I don't know many teenagers who would run away with the father of her child at the age of 14.. I don't think it is a cute story and I think it is very very unrealistic.. but that is just my opinion and I can understand why some viewer love the whole Leo/Demi story

xcutiekatiex
02-06-2005, 15:59
yea but look what happend to sonia she had a teenage pregnancy just like demi and u say that is setting an example

Siobhan
02-06-2005, 16:18
yea but look what happend to sonia she had a teenage pregnancy just like demi and u say that is setting an example

No I am not saying Sonia's pregnancy was setting an example either... I just saying that in life, not many teenagers who look after their children, after all they are only children themselves and I don't know very many, if any, young couple around Leo/Demi age who stayed together.. When you are that young you fall in and out of love all the time.

.:Kitz:.
02-06-2005, 16:20
The millers have their good points. :thumbsup:

But also their bad points........... :thumbsdow

Bryan
02-06-2005, 16:21

i think she had it when she was 16, a lot older than demi if i remeber rightly?

bondboffin

Siobhan
02-06-2005, 16:24
The millers have their good points. :thumbsup:

But also their bad points........... :thumbsdow

I 100% agree and I think everyone know a family similar to them...

Babe14
03-06-2005, 10:39
I love the Millers' and hope that they are staying for a long time.

Siobhan
03-06-2005, 10:45
I love the Millers' and hope that they are staying for a long time.
I think most soaps have a family similar to them.. Corrie the closest would be the Battersby and in Emmerdale it would be the Dingles.. They don't have money and they try to find a way to make it with all sorts of scams but will back each other up not matter what live throws at them...

Babe14
03-06-2005, 11:54
I think most soaps have a family similar to them.. Corrie the closest would be the Battersby and in Emmerdale it would be the Dingles.. They don't have money and they try to find a way to make it with all sorts of scams but will back each other up not matter what live throws at them...

Agree I was thinking that last night Battersby/Dingles etc. and that's how it should be. I was thinking that if Gus is going (Hope so) then Keith could become the new raod sweeper (you don't have to read for that). I love the extra bit of closeness which has grown between Keith and Darren, Darren teaching Keith to read and nagging him to do his homework!LOL

03-06-2005, 11:57
I think most soaps have a family similar to them.. Corrie the closest would be the Battersby and in Emmerdale it would be the Dingles.. They don't have money and they try to find a way to make it with all sorts of scams but will back each other up not matter what live throws at them... Thats what adds humour AND also some actually true to life situations!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

squarelady
03-06-2005, 12:19
I think Leo & Demi are a cute couple but as Siobhan I don't think many teenagers would run away from their father at such a young age. Maybe there is futher history between Leo and his father that we haven't found out yet?

The rumours about axing are coming from the tabloid papers. They print a story virtually every week about a character returning or leaving.

Babe14
03-06-2005, 12:23
The rumours about axing are coming from the tabloid papers. They print a story virtually every week about a character returning or leaving.

Obviously hard up for sales then..

squarelady
03-06-2005, 12:26
Obviously hard up for sales then..

I 'spose it's because it's a Saturday afternoon, their footie team has just lost and they need an article to fill a column before the next day! :thumbsdow

i_luv_dennis
03-06-2005, 14:38
it would be boring watching kid come home to do h/w as demi and darren are good and get up to anything

di marco
03-06-2005, 20:25

and hollyoaks have the deans! i agree, most soaps have a family like them, and its a good reflection on our society as not everyone can afford everything and have perfect jobs

LUSHLOOKE69
04-06-2005, 11:34
i hope its not a rumour, i hate the millers

they have no use really, they only encourage people to scrounge off the governemnt, as the millers have it cozy enough in theorey...

3 or 4 bedroomed council house, tv etc, and only rosie works

demi is a pregnant mother at 13

and darren is a truant

they dont send out good examples to our teens, will Eastenders ever generate good teens like the Sonia of the time.

Mickey is the only one that should stay, he was good all along but no need for his family

they ahve reintroduced Leo and highlighted the miller/taylor feud cus it can easily lead to the end of the family (IMHO)

bondboffin
unfortunatly there are people like this around though who get everything given to them whilst working for very little. I do think that by portraying them as constantly not having enough money they are actually discouraging people from leading such lifestyles and I am also gkad they have shown Darren to be strugglng in school due to the truancy.

di marco
04-06-2005, 11:40
unfortunatly there are people like this around though who get everything given to them whilst working for very little.

yes there are people like that. my mum knows someone who has never worked in her life and so gets loads of benefits and has quite a big house and gets loads of free stuff cos she doesnt work, she gets new carpets in her house regularly and she got a cd player before my family were able to get one. theres nothing wrong with her so she cant get a job, shes just too lazy to look for one

di marco
04-06-2005, 11:41
I am also gkad they have shown Darren to be strugglng in school due to the truancy.

im glad theyre showing that too as it might discourage kids to do it

04-06-2005, 11:52
yes there are people like that. my mum knows someone who has never worked in her life and so gets loads of benefits and has quite a big house and gets loads of free stuff cos she doesnt work, she gets new carpets in her house regularly and she got a cd player before my family were able to get one. theres nothing wrong with her so she cant get a job, shes just too lazy to look for onethats terrible!! :nono:

di marco
04-06-2005, 11:55
thats terrible!! :nono:

i know, they always go on about having no money and that theyre hard up, but all the kids always have new expensive trainers and designer labels, im not allowed all that stuff

04-06-2005, 11:56
i know, they always go on about having no money and that theyre hard up, but all the kids always have new expensive trainers and designer labels, im not allowed all that stuff
Thats just wrong, has anyone grassed on them?

di marco
04-06-2005, 12:06
Thats just wrong, has anyone grassed on them?

dont know?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-06-2005, 14:57
i think she had it when she was 16, a lot older than demi if i remeber rightly?

bondboffin
Yep

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-06-2005, 14:58
Didn't Stcaey grass on them?

#1 Eastender
20-06-2005, 18:21
soaps have ratings so high, many people watch

it isnt setting a good example

you can still be good, and have brillaint storylines, like sonia

once they are past 16 they can do what they want, but i reckon scriptwriters should be setting a good example

no school = keith miller

keith miller = sad scrounger

plural version of sad scrounger = The Miller Family

bondboffin sonia is no angel, afterall she also got pregnant and had a baby at 15 did she not

#1 Eastender
20-06-2005, 18:28
I think Leo & Demi are a cute couple but as Siobhan I don't think many teenagers would run away from their father at such a young age. Maybe there is futher history between Leo and his father that we haven't found out yet?

The rumours about axing are coming from the tabloid papers. They print a story virtually every week about a character returning or leaving. yes but, we don't know how old leo is and i don't think hes at school any more

di marco
20-06-2005, 19:38
yes but, we don't know how old leo is and i don't think hes at school any more

i think hes at school still cos otherwise hed try and get more work than a paper round

Treacle
20-06-2005, 19:44
I have contacted official sources 4 times now and have been met with denial.

I'm afraid this is absolutely untrue. I wish Keith would go though!