PDA

View Full Version : Glory for Hamilton

Perdita
03-11-2008, 07:56
Lewis Hamilton became the youngest-ever world champion as he took fifth place in the Brazilian GP, despite Felipe Massa claiming victory.

Massa took the race win in fine style but all the drama involved the Briton, who only secured the crown at the last corner when he passed the ailing Toyota of Timo Glock after a rain shower.

Fernando Alonso took second with Kimi Raikkonen third.

As thunder boomed over Interlagos, and on a track becoming wetter by the second in the closing laps, Hamilton was on the verge of missing out.

Running in sixth and with title rival Massa running away with the expected race win, Hamilton's heart was about to be broken for a second time, as it was at this track a year ago.

But he can thank Toyota for taking the title as they failed to call in Glock to take on wet tyres.

With the German still on dry rubber and running in fourth at the time, he slowly started to drop back.

Just one kilometre from the conclusion of the Brazilian Grand Prix, and at the penultimate corner, Hamilton passed Glock to claim fifth place - and with it the title.

Sporting drama does not come any greater than that witnessed in Sao Paulo, leaving Hamilton to join a pantheon of greats.

:clap: Well done, Lewis, congratulations. :cheer:

Siobhan
03-11-2008, 09:20
Massa was robbed in the last 2 corner.. what a fantastic end of season EVER!! it was the most trilling I have seen in all the years I have been watching.. Fair play to Lewis but I was backing Massa all the way and I was at the end of my seat for the last 2 laps..

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-11-2008, 21:00
I'm so happy for him! :cheer:

pinkles14
05-11-2008, 20:17
Myself and family were so pleased he won it was a good race and been a great season.....