PDA

View Full Version : Tumble Downwards (One-parter)

BlackKat
28-05-2005, 11:04
A one-parter, this is the sequel to Still Life. Once again: based on spoilers and speculation about Danny and Jake's exit storyline

Chrissie's POV. :)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Tumble Downwards

He disappears two days after the funeral. It’s not like you weren’t expecting him to, but it still hurts when he does.

For three days after, you find yourself looking for him at the bar. And it only takes a split second to remember, but it always seems to make you lose your breath.

You wish you had more time. There’s something missing inside where Jake used to be – or where he could have been, because let’s face it it’s not like you really were anything – you and him. One kiss doesn’t make a person yours, and you have more important things to think about - like secrets in the cellar. But your eyes are still drawn towards the end of the bar.

On the sixth day, you stop trying to convince yourself that he’s coming back. The charred house across the square serves to remind you of all the reasons he can’t.

You remember watching him at the funeral, his clenching fists and shaking shoulders and eyes staring at nothing. And you knew he was leaving, without being able to say how.

You’re full of empty spaces, but you don’t think you don’t have a right to feel like this because his brother just died – his little brother. And you can’t blame him for leaving, because you know all about grief and guilt so huge you think it might drown you.

You just wish he’d said goodbye.

You remember the last time you saw him, before that night. And you think he may have touched your hand when he got up from the bar, but you can’t remember. Sometimes that’s what hurts the most. That you can’t remember.

Maybe it was nothing. Maybe it was just two people coming together out of a need for comfort and companionship.

But you know it was more. One kiss might not be enough to make a person yours, or to make them stay, but it’s enough to wake Sleeping Beauty and to make a prince from a frog.

You don’t believe in fairytales, or happy endings, but you wonder what it would be like to kiss him awake in the mornings.

You open the backdoor to the Vic, and he’s stood on the step. You move aside to let him in, but he’s kissing you suddenly like he’s never been away from you, and it’s soft and quiet, and he’s murmuring “Chrissie, Chrissie, Chrissie,” into your mouth.

You wake up crying.

----

I've tried to make it as realistic as possible -- as much as I'd love Jake and Chrissie to be in a steady relationship by the time he leaves I (pessimistically) don't think they will be. So, it's not so much Chrissie missing her boyfriend, but missing what could have been. If that makes sense.

Jake's POV coming soon hopefully.

Angeldelight
28-05-2005, 14:14
WOW... WOW... brilliant... amazing... absolutley fantastic... you did it again... i'm on the verge of tears... i can't see the screen clearly... WOW

i can't wair fopr Jake's POV... please post it soon... please... please...

Layne
28-05-2005, 15:01
WOW very good, this is great!!!
Can't wait to read Jake's POV,
luv ya
Layne
x x x

Rach33
28-05-2005, 15:27
WOW This is amazing so sad poor Chrissie poor Jake and Danny's dead and this is amazing and I love it can't wait for the final one brilliant Kat darling

BlackKat
28-05-2005, 17:55
Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it. :D Love you all. :cheer:

Tamzi
28-05-2005, 20:51
Fab babe. Can't wait for the final one. It is really good and really belivable. Fab....wonderful.....amazing
xxx

di marco
30-05-2005, 11:42
brill! :D cant wait for jakes one! :)

Amber
30-05-2005, 23:07
Wow! Can't wait for Jake's one!

BlackKat
31-05-2005, 21:37
Thanks. :D

Tamzi
17-06-2005, 18:41
PLz post Jake's POV. I couldn't see it.
xxx

BlackKat
17-06-2005, 18:50
Oh, bad me. I started writing it before I went on holiday, then kinda forget to finish when I came back. Don't know how that happened.

It's nearly done I think, so it should be up soon.

Tamzi
17-06-2005, 22:20
good.
xxx

squarelady
18-06-2005, 02:21
It's brilliant! I love what you've done so far. The writing style is really effective and it's very touching!

BlackKat
18-06-2005, 14:40
Jake's POV is here (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=78721#post78721)

:cheer: Thanks Lexie. :)