PDA

View Full Version : British Soap Awards 2005 -disapointed!

Alisha
07-03-2005, 14:13
Its the time of year again and now you can vote online for your favourate soap, actors, sexiest stars etc.

Im an eastenders fan and its the only soap I watch but Im really disapointed with the selection of nominations to chose from. First of all -the best actress category. We have Jessie Wallace, Michelle Ryan and Kacey Ainsworth. Jessie hasn't even been in the show for 6 months. Also where is June Brown (Dot)and Tracey Ann Oberman? (Chrissie) I found Dots cancer ordeal very compelling viewing and she put some of her co-stars to shame with her talents. As for Chrissie -her character is extreamely popular and Tracey Ann is a superb actress. The last couple of months have bought her character to another level and her and Den's final scenes were quality stuff. Letitia Dean-my favourate actress isn't even there and I think she should be. Her scenes during Christmas and her brief return were moveing and she has ben central to one of the most controversial and well debated storylines last year.

Now onto the best Actor category -where is Garry Beadle (Paul) and Leslie Grantham (Den). Both have done compelling performances this year. I think its an outrage.

Treacle
07-03-2005, 14:26
I think they were worried people wouldn't vote for Leslie because of past events.
Some of the nominations are rather random but hey...

Claire
07-03-2005, 14:37
Michelle Ryan for best actress, you having a laugh :D How come Letitia Dean is not among the nominations :mad:

Alisha
07-03-2005, 14:43
I think they were worried people wouldn't vote for Leslie because of past events.
Some of the nominations are rather random but hey...

Hi, I dont think thats it because he is up for best Villian.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 14:44
Michelle Ryan for best actress, you having a laugh :D How come Letitia Dean is not among the nominations :mad:

I know what you mean. How can Michelle Ryan over ride, June, Tracey and Letitia. Its a laughing joke! :confused:

*vcl*
07-03-2005, 14:54
Where can you vote for these online i want to have a look

Bad Wolf
07-03-2005, 14:56
Its the time of year again and now you can vote online for your favourate soap, actors, sexiest stars etc.

Im an eastenders fan and its the only soap I watch but Im really disapointed with the selection of nominations to chose from. First of all -the best actress category. We have Jessie Wallace, Michelle Ryan and Kacey Ainsworth. Jessie hasn't even been in the show for 6 months. Also where is June Brown (Dot)and Tracey Ann Oberman? (Chrissie) I found Dots cancer ordeal very compelling viewing and she put some of her co-stars to shame with her talents. As for Chrissie -her character is extreamely popular and Tracey Ann is a superb actress. The last couple of months have bought her character to another level and her and Den's final scenes were quality stuff. Letitia Dean-my favourate actress isn't even there and I think she should be. Her scenes during Christmas and her brief return were moveing and she has ben central to one of the most controversial and well debated storylines last year.

Now onto the best Actor category -where is Garry Beadle (Paul) and Leslie Grantham (Den). Both have done compelling performances this year. I think its an outrage.

hiya, sorry i moved this but it really wasn't a spoiler on a soap xxx

Alisha
07-03-2005, 15:04
oh sorry -I didn't think

Thankyou :)

Bad Wolf
07-03-2005, 15:07
not a problem xx

Alisha
07-03-2005, 15:07
Where can you vote for these online i want to have a look

I got the link of another webiste. I would tell you but I dont think we are allowed to post links on this site. Just put 'Britsh soap awards' in a search engine like google for example and see what comes up. :)

Kirsty
07-03-2005, 15:40
I'm not impressed, Tracy-Ann definatly deserves to be nominated :mad:

Claire
07-03-2005, 15:48
I'm not impressed, Tracy-Ann definatly deserves to be nominated :mad:

Yeah, I think that both her and Letitia shoud have been nominated, why on earth is Jesse there :rolleyes: she has hardly been in the soap, Kacey didn't do have any great storylines, and Michelle don't deserve to be there.

Looks like I'll be voting for Corries Suranne Jones

*vcl*
07-03-2005, 15:56
I got the link of another webiste. I would tell you but I dont think we are allowed to post links on this site. Just put 'Britsh soap awards' in a search engine like google for example and see what comes up. :)
Thanks i found a link on the eastenders website, the nominations are definitely disappointing this year !

Alisha
07-03-2005, 15:58
Yeah, I think that both her and Letitia shoud have been nominated, why on earth is Jesse there :rolleyes: she has hardly been in the soap, Kacey didn't do have any great storylines, and Michelle don't deserve to be there.

Looks like I'll be voting for Corries Suranne Jones

I know what you mean

Personally, I dont think all three should be up there.

Kacey Ainsowrth and Jessie Wallace are both fantaistc actresses in my eyes and asets to the the show but what have they dont this year? Kacey has only been in for four months and all we have had is her look all starey eyed with Alfie and broke up with Billy. As for Jessie, like I said befor -we have hardly seen her and her previous years on thow have been alot better than her in 2004. Zoe's performance wasn't that impressive. Its like slater promotion! :rolleyes: If I had to chose three females for the nominations for that 'Best Female' it would be: Letitia Dean, Tracey Ann Oberman and June Brown. It looks like a popularity vote to me :mad:

?????
07-03-2005, 16:10
hiya alisha, (the same alisha i know from the bbbc boards right)

michelle ryan nominated for best actress - you are having a laugh right! what are those judges on! she couldn't act to save her life! all she does is cry and whinge, how the hell does that make her a good actress. tish not being there is a just going beyond beyond. they don't see a decent actress if it slapped them in the face.

angelblue
07-03-2005, 16:19
I agree wth you about Letita dean Tracy anne oberman and June brown should be their they are all fab I think Jessie wallace and kacey ainsworth are great actresses two but i dnt think they have contributed as much as the names i have listed above this year and dont deserve it as much?

But for the actors i think the actors are fab who have been nominated but i would like to see gary beadle, Michael higgs to be their as well and Leslie grantham? :)

Alisha
07-03-2005, 16:32
[QUOTE=?????]hiya alisha, (the same alisha i know from the bbbc boards right)

michelle ryan nominated for best actress - you are having a laugh right! QUOTE]

Hi , thats me :)

Im disapointed with all of them in all honesty. The award is for best Actress 2005 and I dont think any of them fit the criteria.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 16:33
But for the actors i think the actors are fab who have been nominated but i would like to see gary beadle, Michael higgs to be their as well and Leslie grantham? :)

I dont mind Nigel Harman and Perry Ferrick. Im not happy about Shane Richie though if Im perfectly honest.

melanielovesdennisrickman
07-03-2005, 17:01
Hiya!!!!!
I think Shane Richie is quite a goo ator,but i am definatly not happy about Michelle Ryan being nominated.
She can´t act,and all she does is moan and cry!!!!!
And why isn´t Chrissie Watts nominated for best actress?????
And what about Jake Moon as sexiest male?????
I mean i like Dennis,but at the moment i am starting to like Jake more i think,he is soooooooooo sexyyyyyyyyy,lol.

Love
Melanie

andromeda
07-03-2005, 17:06
I know what you mean

Personally, I dont think all three should be up there.

Kacey Ainsowrth and Jessie Wallace are both fantaistc actresses in my eyes and asets to the the show but what have they dont this year? Kacey has only been in for four months and all we have had is her look all starey eyed with Alfie and broke up with Billy. As for Jessie, like I said befor -we have hardly seen her and her previous years on thow have been alot better than her in 2004. Zoe's performance wasn't that impressive. Its like slater promotion! :rolleyes: If I had to chose three females for the nominations for that 'Best Female' it would be: Letitia Dean, Tracey Ann Oberman and June Brown. It looks like a popularity vote to me :mad:

I know what you're saying about Jessie, but I do think she's done an excellent job with what she's been given. :)

Alisha
07-03-2005, 17:33
I know what you're saying about Jessie, but I do think she's done an excellent job with what she's been given. :)

I agree -the two hander with Alfie was impressive but in comparison to Letita, June and Tracey this year -it just doesn't seem right (to me) for Jessie to be there. The vote is for the past year and in my eyes others actress's performances have been miles ahead....but each to thier own. :)

Chantelle
07-03-2005, 17:57
I understand what you are saying Alisha about Tracy Ann etc not being nominated. Tracy ann especially should have been nominated because although i love Jessie to bits and is my favourite actress she has been away for 6 months but it doesnt mean to say she hasnt done any powerful and emotional scenes. Kacey well hasnt really done anything has she? As for Michelle Ryan, i think you are being slightly unfair. I think that most people are basing there opinion of her acting on whehter they are a 'shannis' fan or not. Im not a shannis fan but im not a so called zonnis fan either. I dont think her scenes werent acted well, but the writing and actual storyline wasn't good. But recently qith the Dens demise storyline, i think her acting has been top draw!

As for the actors, i think with shane richie its that you dont like the actor not necessarily his acting, then again maybe im totally wrong. :) I like Nigel but i dont think he is the best of actors at times. I found his leaving scenes very wooden but saying that his acting at christmas did almost bring a tear tot the eye. I do agree though i think gary beadle should have definately been nominated.

Anyway, thats just my opinion but i think you will agree when i say COME ON EE in the best soap catagory. :) :p

andromeda
07-03-2005, 18:01
I agree -the two hander with Alfie was impressive but in comparison to Letita, June and Tracey this year -it just doesn't seem right (to me) for Jessie to be there. The vote is for the past year and in my eyes others actress's performances have been miles ahead....but each to thier own. :)

That's fair enough that you feel that way but I do honestly feel that Jessie deserves it if she gets it, not just for the two hander, but for pretty much every scene she's played. I don't think the storyline this last year have done justice to the character, but I do think Jessie has pulled off a blinder with almost everything she's done... even if her appearances have been sporadic. ;). To me she has out-acted most in the cast this year, but as you say... each to their own.

This never seems to be Jessie's award though... she's not won it once.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 18:20
Out of all three in the panel Jessie is the finest. If I have to compare her to the performances of the other actresses (in the selected choices of ee) I do beleive that she is the best. However, I dont think she or any of the others deserve to win, simply for the reasons I have given. To me though Tracey Ann has been the best over the past 12 months but I cant vote for her :( I dont watch any other soap other than ee but I wouldn't be too fussed if another actress won. e.g maya from corrie.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 18:28
I understand what you are saying Alisha about Tracy Ann etc not being nominated. Tracy ann especially should have been nominated because although i love Jessie to bits and is my favourite actress she has been away for 6 months but it doesnt mean to say she hasnt done any powerful and emotional scenes. Kacey well hasnt really done anything has she? As for Michelle Ryan, i think you are being slightly unfair. I think that most people are basing there opinion of her acting on whehter they are a 'shannis' fan or not. Im not a shannis fan but im not a so called zonnis fan either. I dont think her scenes werent acted well, but the writing and actual storyline wasn't good. But recently qith the Dens demise storyline, i think her acting has been top draw!

Hi Chantelle,

Im not saying that Jessie Wallace hasn't gone any powerful and/or emotional scenes. She indeed has and she deliveres everytime. Im just saying for overall 2004- in my opinion other actresses have been better. That not to say Jessie isn't great in what she does- she is! I think she is one of the most talented actresses on the show but if Im honest if she wins I will be disapointed. That not the actresse's fault. Its the panel of judges who have a twisted nomination selection. As for Michelle Ryan, my perception of her isn't to do with Shannis. Even with her scenes along Leslie Grantham I didn't find impressive. She has talent but I dont consider her as one of the best. :)

Claire
07-03-2005, 18:56
Its the panel of judges who have a twisted nomination selection. As for Michelle Ryan, my perception of her isn't to do with Shannis. Even with her scenes along Leslie Grantham I didn't find impressive. She has talent but I dont consider her as one of the best. :)

Damn right the panel are twisted, I mean, the category is supposed to be for Best Soap Actress 2005, I'm sorry to say that neither one of the nominees are Best Actress material. I agree with you that June Brown, Tracy Ann and Letitia Dean should all be there instead. I agree thats its just a popularity vote. Something tells me that its won't be EEs year this time.

Layne
07-03-2005, 19:16
tracy Ann Oberman should deffinatly be up for best actress or even Newcomer as she as only bin EE for a year, but she should be nominated deffo!!!
Sexiest male is GOING to go to nigel harman and if he ain't nominated for it then i will have to do something i might regret in the morning(don't worry i'll be fine)

And i also agree june brown is EXCELLENT she is so funny aswell, maybe if and when she leaves EE i'd love her to do comedy(Ab Fab,Dinnerladies that kinda thing!)

but even leslie not being nominated for best actor Sucks, they really have screwed it up this year and it ain't even properly started!!

Luv ya all
layne
xxx

Ps don't get me wrong the actors/actresses that are nominated are fab its just the ones that ain't bin nominated!!!

Rach33
07-03-2005, 20:45
How can Tracy-Ann not get nominated that is an outrage as for Michelle Ryan i'd rather eat my razor blades than vote for her Zoe's done nothing but whine

Cherryz
07-03-2005, 21:00
either way, whoevers nominated, there will be bias, right from the start of the awards process. So, it all really boils down to a type of popularity contest when you think about it.

I try not to be negative about these things, but I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in statistics and that kind of stuff lol.

andromeda
07-03-2005, 21:30
The popularity vote argument can be argued in both Nigel's and Shane's nominations aswell.

Alisha
07-03-2005, 22:06
Overall, I think of it as a popularity vote aswell- not only for the actress catagory but for the actor one too. I voted for Nigel in the best Actor catogary but if say, Leslie Gratham or Garry Beadle was there I may have voted for them instead as they have done compelling performances this year. I do agree that it carries alot of bias.

*JSW*
07-03-2005, 22:56
Michelle Ryan is an excellent actress laugh if you want but its true. We may not like what her character has become (weak lifeless person whom is the 'victim' all the time) her acting is excellent within that perspective but its criminal that June Brown isn't up there. And Kacey Ainsworth- best actress there is a laugh!

Claire
08-03-2005, 09:10
How can Tracy-Ann not get nominated that is an outrage as for Michelle Ryan i'd rather eat my razor blades than vote for her Zoe's done nothing but whine

:D :D :D
If there is a award category for best annoying person in soap, she will get my vote, but she will not get my vote for best actress. Michelle Ryan seems like a nice person but she is just another average actress pn the show. Her recent performances are OK but not the best. However Tracey-Ann Oberman performances have been outstanding :) she plays the Chrisse character so well. She would have gotten my vote if she was nominated that is.

callummc
08-03-2005, 09:27
Well for the first time ever i've voted against EE,it's my way of punishing EE for their treatment of Leslie,and what they did to Dens charecter,i still voted for Leslie and Nigel twice,and i think they have put Tracey Anne in the wrong categry,probably hoping that she'll beat Leslie which would make EE look like they have made the right decision concerning Leslie.

Kirsty
08-03-2005, 13:37
I get what you're saying about the popularity thing but I thought Tracy-Ann was quite popular aswell, or she is judging by the letters in this weeks Inside Soap :)

Out of the three possibilities I will be voting for Jessie Wallace, coz I do think she's a brilliant actress it's just I think other people deserve some recognition for the work they've done recently.

*JSW*
08-03-2005, 13:58
I get what you're saying about the popularity thing but I thought Tracy-Ann was quite popular aswell, or she is judging by the letters in this weeks Inside Soap :)

Out of the three possibilities I will be voting for Jessie Wallace, coz I do think she's a brilliant actress it's just I think other people deserve some recognition for the work they've done recently.
But jessie hasn't been there for months now! Just because we know she's a good actress doesn't mean she's the best even when she's not there! We're talking about the last 6-12 months not the last few years!

andromeda
08-03-2005, 14:36
We're talking 12 months and for the best part of it Jessie has been there and has pulled off some brilliant moments. She deserves to be among the nominations as much as anyone. It irks me that people would begrudge her the possibility of the award because she's been on maternity leave.

I know some of you would've liked to have seen Letitia in the nominations, but she's going to have been gone just as long if not longer in the May- April year of the soap awards.

yvonne_slater
08-03-2005, 16:26
Where is the list of nominations?

Alisha
08-03-2005, 16:52
I know some of you would've liked to have seen Letitia in the nominations, but she's going to have been gone just as long if not longer in the May- April year of the soap awards.[/QUOTE]

You make a fair point there but we are nominateing now - in early March so really she has been of our screen for just over two months and did have a breif return during Den's leave which was top quality. I think Jessie's performance has been good but I thought Tracey, June and Letitia were in a different league all together. I do think Jessie is a great actress but she doesn't get my vote this year and neither do the others in that panel.

I never thought Id here my self say this but I'm not fussed if ee walk away empty handed in the that catagory, even if it does mean corrie winning the award for best actress.

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
08-03-2005, 17:07
I know what you mean. How can Michelle Ryan over ride, June, Tracey and Letitia. Its a laughing joke! :confused:
I TOTALLY agree. It doesn't make sense. I think that Kim Medcalf has been quite good too, MUCH better than Michelle Ryan. Any of the other actresses deserve it more than she does.

Also, I think that Jake Moon should also be in the sexiest male nominations. I don't think that they considered these properly. I think its probably because they only have three people per soap in each category, which limits them a bit. however, this still doesn't mean that Michelle Ryan should be nominated for best actress - Tracy and Letitia were much better.

♥Lovin Me 4 Me♥
08-03-2005, 17:09
Overall, I think of it as a popularity vote aswell- not only for the actress catagory but for the actor one too. I voted for Nigel in the best Actor catogary but if say, Leslie Gratham or Garry Beadle was there I may have voted for them instead as they have done compelling performances this year. I do agree that it carries alot of bias.
I agree, I would definitley vote for Gary Beadle.

andromeda
08-03-2005, 18:42
You make a fair point there but we are nominateing now - in early March so really she has been of our screen for just over two months and did have a breif return during Den's leave which was top quality. I think Jessie's performance has been good but I thought Tracey, June and Letitia were in a different league all together. I do think Jessie is a great actress but she doesn't get my vote this year and neither do the others in that panel.

I never thought Id here my self say this but I'm not fussed if ee walk away empty handed in the that catagory, even if it does mean corrie winning the award for best actress.[/QUOTE]

But that makes no difference when we're nominating.. the year runs in that time for these awards and the time away will be about the same if not more.

Anyway... we'll never agree on Letitia v Jessie. I'm afraid I don't rate Letitia these days... I don't feel she's as good as she once was. Maybe that's because I can't enjoy the storylines she's involved in, but it's just not the same anymore with her. when I watch the stuff airing on UK Gold... she seemed much more enjoyable to watch. I don't think Jessie's got the right storylines this last year, but I do honestly think she acts her sock off... more so than most in the cast... I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on those two though... it'll all down to personal taste isn't it?!

June will always put up great performances, but again she's hardly ever in the programme. Tracey is the only one I feel should've been there who isn't. Michelle is under rated I feel. I don't think her storylines have helped her there. Kacey... I love her, but she shouldn't be in the nominations this year.

Lennie
09-03-2005, 12:40
I agree, about Jessie and Kacey are fantastic actresses i think they should not be on the list but i think the judges are looking at last years performances. But i do think Tracy-Ann, June, and Letitia should be there.

Kirsty
09-03-2005, 15:40
But jessie hasn't been there for months now! Just because we know she's a good actress doesn't mean she's the best even when she's not there! We're talking about the last 6-12 months not the last few years!

Yeah I know but I can't vote Tracy-Ann so my vote may aswell go to someone else I like

EESarah
09-03-2005, 16:02
Well I think the period covered is April - April. Jessie was on screen until November and she did feature heavily whilst on screen during the year prior to her leaving. I agree with Andromeda that irrespective of the quality of the storylines last year Jessie shone throughout. Imo she deserves this award for the two hander alone almost! Anyhow I voted for her in these awards - not just because of her work last year but I genuinely think she's one of EE finest actors and deserves the recognition of this award. She's won sexiest before but not this one.

I'm amazed though they didn't include Tracy-Ann. Very disappointing. Would have had Tracy-Ann, Jessie and June Brown myself. But hopefully Tracy-Ann can pick up the best newcomer award.

Alisha
09-03-2005, 17:36
Yeah you're right. We all have our favourates. :)

I do see where you are comeing from over Letitia. I partly agree. Between April - October, we have seen a few looks between her and Dennis and her character faded in the background and since Den returned she has become more dependant on him, which I think has contributed to the change in character (which I wasn't happy with myself). However considering the scripts she was given, she has done a fine job and carried it of brilliantly to a great standard. The same goes for Jessie (even though I dont think of her as the best this year, she did well with what she was given)

About the nominations, the point Im trying to make is that if we were nominateing in May then Letitia would have been gone for 5 months and this ultimatley could have changed peoples perception of her and other actresses in the voteing. However, because we are voteing in the here and now, it doesn't seem that long to us. If she was in the nomination selection, people may feel differently about thier choice nearer to the time of the awards.

Flozza
04-04-2005, 08:33
i no kim should b up there
sometimes peeps ova look her but i think she's amazin

Siobhan
04-04-2005, 11:33
I love EE and I was very very disappointed with the nominations.. sad to say I did vote for other people in other soaps in best female and villian category.