PDA

View Full Version : The Tudors

Bryan
24-08-2008, 16:03
Does anyone else watch The Tudors on BBC Two?

I've just brought the first series and watched it, and now catching up on series 2 that my dad recorded for me!

I love it! It's like a 16th century soap opera! So much passion and treachery it's better than Eastenders haha!

Love Henry and Anne's relationship, even though we all know who it's going to end!!!

Chloe O'brien
25-08-2008, 00:16
I watch it Bryan, usually catch the repeat on Wednesday night. Shame it's stuck on bbc2 it a fab drama.

Kim
25-08-2008, 02:09
I think I will have to buy the first series too so that I can catch up a bit. I loved learning about The Tudors when we were doing them in History.

Luna
25-08-2008, 07:47
i have the first series on dvd but havent got round to watching it yet. Its had some great reviews. I didnt know the second series had started yet.

Bryan
31-08-2008, 16:04
as historically inaccurate it is, you've got to love it! an epic romp through history :D

Anne Bolyn is very tasty, a shape he'll have to behead her!

Peter O Toole is amazing in it, a great job casting him!

Apparantly Joss Stone & Max Von Sydow are going to be in series 3!

Debs
31-08-2008, 16:30
Love the tudors but only started watching from this series!

want to get series one on dvd!!

Bryan
31-08-2008, 16:30
Love the tudors but only started watching from this series!

want to get series one on dvd!!

i got it for under a tenner from HMV, dont know if the offer is still on online

tammyy2j
22-07-2009, 14:17
Nip/Tuck’s Joely Richardson has scored one of the hottest TV roles out there right now that is Katherine Parr on Showtime’s The Tudors.

Richardson will play Henry’s (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) last wife during Tudors' fourth and final season, which is slated to debut in Spring 2010.

Production on Nip/Tuck's final season wrapped last month, freeing Richardson up to take the gig.

Chloe O'brien
22-07-2009, 22:39
Wonder when series 3 will be shown. I've seen both 1 & 2.

Bryan
23-07-2009, 12:19
Nip/Tuck’s Joely Richardson has scored one of the hottest TV roles out there right now that is Katherine Parr on Showtime’s The Tudors.

Richardson will play Henry’s (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) last wife during Tudors' fourth and final season, which is slated to debut in Spring 2010.

Production on Nip/Tuck's final season wrapped last month, freeing Richardson up to take the gig.

wooooo! love Nip Tuck and Joely Richardson! :D

parkerman
23-07-2009, 14:53

wooooo! love Nip Tuck and Joely Richardson! :D

Just as well. If the first two series are anything to go by, I expect we'll be seeing a lot of her...if you see what I mean! :thumbsup:

Debs
31-08-2009, 22:31
Anyone watching this at the moment? I'm loving it! wasnt sure i would enjoy it now anne boleyn gone but its even better now!

Chloe O'brien
31-08-2009, 22:36
Yeah I've been watching it lot more blood and gore this year.

Debs
31-08-2009, 22:59
Yeah I've been watching it lot more blood and gore this year.

yeah i thought that. All those hangings!!!
loved the last one, was so sad, finally getting his son and then his wife dieing :(

Abigail
01-09-2009, 19:32
The only time I watched this was when I was flicking channels and saw Jonathan Rhys Meyers half naked going for it with a lass on the bed. My mum was in the room so I hastily turned it over.

What day is it on now?

annette_tr9
02-09-2009, 12:52
i've been watching it....the last episode though all i kept looking at was...."is that him from hollyoaks"?!?!?

Chloe O'brien
04-09-2009, 23:03
The only time I watched this was when I was flicking channels and saw Jonathan Rhys Meyers half naked going for it with a lass on the bed. My mum was in the room so I hastily turned it over.

What day is it on now?

It's on Fridays at 9pm on bbc2